PDA

View Full Version : Adam Kokesh has been arrested again by the D.C. parks police... 6/8/13

Lucille
06-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Via https://twitter.com/adamkokesh/status/343468432748064768

I assume it happened at The Joint Summit with President Choom, which is today.

https://www.facebook.com/events/137492336443482/?ref=22

compromise
06-08-2013, 03:40 PM
This guy practically lives in DC jails by now.

noneedtoaggress
06-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Recent posts:

Adam has been arrested again by the D.C. parks police... should we blow up their phones again?

202 619 7310 is the number to parks police... do what you wish with it.

Arrested at his "Smoke Down Prohibition: Joint Summit with #PresidentChoom" event.

Not much other info atm, afaik.

anaconda
06-08-2013, 03:41 PM
I thought the powers that be "got to him." Maybe they didn't really. Or maybe it was temporary.

Lucille
06-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Via FedBook: Brian Seidel: NJ Weedman posted a vid of just after it happened. Sounds like they grabbed Adam for having a joint. Weedman seemed to think it was someone else who actually had it in their hand. Sounded like they picked him out of the crowd again.

https://www.facebook.com/ADAMVSTHEMAN/posts/10151432443486260

Lucille
06-08-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm also reading that Adam is the only person they arrested. There is video, but I don't see it posted anywhere yet.

CPUd
06-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Good thing he has insurance.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-08-2013, 03:51 PM
will he stop getting his stupid ass arrested at pot rallies?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-08-2013, 03:54 PM

I guess not. I wonder if that was as baseless as the last arrest. I hope we don't start applying that logic to everyone.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-08-2013, 03:55 PM
I guess not. I wonder if that was as baseless as the last arrest. I hope we don't start applying that logic to everyone.

He wanted an armed march at D.C. and he is going to all these pot rallies asking to be picked out. Then he cancels it and goes to another pot rally. I think he has bolts loose in his head.

AFPVet
06-08-2013, 03:57 PM
He needs to stay out of D.C. Damn....

Working Poor
06-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Does he really think he is being effective?

jkr
06-08-2013, 04:23 PM
anyone questioning him being "arrested" for BULL$HIT???

Lucille
06-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Kathy Harrison: Spoke with Officer Moran..he doesn't know if Adam will be booked or released! Charge is possession of pot.

Lucille
06-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Kathy Harrison: He did put himself in the line of fire. I was smoking and I didn't get arrested. He wasn't smoking and he did?

Kathy Harrison: Yeah Bradley Londo the legal way has really worked! Also I was there...Adam did not have pot! There was a joint planted on the ground next to him. They are out to get him you idiot!

PSYOP
06-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Kokesh isn't interested in doing anything productive in the liberty movement -- all he cares about is attention and demonizing Rand Paul supporters because they won't give in to his anarchist dream.

liberty2897
06-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Kokesh isn't interested in doing anything productive in the liberty movement -- all he cares about is attention and demonizing Rand Paul supporters because they won't give in to his anarchist dream.

WTF?

PSYOP
06-08-2013, 04:33 PM
WTF?

You heard me.

pcosmar
06-08-2013, 04:34 PM
He wanted an armed march at D.C. and he is going to all these pot rallies asking to be picked out. Then he cancels it and goes to another pot rally. I think he has bolts loose in his head.

You may want to question those doing the arresting,, rather than those being arrested.

From what I have seen he makes those arresting him look like the stupid fools that they are.
And that stupidity NEEDS to be highlighted.

kcchiefs6465
06-08-2013, 04:42 PM
You may want to question those doing the arresting,, rather than those being arrested.

From what I have seen he makes those arresting him look like the stupid fools that they are.
You mean to tell me that people shouldn't cheer the government forcefully encaging a fellow man for peacefully protesting and/or smoking plant matter?

Strange.

I'd wish that some people here would spent a night or two in a cage before reveling in the fact of someone they disagree with doing so.

Occam's Banana
06-08-2013, 04:47 PM
I thought the powers that be "got to him." Maybe they didn't really. Or maybe it was temporary.

Nah - "obviously" they're just using this as "cover" to bring him in for debriefing and further instructions ... :rolleyes:

Victor Grey
06-08-2013, 04:48 PM
I wish he'd pick an issue and focus until it can bolster others he's interested in. Getting arrested for smoking weed cuts into the time for an armed second amendment march on D.C., and for that matter, anything else.

I guess he has and it's weed. Well. Alrighty.

He shouldn't of hyped up that second amendment march if he wasn't even going to do it. He had so many people interested in that project that weren't even hard core libertarians, and seemed willing to hear about the position.

It pisses me off he had so many people interested in that particular cause outside the ancap inner circle he'd built up, and then pissed it away.

Frickin' social-cons actually defending his ass on the internet, and he goes straight to getting jailed twice, when damned well he knows that "they're" looking to nab him at the time. Participating in that second amendment march would of gave him gigantic social credit, to a new audience.

Seems more interested in making a public show for people that agree with him already, to fawn over, than effectively making ideological conversions toward his ideology.

jkr
06-08-2013, 04:50 PM
WoW

FIRST
AMENDMENT

Working Poor
06-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Nah - "obviously" they're just using this as "cover" to bring him in for debriefing and further instructions ... :rolleyes:

Yea they gotta reset his chip before the big show....

liberty2897
06-08-2013, 04:57 PM
I wish he'd pick an issue and focus. Getting arrested for smoking weed cuts into the time for an armed second amendment march on D.C., and for that matter, anything else.

I guess he has and it's weed. Well. Alrighty.

He shouldn't of hyped up that second amendment march if he wasn't even going to do it. He had so many people interested in that project that weren't even hard core libertarians, and seemed willing to hear about the position.

It pisses me off he had so many people interested in that particular cause outside the ancap inner circle he'd built up, and then pissed it away.

Frickin' social-cons actually defending his ass on the internet, and he goes straight to getting jailed twice, when damned well he knows that "they're" looking to nab him at the time. Participating in that second amendment march would of gave him gigantic social credit, to a new audience.

Seems more interested in making a public show for people that agree with him already, to fawn over, than effectively making ideological conversions toward his ideology.

Who are you to determine what issues he should address and when? What gives you any credibility regarding his decision to support guns or smoking weed on any given day? Maybe he is pissing an opportunity away, maybe he is not. I know one thing for sure: He has done / (is doing) a hell of a lot more for liberty than I am.

RickyJ
06-08-2013, 05:04 PM
He is really not focused. He knows they are there trying to get him for anything, so he goes anyway? Yes he shouldn't have been arrested but he is making it easy for them to make sure that he won't be in the march.

