PDA

View Full Version : Evacuated Tube Transport - Space Travel On Earth

Jim Casey
06-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Space travel on Earth is a really catchy slogan. I think this could really be the next big thing in transportation.
http://www.et3.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92dK_yxaKvk
A lot of articles coming out recently about ET3 as well.
http://news.msn.com/rumors/rumor-high-speed-tube-travel-concept-in-the-works

"Henry Ford had to build a bunch of factories to get through every phase of making his automobiles," Oster said. "Now, all the capacity exists all over the world to build the ET3."
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/futuristic-high-speed-tube-travel-could-york-los-171007828.html?

The tubes would be set up like freeways to prevent crowding and traffic congestion problems. Plus, ET3 claims that passengers need not worry about feeling discomfort while traveling at such high speeds.

enhanced_deficit
06-08-2013, 01:08 PM
This looks very interesting. There will be no gravity pull in the airless tubes and once pushed a vehicle can keep rolling with tiny energy?

In free time, I have fantacized about building a reagional transport system by leveraging gravity and without use of fuels by building a slightly inclined rail/cable car paths between major cities, once you push it keeps going. But that may have practical hurdles or it would have been built by now.

My other childhood theory used to be to drill a barrel hole between two ends of earth and push a tube through it to cut distance, but 6400km earth radius and hot materials down below would be probably some of the many other hurdles. Possibility of running into Gog & Magog and weakening of Earth core through such major drilling were other complications that dampened my enthusiasm.

Kords21
06-08-2013, 01:13 PM
What an interesting concept. I would love to see something like this made into reality. Unfortunately, all the the money interests of the world mainly big oil and the military industrial complex will make this as difficult as possible to implement.

puppetmaster
06-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Imagine a collision at 4k mph. Or like all other computer controlled systems, a break down I a tube would lock you in for a extended period......hot closed in.....no windows

helmuth_hubener
06-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Humanity's capital stores have been depleted by a century of American war. No one has enough capital for such a project, in my estimation. Plus, the State believes it should control all things transportation. Build this as a private venture? Not going to be allowed. Somehow do it anyway? See how long before Big Bubba confiscates it. Ask the turn-pike owners.

Jim Casey
06-08-2013, 01:29 PM
What an interesting concept. I would love to see something like this made into reality. Unfortunately, all the the money interests of the world mainly big oil and the military industrial complex will make this as difficult as possible to implement.
If oil and troops can be transported and dispatched more rapidly at and lower cost, even those groups stand to benefit. ET3 seems pretty win-win. Also the big banks could benefit from all the jobs created to build ET3s and folks buying property in new locations previously unavailable to them.

Czolgosz
06-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Enjoy your prostate exams.

puppetmaster
06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Two words...eminent domain .....but cool sounding name

enhanced_deficit
06-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Enjoy your prostate exams.

As long as people don't have take their shoes off to get on new fast things.

Last decade seems like a wasted decade in terms of pro humanity science and technology developments. Yes there are iphones and drones but that does little to elevate human happiness and welfare. Global wars must be ended immediately.

Carson
06-08-2013, 01:39 PM
I remember thinking on the concept of vacuum tube travel when I was a kid.

I think there are a lot of things that need to be over come. Maybe the biggest for me now is; why?

Henry Rogue
06-08-2013, 01:47 PM
No thanks, manipulation through redistribution is not the way to go. The space farce stole from many to benefit a few. If this thing is truly worth while, a free Market would produce it without theft. P.S. a vacuum does not remove gravity.

Jim Casey
06-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Global wars must be ended immediately.
ET3 could help usher in a new era of increased peacefulness. Consider how rapidly peace keeping forces can be dispatched to neutralize areas of threat.

I remember thinking on the concept of vacuum tube travel when I was a kid.

