PDA

View Full Version : Michele Bachmann hints at another run

PaulC
06-07-2013, 02:16 PM
GOP Rep. Michele Bachmann, who announced last week she will not run for reelection to the House, said Thursday she is looking for a 'different perch' from which to advance her causes. As for 2016? Nothing is 'off the table,' she said.
http://news.yahoo.com/michele-bachmann-hints-another-run-she-back-already-165110063.html

PaulC
06-07-2013, 02:17 PM
First Romney. Now this! :eek:

FSP-Rebel
06-07-2013, 02:54 PM
There's no wind behind her sails anymore, she was the first pump and dump of last primary season so this is meaningless.

FrankRep
06-07-2013, 02:57 PM
She's not really all that popular and tea party is annoyed by her inaction. It'll be a waste of time for her.

PaulC
06-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I agree with you guys.

I always thought in the last two primaries that they intentionally loaded the field with with these crazies to choke out Ron Paul and keep anything of substance from being debated. I wonder if they're setting up to do the same thing so Rand will get similar treatment.

jkob
06-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Iran is only a few months away from having nuclear weapons for real this time!

LibertyEagle
06-07-2013, 03:31 PM
She's toast. I'm not a bit worried about her.

AngryCanadian
06-07-2013, 03:31 PM
See? elections are really pointless.

compromise
06-07-2013, 03:33 PM
I doubt she'll run. The candidates will be much stronger in 2016. She'll get walked all over by the likes of Rand, Rubio or Christie if she tries anything.

If she doesn't run, her endorsement will probably go to Rand, so best she doesn't.

bunklocoempire
06-07-2013, 04:15 PM
I can hear the brave party voting-Morris following-arm chair strategists now..

..but, but, but the GOP has got to run a woman against Hillary. Look what happened when Cain lost to Romney! We can't afford four more years!

The newz boobs are licking their chops at this next lame puppet script.

ZENemy
06-07-2013, 04:15 PM
it just doesn't matter anymore.

satchelmcqueen
06-07-2013, 04:24 PM
sorry but until she tells ron paul shes sorry for fucking him over on national TV, THIS clip is all i think of everytime i hear, see or read her name. shes a liar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW9-RRRD14I

06-07-2013, 04:41 PM
She wants a PAC and a tv show. Jealous of Palin.

FrankRep
06-07-2013, 05:40 PM
sorry but until she tells ron paul shes sorry for fucking him over on national TV, THIS clip is all i think of everytime i hear, see or read her name. shes a liar.

I don't see anyone here defending or promoting her here, no worries.

tangent4ronpaul
06-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Why is everyone assuming she's going after the prez slot and not a Senate seat? or mayor or gov?

-t

compromise
06-09-2013, 07:31 AM
Why is everyone assuming she's going after the prez slot and not a Senate seat? or mayor or gov?

-t

Mayor is unlikely for a Republican, especially one like her. Senate or Governor could be possible.

Antischism
06-09-2013, 07:39 AM
The sooner she fades into irrelevancy, the better.

Cleaner44
06-09-2013, 07:42 AM
When she says no options are off the table, I think she means this:

http://www.scatacook.org/images/Patches/DenMother.jpg

John F Kennedy III
06-09-2013, 08:37 AM
She isn't running for her seat again? Cuz she knows we won't let her win after she backstabbed Ron.

compromise
06-09-2013, 09:03 AM
She isn't running for her seat again? Cuz she knows we won't let her win after she backstabbed Ron.

I think you're greatly exaggerating the power of the liberty movement. She got re-elected in 2012 which was immediately after backstabbing Ron. Kurt Bills did pretty poorly in her district, which shows there are few liberty minded voters there.

John F Kennedy III
06-09-2013, 11:25 AM
1. You had Sarah Palin as a liberty pick in your sig until I mentioned it. You aren't liberty and nobody should take a word you say seriously.

2. We were all focused on other shit at the time. Which wouldn't be the case next year. Tons of us in the liberty movement were ready to keep her from getting reelected next year.

compromise
06-09-2013, 05:05 PM
1. You had Sarah Palin as a liberty pick in your sig until I mentioned it. You aren't liberty and nobody should take a word you say seriously.

2. We were all focused on other shit at the time. Which wouldn't be the case next year. Tons of us in the liberty movement were ready to keep her from getting reelected next year.

1. Ad hominem, and another exaggeration of your own importance. I took Palin off because Miller filed to run, not because of anything you said. I do agree with Judge Napolitano that since 2009, she has adopted many libertarian and constitutional conservative positions. I am not a libertarian, I am a conservative. However, by the general population in the real world, I tend to be taken rather more seriously than libertine conspiracy tards.