FSP-Rebel
06-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Who are you to determine what issues he should address and when? What gives you any credibility regarding his decision to support guns or smoking weed on any given day? Maybe he is pissing an opportunity away, maybe he is not. I know one thing for sure: He has done / (is doing) a hell of a lot more for liberty than I am.
Anyone can make a value judgement on things, it is a free country after all. People do that on/to Rand all the time. It does seem his ego is massaged when he gets the youngsters all stirred up at a pot rally, which isn't exactly a negative. His effectiveness could be better and reach a broader audience if that is what he's inclined to do on the gun issue yet it seems he's content right now causing issues with the DC park police. Perhaps, he's looking to get a negative reaction out of the cops and make some extra cash. I could go either way on this but it would suck for Kokesh to start piling up drug charges and then his future activism is in danger of serious prison time. They are definitely looking to warehouse this guy as he's an honorably discharged marine that is clearly an enemy of their state and can move others into action.

Victor Grey
06-08-2013, 05:27 PM

I don't have to be an expert to impress you and turn your opinion, liberty2897, I merely have to have common sense.

I know this damn much, if MLK back in the 60's decided "aw screw this million man march crap, that's canceled, im 'a go protest the vietnam war by dancing nakkie in a forest drum circle" or something comparable, I'd think it'd be stupid and a waste of his social pull.

Maybe the Boston Tea Party participants, should of just got drunk in a random tavern dressed as the Indians, and done the electric slide.
"More than most people have accomplished," or something like that.
Yeah. *smh* Whatever really. That is weak.

Kokesh is wasting his social credit and a unique talent he has. Every time he seems to come up with a brilliant idea that could be amazing, (the soldier march, the second amendment rally) he goes and goofs off, with something else that is lesser.

I don't care for the jefferson memorial dancing, pot smoking bronze medal crap when he could accomplish more and he is fully capable of it; and it certainly doesn't hurt my feelings whether he has some social pull in the ancap circle and everyone wants to defend him. That argument is tired.

Yes, he is pissing away an opportunity. There's not a doubt in my mind. You know he is, you wouldn't of mentioned it if you didn't know he is. He does it too often.
Sometimes he's like the living Broken Window fallacy of social activism.

Instead of resulting in having a few news articles outside Reason Magazine, and a lot of word of mouth positive toward him and by such vicariously his political ideas, he'll have his jail calls again now, all from the same exact people that were, and are, already following him anyway.

Everyone can feel like they're making amazing gains when they comparatively aren't at all.
& I don't like it.

bolil
06-08-2013, 05:30 PM

Perhaps his flesh filled scrotum prevents him from being other than himself. I am glad there is a person willing to be caged to shed light on the absurdity of victimless crime. Adam Kokesh acts when so many others simply talk.

LibertyEagle
06-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Perhaps his flesh filled scrotum prevents him from being other than himself. I am glad there is a person willing to be caged to shed light on the absurdity of victimless crime. Adam Kokesh acts when so many others simply talk.

Last time I checked, there were a lot of people jailed for victimless crimes like smoking pot. I'm not seeing how Adam joining them is a very effective strategy in "fighting for liberty".

bolil
06-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Last time I checked, there were a lot of people jailed for victimless crimes like smoking pot. I'm not seeing how Adam joining them is a very effective strategy in "fighting for liberty".

Well, because most people that are caged for victimless crimes lack an audience, that is to say their kidnapping is insulated to their friends and family. Adam, metaphorically speaking, has a big ass microphone and when he is caged for a victimless crime more people hear about it. Like most things that people hear about, the knowledge of its happening gets the gears turning. "The park police is caging people for victimless crimes instead of using those resources to pursue violent offenders... especially rapists."

I, for one, am grateful that a man like Adam is willing to put it all (shit happens in prison) on the line for everyone else. This isn't even so much about smoking fatties in public as it is a challenge to a society that condones the caging of people for what can only be called a 'non crime'.

Should getting a tattoo be a crime? No, of course not, to think such would be absurd. Same applies to other victimless behaviors.

liberty2897
06-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Anyone can make a value judgement on things, it is a free country after all. People do that on/to Rand all the time. It does seem his ego is massaged when he gets the youngsters all stirred up at a pot rally, which isn't exactly a negative. His effectiveness could be better and reach a broader audience if that is what he's inclined to do on the gun issue yet it seems he's content right now causing issues with the DC park police. Perhaps, he's looking to get a negative reaction out of the cops and make some extra cash. I could go either way on this but it would suck for Kokesh to start piling up drug charges and then his future activism is in danger of serious prison time. They are definitely looking to warehouse this guy as he's an honorably discharged marine that is clearly an enemy of their state and can move others into action.

Yes, I wish I had not quoted someone when making my previous comment. Sorry Victor Grey.

"when he gets the youngsters all stirred up at a pot rally, which isn't exactly a negative"

Who says that it is all youngsters at the pot rally? You might be surprised at the diverse population that likes to smoke. His presence there does not take away from his other causes in my opinion. It is definitely not a negative. ...except for those with a really warped sense of reality. I really don't see how this is a "narrow" issue when compared to the gun issue. Yes people like guns. I like guns. Lots of people here have guns. We need guns. That isn't going to change anytime soon. If the US military decides to turn on us (I hope not), then our guns aren't going to help us all that much at this point. I'm not trying to say that pot is more important than guns (although I may believe this). I'm trying to say that we should support any positive movement in the right direction. We should stop cannibalizing our own movement. Sorry if none of this makes sense. I do like to smoke, so you know.. grain of salt.

LibertyEagle
06-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Well, because most people that are caged for victimless crimes lack an audience, that is to say their kidnapping is insulated to their friends and family. Adam, metaphorically speaking, has a big ass microphone and when he is caged for a victimless crime more people hear about it. Like most things that people hear about, the knowledge of its happening gets the gears turning. "The park police is caging people for victimless crimes instead of using those resources to pursue violent offenders... especially rapists."

I, for one, am grateful that a man like Adam is willing to put it all (shit happens in prison) on the line for everyone else. This isn't even so much about smoking fatties in public as it is a challenge to a society that condones the caging of people for what can only be called a 'non crime'.

Should getting a tattoo be a crime? No, of course not, to think such would be absurd. Same applies to other victimless behaviors.

I would imagine that Adam's audience is already against jailing people for victimless crimes.

noneedtoaggress
06-08-2013, 05:46 PM
I would imagine that Adam's audience is already against jailing people for victimless crimes.