I think there are a lot of things that need to be over come. Maybe the biggest for me now is; why?
This chart lists the comparison of ET3 vs. Rail. Shows a lot of good reasons why.
http://www.et3.com/rail-vs-ett

No thanks, manipulation through redistribution is not the way to go. The space farce stole from many to benefit a few. If this thing is truly worth while, a free Market would produce it without theft. P.S. a vacuum does not remove gravity.
Generous compensation will be offered to land utilized for ET3, it's hardly theft.
http://www.et3.com/faq/what-about-all-red-tape-feds-and-state-goverments-also-dot

We are offering land owners (governments or private) 5% of revenue generated across the land if they grant a perpetual right of way (ROW). (NOTE; as with electric ROW, government has the power to take land for public use -- in that case the government would get the 5% -- plus the tax on any profits generated.

enhanced_deficit
06-08-2013, 01:58 PM
ET3 could help usher in a new era of increased peacefulness. Consider how rapidly peace keeping forces can be dispatched to neutralize areas of threat.

Currently NATO forces are facing major problems in retrieving all the hundreds of billions worth of heavy gear from landlocked Afghansitan that was transported there for "peace keeping".

Before a major paradigm shift in the "developed world" thinking, this looks not so promising.

Jim Casey
06-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Currently NATO forces are facing major problems in retrieving all the hundreds of billions worth of heavy gear from landlocked Afghansitan that was transported there for "peace keeping".

Before a major paradigm shift in the "developed world" thinking, this looks not so promising.
We won't really need to start thinking too much differently until we have an ET3 tube across the Bering Strait. Until then, we can continue with the status quo indefinitely in dealing with that part of the world that is west of Alaska, which means peace keeping missions will be expensive. However, the added expense will lead to increased demand to work more to pay off the bills for neutralizing global threats, and more jobs will emerge in the form of constructing a global ET3 infrastructure.

helmuth_hubener
06-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Just think how fast professional murderers and psychopaths from the United States can swoop down onto any scene and start murdering people? Whee! We can tighten the grip of our hegemony still further. What a peaceful world we will have then. Pax Americana. 5 million (or maybe 50 million as the practice expands) civilians killed each year, but no war! Everything quiet and orderly and under control. Sorry, Jim, but your trust in the US military confuses and sickens me. "Peacekeeper" is a lying term. We do not believe in lies.

Jim Casey
06-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Just think how fast professional murderers and psychopaths from the United States can swoop down onto any scene and start murdering people? Whee! We can tighten the grip of our hegemony still further. What a peaceful world we will have then. Pax Americana. 5 million (or maybe 50 million as the practice expands) civilians killed each year, but no war! Everything quiet and orderly and under control. Sorry, Jim, but your trust in the US military confuses and sickens me. "Peacekeeper" is a lying term. We do not believe in lies.
I trust that America's best days are yet to come. No need to believe in too much military power to keep the peace across the world. With Evacuated Tube Transport dispatch services, the job of policing the world can be done quicker and cheaper than doing things the old way. I have faith that less lethal peacekeeping will continue to be the trend. Imagine how quickly you can bring control and order to a hot spot threat without using lethal force if you dispatch a team armed with speech jammers. Disturbers of the peace will be reduced to grunting and gesturing to incite chaos.

helmuth_hubener
06-08-2013, 02:49 PM
News Flash: the United States military ought not to rule the world. That they do currently is obvious. They should cease to, for the horrors they have inflicted on the world are obvious, too. "Peacekeeping," "controlling hot spots," "ending chaos," these are all just lying propaganda terms which one could easily teach a first grader to see through. They're transparent.

America as policer of the world is not America at all. It's Mordor. And if you love the idea of an ever more powerful and technologically advanced Mordorica, then I hate everything you belive in.

Demigod
06-08-2013, 03:00 PM
I trust that America's best days are yet to come. No need to believe in too much military power to keep the peace across the world. With Evacuated Tube Transport dispatch services, the job of policing the world can be done quicker and cheaper than doing things the old way. I have faith that less lethal peacekeeping will continue to be the trend. Imagine how quickly you can bring control and order to a hot spot threat without using lethal force if you dispatch a team armed with speech jammers. Disturbers of the peace will be reduced to grunting and gesturing to incite chaos.

