PDA

View Full Version : Obama: Nobody is Listening To Your Calls

AuH20
06-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Says the man who said that you'd be able to keep your health insurance plan as well as stating that everyone's premium would drop. Nothing to see here. Father Biracial has eased the concerns of the children.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/07/obama-administration-nsa-prism-revelations-live

Anti Federalist
06-07-2013, 11:11 AM
With "all these programs," he says, the appropriate congressional committees have been briefed.

"They have been authorized by bipartisan majorities repeatedly since 2006," he says. "Your duly elected representatives have been consistently informed."

Oh, I feel so much better now.

Fuck you people...just...really...fuck you all.

Anti Federalist
06-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Obama continues:

When it comes to telephone calls: Nobody is listening to your telephone calls. That's not what this program's about. What the intelligence community is doing is identifying, looking at phone numbers and durations of calls. They are not looking at people's names, and they're not looking at content. But by sifting through this so-called metadata, they may find potential leads with respect to folks who might engage in terrorism.

Sooooo...how could they find a "lead" if they had no idea who the caller was, or who they were calling?

Anti Federalist
06-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Obama: 'In the abstract you can complain about Big Brother'

The president concludes with an eyebrow-raising argument for why he can be trusted to ensure there are appropriate safeguards limiting government surveillance programs.

The two-term president asserts that once he leaves office, he may be particularly targeted by America's rogue spymasters, if they were allowed to exist:

I will leave this office at some point. And after that i will be a private citizen. And I would expect that on the list of people who might be targeted so that somebody could read their emails – I'd probably be pretty high on that list. But I know that the people who are involved in these programs... They're professionals.

In the abstract you can complain about Big Brother and how this is a program run amok, but when you actually look at the details, I think we've struck the right balance.

I repeat, fuck you.

sailingaway
06-07-2013, 11:24 AM
No, they are recording EVERY ONE to listen to later if they feel like it! As if we haven't already seen the state used with the IRS to pressure political opponents. J Edgar Hoover at least needed gumshoe leather to create his files on congressmen, now they only have to wait for kids to grow up to be congressmen, and mine their entire history before that!

That 'bipartisan majorities of congressmen on whom we have complete datamined files' acquiesce to whatever they want is not persuasive.

Lucille
06-07-2013, 11:29 AM
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2013/06/verizon-nsa-metadata-surveillance-problem.html

“The public doesn’t understand,” she told me, speaking about so-called metadata. “It’s much more intrusive than content.” She explained that the government can learn immense amounts of proprietary information by studying “who you call, and who they call. If you can track that, you know exactly what is happening—you don’t need the content.”

jkr
06-07-2013, 11:40 AM
hes right...they are listening to EVERYTHING

Carole
06-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Says the man who said that you'd be able to keep your health insurance plan as well as stating that everyone's premium would drop. Nothing to see here. Father Biracial has eased the concerns of the children.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/07/obama-administration-nsa-prism-revelations-live

I knew there was good reason I hate and avoid texting. :) Imagine seven years worth of texts collected in all those zetabytes. :)

Pericles
06-07-2013, 12:59 PM
And nobody wants to take your guns, either.

Uriel999
06-07-2013, 01:17 PM
I knew there was good reason I hate and avoid texting. :) Imagine seven years worth of texts collected in all those zetabytes. :)

LOL, some of mine might make them blush...

:toady:

acptulsa
06-07-2013, 01:39 PM
I will leave this office at some point. And after that i will be a private citizen. And I would expect that on the list of people who might be targeted so that somebody could read their emails – I'd probably be pretty high on that list. But I know that the people who are involved in these programs... They're professionals.

One, why would it bother you even if they weren't professionals, considering that you know them and they owe you for their jobs?

Two, what happens when you leave office and your successor loads the department with people you don't know?

Three, What's so reassuring about nobody listening when it's all recorded and computer analyzed. And how can you guarantee it? Are you saying that even if the messages contains keywords the computer will red flag, no one will listen? No wonder nearly a dozen years ago, we allowed a terrorist attack to occur even though the government had all the information it needed to intervene, so we set up the DHS to coordinate them all and ensure that didn't happen again, yet a couple of months ago another terrorist attack happened even though the government had enough information to stop it..?

Regardless about whether you think the Constitution is necessary or not, why do you consider it necessary to completely destroy it? Could there be any real motive for that which isn't sinister?

Dr.3D
06-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Obama: "Nobody is listening to your calls."
So what now? Have they given the top dawg in the spy on us system the code name "Nobody?"

devil21
06-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Reminds me of Maxine Waters comment about Obama having a database on everything about everyone.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-07-2013, 01:54 PM
One, why would it bother you even if they weren't professionals, considering that you know them and they owe you for their jobs?

Two, what happens when you leave office and your successor loads the department with people you don't know?

He's not being serious. He's just trying to shut people up. Think about who you are responding to there.

Lord Xar
06-07-2013, 01:56 PM
... and lets say you are someone who wants to run for office.. or open a new business. But guess what, those in power can review YOUR phone records and get info on you that might be detrimental to your future.

You are a liberty politician and could beat the special interest lacky -- you get a little message "yeah, we know you did this or that..." drop out or your wife finds out.. etc..
The GOVT ok'd the targeting of persons by the IRS .... they will target you.

sluggo
06-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Reminds me of Maxine Waters comment about Obama having a database on everything about everyone.

Ha, I forgot about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIA1lQBqH1s

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Ha, I forgot about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIA1lQBqH1s

Funny she's worried about democratic candidates. Duh.

TheGrinch
06-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Obama: "Nobody is listening to your calls."
So what now? Have they given the top dawg in the spy on us system the code name "Nobody?"

I think we've cracked the code on how they can say this shit with a straight face:

"Nobody (a faceless organization) is monitoring your calls"

"The terrorists (us) hate you for your freedoms"

"If you like your healthcare plan (when we get done with it) you can keep it"

Lucille
06-07-2013, 02:36 PM
... and lets say you are someone who wants to run for office.. or open a new business. But guess what, those in power can review YOUR phone records and get info on you that might be detrimental to your future.

You are a liberty politician and could beat the special interest lacky -- you get a little message "yeah, we know you did this or that..." drop out or your wife finds out.. etc..
The GOVT ok'd the targeting of persons by the IRS .... they will target you.

I would love to know what the admin. has on Justice Roberts that made him switch his ACA decision at the last minute.

cajuncocoa
06-07-2013, 02:37 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/935639_447933918636981_1186372311_n.jpg

jllundqu
06-07-2013, 03:15 PM
So what obama is saying is... those guys in Benghazi weren't using Facebook, Google, Verizon, or Twitter?

I'm confused...

/facepalm

enhanced_deficit
03-19-2017, 10:46 PM
Says the man who said that you'd be able to keep your health insurance plan as well as stating that everyone's premium would drop.

Premiums have gone up even more in many markets.

Un-related

Is Obama listening to opponents of Obamacare (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?428719-Is-Obama-listening-to-opponents-of-Obamacare&)