Hence he has a "big ass microphone and ... more people hear about it" in terms of support from his (core) audience promoting it. If the purpose of civil disobedience was to preach to the choir then it wouldn't ever change anything.

The purpose is to erode support for oppression through clearly exposing it for what it is in a very public way and for those on the sidelines. Of course there will be people who have a reactionary response and deride the "troublemakers" because they are too uncomfortable with rocking the boat out of fear.

Well, because most people that are caged for victimless crimes lack an audience, that is to say their kidnapping is insulated to their friends and family. Adam, metaphorically speaking, has a big ass microphone and when he is caged for a victimless crime more people hear about it. Like most things that people hear about, the knowledge of its happening gets the gears turning.

speciallyblend
06-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Adam vs the Man, Adam will Win in the End. The gov exposes themselves every time they arrest someone for marijuana. Everytime they arrest someone we come a day closer to full legalization. Individual Liberty. All the monday morning quarterbacks need to be active in their own way or stay at home commenting about adam kokesh negatively.

Adam see you this winter,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcXLyW7h5Zk<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcXLyW7h5Zk">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcXLyW7h5Zk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcXLyW7h5Zk)

disclaimer, this video is really loaded with hidden messages. top secret ,shhhhh

cajuncocoa
06-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Ever hear of Rosa Parks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks)?

noneedtoaggress
06-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Footage of the arrest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0idhFmSRD8&feature=youtu.be

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-08-2013, 08:22 PM

He fits directly into the "pothead" stereotype. He's been giving more of a shit about pot than something infinitely more important.

phill4paul
06-08-2013, 08:27 PM

Damned if he does..damned if he doesn't. I wish those that criticize would spend their time posting protesting.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Damned if he does..damned if he doesn't. I wish those that criticize would spend their time posting protesting.

damned if he doesn't? Pot is a superficial issue like gay marriage, it has no effect on where the country is going. We need to tackle the big issues first.

phill4paul
06-08-2013, 08:37 PM
damned if he doesn't? Pot is a superficial issue like gay marriage, it has no effect on where the country is going. We need to tackle the big issues first.

Feel free to take his place in the liberty movement. You, obviously, have it all figured out.

kcchiefs6465
06-08-2013, 08:44 PM
The war on drugs is a very big issue. Comparing it to gay marriage is idiotic. It has an effect on where this country is going. Unwarranted searches, no knock raids, asset forfeiture, privatized prison slave labor, APCs, militarized police down one road. Freedom down the other.

In case you didn't know, the war on drugs is the reason you have no more Fourth Amendment to speak of.

ClydeCoulter
06-08-2013, 08:45 PM
He fits directly into the "pothead" stereotype. He's been giving more of a shit about pot than something infinitely more important.

Are you kidding me? How many people are in prison because of a fucking leaf, a god damn leaf? Go outside, find some real soil with life growing in it, pick a blade of grass or a leaf from a broadleaf plant and hold it in your hand, and say to yourself, "The government could arrest me for this, if they chose to make this illegal" and see if that makes any impression on you.
Yeah, the 2nd Amendment is important, and I and a lot of others are currently implementing it to the current degree. But there are people in prison for what?

JK/SEA
06-08-2013, 08:46 PM

Marijuana is not a superficial issue. Please re-think your comment.

aGameOfThrones
06-08-2013, 08:50 PM

How much jail time will he get for "Pot" and how much will he get for gay marriage?

JK/SEA
06-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Adam Kokesh has my support.

ClydeCoulter
06-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Okay, I'm spreading this. He's done his part, twice now that I know of. The media won't give it the time of day (at least not with any light). So, it's up to us to help spread this and show how stupid and cruel it is, for those in prison now and in the future, to be charged as a criminal for an innocent act.

noneedtoaggress
06-08-2013, 09:06 PM

It's trivial to you, and you don't seem to appreciate how utterly drastically the War on Drugs has affected the US.

The drug war has affected millions of people and that's why there are massive efforts for reform all over the nation. The drug war is a huge issue right now and tides are beginning to turn and dominoes are starting to fall. It's been the basis for police militarization, erosion of rights, and made us the prison capital of the world. It's prohibition has resulted in massive violence and exorbitant bills at the expense of taxpayers. It's been unfathomably costly in terms of lives, money, and liberty.

Do you think it's a trivial issue to medical patients whose lives have been vastly improved with this substance?

Think about how this all comes down to right to control what you put in your own body. Give it a couple minutes to think about how "superficial" that is. Not a big issue? How meaningful is a right to self-defense when you've lost the liberty to control what you put in your own body?

PatriotOne
06-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Maybe Kokesh spent all that $ he got donated to him for his last arrest and needs some more cash from his supporters?

I'm sure the chip-in link will soon be posted.

ClydeCoulter
06-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Okay, after watching this I kind of support his point of view concerning what happened in the last arrest vs the DC Armed March.
It's still somewhat disappointing for some, I understand, but toward the end of this video he explains why he changed his mind.
I'm still not really supportive of ending the Constitution at this time, I don't think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=Z7C1941llZk

noneedtoaggress
06-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Maybe Kokesh spent all that $ he got donated to him for his last arrest and needs some more cash from his supporters?

I'm sure the chip-in link will soon be posted.

Only idiots would chip in to the defense of someone who is so obviously a COINTELPRO Marxist-Alienarchrist Communist Shapeshifter who is really just diverting their money to Genetically Engineering Fallen Angels for the Obama Administration.

Get the word out so the fools won't spend their money in ways we don't approve of.

Tod
06-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Via FedBook: Brian Seidel: NJ Weedman posted a vid of just after it happened. Sounds like they grabbed Adam for having a joint. Weedman seemed to think it was someone else who actually had it in their hand. Sounded like they picked him out of the crowd again.

You can see at five seconds in that Adam was holding a joint and a moment later you can see the smoke as he exhaled....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=wpZ_b43YN1E#!

But yes, they did single him out.

talkingpointes
06-08-2013, 09:35 PM
You mean to tell me that people shouldn't cheer the government forcefully encaging a fellow man for peacefully protesting and/or smoking plant matter?

Strange.

I'd wish that some people here would spent a night or two in a cage before reveling in the fact of someone they disagree with doing so.

He was in a cage for like a decade I think. Some people here need to just wake up again. Because Rand is making some fall back asleep. Hell they think Adam is against, you must not watch his videos.

talkingpointes
06-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Wow Adam has brought untold hundreds into the fold. Probably more activist too than Rand. Because some people like to act and some like to do.

How many naysayers here can get hundreds of people to show up for what could possibly be a major trap ? (Edit: on the dc lawn)

I would guess none, but then I would also guess that is part of the jealousy. Adam might not be doing the right thing, but he's doing something.