And where the hell do you get the impression that the world wants the USA to keep it at peace?

jkr
06-08-2013, 03:02 PM
better idea
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7391/8988663089_a8723a08c2.jpg

Jim Casey
06-08-2013, 03:17 PM
News Flash: the United States military ought not to rule the world. That they do currently is obvious. They should cease to, for the horrors they have inflicted on the world are obvious, too. "Peacekeeping," "controlling hot spots," "ending chaos," these are all just lying propaganda terms which one could easily teach a first grader to see through. They're transparent.

America as policer of the world is not America at all. It's Mordor. And if you love the idea of an ever more powerful and technologically advanced Mordorica, then I hate everything you belive in.
The United States Military cannot rule the world if it does not have the funding or resources to do so. Evacuated tube transportation can be the technology that gets America back on track with being the dominant force in the world. There is no need to hate those who work hard to install such a magnificent infrastructure for empire expansion.

And where the hell do you get the impression that the world wants the USA to keep it at peace?
Wherever there is conflict in the world, there is a demand for just resolution of conflict. To ignore such demands is detrimental since less qualified peace keepers may supply the demanded peace thus diminishing the profitability of our empire. Americans have the technology and resources to link up the world with evacuated tube transports, all that is lacking is the labor required to compensate land owners and construct the tubes. Much of the world's population will be very grateful for this revolutionary transportation paradigm that they previously had no access to.

enhanced_deficit
06-08-2013, 03:25 PM
We won't really need to start thinking too much differently until we have an ET3 tube across the Bering Strait. Until then, we can continue with the status quo indefinitely in dealing with that part of the world that is west of Alaska, which means peace keeping missions will be expensive. However, the added expense will lead to increased demand to work more to pay off the bills for neutralizing global threats, and more jobs will emerge in the form of constructing a global ET3 infrastructure.

Will all riders of this new high speed vehicle need to take their shoes off and go through groping as they do today for air travel?

HOLLYWOOD
06-08-2013, 03:31 PM
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/imagenes_area51/tunnels_aliens.gif (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=x_16pwpr2dFv4M&tbnid=MI_Upy89xDoOLM:&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bibliotecapleyades.net%2Foffl imits%2Fesp_offlimits_7.htm&ei=RaKzUcnXIOKrigLqrYDQDQ&psig=AFQjCNEj7bIgAZrKhVKDZtlMxNu45wDKgw&ust=1370813381586643)
http://rense.com/1NEWART/boring.JPG (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=8jitnOTOu3kBEM&tbnid=dEZYNrK__iBh7M:&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Frense.com%2Fufo%2Fboringmachine.h tm&ei=3aKzUezEM8jziQKWyoCAAQ&psig=AFQjCNFMHg6_m0-bjE3NfrwWZkVYxRKhLw&ust=1370813533881759)

helmuth_hubener
06-08-2013, 03:35 PM
You are right, Jim; you've convinced me. As long as there will be no robots in the ET3 system, as robots are invading our society and cost good people jobs. And it will be Fully Automated, right? Perhaps it can serve as the link between the Fully Automated Communities of our Zeitgeist future! Do you think that the savings from this revolutionary transportation system could even go so far as to fund Fully Automated Peace Keeping Forces?

The possibilities are extremely exciting!!

Jim Casey
06-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Will all riders of this new high speed vehicle need to take their shoes off and go through groping as they do today for air travel?
With all the costs that are eliminated from today's transportation after the switch to tubes, there will be more than enough money saved to hire plenty of security personnel to ensure that nobody brings any contraband aboard when they travel.

