PDA

View Full Version : Not driving drunk? Go to Jail anyway.

ZENemy
06-07-2013, 03:57 PM
HERPERDERP

http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/06/no-surprise-here-man-arrested-for-dui-blows-000/#ixzz2VXmGLOni

Surprise is actually the name of a city in Arizona. When you read a news article about an incident there, you keep waiting for some kind of punch line. In Surprise, Arizona, there was a Surprise man who was arrested by Surprise police officers.

The surprise in this particular incident however is not really all that surprising. A 64-year-old retired firefighter named Jesse Thornton was arrested for DUI even though he blew a .000.

His schedule is such that he sleeps during the day and runs errands and works out during the night. He changed his schedule so that it would match up more with his wife’s schedule. She works 12-hour shifts as an ER nurse.

Anti Federalist
06-07-2013, 04:08 PM
"I've got nothing to hide."

youngbuck
06-07-2013, 04:18 PM
"I've got nothing to hide."

...then you've got nothing to hide! Oh wait, I see what you did there.

satchelmcqueen
06-07-2013, 04:19 PM
just wow. and im not surprised at all.

ZENemy
06-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Soon having nothing to hide, will be something! Wait, what?

kcchiefs6465
06-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Arizona doesn't have legal limits, AFAIK. Being .02, if the officer attests that you were impaired, you will be arrested.

I faintly recall a judge being arrested for a DUI and registering a .00 on the breathalyzer.

It's more common than you'd think.

kahless
06-07-2013, 04:50 PM
so he’s filed a lawsuit against the department for $500,000. I hope he gets every penny.

I hope he gets it and the taxpayers feel the pain. Maybe then the taxpayers will demand and hold the local politicians accountable to get the police department in-line.

Red Green
06-07-2013, 04:53 PM
I hope he gets it and the taxpayers feel the pain. Maybe then the taxpayers will demand and hold the local politicians accountable to get the police department in-line.

Yeah, that happens ALL the time :rolleyes:

Most likely the pig that busted him will get a promotion, as will everyone else involved.

Tod
06-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Tonight there is a DUI checkpoint in the next county over. I posted this in the comments section and was promptly called an *ss by some bootlicking statist. I am pleased to note that at the time I post this, her comment has no "likes" while mine has two.

Just because the SCOTUS ruled that it is constitutional doesn't make it so. The SCOTUS also at one time ruled that laws upholding slavery were fine. Would you like to try to defend the Dred Scott decision?

The real point of these stops is to condition the public to being stopped for no legitimate reason whatsoever. Exercise your rights by refusing to speak to the officers. Do not tell them where you are going to or coming from or whether you have been drinking (even if you have not); it is none of their business, the only reason they engage you is to try to find some reason to arrest you.

Film or record these criminals (yes, the officers involved in this checkpoint really ARE criminals, no matter what the law or courts say) and in response to any questions, ask if you are free to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG7niM9PzeE

LibForestPaul
06-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Surprise is actually the name of a city in Arizona. When you read a news article about an incident there, you keep waiting for some kind of punch line. In Surprise, Arizona, there was a Surprise man who was arrested by Surprise police officers.

The surprise in this particular incident however is not really all that surprising. A 64-year-old retired firefighter named Jesse Thornton was arrested for DUI even though he blew a .000.

His schedule is such that he sleeps during the day and runs errands and works out during the night. He changed his schedule so that it would match up more with his wife’s schedule. She works 12-hour shifts as an ER nurse.

Good, i'm glad a tax parasite got busted. Wish he would have been tazed like a regular mundane.

Christian Liberty
06-07-2013, 04:58 PM
I get the line of thinking with "Tax parasites" but even though I support privatizing the fire department, I don't see how those people are inherently doing anything wrong. Working for the State isn't per say illegitimate, it depends on what you do.

I don't think they're all evil, but I could understand this sentiment about a cop. At least those people generally, in modern American society, act as enemies of liberty.

But a firefighter?

kahless
06-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Yeah, that happens ALL the time :rolleyes:

Most likely the pig that busted him will get a promotion, as will everyone else involved.

You might be right since that happens all too often because people would rather throw their hands up in the air and roll their eyes just like you. However I also have seen people get involved at the local level for first time in their lives when they start feeling the pain due to town and police department mismanagement.

It is such an up hill battle get support and fight these attitudes since even people that hold the same beliefs have all too often given up and look at it as a lost cause.

CCTelander
06-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Just another day in the largest, greatest gulag in the history of the world.

'Murica! Fuck yeah!