Ron Paul fans cheering on the police arresting someone who has practically an identical vision and out the other side of their mouth asking others to tame themselves and take a ride in the backseat while people politically integrate us.

If you have actualy criticism -- say it. But don't cheer someone getting arrested. It makes you sound like a bitter loser who is doing nothing with thier life so you have enough time to tear down those that are because you disagree with their methods.

noneedtoaggress
06-08-2013, 09:47 PM
You can see at five seconds in that Adam was holding a joint and a moment later you can see the smoke as he exhaled....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wpZ_b43YN1E#!

Yep seems like he was smoking something, not unlikely marijuana, but can't be 100% it wasn't tobacco or something else at this point. Would have been an interesting move to see if they would target while smoking a rolled cigarette or herbs instead of weed.

He did state "I have (had?) no marijuana on me whatsoever" and just beforehand someone says "he wasn't even smoking pot!" (implying either knew it was something else or may not have seen him smoking)

PatriotOne
06-08-2013, 10:20 PM
How many naysayers here can get hundreds of people to show up for what could possibly be a major trap ?

I could put a keg in my backyard and a flyer up in my neighborhood tomorrow and get hundreds of moron kids to show up also.

Tod
06-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Yep seems like he was smoking something, not unlikely marijuana, but can't be 100% it wasn't tobacco or something else at this point. Would have been an interesting move to see if they would target while smoking a rolled cigarette or herbs instead of weed.

He did state "I have (had?) no marijuana on me whatsoever" and just beforehand someone says "he wasn't even smoking pot!" (implying either knew it was something else or may not have seen him smoking)

true, but why toss it and risk littering charges?

talkingpointes
06-08-2013, 10:29 PM
I could put a keg in my backyard and a flyer up in my neighborhood tomorrow and get hundreds of moron kids to show up also.

On the DC Lawn not in your backyard? Then do it. Don't just sit on your ass.

Keyboardpatriot

ClydeCoulter
06-08-2013, 10:29 PM

All knowing that the cops WILL be there?

RickyJ
06-08-2013, 10:36 PM

Right, I think he got caught and he knew it, that is why he started backing away. It should not be against the law to eat or smoke marijuana, but it is. The people chanting "no victim, no crime" are right. No one but possibly the consumer of marijuana is hurt by it, unless of course they blow smoke in someone's face. Adam is being singled out for this based on him being a leader at these events and promoting the marches for gun rights around the nation. He knew they were after him and still went to this protest knowing they were looking for any excuse to arrest him. Unfortunately he gave them an excuse to arrest him. These charges won't be dropped unless he can prove he was not smoking marijuana, I hope he can, but I kind of doubt it.

PatriotOne
06-08-2013, 10:37 PM
If I put out a keg on the DC lawn then the same morons that are attracted to Kokesh would show up. I don't see a bunch of geniuses at these rallies....lol.

PatriotOne
06-08-2013, 10:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wpZ_b43YN1E#!

Guess Kokesh isn't so fearless after all. Tries to ditch the evidence.

PatriotOne
06-08-2013, 10:47 PM
I had a sneaky suspicion Adam was just pretending to smoke pot. Very brave of him eh? Encourages his moron followers to smoke pot while he smokes tobacco rolled to look like a joint :rolleyes:.

Gary Kraiss, Jr. ‏@GaryKraissJr 1h
Just because a joint looks like a cigarette does not make it a crime. @AdamKokesh getting some tobac. pic.twitter.com/vFGqGpIKm1

Adam Kokesh ‏@adamkokesh 1h
Thanks so much! It was a quick cite & release! I'm free, & they were unusually nice & expedient. RT @mnjreeve: "202 ..."

noneedtoaggress
06-08-2013, 10:57 PM

I don't know. He could have wanted them to think it was pot and arrest him, it wasn't even clear if it was Kokesh who dropped it.

That being said, I think it's pretty likely it was pot, which I mentioned earlier. I was just pointing that out, because I've seen people talk about rolling up cigarettes at rallies like this and pass them out along with marijuana joints to make it more difficult for cops to discern whats legal or not, and there was some interesting comments being made as he was being arrested.

helmuth_hubener
06-08-2013, 11:00 PM
May the Lord be with you Adam. May you get out of jail quickly.

UWDude
06-08-2013, 11:03 PM

Quit acting like you have any friends to show up to any party you would throw.

Keith and stuff
06-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Congratulations! VT just decriminalized marijuana and recently passed medical marijuana. If you helped with those efforts, thank you. Either way, both new laws in VT go a long way to help legitimize Adam going to these pot legalization rallies.

I'm not a fan of Kokesh's style. He proposes crazy things like an armed march on DC, even though it is likely against federal law for him to even hold a gun. Yet, he keeps getting arrested for nonsense that makes him look good. I'm so conflicted. Oh, and I know 2 of his former interns and they both claimed that Adam ripped him off. I don't know what to beleive. All I know for certain is that the federal government is likely wrong.

TER
06-08-2013, 11:07 PM
If it turns out that he was smoking a self-rolled cloves cigarette and ends us getting released with no charge other then littering, I will laugh myself to sleep..

noneedtoaggress
06-08-2013, 11:12 PM
I had a sneaky suspicion Adam was just pretending to smoke pot.

lol of course you did. You have a sneaking suspicion that anything you think you could possibly use to try and make Adam look bad with is true.

He's a COINTELPRO Marxist-Anarchist who works for the Obama Administration after all. Lol.

TER
06-08-2013, 11:14 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOzzzzzzz

Occam's Banana
06-08-2013, 11:18 PM
He's a COINTELPRO Marxist-Anarchist who works for the Obama Administration after all. Lol.

I heard it was the Russians!! Or was it George Soros??

PatriotOne
06-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Oh, and I know 2 of his former interns and they both claimed that Adam ripped him off.

Oh? Do tell.

noneedtoaggress
06-08-2013, 11:20 PM
I heard it was the Russians!! Or was it George Soros??

It was he shape shifting alien eugenecists who are engineering an army of angel-human half breeds to pilot demonic UFOs and install the global communist dictatorship of the Antichrist Obama.

talkingpointes
06-08-2013, 11:22 PM
It was he shape shifting alien eugenecists who are engineering an army of angel-human half breeds to pilot demonic UFOs and install the global communist dictatorship of the Antichrist Obama.

MY god man ! It's worse then we thought. You didn't add his dad was banker for the full-hater effect.

noneedtoaggress
06-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Oh? Do tell.

