PDA

View Full Version : Ingraham: We Should've Focused More On Patriot Act, Not Laughed Off Civil Libertarians

jct74
06-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Laura Ingraham: Maybe We Should Have Focused More On Patriot Act, Not ‘Laughed Off’ Civil Libertarians

by Evan McMurry | 8:40 pm, June 6th, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1eIGkb7Fqw

Addressing the NSA’s phone data grab on Bill O’Reilly’s show Thursday night, Laura Ingraham strayed into rethinking the haste with which the Patriot Act was passed in 2001.

“To be fair on the surveillance deal,” O’Reilly admitted, “it started under the Bush administration, apparently. It has continued and expanded under President Obama, with 121 million Americans being a part of Verizon deal. All our records are in the hands of the government. As we see in the IRS, anything can be leaked out to anybody. So maybe they didn’t listen to the calls, but they know who you called and how long you were on the phone with that person. That could be put out to any website any time they want.”

“It all started courtesy the Patriot Act,” Ingraham said. “A lot of civil libertarians at the time raised red flags, and they were laughed off. I didn’t focus that much, to tell you the truth, about the Patriot Act. I wish I had. I think that was a mistake.”

O’Reilly was quick to separate his support of the Patriot Act, which covers the NSA’s data grab revealed yesterday, from the Obama’s administration’s use of it. “I supported the Patriot Act, but I never thought that a warrant could cover every single American,” he said.

“We never think,” Igraham said. “The key thing is the FISA court is the Foreign Intelligence Act. Now it’s domestic.”

read more:
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/laura-ingraham-maybe-we-should-have-focused-more-on-patriot-act-not-laughed-off-civil-libertarians/

AlexAmore
06-06-2013, 11:47 PM
http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/exploringourmatrix/files/2013/01/wpid-Photo-Jan-22-2013-1035-PM.jpg

Sola_Fide
06-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Stay skeptical friends. A terrorist attack and an (R) in office will get the media class back on their normal tyrannical narrative.

Constitutional Paulicy
06-07-2013, 12:48 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/iOeVCqRsHQ5hsNZAcurg6vXSxzC958KePTwd4raPgNHLeD211S c5tMS7gVKWyp8fCqT4L7YfUMaBxHvEZsq3wqWc_XGO1nkMzSIw G4FRdIKXmmg2Yrd7UKAVKg

ObiRandKenobi
06-07-2013, 01:42 AM
Even when I agree with Bill I hate him.

Austrian Econ Disciple
06-07-2013, 02:17 AM
Of course they don't think, they do what they're told, and that is to parrot the party line like good lil, boot-licking soldiers. Your Neo-Con masters are evil incarnate and you two can go rot in the pit with them. Cheerios.

dillo
06-07-2013, 03:07 AM
and hence Ingram and Bill O now know what a slippery slope argument is

Mani
06-07-2013, 03:14 AM
and hence Ingram and Bill O now know what a slippery slope argument is

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!! "...but we never thought they would use it on us?????" NO FUCKING shit sherlock! That's the whole ARGUMENT Every time!!!

Occam's Banana
06-07-2013, 04:46 AM
O’Reilly was quick to separate his support of the Patriot Act, which covers the NSA’s data grab revealed yesterday, from the Obama’s administration’s use of it. “I supported the Patriot Act, but I never thought that a warrant could cover every single American,” he said.

Neat trick, that (sort of like separating "red" from "redness").

Bill should change his last name from O'Reilly to O'Btuse.

Working Poor
06-07-2013, 05:02 AM
I can't believe that nobody on the media knew this crap was going in this is just bizarre as hell.

BuddyRey
06-07-2013, 05:24 AM
Thank you, Captain Hindsight!

freejack
06-07-2013, 06:07 AM
Even when I agree with Bill I hate him.

You're not agreeing with Bill. He's agreeing with us.