Red Green
06-07-2013, 06:43 PM
You might be right since that happens all too often because people would rather throw their hands up in the air and roll their eyes just like you. However I also have seen people get involved at the local level for first time in their lives when they start feeling the pain due to town and police department mismanagement.

It is such an up hill battle get support and fight these attitudes since even people that hold the same beliefs have all too often given up and look at it as a lost cause.

Here's the problem:

I live in AZ. I can tell you that we have a lot of blue-hairs who have the intellectual capacity of a fruit fly. They are all about law enforcement because, let's face it, the pigs rarely go Rodney King on a 78 yo woman. And they vote. They are like voter zombies; they just file into the voting booth and pull the lever for whatever jack-ass scumbag promises to put all those young, non-white dope smoking hippies or whatever in jail so they don't bother them. It's why John McCain will get elected every time he runs. It's why Sheriff Joe is Sheriff for life. Forget trying to take over some of these towns down here in AZ. Best just to avoid them.

Anti Federalist
06-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Just another day in the largest, greatest gulag in the history of the world.

'Murica! Fuck yeah!

The open air, free range, Panopticon prison.

'Murica! Fuck yeah!

Anti Federalist
06-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Surprise muthafucka

http://hugelolcdn.com/i700/24925.jpg

kahless
06-07-2013, 08:01 PM
Here's the problem:

I live in AZ. I can tell you that we have a lot of blue-hairs who have the intellectual capacity of a fruit fly. They are all about law enforcement because, let's face it, the pigs rarely go Rodney King on a 78 yo woman. And they vote. They are like voter zombies; they just file into the voting booth and pull the lever for whatever jack-ass scumbag promises to put all those young, non-white dope smoking hippies or whatever in jail so they don't bother them. It's why John McCain will get elected every time he runs. It's why Sheriff Joe is Sheriff for life. Forget trying to take over some of these towns down here in AZ. Best just to avoid them.

"Best just to avoid them". Therefore no dialogue with these people that have never heard the other side - in a non-confrontational or non insulting way or in a way in which they can relate to.

It depends how you approach the discussion. Many of these people have grand kids, so you tell a story with that mind. It is all about presentation. Otherwise the first thing that will come to mind are the video clips every media outlet shows of in your face close-ups of dirty crazy hippies.

Many will also bitch and moan about the high cost of rent or property taxes due to government spending but they sometimes do not make the connection. It is a fairly easy to drive that conversation in the right direction.

If a town is getting hammered with lawsuits because the police are out of line that not only effects the residents property taxes, it effects the government employees. Their pensions and their jobs are all put at risk.

LibertyEagle
06-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Good, i'm glad a tax parasite got busted. Wish he would have been tazed like a regular mundane.

Sorry, but to call a firefighter that is pretty disgusting.

Keith and stuff
06-07-2013, 08:23 PM
But a firefighter?

The worst things firefighters do in the official duty is testify against good bills/in favor of bad bills (while sometimes using threats and threatening actions), campaign for terrible politicians and donate to terrible politicians. I don't consider them evil. Sure, major of professional firefighters could be replaced with volunteer firefighters and the world would be a better place for it.

I agree with you. I don't know LibForestPaul's motive and will not guess but it certainly isn't something any of the moderators on here are going to promote to the front page.

Christian Liberty
06-07-2013, 08:46 PM
@LE- Thanks for the +rep:)

The worst things firefighters do in the official duty is testify against good bills/in favor of bad bills (while sometimes using threats and threatening actions), campaign for terrible politicians and donate to terrible politicians. I don't consider them evil. Sure, major of professional firefighters could be replaced with volunteer firefighters and the world would be a better place for it.

I agree with you. I don't know LibForestPaul's motive and will not guess but it certainly isn't something any of the moderators on here are going to promote to the front page.

I get his point, and that he's ticked off at government in general. But just working for government doesn't necessarily make you part of a problem. Heck, Murray Rothbard taught at a public university. Ron Paul was a politician, a career that is almost always evil, but in his case he used his power for good. Your position by itself doesn't determine who you are.

I don't believe all cops, soldiers, or politicians are necessarily evil (Note that in this case I am using "evil" in the vernacular sense of the word, not the theological "All have sinned" sense) but at least I can understand in that case that those people virtually always make a living by violating the NAP as a daily routine. How much I expect of people really depends on how much they know, but I can say that as a SYSTEM the police, military, and politicians, at least as we know and hate them today, are fundamentally evil. The individuals may not be evil, but they support an organizataion that literally exists to violate the NAP. So I can at least understand the anger that is generally pointed their way, even if I do think there are exceptions. I know an upstanding member of my church that's a cop, I think highly of him as a person although I have no doubt he's done things I'd never condone as part of his job and I don't see eye to eye with him politically. But I will say that he's a member of an evil organization, again, as we currently know the police, not necessarily any police force ever.