You are right, Jim; you've convinced me. As long as there will be no robots in the ET3 system, as robots are invading our society and cost good people jobs. And it will be Fully Automated, right? Perhaps it can serve as the link between the Fully Automated Communities of our Zeitgeist future! Do you think that the savings from this revolutionary transportation system could even go so far as to fund Fully Automated Peace Keeping Forces?

The possibilities are extremely exciting!!
Indeed once the major population centers of the world are connected via evacuated tube transports, the revenues can go toward constructing the first fully automated community that folks can migrate to and experience living in firsthand. Certainly they will demand similar automation developed within their own communities and enjoy inspiring their homelands to keep up with the changing times.

Exciting possibilities indeed, my friend.

pcosmar
06-08-2013, 04:47 PM
With all the costs that are eliminated from today's transportation after the switch to tubes, there will be more than enough money saved to hire plenty of security personnel to ensure that nobody brings any contraband aboard when they travel.

:(
A truly utopian dream.

No Thanks.

pcosmar
06-08-2013, 04:51 PM

I think you really need to get your head out of your evacuation tube.

pcosmar
06-08-2013, 05:16 PM
What an interesting concept.

Yes it is.
And I do love Science Fiction and Fantasy. My favorite escape (presently) from reality, is World of Warcraft.

Being able to separate fantasy from reality is necessary to remain functional. ;)

I am wondering where the truly massive power supplies are going to come from?

Jim Casey
06-08-2013, 05:17 PM
A truly utopian dream.

No Thanks.
People need to find some way to make a living, the evacuated tube transport system will provide lots of jobs. Certainly searching passengers won't be the only jobs available, there will be enough variety of work options on the et3 project that will fit the abilities of lots of applicants who have more skills. Security work isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Eventually being frisked will seen no more invasive than having to wear a seat belt is today.

I think you really need to get your head out of your evacuation tube.
We all really need to start thinking inside the tube. Just imagine how fast you can see so many places around the world in a single one week vacation. Then when you come back to work the next week, you can tell all your friends about all the interesting new people you met and things you saw on your tube trip. Take your significant other with you on the evacuated tube and enjoy membership in the 4000 mph club. Now it would have to be a quickie though, since you will be arriving at your destination in such a short period of time.

I am wondering where the truly massive power supplies are going to come from?
A fraction of the energy used by rail is all the evacuated tube transport needs.
http://www.et3.com/rail-vs-ett

pcosmar
06-08-2013, 05:20 PM
People need to find some way to make a living,

Make work programs are so WPA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_Progress_Administration

mad cow
06-08-2013, 05:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEZjzsnPhnw

Jim Casey
06-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Make work programs are so WPA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Works_Progress_Administration
There's more demand for jobs now than ever before, and security is going to be in high demand when people from all over the world are really starting to connect with one another in person. It will hardly be make work, it will be industry safety protocol.

pcosmar
06-08-2013, 05:34 PM
It will hardly be make work, it will be industry safety protocol.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6480649728/hCBAB29F7/

helmuth_hubener
06-08-2013, 06:16 PM
A truly utopian dream.

No Thanks.You've got to first dream the vacuum to get the vacuum. Let yourself get sucked in to the wonder of it all.

It's not utopian. It's realistic. Why, if you look at how much money Americans spend annually on cosmetics and food alone, put that money towards the ET3 project instead and we could make a real solid start. Seriously, which is more important: make-up or an evacuated tube? Obviously the tube, especially if it loops around the world. We could even give kids free rides for educational learning.

Let's do this! Come on, let's make a ChipIn! Who's with me?

Natural Citizen
06-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I don't think the ones on Mars worked out too well. :rolleyes:

helmuth_hubener
06-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I don't think the ones on Mars worked out too well. :rolleyes:

Their civilization lasted for millions of years, until they were able to finally learn to transcend this sphere, whereupon they abandoned their planet for higher planes of existence. Sounds pretty successful to me.

Research it; it's all on Peter Joseph's site, I think.

