PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher - Fourth Amendment & Second Amendment 'Obsolete' 6/7/13

fearthereaperx
06-08-2013, 12:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XexzLQsagQU

Anti Federalist
06-08-2013, 12:19 AM
That's how freedom dies.

To thunderous applause.

ETA, that looks like an old clip, either that or asshole Maher is dying his hair.

I'm sure he is full support of NSA spying and data mining.

fearthereaperx
06-08-2013, 12:31 AM
That's how freedom dies.

To thunderous applause.

ETA, that looks like an old clip, either that or asshole Maher is dying his hair.

I'm sure he is full support of NSA spying and data mining.

it's from the newest episode.

PaulC
06-08-2013, 12:40 AM
Maher is definitely no friend of liberty. Or common sense...

LibertyEagle
06-08-2013, 12:40 AM
Who cares what Maher says. He has always been a major leftist tool.

AngryCanadian
06-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Its an staged scripted TV show and audience what you expected?

enhanced_deficit
06-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Maher is definitely no friend of liberty. Or common sense...

To be fair, he is more of a moderate neocon.

dillo
06-08-2013, 12:52 AM
He could be making the point that the same people that were all for violating the fourth amendment are hypocrites and cry "muh constitution" when any gun control regs are proposed. Its hard to tell without the full context but he definitely has a point. How can people who shit all over the other 9 amendments actually honestly claim they care about the second one. In todays law all of them don't matter, if the big ole govt wants to take away guns they can and will. It would just be harder than taking away speech, or illegally searching someone.

LibertyEagle
06-08-2013, 12:54 AM
He could be making the point that the same people that were all for violating the fourth amendment are hypocrites and cry "muh constitution" when any gun control regs are proposed. Its hard to tell without the full context but he definitely has a point. How can people who shit all over the other 9 amendments actually honestly claim they care about the second one. In todays law all of them don't matter, if the big ole govt wants to take away guns they can and will. It would just be harder than taking away speech, or illegally searching someone.

I doubt it. If it's something Obama does, he usually loves it.

jclay2
06-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Bill, you are obsolete:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWdmbakG9BA

devil21
06-08-2013, 01:36 AM
Now I want to watch his whole statement because that tiny clip is cherry picking and soundbite. He says the 4th is up for debate so why not the 2nd? Good question actually! The 4th is only up for debate because the gov't/politicians have made it a "debate". Just like they made the 2nd a "debate" after Aurora and Sandy Hook. The simple answer is the 2nd guarantees all others in the BoR and without the 2nd no others mean anything.

DamianTV
06-08-2013, 02:24 AM
There might be a lot of things that Bill Maher says that we (and I) will agree with. But when he turns his tails and says shit like this, it becomes obvious why he is even allowed on the air.

donnay
06-08-2013, 08:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oADlQPJ_Zfc

Cleaner44
06-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Maher is correct, the 4th is just as obsolete as the 2nd... and for that matter the 1st and the rest of the bill of rights. That is to say that they are all 0% obsolete. What I would hope is that Maher values his privacy and would declare the 4th not obsolete and also admit that the 2nd also is not obsolete. It is good that he recognizes that the whole bill of rights is being ignored and maybe he should stop to question that. Maybe he is learning that you can't pick and choose which rights to defend. We need more people to figure out that freedom isn't defended by Democrats or Republicans when they intend to destroy certain amendments.

PreDeadMan
06-08-2013, 06:26 PM
I'm with lysander spooner as far as the constitution goes.....