PDA

View Full Version : Obama drone pilots filing killed Afghan children as dogs? Drone Pilot diagnosed with PTSD

enhanced_deficit
06-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Former drone operator says he's haunted by his part in more than 1,600 deaths

A former Air Force drone operator who says he participated in missions that killed more than 1,600 people remembers watching one of the first victims bleed to death.

Brandon Bryant says he was sitting in a chair at a Nevada Air Force base operating the camera when his team fired two missiles from their drone at three men walking down a road halfway around the world in Afghanistan. The missiles hit all three targets, and Bryant says he could see the aftermath on his computer screen – including thermal images of a growing puddle of hot blood.

“The guy that was running forward, he’s missing his right leg,” he recalled. “And I watch this guy bleed out and, I mean, the blood is hot.” As the man died his body grew cold, said Bryant, and his thermal image changed until he became the same color as the ground.

“I can see every little pixel,” said Bryant, who has been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder, “if I just close my eyes.”

A self-described “naïve” kid from a small Montana town, Bryant joined the Air Force in 2005 at age 19. After he scored well on tests, he said a recruiter told him that as a drone operator he would be like the smart guys in the control room in a James Bond movie, the ones who feed the agent the information he needs to complete his mission.
He trained for three and a half months before participating in his first drone mission. Bryant operated the drone’s cameras from his perch at Nellis Air Force base in Nevada as the drone rose into the air just north of Baghdad.

But he began to wonder who the enemy targets on the ground were, and whether they really posed a threat. He’s still not certain whether the three men in Afghanistan were really Taliban insurgents or just men with guns in a country where many people carry guns. The men were five miles from American forces arguing with each other when the first missile hit them.
“They (didn’t) seem to be in a hurry,” he recalled. “They (were) just doing their thing. ... They were probably carrying rifles, but I wasn't convinced that they were bad guys.“ But as a 21-year-old airman, said Bryant, he didn’t think he had the standing to ask questions.

He also remembers being convinced that he had seen a child scurry onto his screen during one mission just before a missile struck, despite assurances from others that the figure he’d seen was really a dog.

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/06/18787450-former-drone-operator-says-hes-haunted-by-his-part-in-more-than-1600-deaths?lite

Obama pup masters need to be asked tough questions on this. Did anyone bothered to go check if what was seen as child by this man and declared "dog" by drone lever pullers was a child? Or Obama drone teams are not in business of doing "body counts" when local civilians are involved like some previous cowbows?

PierzStyx
06-07-2013, 01:42 AM
He is right. People don't care. They refuse to see the blood on their hands, the evil done in their name and by their consent. WE get called crazy, but in a world gone mad it is the sane ones that are looked upon as insane.

enhanced_deficit
06-07-2013, 01:48 AM
Well the puppet of neocons did warn troops:

Obama: U.S. Troops in Afghanistan Must Do More Than Kill Civilians (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293187,00.html)

Warlord
06-07-2013, 05:34 AM
I knew they were done in Nevada but HOLLYWOOD didn't think so..

It's the old AREA 51 again... completely sealed off for miles to the public in the desert. God knows what they get up to there.

otherone
06-07-2013, 05:47 AM
“The guy that was running forward, he’s missing his right leg,” he recalled.

Huh?

enhanced_deficit
06-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Maybe its drone pixel graphic issue or he was dragging himself fast instead of running. Or was "running" using his hands. Unless Obama pupms relaesed the video under FOI, we might never know for sure.