I heard his toenails can get pretty long before he cuts them and he forgets to put the toilet seat down when he visits a females residence, omgbutdonttellanyoneklol!

LibertyEagle
06-08-2013, 11:25 PM
I don't know about Adam, but do you realize that some of you are sounding a lot like those who respond to us when we have questioned the veracity of Hannity, Beck or O'Reilly?

PatriotOne
06-08-2013, 11:27 PM
I heard his toenails can get pretty long before he cuts them and he forgets to put the toilet seat down when he visits a females residence, omgbutdonttellanyoneklol!

What's that got to do with this?

"Oh, and I know 2 of his former interns and they both claimed that Adam ripped him off."

noneedtoaggress
06-08-2013, 11:27 PM
MY god man ! It's worse then we thought. You didn't add his dad was banker for the full-hater effect.

Oh yeah, his dad is like Satan's personal savings account manager.

Keith and stuff
06-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Oh? Do tell.

1 of the interns went public with it. The other intern, I don't think she spread the news to the world so I won't give any details. Anyway, according to Derrick, Adam said Derrick would make a lot more money as an intern, than he did. Adam tried to sound all cool, like he was helping Derrick. Anyway, I don't know who was right but I know Derrick a lot better than I know Adam. After the 2nd intern I knew well complained about Adam, I'm inclined to beleive the interns.

http://livefreeordance.com/adam-kokesh-commits-fraud/
http://ladiesinkeene.com/adam-kokesh-vs-derrick-j-freeman/

speciallyblend
06-08-2013, 11:29 PM

It has never been about pot. It has always been about Individual Liberty!!! No law has ever stopped someone from using something safer then aspirin.

speciallyblend
06-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Guess Kokesh isn't so fearless after all. Tries to ditch the evidence.

you are the official rpf douche!

noneedtoaggress
06-08-2013, 11:32 PM
What's that got to do with this?

"Oh, and I know 2 of his former interns and they both claimed that Adam ripped him off."

Go do your own research, you're trying to use a rumor mill to fuel your obsession with denigrating him in any way possible. This stuff has already been publically addressed.

PatriotOne
06-08-2013, 11:36 PM
1 of the interns went public with it. The other intern, I don't think she spread the news to the world so I won't give any details. Anyway, according to Derrick, Adam said Derrick would make a lot more money as an intern, than he did. Adam tried to sound all cool, like he was helping Derrick. Anyway, I don't know who was right but I know Derrick a lot better than I know Adam. After the 2nd intern I knew well complained about Adam, I'm inclined to beleive the interns.

http://livefreeordance.com/adam-kokesh-commits-fraud/
http://ladiesinkeene.com/adam-kokesh-vs-derrick-j-freeman/

Thanks. Sounds like Adam likes to pay about $3.00 an hour for his "interns".

noneedtoaggress
06-08-2013, 11:38 PM
I don't know about Adam, but do you realize that some of you are sounding a lot like those who respond to us when we have questioned the veracity of Hannity, Beck or O'Reilly?

Most people who counter Hannity, etc, and do it right do it with the logical arguments and facts, not the nonsensical opinions of YouTube channels that discuss UFO Demons and plans to Genetically Engineer Angel-Human Halfbreeds, and logical leaps to asinine COINTELPRO plots stemming directly from Obama Aministration in an obvious effort to demonize them in any way they possibly can.

Hannity, etc demonize themselves enough without having to resort to nonsense-as-evidence.

noneedtoaggress
06-08-2013, 11:41 PM

Wow, look at all the research you did before forming your opinion, no point in going any further than what will support your biases!

PatriotOne
06-08-2013, 11:47 PM

I dunno....I doubt that I could ever be as douchy as this even if I tried really, really, really, hard.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2yvkzvd.jpg

noneedtoaggress
06-08-2013, 11:48 PM
Both Adam and Derrick have commented on that situation. Derrick isn't the only or the definitive side, kokesh has been very open about his own perspective and comments on the matter, and whether you form opinions about either one of them based on the public fallout of that situation, Derrick is still supporting Kokesh. He was proactively helping Adam when he was arrested last time.

Keith and stuff
06-09-2013, 12:00 AM
It might have been even less than that if you consider that people had to pay to travel to and from Adam's, their own food, health insurance, maybe a place back home and so on. Anyway, I don't think Adam is a bad person. I don't personally associate myself with him or anything he does, though.

Though, Adam does post here. I give him credit for that!

noneedtoaggress
06-09-2013, 12:03 AM

Lol the post directly afterward is pretty funny.

"HE DITCHED THE EVIDENCE! WHAT A LITTLE BITCH!!!"

"I KNEW IT WASN'T REAL POT! WHAT A LITTLE BITCH!!!"

PatriotOne
06-09-2013, 12:11 AM
I don't personally associate myself with him or anything he does, though.

I've made no secret of what I think of Kokesh and think you've made a really good decision to stay away from him.

PatriotOne
06-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Lol the post directly afterward is pretty funny.

"HE DITCHED THE EVIDENCE! WHAT A LITTLE BITCH!!!"

"I KNEW IT WASN'T REAL POT! WHAT A LITTLE BITCH!!!"

Mind if I ask how old you are?

bolil
06-09-2013, 12:29 AM

Isn't everyone? Anyone ride naked tonight?

noneedtoaggress
06-09-2013, 12:43 AM
It might have been even less than that if you consider that people had to pay to travel to and from Adam's, their own food, health insurance, maybe a place back home and so on. Anyway, I don't think Adam is a bad person. I don't personally associate myself with him or anything he does, though.

It may have been simply paying for rent for some people. It's a voluntary internship program at an independant media, not a salary job at CNN, or even a job at Walmart for that matter. That's not to say he shouldn't strive to pay those who work for him to the best of his ability.

Here's a recent interview with a prospective intern who decided not to get on board out of his own concerns. Adam gives his perspective on Derrick, his internship program, and other interns he's had on. The interviewer voices his concerns to Adam, and you can see how he sees those concerns from his perspective. It starts about an hour in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnPQCFLaAs8

noneedtoaggress
06-09-2013, 12:49 AM
Mind if I ask how old you are?

You're free to ask all you want but I don't feel I have any reason to justify myself to you or participate in what I see as attempts to discredit me by asking me for facts that bear no relevance to my credibility in the first place, and especially to someone who has so well demonstrated that they prefer to selectively seek out information they can use to work into distorted denigrations against people they don't like, regardless of how unrepresentative of the truth it is.

speciallyblend
06-09-2013, 01:23 AM

interns hmm nothing stopping them from leaving. Intern= sucker anyway! I put mexican workers in front of home depot above interns on the working list.