Weston White
06-08-2013, 07:11 PM
“China realizes the value of ETT”, well that is all I need to know.

More seriously though, at first glance many issues surround such a concept that concern me:

Absolute control and regulation over such a mode of transportation will ultimately be granted to the demands of globalized government, while subsequently making present day forms of transportation either obsolete or illegal.

Over time personal choice will become trivialized to the need of being “green”.

Your travel habits, destinations, and schedule will be made easily known to both government and third-parties.

Such a mode of transportation is going subject all passengers to the constant berating of advertisements and commercials throughout the course of travel to and from your destination.

Being confined to airless tubes, aside from being very hazardous will require the use of pressured air tanks, certainly not a cheap system to maintain.

The massive materials involved are expensive to manufacture, transport, and assemble, also they must be constantly maintained in top working condition.

Such a combined mechanical and digitalized system will be at the mercy of cold, heat, severe weather storms, flooding, and earthquakes.

Traveling at hundreds to thousands of miles per hour over long distances on a computerized mass-transportation system will result in frequent crashes that cause regular losses of life and damaged cargo; as such a system will be open to hijacking, cracking/hacking, hardware malfunctions, and digital or software processing errors. Thereby, such a system will either require some form of socialized travel insurance that all must pay into or will be granted full legal exemption from all liability.

Jim Casey
06-08-2013, 08:44 PM
It's likely that within the next five years enough of ET3's goals will be reached for their to be increased public confidence and interest.
http://www.et3.com/faq/when-can-i-use-ett

Here are our current goals:

2yrs- a 3 mile demo at 375mph ($10M cost recovered in a year as a $25 amusement ride).
5yrs- 300 mile system connecting major cities (greater than 30% ROI for 10M passengers/yr at $0.10/mile).
10yrs- national networks in most major countries (if all built to the same standard can be interconnected).
20yrs- global ET3 network displacing up to 90% of the global transportation (presently $8.65T/year).

Origanalist
06-08-2013, 09:07 PM
People need to find some way to make a living, the evacuated tube transport system will provide lots of jobs. Certainly searching passengers won't be the only jobs available, there will be enough variety of work options on the et3 project that will fit the abilities of lots of applicants who have more skills. Security work isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Eventually being frisked will seen no more invasive than having to wear a seat belt is today. snip

The hell you say, did you stumble in here by accident thinking you were on another site?

Zippyjuan
06-08-2013, 09:08 PM
300 miles would be roughly LA to San Francisco. They want to build a high speed light rail between the two cities (plus further eventually). The idea was raised in the 1980's. It took 20 years to plan and get a ballot measure put together by 2000. Measure didn't get passed until 2008. Construction is expected to start later this year. If things go according to plan, the first 50 mile segment will open about 2026- over 40 years after the first proposals. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_High-Speed_Rail They think they can get 300 miles done in five years?

And cost are always multiples above initial projections. Looking at their illustrations, it looks like a tube with rails. That will be more expensive than simply building rails so I don't quite see the "cheaper than rail" claim being true.

And you need access (government seizure) of the lands to build it on.

economics102
06-08-2013, 09:17 PM
a break down I a tube would lock you in for a extended period......hot closed in.....no windows

Wow that would be horrible. Like being stuck in an elevator but much, much worse.

ghengis86
06-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Wow that would be horrible. Like being stuck in an elevator but much, much worse.

Like being stuck in an oil pipeline on a hog

Jim Casey
06-08-2013, 09:36 PM
The hell you say, did you stumble in here by accident thinking you were on another site?
Airport security measures are a major issue among liberty advocates today just as mandatory seat belts were decades ago. Today few will even stand up for smokers, it's just the trend no group is immune.

300 miles would be roughly LA to San Francisco. They want to build a high speed light rail between the two cities (plus further eventually). The idea was raised in the 1980's. It took 20 years to plan and get a ballot measure put together by 2000. Measure didn't get passed until 2008. Construction is expected to start later this year. If things go according to plan, the first 50 mile segment will open about 2026- over 40 years after the first proposals. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_High-Speed_Rail They think they can get 300 miles done in five years?