2. You really think there are so many of your people that would spend an immense amount of time and money working hard to defeat Bachmann and that was the principal reason she dropped out? How exactly would they have pulled this off? Primarying her would be impossible and third party candidates take a minute share of the vote in her district. I'm really not sure what you had in mind, but MN liberty groups certainly were not thinking the same way.

Bastiat's The Law
06-09-2013, 05:12 PM
She wants a PAC and a tv show. Jealous of Palin.
Ding, ding...WINNER!

DamianTV
06-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah, because we need someone who thinks she can "cure" gay people of being "gay" running the country. Well, thinking she is running the country. She is so dumb that she probably thinks Pinnochio comes with no strings attached.

John F Kennedy III
06-09-2013, 07:12 PM
1. Ad hominem, and another exaggeration of your own importance. I took Palin off because Miller filed to run, not because of anything you said. I do agree with Judge Napolitano that since 2009, she has adopted many libertarian and constitutional conservative positions. I am not a libertarian, I am a conservative. However, by the general population in the real world, I tend to be taken rather more seriously than libertine conspiracy tards.

2. You really think there are so many of your people that would spend an immense amount of time and money working hard to defeat Bachmann and that was the principal reason she dropped out? How exactly would they have pulled this off? Primarying her would be impossible and third party candidates take a minute share of the vote in her district. I'm really not sure what you had in mind, but MN liberty groups certainly were not thinking the same way.

Libertine tard? Lol wow. You GOP boot licking pathetic excuse for a human being. This board is becoming infested with you fucks. It makes me fucking sick to witness what has been allowed to happen to a forum that once stood for liberty.

DamianTV
06-09-2013, 07:27 PM
.... libertine conspiracy tards.

I am insulted by that.

I think the reason she was even mentioned is because Corporations can throw UNLIMITED AMMTS OF MONEY to sponsor her campaign. Us Mundanes however are LIMITED as to how much we can contribute. If Corporations had not been able to Sponsor her, we may have had more than one True Statesmen in the election. This goes to show that the US Election is about as corrupt as they come. Cater to the Rich and the poor are not allowed to have a voice.

John F Kennedy III
06-09-2013, 08:23 PM
I am insulted by that.

I think the reason she was even mentioned is because Corporations can throw UNLIMITED AMMTS OF MONEY to sponsor her campaign. Us Mundanes however are LIMITED as to how much we can contribute. If Corporations had not been able to Sponsor her, we may have had more than one True Statesmen in the election. This goes to show that the US Election is about as corrupt as they come. Cater to the Rich and the poor are not allowed to have a voice.

Amen bro.

Cap
06-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Seriously, why are we giving this establishment whore any bandwidth?

CPUd
06-09-2013, 09:08 PM
My favorite picture of the 2012 RNC:

http://i.imgur.com/1DnYbKJ.jpg

pacelli
06-10-2013, 05:25 AM
She's not fit to be a hall monitor in an elementary school.

The Minnesota Republican frequently suffers from stress-induced medical episodes that she has characterized as severe headaches. These episodes, say witnesses, occur once a week on average and can “incapacitate” her for days at time. On at least three occasions, Bachmann has landed in the hospital as a result.

“She has terrible migraine headaches. And they put her out of commission for a day or more at a time. They come out of nowhere, and they’re unpredictable,” says an adviser to Bachmann who was involved in her 2010 congressional campaign. “They level her. They put her down. It’s actually sad. It’s very painful.”

“When she gets ‘em, frankly, she can’t function at all. It’s not like a little thing with a couple Advils. It’s bad,” the adviser says. “The migraines are so bad and so intense, she carries and takes all sorts of pills. Prevention pills. Pills during the migraine. Pills after the migraine, to keep them under control. She has to take these pills wherever she goes.”

To staff, Bachmann has implausibly blamed the headaches on uncomfortable high-heel shoes, but those who have worked closely with her cite stress, a busy schedule and anything going badly for Bachmann as causes.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/07/18/stress-related-condition-incapacitates-bachmann-heavy-pill-use-alleged/#ixzz2VoNe8XRE

compromise
06-10-2013, 06:05 AM
Libertine tard? Lol wow. You GOP boot licking pathetic excuse for a human being. This board is becoming infested with you fucks. It makes me fucking sick to witness what has been allowed to happen to a forum that once stood for liberty.

You still haven't explained how you plan to win.

Also, you guys from the cult of Ron Paul do realize that Ron himself wanted his supporters to work within the GOP, right?

I am insulted by that.

95% of the funds donated to her in the last election cycle came from individuals, not PACs.