PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul told me to push for Glenn Jacobs to run for US Senate:

Matt Collins
06-06-2013, 06:22 PM
http://reason.com/blog/2013/06/06/ron-paul-would-like-to-see-glenn-jacobs

Debbie Downer
06-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Sure he did, Collins.

Matt Collins
06-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Sure he did, Collins.

I've got the e-mails to prove it.

T.hill
06-06-2013, 07:29 PM
How open is he to running?

sluggo
06-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Is this the press release?

Bastiat's The Law
06-06-2013, 07:46 PM
He should run. Worst case scenario he gets his name out there for the future.

economics102
06-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Matt: silly question, maybe, but how does it work when you decide to publicly share something Ron said to you? Do you ask his permission first or just use your own judgment?

Here's what I would tell Glenn: it's not about whether you think you WILL win. The fact that there's decent odds you COULD win is the reason you should run.

Matt Collins
06-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Matt: silly question, maybe, but how does it work when you decide to publicly share something Ron said to you? Do you ask his permission first or just use your own judgment?Ron's the one who encouraged me to share it.

Michael Landon
06-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Has he ever encouraged you to share this thoughts on me running for Congress in northern Minnesota?

- ML

economics102
06-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Ron's the one who encouraged me to share it.

Ah, cool.

Go Glenn!

MelissaWV
06-06-2013, 08:31 PM
He appeared to Matt in a tortilla.

phill4paul
06-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Jesse vs. Kane. Ring match. WWE. Winner take all. 14 million viewers.

Matt Collins
06-07-2013, 08:29 AM
How open is he to running?I don't speak for Glenn ;)

TaftFan
06-07-2013, 08:31 AM
The Collins better be name dropping other liberty candidates too!

Cough, Greg Brannon, Cough.

green73
06-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Collins, you were born to be a bureaucrat.

lib3rtarian
06-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the info, Collins. I hope you get Glenn to run.

compromise
06-07-2013, 08:57 AM
I don't speak for Glenn ;)

Yes you do. You speak for him, Ron and Rand, who are all your closest friends.

Bastiat's The Law
06-07-2013, 09:06 AM
The Collins better be name dropping other liberty candidates too!

Cough, Greg Brannon, Cough.
Absolutely!

Bastiat's The Law
06-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Collins, you were born to be a bureaucrat.
Or a horse jockey.

Warlord
06-07-2013, 09:20 AM
You don't need to "prove" anything Collins. Even Warlord's in mountainous regions deem your word good enough.

I do think Jacobs would make it a race but as said previously it's not an open seat so totally different to 2010 and Rand.

TN Republicans who are "too nice" might not want to dump Lamar who they have been electing since the 80's. It will depend on how they feel and how much time he can devote to this and of course whether the strategy of selling his candidacy ultimately works.

Your anecdotal of people at the store or even local Tea Party groups are not good enough to base any judgement on when your talking about a state with 2 million+ voters

green73
06-07-2013, 10:03 AM
Or a horse jockey.

http://i.imgur.com/TLjWNHA.png

Brian4Liberty
06-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Has he ever encouraged you to share this thoughts on me running for Congress in northern Minnesota?

- ML

He told me you should go for it.

Matt Collins
06-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Here's what I would tell Glenn: it's not about whether you think you WILL win. The fact that there's decent odds you COULD win is the reason you should run.I concur

Brian4Liberty
06-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Glenn better get in with this project ASAP.

BEAT LAMAR Launches Door to Door Campaign to Defeat Alexander with ‘A Ted Cruz from Tennessee’

Lamar Alexander
Republican primary
Tennessee

By CHQ Staff | 6/10/13

June 10, 2013

Spring Hill, Tennessee – Michael Patrick Leahy, co-founder of the BEAT LAMAR project, announced on Monday that the door to door campaign to canvas Republican primary voters to defeat Senator Lamar Alexander will begin this Saturday, June 15, more than one year before the August 2014 primary election.
“We intend to contact 750,000 Tennessee Republican primary voters in person by knocking on their doors long before election day,” Leahy said. “Voters in Tennessee are conservative. Lamar Alexander’s voting record is moderate to liberal, at best. He does not represent the values of Tennessee voters in numerous issues—from his support for crony capitalist green energy projects, to his failure to stand up to repeal Obamacare, to his unwillingness to come out and aggressively oppose the dreadful Gang of Eight bill that will grant amnesty to 30 million illegal aliens. We’ve also seen recently that he has failed to withdraw his own praise for US Attorney from the East Tennessee District William Killian, the man who wants to stifle freedom of speech and promote Muslim culture over every other aspect of American culture.”

On Saturday, the BEAT LAMAR project will welcome grassroots volunteers to two locations in the state at 9 am for brief training and some door to door canvassing. Project co-founder Leahy will meet volunteers at the O’Charley’s parking lot in Spring Hill, which will be the base of operations for canvassing in Maury County. BEAT LAMAR co-founder Lorie Medina, and Memphis Tea Party activist Lynn Moss will meet volunteers at 10am in Collierville, which will be the base of operations for canvassing in Shelby County.

Volunteers from around the state will gather at these two locations. “Every volunteer will receive a BEAT LAMAR t-shirt as a thank you until we run out of them,” said co-founder Medina.

“Our purpose,” said Leahy, “is to build a conservative ground game capability that will be ready to spring into action when we find that Ted Cruz style candidate who we know will support constitutional conservative values in the Senate, unlike Lamar Alexander.”

Leahy addressed the process by which Tea Party activists, liberty movement supporters, and the BEAT LAMAR project will select the one candidate their powerful grassroots ‘Army of Davids’ will endorse. “In October, we’ll hold candidate forums in five areas of the state—Nashville, Memphis, Chattanooga, Knoxville, and Tri-Cities. We’ll invite any candidate who wants our endorsement to make their case in these forums. Based on the candidate’s track record, personal character, and adherence to constitutional conservative principles, we’ll pick the one candidate who emerges as Tennessee’s version of Ted Cruz, someone who will stand with Rand Paul of Kentucky and Mike Lee of Utah in the Senate.”

Leahy said the BEAT LAMAR project will have a straw poll at each of the 5 candidate forums. We will use a “weighted voting model” in the candidate endorsement process. “We want to provide an incentive for volunteers to start knocking on doors right away,” he said. “So we’ll use a weighted voting model in our endorsement process. We don’t have all the mechanics confirmed yet, but it will look something like this. Anyone who attends a forum will get one vote. Anyone who’s knocked on 100 doors will get a second vote. Thereafter, volunteers will get one more vote for every 500 doors they knock on. We want the volunteers who are doing the hard work and are closer to Tennessee’s Republican primary voters by talking to them on their doorsteps to be the people that have more influence in selecting a viable conservative Senate challenger.”

http://www.conservativehq.com/article/13766-beat-lamar-launches-door-door-campaign-defeat-alexander-‘-ted-cruz-tennessee’

Krzysztof Lesiak
06-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Someone should set up a Facebook draft page.