And cost are always multiples above initial projections. Looking at their illustrations, it looks like a tube with rails. That will be more expensive than simply building rails so I don't quite see the "cheaper than rail" claim being true.

It's quite likely that first major evacuated tube systems will be installed outside of America. However, if there really is enough demand to keep cutting edge with transportation technology, Americans can do what has to be done to make it so. This is especially true if energy costs associated with transport become a greater burden then they are now.

Safety concerns are thoroughly addressed.
http://www.et3.com/faq/safety-questions

Emergency escape hatches are placed every mile or so along the tube. In the rare event of stoppage in the tube, the capsules will be directed to the nearest escape hatch.

Origanalist
06-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Airport security measures are a major issue among liberty advocates today just as mandatory seat belts were decades ago. Today few will even stand up for smokers, it's just the trend no group is immune.

Mandatory seat belts still ARE a major issue to me, just like mandatory anything. I just got a ticket a few weeks ago and it still pisses me off. And no, I won't just get used to it.

ronpaulfollower999
06-08-2013, 09:58 PM

The California project is high speed rail. Light rail is a modern day streetcar that typically travel only up to 55 mph (compared to high speed rail which is 125 mph or higher).

http://www.livingdowntowndesmoines.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/houston-light-rail.jpg
(light rail)

ronpaulfollower999
06-08-2013, 09:59 PM
I honestly don't see the point in traveling that fast. I'd rather fly, and I hate flying.

Zippyjuan
06-08-2013, 10:00 PM
This is especially true if energy costs associated with transport become a greater burden then they are now.
Compared to construction and maintainance costs, energy use costs are quite small. Light rail runs on electricity. ET3 runs on electricity. Not any significant savings by building a new system based on energy costs.

http://publictransport.about.com/od/Transit_Projects/a/How-Much-Do-Rail-Transit-Projects-Cost-To-Build-And-Operate.htm

Recent Light Rail Project Costs

The cost of recent surface light rail lines has ranged from a low of $43 million per mile in Norfolk, VA to a high of $204 million per mile for the new Milwaukie line in Portland. Los Angeles's Crenshaw Line , which includes short subway sections, clocks in at $165 million per mile. In Toronto, the Eglinton LRT line, which consists of almost a 50/50 split between surface and subway operation, is estimated to cost C$403 million per mile, which as of May 2012 was about equal to US$400 million per mile. In contrast, the Canada Line in Vancouver, which is about 70% underground with most of the rest being elevated, only cost C$177 million per mile - a low amount attributed to its cut-and-cover construction and very short station platforms (at 50m they can only accommodate two car train sets).

ronpaulfollower999
06-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Most electricity is still generated by fossil fuels anyway.

mad cow
06-08-2013, 10:20 PM
OK,I read the homepage and the faq,they don't address what would happen if one of these 400 lb.,six passenger cars sprung a leak.Anything that weighs 400 lbs. and holds six passengers,hell a six passenger jon boat,is going to have thin walls.
How many seconds do you think those passengers would survive in a vacuum?

Henry Rogue
06-08-2013, 10:21 PM

The United States Military cannot rule the world if it does not have the funding or resources to do so. Evacuated tube transportation can be the technology that gets America back on track with being the dominant force in the world. There is no need to hate those who work hard to install such a magnificent infrastructure for empire expansion.What the he!! ?

Yes it is.
And I do love Science Fiction and Fantasy. My favorite escape (presently) from reality, is World of Warcraft.

Being able to separate fantasy from reality is necessary to remain functional. ;)

I am wondering where the truly massive power supplies are going to come from? We will need a lot more windmills.