I have never been paid for my activism. Sounds like interns with big unrealistic dreams! interns remind me of folks who fall for nigerian email scams. What intern has ever thought they would make alot of money or any money as an intern? laughable!

On a serious note interns know exactly what they are in for before they start. If they do not like something. There is nothing stopping them from leaving since it is only an intern position! Does he threaten his interns or use the 2nd amendment to force them to work as an intern? i think not.

XTreat
06-09-2013, 03:42 AM
I know this damn much, if MLK back in the 60's decided "aw screw this million man march crap, that's canceled, im 'a go protest the vietnam war by dancing nakkie in a forest drum circle" or something comparable, I'd think it'd be stupid and a waste of his social pull.

How many times was MLK arrested before his million man march? And what was he arrested for?

LibertyEagle
06-09-2013, 04:36 AM
interns hmm nothing stopping them from leaving. Intern= sucker anyway! I put mexican workers in front of home depot above interns on the working list.

I have never been paid for my activism. Sounds like interns with big unrealistic dreams! interns remind me of folks who fall for nigerian email scams. What intern has ever thought they would make alot of money or any money as an intern? laughable!

On a serious note interns know exactly what they are in for before they start. If they do not like something. There is nothing stopping them from leaving since it is only an intern position! Does he threaten his interns or use the 2nd amendment to force them to work as an intern? i think not.

If there is a contract, verbal or written, that someone will be paid a certain amount, it should be lived up to. It doesn't really matter what you think of interns.

speciallyblend
06-09-2013, 06:46 AM
If there is a contract, verbal or written, that someone will be paid a certain amount, it should be lived up to. It doesn't really matter what you think of interns.

if there was a contract. Then they knew exactly what they were in for. If adam violated a contract? Then they have a case but i doubt they have a case since all i hear is rumors and BS!! interns are exactly that interns! Usually interns work for exp and a lil money but they all know exactly what to expect as an intern! I call bs on the interns in this case! They should stfu and go to court if they have a case!

Majority of folks attacking Adam kokesh are either jealous or "THINK they can do it better" as they type on the internets!!

newbitech
06-09-2013, 08:29 AM
lol @ sunday morning quarterbacking of adam kokesh.

brushfire
06-09-2013, 08:33 AM
So Adam makes it a habit now to carry in substance into situations where he stands a good chance of being arrested?

Tod
06-09-2013, 09:20 AM
I count at least four MLK arrests in this timeline, one for sitting at a lunch counter waiting to be served.

http://www.lib.lsu.edu/hum/mlk/srs216.html

JK/SEA
06-09-2013, 11:36 AM

she's a butt hurt female who was rejected by Adam.

osan
06-09-2013, 11:37 AM

^^^THIS^^^

JK/SEA
06-09-2013, 11:44 AM
^^^NOT THIS^^^

FIFY

Lucille
06-09-2013, 12:51 PM
via twitter: https://twitter.com/GaryKraissJr/status/343568547550732290

Just because a joint looks like a cigarette does not make it a crime. @AdamKokesh getting some tobac.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMSZxhECIAEUQxa.jpg

Lucille
06-09-2013, 12:56 PM
‏@adamkokesh (https://twitter.com/adamkokesh/status/343508028118691841) 19h They can't hold me! But it's soooooo easy to make them look silly! (Just released from police custody.)

@adamkokesh (https://twitter.com/adamkokesh/status/343566097527750656) Thanks so much! It was a quick cite & release! I'm free, & they were unusually nice & expedient. RT @mnjreeve: "202 ..." @YourAnonNews

noneedtoaggress
06-09-2013, 01:54 PM

Wtf? Did you read the post he was responding to? It had to do with people's expectations for interning, not skimping out on contractual obligations. speciallyblend gave an opinion about something when it was a completely relevant response, and you decided to respond to him with an irrelevant castigation about fulfilling contractual obligations, scolding him over a topic he wasn't commenting on, and proceeded to degrade his worth for even holding an opinion about the topic he was actually responding to.

Wtf??

Murray N Rothbard
06-09-2013, 02:30 PM

Crazy like a fox maybe. His armed march announcement got him national media exposure. If one of the sheep decide to wiki him, click the an-cap wiki article, and end up reading mises.org books I don't think it really matters what happened with the march.

Sola_Fide
06-09-2013, 03:01 PM

Actually Adam has been generally supportive of Rand lately. Even more than me, which is strange.

Working Poor
06-09-2013, 03:02 PM
MLK did so much for civil rights. Unfortunately he did not live to seem the results.

Oh! Btw I read somewhere that Adam got out of jail a few hours after he was arrested. I don't have the link.

Lucille
06-09-2013, 03:54 PM
I believe this is a new vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DkZCXRKIahY

noneedtoaggress
06-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Footage of the event and subsequent arrest. Dustin Kaufman(sp?) states that the joint they were smoking at the time of the arrest was "real", and he was the one that dropped it on the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkZCXRKIahY&feature=youtu.be

noneedtoaggress
06-09-2013, 03:56 PM
I believe this is a new vid:

lol, we need to stop doing that.

UWDude
06-09-2013, 04:15 PM
That was pretty damn good.

osan
06-09-2013, 07:13 PM

Sorry D00d, but I have to agree with Victor on this one, who wasn't dictating which issue to support, but pointing out that yanking the chains of thousands of people all across the nation is uncool, not to mention not very smart. He got a big response and then walked away. If that doesn't get you asking questions about what Kokesh is about then I don't know what might.

If he wants to do the pot thing, fine. He can even do both, but his handling of the march deal was very poor and I bet he has torpedoed himself in the eyes of a whole load of people. Given the attention he had managed to gather to himself, I would have to agree that he has squandered an immense opportunity. Shoot, the potential to make a boat load of cash doing what he presumably loves was huge. Talk shows, speaking tours, and so on. Would that I had such an opportunity, that thousands of people would listen to what I say and respond when I called them to arms, literally. I sure as the devil would not have done what he did.

UWDude
06-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Sorry D00d, but I have to agree with Victor on this one, who wasn't dictating which issue to support, but pointing out that yanking the chains of thousands of people all across the nation is uncool, not to mention not very smart. He got a big response and then walked away. If that doesn't get you asking questions about what Kokesh is about then I don't know what might.

If he wants to do the pot thing, fine. He can even do both, but his handling of the march deal was very poor and I bet he has torpedoed himself in the eyes of a whole load of people. Given the attention he had managed to gather to himself, I would have to agree that he has squandered an immense opportunity. Shoot, the potential to make a boat load of cash doing what he presumably loves was huge. Talk shows, speaking tours, and so on. Would that I had such an opportunity, that thousands of people would listen to what I say and respond when I called them to arms, literally. I sure as the devil would not have done what he did.