Occam's Banana
06-07-2013, 06:09 AM
You're not agreeing with Bill. He's agreeing with us.

It still makes me feel "dirty."

And put a Republican administration that does exactly the same thing in the White House, and I'll betcha dollars to donuts Bill O. will suddenly find a whole buncha reasons why this sort of thing ain't so bad after all ...

DGambler
06-07-2013, 06:17 AM
I refuse to watch any Bill O'Reilly clip. He is an evil bastard.

Where the fuck were they when that evil bill was passed? Did they not have the ability then to look and it THEN and understand what it would become?

Lucille
06-07-2013, 08:18 AM
1:05: "We never think."

Truer words, Ingraham.

jllundqu
06-07-2013, 09:16 AM
What a freaking lying @#!%#@...

She has pushed the neocon agenda 100%... she should be strung up with the rest of the traitors.

**NSA Disclaimer - I do not intend to harm Laura Ingraham or any other traitor to this once great nation***

buck000
06-07-2013, 09:56 AM
I imagine if a (R) was in the White House, she'd be carrying his/her water for enhancing/expanding the Patriot Act, to protect us from turrurists.

TonySutton
06-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Someone should use that "We never think" clip and make a Ingraham medley of her stupid ideas followed by "we never think" over and over

VoluntaryAmerican
06-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Anybody who takes these two seriously after this is a moron.

V3n
06-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Anybody who takes these two seriously after this is a moron.

Or maybe she's starting to listen to the right voices...

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/p480x480/936116_10151517834921107_605820611_n.jpg

:)

Anti Federalist
06-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Thank you, Captain Hindsight!

And his sidekick, Colonel Obvious.

cajuncocoa
06-07-2013, 10:43 AM

And put a Republican administration that does exactly the same thing in the White House, and I'll betcha dollars to donuts Bill O. will suddenly find a whole buncha reasons why this sort of thing ain't so bad after all ...
Bingo. And of course, the Left would be talking impeachment again.

Anti Federalist
06-07-2013, 10:45 AM

“We never think,” Igraham said. “The key thing is the FISA court is the Foreign Intelligence Act. Now it’s domestic.”

So maybe, just maybe, the next time, you'll STFU and LISTEN instead of blabbering and bloviating about shit you have not thought about.

You have been fucking warned.

Pericles
06-07-2013, 10:47 AM
So maybe, just maybe, the next time, you'll STFU and LISTEN instead of blabbering and bloviating about shit you have not thought about.

Especially as being one of the talking heads of the tube, are alleged to be the thinkers of the society in which we live.

Schifference
06-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Fair and Balanced! No Spin Zone!

sailingaway
06-07-2013, 10:55 AM
http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/exploringourmatrix/files/2013/01/wpid-Photo-Jan-22-2013-1035-PM.jpg

yeah. She was uneasy about it, but not shouting out as needed. We need people to make a stink when things stink, frankly.

Origanalist
06-07-2013, 11:09 AM

Wishful thinking.

Anti Federalist
06-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Wishful thinking.

Oh, I know it is, we all know who these people are.

Origanalist
06-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Oh, I know it is, we all know who these people are.

File it under; "wouldn't it be nice......"

Anti Federalist
06-07-2013, 11:24 AM
File it under; "wouldn't it be nice......"

Yah, in that "Perfect World" filing cabinet.

Warlord
06-07-2013, 11:28 AM

It would be hell on earth if we had a Republican administration doing this now (of course they were doing it before).

We'd be called all kinds of names, people like Rand would be smeared and it would be vicious.

The whole hit parade of neocons would be defending it including DRUDGE.

sailingaway
06-07-2013, 11:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjAwIPElLCE

jtstellar
06-07-2013, 10:21 PM
meanwhile on another featured article on mediaite, the same website
When Wallace attempted to pivot to teasing his guests for this weekend’s edition of Fox News Sunday, Smith joked: “I can just watch through the phone, though, with the government. I don’t need a TV.”

