PDA

View Full Version : Money isn't everything...

Blowback
11-26-2007, 01:24 PM
I remember back in the day when we had very little money compared to the "front runners" and we used to get upset and pissed when we were belittled. Now all I see on the boards is insults and comparisons against other campaigns that don't raise as much money as we do (Huckabee).

Don't get me wrong, it is unbelievably fantastic that we have raised so much money but lets not let it get to our head. Huckabee could still beat us if we don't act smart and continue with a boots on the ground approach and a very nice "What would Ron do" approach to things. Remember, we aren't trying to piss off the people in other campaigns, we are trying to get them to like our candidate.

We just need to remember where we came from and not belittle other candidates and say that can't win just because they have no money (they used to do that to us). There are plenty of other reasons the other candidates shouldn't win (Huckabee is a tax whore for instance).

KewlRonduderules
11-26-2007, 01:26 PM
+1

kylejack
11-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Huckabee: The vertical candidate with the horizontal fund-raising chart.

I said it! Hate me if you like!

njandrewg
11-26-2007, 01:41 PM
a) Money isn't everything because it tends to come from lobbyists.
b) Ron Paul's money comes from small donors. Which we have more than other campaigns
c) People put down Huckabee's $$$, because he gets labeled a front runner, yet has no support and no money.
d) And money is an important measure of support at this point

Mandrik
11-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I agree with the sentiment about not letting anything get to our heads. What makes me giggle is how earlier this year the main reason RP wasn't considered top tier by the news was his money. Now he has money, and they say he's not top tier because of the polls. When he breaks 10% nationally, they are going to say he's not top tier because his name is Hillary or Rudy. ;)