Firefighters, however, do a SERVICE for the community. Yes, they're paid for by taxes, who isn't? I guess its time to admit I'm taking financial aid as well, and if SS and Medicare are still around when I retire (Absurdly unlikely) I will absolutely take them. I don't agree with them, I think they should be abolished yesterday, but taking money from the thieves isn't inherently immoral. Only if you have to do something immoral to get the money. I don't think that putting out fires, or taking money from thieves, are immoral actions, so I see no reason why a fully principled libertarian could not take the job. Yes, I absolutely want to privatize the fire department, and the public school system, but that hardly means that taking the government job is immoral.

In fact, while its confession time, I've taken a law enforcement class before as well. At the time I wanted to be a lawyer.. a prosecuting attorney. I chose a different path now, but I guess I'm fundamentally an evil person who deserves to be punished because I ever even considered a career as a lawyer.

Red Green
06-07-2013, 09:35 PM
"Best just to avoid them". Therefore no dialogue with these people that have never heard the other side - in a non-confrontational or non insulting way or in a way in which they can relate to.

It depends how you approach the discussion. Many of these people have grand kids, so you tell a story with that mind. It is all about presentation. Otherwise the first thing that will come to mind are the video clips every media outlet shows of in your face close-ups of dirty crazy hippies.

Many will also bitch and moan about the high cost of rent or property taxes due to government spending but they sometimes do not make the connection. It is a fairly easy to drive that conversation in the right direction.

If a town is getting hammered with lawsuits because the police are out of line that not only effects the residents property taxes, it effects the government employees. Their pensions and their jobs are all put at risk.

Some people say these people can be converted. I don't know. I have heard and seen so many uniformed hateful individuals it's hard to think that anything can be done. There is a reason why grifters target older pepole; they're easily fooled. That's why they're prime targets for politicians.

kcchiefs6465
06-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Some people say these people can be converted. I don't know. I have heard and seen so many uniformed hateful individuals it's hard to think that anything can be done. There is a reason why grifters target older pepole; they're easily fooled. That's why they're prime targets for politicians.
I doubt them being able to be converted as well. I hear this thing of going back to roots of self-reliance but I don't know if anyone alive has ever seen that day. They sacrifice the liberty of others for the perceived safety they receive.

Reefer madness is a bitch too. My grandma is 82 years old. She thinks medical marijuana is the devil. Not really much point talking to her about it. Mainstream news gives her her opinions.

My dad as well, though he is more libertarian leaning than he knows or would like to admit. I literally hear news headlines word for word. It's frustrating to say the least.

"Yes, I know dad. Terrorists would be everywhere if we didn't kill them there." "Yes, I know grandma, medical marijuana is the devil."

I can't even begin to speak about current events with them. I usually just change the subject because they are so stuck in their ways it is pointless. Different eras.. I guess.

LibForestPaul
06-08-2013, 08:59 PM

Bullshit! I know more than a few fire fighters who think they can wave a tin badge and be part of the thin blue line. Boo fn hoo. Bout time they figured out they aint on the same team.

LibForestPaul
06-08-2013, 09:01 PM
And furthermore, I am going to be eating lots of popcorn when the 51% who thought they were special figure out the top 1/10% don't really need them or want them.

Henry Rogue
06-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Bullshit! I know more than a few fire fighters who think they can wave a tin badge and be part of the thin blue line. Boo fn hoo. Bout time they figured out they aint on the same team. I think I'm with you on this one. I had a neighbor, who join the volunteer fire department years ago and not long after he was calling the rest of us civilians, he sure thought that made him special. What a joke, I think he went to four calls in four years. An EMT guy just told me recently, he admonished a cop for not pulling his gun on some kid with a BB gun, because the kid could have had a real gun and the emt would have had to perform first aid on the cop if the gun had been real or some BS. As if LE needs encouragement. I told him he's lucky he wasn't performing first aid on the kid.

Tod
06-09-2013, 10:19 PM
There sure are a LOT of boot-lickers in Mansfield!

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/comments/article/20130607/NEWS01/130607001/Highway-patrol-announces-checkpoint

If you have a facebook account, feel free to like whichever comments suit your fancy! :p