PDA

View Full Version : NSA Built Back Door In All Windows Software by 1999

Constitutional Paulicy
06-09-2013, 08:53 AM
NSA Built Back Door In All Windows Software by 1999
Posted on June 7, 2013 by WashingtonsBlog

In researching the stunning pervasiveness of spying by the government (it’s much more wide spread than you’ve heard even now), we ran across the fact that the FBI wants software programmers to install a backdoor in all software.

Digging a little further, we found a 1999 article by leading European computer publication Heise which noted that the NSA had already built a backdoor into all Windows software:

more here... http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/06/microsoft-programmed-in-nsa-backdoor-in-windows-by-1999.html

V3n
06-09-2013, 09:09 AM
I didn't know it started that early.

Related - by 2010 the Government was requiring all network equipment to have backdoors open to grab internet traffic and other network data.

http://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security-technology-and-liberty/government-backdoors-letting-wrong-people

And yesterday, security researchers reported more specifically on how government-required backdoors built into Cisco's routers have created security vulnerabilities.

And here's a link from there I didn't know about..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/03/AR2010020304057_2.html

Google to enlist NSA to help it ward off cyberattacks

These agencies include the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security.

Over the past decade, other Silicon Valley companies have quietly turned to the NSA for guidance in protecting their networks.

So the NSA is in all of Windows and all Networking.. yikes.

CPUd
06-09-2013, 09:17 AM
LOL yeah, there are gaping holes in a lot of systems- it's called Java.

HOLLYWOOD
06-09-2013, 09:31 AM
“is that it is tremendously easier for the NSA to load unauthorized security services on all copies of Microsoft Windows, and once these security services are loaded, they can effectively compromise your entire operating system“. The NSA key is contained inside all versions of Windows from Windows 95 OSR2 onwards.Highly Illegal, but let me guess... The FISA/PATRIOT Act allow the court clowns sitting on the bench to just rubber-stamp the approval to install their spyware on 1+ billion copies of WINDOWS. Simply incredible, this is allowed, but nothing new for the Fascist 'Big Brother' state, you have to wonder where it all ends.

Bill Clinton was using the NSA Echelon system to spy on foreign businesses/manufacturers, from their conceptions in the boardroom, through engineering, to corporate secret operations. Big Brother is outta control, but EVERYTHING remains classified due to "NATIONAL SECURITY". Clinton turned that stolen information over US competition.

ghengis86
06-09-2013, 09:51 AM
This is my surprised face

._.

Seriously. Lots of us here suspected as much. Now the kooks are being confirmed

CPUd
06-09-2013, 09:52 AM
BTW, _NSAKEY is not a "backdoor", it's a public key. They called the NSA's Key because during that time, NSA is who you would go to to make sure your encryption scheme was compliant with export controls (which are pointless today, and not really enforced).

ClydeCoulter
06-09-2013, 10:04 AM
BTW, _NSAKEY is not a "backdoor", it's a public key. They called the NSA's Key because during that time, NSA is who you would go to to make sure your encryption scheme was compliant with export controls (which are pointless today, and not really enforced).

I don't understand how a crypto key being referenced on a computer has anything to do with "backdoor"s. I can install a crypto key on the computers for my clients and it will not give me any access to their system any more than anyone else.
Now, software, that's a different story, if installed as admin and given admin/system privileges. I didn't see anything in the article(s) concerning that.

CPUd
06-09-2013, 10:19 AM
I don't understand how a crypto key being referenced on a computer has anything to do with "backdoor"s. I can install a crypto key on the computers for my clients and it will not give me any access to their system any more than anyone else.
Now, software, that's a different story, if installed as admin and given admin/system privileges. I didn't see anything in the article(s) concerning that.

It doesn't; 'backdoor' just sounds sneakier, so it gets misused often. Some variations on this story go so far as to say NSA has a backdoor in encryption algorithms. The key in question, it doesn't look like it was even used to access the OS, it was the public portion of a failsafe key used to sign their code, in case something happened to the original.

pcosmar
06-09-2013, 11:06 AM
One word.

Linux

Occam's Banana
06-09-2013, 12:00 PM
One word.

Linux

Or if you prefer two words:

Open Source

Carson
06-09-2013, 12:18 PM
With all of these back doors someone should have noticed what was going on before we lost our country.

Carson
06-09-2013, 12:19 PM
With all of these back doors someone should have noticed what was going on before we lost our country.

Carson
06-09-2013, 12:20 PM

Two duplicate post may have been an accident.

Three looks like perfection.

muh_roads
06-09-2013, 12:35 PM
I updated my thread. Completely forgot to list OS options...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?417107-**-Apps-amp-software-you-can-use-to-hide-yourself-from-PRISM-**