“You’re in a mood,” Wallace replied before listing off his confirmed guests.

Instead of concluding the segment with a prompt goodbye, Smith then continued to ridicule the government’s snooping efforts with an over-the-top suggestion: “In Cuba, they give you a minder. I wonder when we’re getting minders? That would solve the unemployment problem. Hire a few hundred thousand minders to walk around with us all day!”

“Again, any time you want to trade your freedoms for those of the Chinese, there are millions of Chinese who’d agree with you” Wallace replied.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/shep-smith-lampoons-nsa-snooping-to-chris-wallace-fox-news-can-now-confirm-privacy-is-over/

so now when we need a reference and a sense of perspective when we evaluate the safeguard of our liberties, to what extent are options exhausted to protect them, how much is preserved, etc, etc, we use chinese as our counter example, and as long as we are not the chinese yet, we are ok. we sure are making progress in terms of a civilization.

Zarn Solen
06-07-2013, 11:35 PM
She has been very different lately. I am not going to condon or condemn. If she keeps saying the right thing, it is not going to bother me. I don't care who trashes our spying programs, as long as people are trashing it.

heavenlyboy34
06-08-2013, 12:24 AM

And put a Republican administration that does exactly the same thing in the White House, and I'll betcha dollars to donuts Bill O. will suddenly find a whole buncha reasons why this sort of thing ain't so bad after all ...Didn't watch it, but it's important to keep in mind that these shows are scripted. Obvious propaganda is obvious.

AlexAmore
06-08-2013, 12:49 AM
It would be hell on earth if we had a Republican administration doing this now (of course they were doing it before).

We'd be called all kinds of names, people like Rand would be smeared and it would be vicious.

The whole hit parade of neocons would be defending it including DRUDGE.

Just like Michael Moore would be poor-nobody-loser if it weren't for Bush. Now he's an influential millionaire. Thank god Rand Paul's in the right place at the right time.

DamianTV
06-08-2013, 02:39 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/iOeVCqRsHQ5hsNZAcurg6vXSxzC958KePTwd4raPgNHLeD211S c5tMS7gVKWyp8fCqT4L7YfUMaBxHvEZsq3wqWc_XGO1nkMzSIw G4FRdIKXmmg2Yrd7UKAVKg

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVFK8ri4mxM1XBUcASC6j_V6nqmCwX1 kh4kBGqMEfivGsXQXDqf_ViViOb_Q

Fixed! :p

anaconda
06-08-2013, 02:46 AM
Ingraham senses the winds of change and isn't going to miss out.

anaconda
06-08-2013, 02:49 AM
One of the top Ron Paul interviews ever, with Ms. Ingraham in her formative neocon phase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNHYhTySro4

heavenlyboy34
06-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Ingraham senses the winds of change and isn't going to miss out.
Or her writers do.

georgiaboy
06-08-2013, 12:22 PM
One of the top Ron Paul interviews ever, with Ms. Ingraham in her formative neocon phase:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNHYhTySro4

Great to hear this one again. Really, really good.

I too have noticed recently Laura is throwing all sorts of love Rand's way. She was on Rubio's case bigtime for the immigration bill. As with all these folks now, I'm always 'verify then trust', not 'trust then verify'. Never again will I take at face value what a so-called 'conservative' talk show host says.

puppetmaster
06-08-2013, 12:58 PM
You are a stupid gulllible fuck William O,Reilly

anaconda
06-08-2013, 03:51 PM
You are a stupid gulllible fuck William O,Reilly

Given that O'Reilly "never thought this was possible" then I guess he is now officially on the record with admitting that governments cannot be trusted with our civil liberties and that legislation that encroaches upon them is BAD. Let's hold him to it.

PreDeadMan
06-08-2013, 06:20 PM
How come they pretend to figure it out when the other party is in power lol? it's suck a fucking joke hahaha