The people who were going to march don't need Kokesh.

...Or do they?

Anybody else of those who signed up want to take his lead?
If no, sit down and shut the fuck up.

If you never signed in the first place, the whole march has nothing to do with you, so again

sit down and shut the fuck up.

kcchiefs6465
06-09-2013, 08:01 PM

What was it.. 5-10 years federal time?

People start thinking differently with that.

I do see your point though. I just don't say I could think of many people willing to step up to that slot and be the poster child for 'corrections.' Word being your word, I am a little disappointed myself. I would have gone unarmed if I was closer, but no way in hell I'm going to take that sentence for publicity about the issue. That's just being honest with myself. People can say they'd do this or that, at the end of the day that's all it is. I'm not particularly surprised by his decision.

noneedtoaggress
06-09-2013, 08:20 PM
I sure as the devil would not have done what he did.

I won't disagree with the opinion that the march situation could have been handled better. In Kokesh's mind he wasn't backing down so much as he was taking things to the next level. We don't have access to his email or any other method he uses to gauge support, or his thought process behind what he does. He also sure does plenty of things I consider a mistake and approaches things in ways I disagree with, but it is what it is. Take it or leave it. If you think you can do things better, go for it. If you think you're going to handle things better then I'm sure you can out-compete him in the marketplace. We don't know what the effect of changing strategies could ultimately be, and we don't know what the effect of attempting to go through the march would have had in the first place. He was always going to do "the pot thing" regardless of the march, they're not mutually exclusive and they're both issues he's passionate about.

That being said that's a very easy thing for you to say when you're not in his position. On the bright side all those riches and all that fame is up for you to grab now.

idiom
06-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Ever hear of Rosa Parks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks)?

Ever hear of the Montgomery Bus Boycott (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montgomery_Bus_Boycott)?

Getting arrested doesn't do jack unless you either have *massive* outraged media exposure, or enough people getting arrested that you fill the jails.

Otherwise you need economic warfare to get things done.

noneedtoaggress
06-09-2013, 09:18 PM
If by "doing jack" you mean immediately achieving an end-goal, then of course it's not going to accomplish that.

Openly committing disobedience, including paying the price for it, has as much to do with drumming up support for your cause as it does making institutions blatantly ineffective at preventing dissent.

No social change happens without reaching a critical mass of support no matter how you look at it.

bolil
06-10-2013, 01:12 AM
Adam Kokesh: The honey badger of liberty.

I look forward to meeting the man and elevating in common.

Aratus
06-10-2013, 05:20 AM
i'm going to bump my thread.

speciallyblend
06-10-2013, 06:05 AM
Adam Kokesh: The honey badger of liberty.

I look forward to meeting the man and elevating in common.

I think Adam kokesh should make a sex blow up doll of himself so all the anti adam kokesh folks can masturbate to their dislike of adam or fuck him like they want to.

osan
06-10-2013, 01:07 PM
The people who were going to march don't need Kokesh.

...Or do they?

Anybody else of those who signed up want to take his lead?
If no, sit down and shut the fuck up.

If you never signed in the first place, the whole march has nothing to do with you, so again

sit down and shut the fuck up.

Isn't this a bit strident? Been there, done that, so aside from this what does it have to do with Kokesh's behavior? That is all that has been questioned here and it has been done with good cause. At the very least he would be well advised to explain himself. Does he owe explanations? No, but if he fails to give one then he has no basis to complain if the world turns its back to him.

But I take your point well about not needing Kokesh... and yet people DO need leaders - not per se, but because they think they need them. This is the nature of the mean man. He is a follower and in fact will give up his sovereignty to just about anyone who will stand before him and act as if he were authority itself. I have done this on client projects many times. I have walked into boardrooms, replete with CEO, whipped out the balls, laid them on the table and waited for anyone else to challenge me. Upon the ensuing silence I would get to work and get people busy to the tasks at hand. The first time I did it I was amazed that I'd managed to pull it off because I was still in my 20s. I never looked back and neither do the likes of Clinton, Bush, etc. They are in charge because they say they are and people listen and they do that because that is what they want. It is easier and it is comfortable. It is all that because it is familiar. It is all they know and all they want. The mean man is a simple creature and so long as you provide him with minimal comfort he will follow you through the gates of Hell itself, smiling and proud. This is why that crowd needs Kokesh, because they are unsure of themselves. They should not be, but they were trained to be that way. This is typical. It is average.

I thought the idea was pretty good, myself... not unlike similar notions I have had over the years. The difference here is that people listen(ed) to Kokesh and by that virtue he could have pulled this off. He had such an opportunity and frittered it away. I doubt he is an idiot and therefore he had to know that if he were undertake this march that he'd damned better keep a low profile between now and then. He is a god damned Marine for Jesus' sake - he is supposed to trained to self control. given that, he should have well known that his little pot fetish was going to have to wait until the significant event was past him. And that event needed some very serious planning - planning with which I'd offered help. No response - which is fine, but for heaven's sake don't just put 5 or 10 thousand armed strangers together and run them across a bridge into DC with no further thought. As many here pointed out, that is a train wreck just waiting to happen. Perhaps he was doing the sorts of planning necessary, but if so he did no good job of communicating to those who answered his call. Bad. Very bad.

noneedtoaggress
06-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Isn't this a bit strident? Been there, done that, so aside from this what does it have to do with Kokesh's behavior? That is all that has been questioned here and it has been done with good cause. At the very least he would be well advised to explain himself. Does he owe explanations? No, but if he fails to give one then he has no basis to complain if the world turns its back to him.

But I take your point well about not needing Kokesh... and yet people DO need leaders - not per se, but because they think they need them. This is the nature of the mean man. He is a follower and in fact will give up his sovereignty to just about anyone who will stand before him and act as if he were authority itself. I have done this on client projects many times. I have walked into boardrooms, replete with CEO, whipped out the balls, laid them on the table and waited for anyone else to challenge me. Upon the ensuing silence I would get to work and get people busy to the tasks at hand. The first time I did it I was amazed that I'd managed to pull it off because I was still in my 20s. I never looked back and neither do the likes of Clinton, Bush, etc. They are in charge because they say they are and people listen and they do that because that is what they want. It is easier and it is comfortable. It is all that because it is familiar. It is all they know and all they want. The mean man is a simple creature and so long as you provide him with minimal comfort he will follow you through the gates of Hell itself, smiling and proud. This is why that crowd needs Kokesh, because they are unsure of themselves. They should not be, but they were trained to be that way. This is typical. It is average.

