PDA

View Full Version : Daily Caller: NSA whistleblower donated to Ron Paul’s presidential campaign

sailingaway
06-09-2013, 06:18 PM
"National Security Administration whistleblower Edward Snowden, who revealed his identity to The Guardian newspaper on Sunday, was a donor to former Texas Rep. Ron Paul’s presidential campaign.

OpenSecrets.org shows that Snowden twice donated $250 to Paul’s campaign, once on March 18, 2012 from a Maryland address, and a second time on May 6, 2012 from Hawaii. Paul ceased active campaigning for the Republican presidential nomination on May 14, 2012.

In an interview with The Guardian, Snowden said he voted for a third party for president on Election Day last November.

As the Obama administration expanded its surveillance powers, Snowden says he grew disillusioned and secretly began to collect documents to leak to the public. Obama’s struggles to defend NSA’s spying program after his leaks confirmed his view that the government’s program was indefensible

“My immediate reaction was he was having difficulty in defending it himself,” Snowden said. “He was trying to defend the unjustifiable and he knew it.”

Snowden believes his leaks will force changes in the government’s surveillance policy.

“There is a grassroots movement to take to the streets on July 4 in defense of the Fourth Amendment called Restore The Fourth Amendment and it grew out of Reddit,” he said. “The response over the Internet has been huge and supportive.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/09/nsa-whistleblower-donated-to-ron-pauls-presidential-campaign/#ixzz2VlJF6QfS

http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/09/nsa-whistleblower-donated-to-ron-pauls-presidential-campaign/

HOLLYWOOD
06-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Does Ron even know what's going on?

I hope he has some well prepared statements, you just know Fascist Media will be sandbagging questions if they call for an interviews.

Anti Federalist
06-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Does Ron even know what's going on?

I hope he has some well prepared statements, you just know Fascist Media will be sandbagging questions if they call for an interviews.

Please let him be fully aware, well briefed and ready with a whole bucketload of truth as only Ron can deliver it.

Please.

tangent4ronpaul
06-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Guess RP supporters can kiss their clearances away as well as any chance of career upward mobility.... Those that work that part of the gvmt, at least...

-t

limequat
06-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Not clear on why RP supporters would work for fedgov anyway. Maybe this was the last one?

CaseyJones
06-09-2013, 06:39 PM
I just made sure Ron knows

James Madison
06-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Not clear on why RP supporters would work for fedgov anyway. Maybe this was the last one?

Maybe the same reason Ron worked for fedgov.

jkr
06-09-2013, 06:58 PM
if we don't move... maybe they won't see us

vita3
06-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Good.

thoughtomator
06-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Are you now, or have you ever been a Ron Paul supporter?

HOLLYWOOD
06-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Guess RP supporters can kiss their clearances away as well as any chance of career upward mobility.... Those that work that part of the gvmt, at least...

-tPOLYGRAPHS GALORE!

green73
06-09-2013, 07:46 PM
Sailing, we already have a thread on this.

Keith and stuff
06-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Maybe the same reason Ron worked for fedgov.
Excellent response. It might be to minimize harm. It help be to help people. Could be any number of reasons. We do know that a whole bunch of Ron Paul supporters were/are in the military (which is the main federal government program).

sailingaway
06-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Please let him be fully aware, well briefed and ready with a whole bucketload of truth as only Ron can deliver it.

Please.

Ron will come through whether he is briefed or not.

sailingaway
06-09-2013, 07:53 PM

It isn't that he did this because he's a Ron Paul supporter, it is that people who really care about civil liberties HAVE to support Ron Paul.

sailingaway
06-09-2013, 07:55 PM
However, if you go to Ron's forum you will see that his Texas straight talk is on this, and he was interviewed on it twice in the last couple of days (before anyone knew Snowden donated to him, though.)

You will also see a video of him speaking out on the floor against government computer surveillance back in 1984.

And on the thread in there before we tweeted it it media, it looked like Snowden donated a total of $699. I'm thinking he donated $199 to be under the reporting level, then thought 'the heck with it.."

Anti Federalist
06-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Ron will come through whether he is briefed or not.

I'm sure he will, but this is really, really important.

Reason
06-09-2013, 08:50 PM

creepy

jclay2
06-09-2013, 09:15 PM
While this doesn't bode well for our future, I am glad that Ron was able to influence this guy to do the right thing and show this criminal government for what it is.