PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Ron Paul Google Challenge

SaratogaForRonPaul
11-26-2007, 01:25 PM
I think the power of our meetups and sign waving is having an impact (as well as the Nov 5th fundraising)! In addition, since Oct 31st I made a Google AdWords promoting Ron Paul limited to the Capital District in NY. Here is the trend:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul&ctab=0&geo=US&geor=usa.ny&date=mtd&sort=0
(for fun add clinton and giuliani with commas on top, and change to your state)

As you can see, Albany has the most Ron Paul searches in the state. I don't think my token $100 campaign alone made it happen, because our "Google Ron Paul" banners and the MSM coverage of Nov 5th clearly shows spikes, but I am sure it helps.

If you (everyone) are willing to put $20 or more on your own Google AdWord campaign, I think it is one more thing that will help the campaign. Let's face it, 80% of the people are online and NY is so overwhelmingly Giuliani and Clinton that it will take the edge off. I am not saying do this instead of sign waving, door to door, phone calls to registered Republicans, or donating to the campaign, but this is an easy 20 minute exercise that has some impact.

On that note, I CHALLENGE THE OTHER MEETUP AREAS TO BEAT ALBANY IN GOOGLE TRENDS FOR RON PAUL. Nothing like good-all free market competition.

Some Suggestions:

1. Sign up at adwords.google.com
2. Use the standard edition instead of starter, because it lets you target your specific area (all of New York is too expensive) by zip code or city.
3. Don't use the prepay Credit card as it limits your options.
4. Put a budget limit to match what you can put in for the month.

Here are some of the ads I used (make your own variations):

Be a Ron Paul Volunteer
Did you know there are over 72K
supporters? Be Active locally.
ronpaul.meetup.com

Be a Ron Paul Volunteer
Don't be an Internet Spectator!
Be Active and volunteer locally.
ronpaul.meetup.com

Abolish the Fed Reserve
Return to a Free Market Economy.
Vote Ron Paul for President.
www.RonPaul2008.com

End the Iraq War
Bring Our Sons Home!
www.RonPaul2008.com

Abolish the IRS
Don't work for 4 months for Gov't!
www.RonPaul2008.com

Keywords I use (Less is better):
Ron Paul
federal income tax
iraq
war
federal reserve
patriot act
dollar
constitution
giuliani
gold

Finally, if you have any questions, feel free to email me, I am happy to help out.

Best,
Steven Vasquez
Saratoga County Ron Paul Organizer

SaratogaForRonPaul
11-26-2007, 01:57 PM
BTW, with my $100, I got over 277,000 impressions for Ron Paul

SaratogaForRonPaul
11-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Anyone? Bump.

It's really simple and fun to do for 20 minutes after coming home going door to door and sign waving.

Austin
11-26-2007, 02:44 PM
That's a ton of impressions.. I may talk to my Meetup about this, seems like money well spent.

Dutch
11-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Hold a sec.

Great idea, but before y'all start setting up Adwords accounts, check this out.
Google has promotions everywhere all the time in business magazines where
you get $50 credit when you sign up using a special code. That's $50 in free advertising!

Someone flip through some mags and get that code (I'm in Europe, sorry, can't do it
myself) so we have Google unknowingly help us. I doubt they'd mind :D

Dutch

SaratogaForRonPaul
11-26-2007, 03:26 PM
Absolutely, if you find codes, use it and post them here. I couldn't find any active ones and I looked for a while. There are some offers from ISPs when you start a website.

SaratogaForRonPaul
11-26-2007, 06:16 PM
bump

SaratogaForRonPaul
11-26-2007, 09:02 PM
bump

SaratogaForRonPaul
11-26-2007, 09:05 PM
Also in addition to the 277,000 impressions, I got hundreds of clicks to ronpaul.meetup.com.

Yes, we used to own the Internet, but in the last month Clinton has surpassed us in traffic, MySpace, and Facebook. We can use the ads to convert those Ron Paul supporters to be active Meetup volunteers.

BrianH
11-26-2007, 09:20 PM
Also in addition to the 277,000 impressions, I got hundreds of clicks to ronpaul.meetup.com.

Yes, we used to own the Internet, but in the last month Clinton has surpassed us in traffic, MySpace, and Facebook. We can use the ads to convert those Ron Paul supporters to be active Meetup volunteers.

I totally agree we need to get MySpace RP Friends to join MeetUps. Do you have a link on the data above? I thought Obama was 2nd on MySpace with about 1/10th of the friends Ron Paul has. At least that was true a few weeks ago. How did Hillary get so many MySpace friends so fast?

SaratogaForRonPaul
11-26-2007, 10:40 PM
Hillary now has 149,000 MySpace friends while Ron has 88,000. Barak Obama is beating everyone with 195,000 friends.

bluemarkets
12-03-2007, 08:25 PM
Yes ... Im all for adwords as we can target the ad

Ive seen barackobama ads for keywords like

- presidential candidates
- democratic candidates
- election 2008
- etc...

you can target people wanting to know more info on the candidates especially since there are still people who dont know about Ron Paul

most of america is still asleep concerning the elections and will wake in the summer when they announce the candidates

is the campaign actively using adwords/Yahoo/MSN to get the word out?