And cost are always multiples above initial projections. Good one Zippy. Here's a smiley face for you. :)

ronpaulfollower999
06-08-2013, 10:26 PM
OK,I read the homepage and the faq,they don't address what would happen if one of these 400 lb.,six passenger cars sprung a leak.Anything that weighs 400 lbs. and holds six passengers,hell a six passenger jon boat,is going to have thin walls.

Tim Robbins didn't last long in Mission to Mars....

Jim Casey
06-08-2013, 10:40 PM
There's a few hours of life support reserve in each car, enough to keep people breathing in case of emergency.
http://www.et3.com/faq/how-can-people-breathe

Life-support apparatus is a well developed field. Space stations in orbit allow astronauts to breathe for several months, even though the capsule is in a near vacuum.

mad cow
06-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Life-support apparatus is a well developed field. Space stations in orbit allow astronauts to breathe for several months, even though the capsule is in a near vacuum. Submarines have been around for over a hundred years, modern subs can stay submerged for more than a month. The systems used in Evacuated Tube Transport will be much less demanding. Only 2-3 hours (plus reserves) of life-support is needed.

That reserve is worthless if the hull is ruptured unless you have individual breathing arrangements for each passenger over and above whatever air supply and CO2 capture apparatus you have for the car itself.

The space station and nuclear subs don't weigh 400 lbs.
Are they going to provide space suits and/or momson lungs or scuba gear to all six passengers?
Won't this put them dangerously close to exceeding their 400 lb. empty weight limit for these death-traps?

Origanalist
06-08-2013, 11:03 PM
This whole thing smells of a subjugation plot by our reptilian overlords.

Zippyjuan
06-08-2013, 11:07 PM
If the space station lost integrity, yes they have backup oxygen but they also have pressurized suits to put on and can seal off different parts. They wouldn't last long in a vaccum. The pneumatic vaccum tube likely won't have that for all passengers (and probably not enough advanced notice to use them if they did).

http://space.about.com/cs/basics/a/bodyvacuum1.htm

The question is, what happens to the human body in a vacuum?
No, the body won't blow up. Your blood won't boil, either.
There are a number of things about being in space, in a vacuum, which could cause harm to the human body. You wouldn't want to hold your breath. This would cause lung damage. You would probably remain conscious for several seconds, until the blood without oxygen reaches your brain.

It would be pretty darn cold, but the human body doesn't lose heat that fast, so you'd have a little time before you froze to death. It's possible you could have some problems with your eardrums, including a rupture, but maybe not. It would be worse if you had a cold, and were stuffy headed, with no way for the pressure to equalize.

You could get a bad sunburn, and you might actually swell some, but not to Arnold Schwarzenegger, "Total Recall" proportions. The "bends" are also possible, just like a diver who surfaces too quickly.

While your own normal blood pressure will keep your blood from boiling, the saliva in your mouth could very well begin to do so. In 1965, while performing tests at the NASA facility now known as Johnson Space Center a subject was accidentally exposed to a near vacuum (less than 1 psi) when his space suit leaked while in a vacuum chamber. He did not pass out for about 14 seconds, by which time unoxygenated blood had reached his brain. Technicians began to repressurize the chamber within 15 seconds and he regained consciousness at around the equivalent of 15,000 feet of altitude. He later said that his last conscious memory was of the water on his tongue beginning to boil.

John F Kennedy III
06-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Vehicles and passengers will instantly vaporize.

Jim Casey
06-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Vehicles and passengers will instantly vaporize.
It may seem that way, considering how rapidly the transportation paradigm could shift.

Even newsmax is covering the ET3 story.

Daryl Oster, CEO of ET3, revealed this week that his company has created a prototype for something called Evacuated Tube Transport, an airless, frictionless tube that would use suction to propel a six-passenger capsule up to 4,000 miles per hour.

The best part? A trip would cost just $100.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/thewire/new-york-city-la-45-minutes-suction/2013/06/05/id/508198#ixzz2Vkk0pJVN
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!