I thought the idea was pretty good, myself... not unlike similar notions I have had over the years. The difference here is that people listen(ed) to Kokesh and by that virtue he could have pulled this off. He had such an opportunity and frittered it away. I doubt he is an idiot and therefore he had to know that if he were undertake this march that he'd damned better keep a low profile between now and then. He is a god damned Marine for Jesus' sake - he is supposed to trained to self control. given that, he should have well known that his little pot fetish was going to have to wait until the significant event was past him. And that event needed some very serious planning - planning with which I'd offered help. No response - which is fine, but for heaven's sake don't just put 5 or 10 thousand armed strangers together and run them across a bridge into DC with no further thought. As many here pointed out, that is a train wreck just waiting to happen. Perhaps he was doing the sorts of planning necessary, but if so he did no good job of communicating to those who answered his call. Bad. Very bad.

Well that was certainly an interesting rant about how highly you see yourself and how critical of everyone else you are.
"Little pot fetish"? Seriously?

Why the hell are you typing this bio out now when you could just whip out your fat balls on America's table, take charge, and lead us all to the promised land? Obviously you have the experience and the strategic know-how to pull it off. Everyone will thank you and you'll make a fortune giving speaking tours and consulting for the movie about your heroic, infallible leadership.

We bow to you osan: Lead us. Lead us! O' charismatic and brilliant one.

UWDude
06-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Isn't this a bit strident?

Yes, it is also curt, but the point was made. A bunch of people castiugating a leader who either are a) too pussy to step up and take leadership or b) are just criticizing, and never really cared anyway.

Both of which are useless, and both of which are nothing but another grain of sand on the beach.

06-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Every time he pulls a stunt like this he alienates more people here.

Just about everyone here agrees that marijuana and carrying a firearm should be legal, but less and less seem to think grandstanding is the way to accomplish that.

UWDude
06-10-2013, 03:15 PM

You wish.

osan
06-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Well that was certainly an interesting rant about how highly you see yourself and how critical of everyone else you are.
"Little pot fetish"? Seriously?

Why the hell are you typing this bio out now when you could just whip out your fat balls on America's table, take charge, and lead us all to the promised land? Obviously you have the experience and the strategic know-how to pull it off. Everyone will thank you and you'll make a fortune giving speaking tours and consulting for the movie about your heroic, infallible leadership.

We bow to you osan: Lead us. Lead us! O' charismatic and brilliant one.

Is this all you've got? Really? Cheap sarcasm that bespeaks the fact that you failed to grasp the meaning of my words for whatever reason?

Just to be plain, I was not aggrandizing myself. I was pointing out by example how things work between people. If one assumes an air of authority he tends to obtain the resultant effect. I used my own example precisely because it was so ridiculous. The simple fact that I had the nerve to stand up and take charge of projects running in the hundreds of millions of client dollars and that by so acting the authority was handed to me without question should tell you something not about ME but about people in general. I am sorry you missed that.

Why my post precipitated a reaction equal to that which I would have expected had I jumped up on your kitchen table and pissed in your cornflakes during breakfast escapes me.

osan
06-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Yes, it is also curt, but the point was made. A bunch of people castiugating a leader who either are a) too pussy to step up and take leadership or b) are just criticizing, and never really cared anyway.

Both of which are useless, and both of which are nothing but another grain of sand on the beach.

Is it your position that Kokesh's behavior bears no critical examination?

osan
06-10-2013, 10:36 PM

Just about everyone here agrees that marijuana and carrying a firearm should be legal, but less and less seem to think grandstanding is the way to accomplish that.

Well stated. I don't even care about the grandstanding bit so long as you back it up with real punch. Acting like a flake does nothing for one's credibility or that of whatever cause it is one may be advocating. The game is called "politics" and it is, far more than anything else, a game of perception. It matters not a whit how right you are, smart you are, or how badass you are. What matters is how right, smart, and badass the mob thinks you are. Jesus himself could come down from a cloud and tap dance across lake Huron and it would mean nothing if people did not perceive the event as anything worthy of note and esteem. Short of throwing lighting bolts from his eyes, the only means of getting anyone on "his side" is through perception. If people think you're badass, you're as good as that no matter what the more fundamental truth might be.

noneedtoaggress
06-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Is this all you've got? Really? Cheap sarcasm that bespeaks the fact that you failed to grasp the meaning of my words for whatever reason?

I've already previously addressed the points you've made in this post

Just to be plain, I was not aggrandizing myself. I was pointing out by example how things work between people. If one assumes an air of authority he tends to obtain the resultant effect. I used my own example precisely because it was so ridiculous. The simple fact that I had the nerve to stand up and take charge of projects running in the hundreds of millions of client dollars and that by so acting the authority was handed to me without question should tell you something not about ME but about people in general. I am sorry you missed that.

Great. So why are you typing here instead of assuming an air of authority and getting the resultant effects you'd like to see achieved? You already made assertions about how you'd masterfully become rich and famous if it was done your way so go get your resultant effects Mr. Authority Itself. I didn't miss anything I didn't already address, and I've already mentioned that I was critical of Kokesh's handling of the situation myself. I also found your post utterly myopic and self-righteous.

What's being missed here isn't your point. Try reading your post from someone else's perspective, and consider what it displays about your own subjective perception of "how things work between people" and how you perceive your relationship to them. I'm not sure that you recognize that calling your experience "ridiculous" doesn't actually make you seem any less self-aggrandizing. It actually re-enforces it. Your post says far more about you and your mindset than it actually reflects on anyone else, whether you realize it or not.

Why my post precipitated a reaction equal to that which I would have expected had I jumped up on your kitchen table and pissed in your cornflakes during breakfast escapes me.

Maybe you should take into consideration that it's possibly not the only thing that may have escaped you. I'm sorry you missed that.

UWDude
06-10-2013, 11:28 PM
Is it your position that Kokesh's behavior bears no critical examination?

Not from just another keyboard critic, a million of you, and you all are the great generals, in your own mind, you dream of glory, but never want to fight, you want other people to fight... ..and you want them to do it your way and for your goals. If anyone strays just a bit from the tactics or goals you imagined, you become a critic, and bring down the hammer of judgement... ...as if you were ever on a pedestal high enough to swing it down anyway.

Either put up or shut up. You got the answers? Do you? You can do better? Can you? I know you talk a big game, big guy, oh great leader and one we should adore, but can you actually do it?

CPUd
06-11-2013, 03:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmSeWqmlqYs