PDA

View Full Version : Here is why the Verizon issue, and other atrocities, are coming to light now.

Anti Federalist
06-06-2013, 04:17 PM
The new NSA facility in Utah came online a few months ago.

All of this "meta data" that is being siphoned up will tie into this system.

Every piece of electronic data out there will be processed and monitored by government, any "blanks" or "suspicious behavior", will increasingly start getting flagged by this system, passed in real time to the FedCoat Fusion centers and then to local law enforcement for action.

Traffic light cameras, facial recognition cameras, all financial, all internet, all phone, all GPS tracking data, all of it, yottabytes of it, daily, will all flow through The Matrix.

This is Total Information Awareness. You remember that, right? The system that government said it shut down?

And soon, within the next five years or so, Boobus will discover that he did, most certainly, have something to hide.

And I will have zero pity when he is dragged off to prison, or worse.

Freedom is now, officially, dead.

Never Say Anything is fucking right.

What next folks?

The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say)

By James Bamford
7:24 PM

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/wp-content/gallery/20-04/ff_nsadatacenter_f.jpg

The spring air in the small, sand-dusted town has a soft haze to it, and clumps of green-gray sagebrush rustle in the breeze. Bluffdale sits in a bowl-shaped valley in the shadow of Utah’s Wasatch Range to the east and the Oquirrh Mountains to the west. It’s the heart of Mormon country, where religious pioneers first arrived more than 160 years ago. They came to escape the rest of the world, to understand the mysterious words sent down from their god as revealed on buried golden plates, and to practice what has become known as “the principle,” marriage to multiple wives.
Magazine2004

Today Bluffdale is home to one of the nation’s largest sects of polygamists, the Apostolic United Brethren, with upwards of 9,000 members. The brethren’s complex includes a chapel, a school, a sports field, and an archive. Membership has doubled since 1978—and the number of plural marriages has tripled—so the sect has recently been looking for ways to purchase more land and expand throughout the town.

But new pioneers have quietly begun moving into the area, secretive outsiders who say little and keep to themselves. Like the pious polygamists, they are focused on deciphering cryptic messages that only they have the power to understand. Just off Beef Hollow Road, less than a mile from brethren headquarters, thousands of hard-hatted construction workers in sweat-soaked T-shirts are laying the groundwork for the newcomers’ own temple and archive, a massive complex so large that it necessitated expanding the town’s boundaries. Once built, it will be more than five times the size of the US Capitol.

Rather than Bibles, prophets, and worshippers, this temple will be filled with servers, computer intelligence experts, and armed guards. And instead of listening for words flowing down from heaven, these newcomers will be secretly capturing, storing, and analyzing vast quantities of words and images hurtling through the world’s telecommunications networks. In the little town of Bluffdale, Big Love and Big Brother have become uneasy neighbors.
The NSA has become the largest, most covert, and potentially most intrusive intelligence agency ever.

Under construction by contractors with top-secret clearances, the blandly named Utah Data Center is being built for the National Security Agency. A project of immense secrecy, it is the final piece in a complex puzzle assembled over the past decade. Its purpose: to intercept, decipher, analyze, and store vast swaths of the world’s communications as they zap down from satellites and zip through the underground and undersea cables of international, foreign, and domestic networks. The heavily fortified $2 billion center should be up and running in September 2013. Flowing through its servers and routers and stored in near-bottomless databases will be all forms of communication, including the complete contents of private emails, cell phone calls, and Google searches, as well as all sorts of personal data trails—parking receipts, travel itineraries, bookstore purchases, and other digital “pocket litter.” It is, in some measure, the realization of the “total information awareness” program created during the first term of the Bush administration—an effort that was killed by Congress in 2003 after it caused an outcry over its potential for invading Americans’ privacy.

But “this is more than just a data center,” says one senior intelligence official who until recently was involved with the program. The mammoth Bluffdale center will have another important and far more secret role that until now has gone unrevealed. It is also critical, he says, for breaking codes. And code-breaking is crucial, because much of the data that the center will handle—financial information, stock transactions, business deals, foreign military and diplomatic secrets, legal documents, confidential personal communications—will be heavily encrypted. According to another top official also involved with the program, the NSA made an enormous breakthrough several years ago in its ability to cryptanalyze, or break, unfathomably complex encryption systems employed by not only governments around the world but also many average computer users in the US. The upshot, according to this official: “Everybody’s a target; everybody with communication is a target.”

For the NSA, overflowing with tens of billions of dollars in post-9/11 budget awards, the cryptanalysis breakthrough came at a time of explosive growth, in size as well as in power. Established as an arm of the Department of Defense following Pearl Harbor, with the primary purpose of preventing another surprise assault, the NSA suffered a series of humiliations in the post-Cold War years. Caught offguard by an escalating series of terrorist attacks—the first World Trade Center bombing, the blowing up of US embassies in East Africa, the attack on the USS Cole in Yemen, and finally the devastation of 9/11—some began questioning the agency’s very reason for being. In response, the NSA has quietly been reborn. And while there is little indication that its actual effectiveness has improved—after all, despite numerous pieces of evidence and intelligence-gathering opportunities, it missed the near-disastrous attempted attacks by the underwear bomber on a flight to Detroit in 2009 and by the car bomber in Times Square in 2010—there is no doubt that it has transformed itself into the largest, most covert, and potentially most intrusive intelligence agency ever created.

In the process—and for the first time since Watergate and the other scandals of the Nixon administration—the NSA has turned its surveillance apparatus on the US and its citizens. It has established listening posts throughout the nation to collect and sift through billions of email messages and phone calls, whether they originate within the country or overseas. It has created a supercomputer of almost unimaginable speed to look for patterns and unscramble codes. Finally, the agency has begun building a place to store all the trillions of words and thoughts and whispers captured in its electronic net. And, of course, it’s all being done in secret. To those on the inside, the old adage that NSA stands for Never Say Anything applies more than ever.

RickyJ
06-06-2013, 04:23 PM
I have to wonder why they waste so much money on stuff like this when it is all on facebook for them to read. :D

Uriel999
06-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Once again...Dear NSA....Go hang yourselves you fascist fucks.

UWDude
06-06-2013, 04:41 PM
I think this story was leaked, so everyone will be reminded that big brother is watching them.

I wonder how much a FEMA camp guard job pays.

I could possibly take it up.
And all the people inside would be telling me how they got locked up for criticizing the government, and how it is unconstitutional the government spied on them, and how they can't believe it.

And I'd shout down from the guard tower, "I know, I figured that out long ago, that's why I decided to join them. Better to be up here with no surprises, then down there... ...and I tried to warn your dumb asses for decades. Now get back to work on that sluice flooring. Your freedom is just on the other side of that rubber curtain."

Seriously... ..I am actually trying to learn to hate the masses. Because all I have done out of love for them has been nihilistic and empty, and gained me only grief and ridicule. And I look around, and see who they are, and realize they do not deserve salvation. I feel like Lot pleading one last time, and realizing how futile it is.

Lucille
06-06-2013, 04:56 PM
“We Are This Far From A Turnkey Totalitarian State" - Big Brother Goes Live September 2013
www.zerohedge.com/news/“we-are-far-turnkey-totalitarian-state-big-brother-goes-live-september-2013

In its April cover story, Wired has an exclusive report on the NSA's Utah Data Center, which is a must read for anyone who believes any privacy is still a possibility in the United States: "A project of immense secrecy, it is the final piece in a complex puzzle assembled over the past decade. Its purpose: to intercept, decipher, analyze, and store vast swaths of the world’s communications as they zap down from satellites and zip through the underground and undersea cables of international, foreign, and domestic networks.... Flowing through its servers and routers and stored in near-bottomless databases will be all forms of communication, including the complete contents of private emails, cell phone calls, and Google searches, as well as all sorts of personal data trails—parking receipts, travel itineraries, bookstore purchases, and other digital “pocket litter.”... The heavily fortified $2 billion center should be up and running in September 2013." In other words, in just over 1 year, virtually anything one communicates through any traceable medium, or any record of one's existence in the electronic medium, which these days is everything, will unofficially be property of the US government to deal with as it sees fit.

The codename of the project: Stellar Wind.

As Wired says, "there is no doubt that it has transformed itself into the largest, most covert, and potentially most intrusive intelligence agency ever created."

And as former NSA operative William Binney who was a senior NSA crypto-mathematician, and is the basis for the Wired article (which we guess makes him merely the latest whistleblower to step up: is America suddenly experiencing an ethical revulsion?), and quit his job only after he realized that the NSA is now openly trampling the constitution, says as he holds his thumb and forefinger close together. "We are, like, that far from a turnkey totalitarian state."
[...]
Everyone is a target.

The scope of surveillance expands from there, Binney says. Once a name is entered into the Narus database, all phone calls and other communications to and from that person are automatically routed to the NSA’s recorders. “Anybody you want, route to a recorder,” Binney says. “If your number’s in there? Routed and gets recorded.” He adds, “The Narus device allows you to take it all.” And when Bluffdale is completed, whatever is collected will be routed there for storage and analysis.

After he left the NSA, Binney suggested a system for monitoring people’s communications according to how closely they are connected to an initial target. The further away from the target—say you’re just an acquaintance of a friend of the target—the less the surveillance. But the agency rejected the idea, and, given the massive new storage facility in Utah, Binney suspects that it now simply collects everything. “The whole idea was, how do you manage 20 terabytes of intercept a minute?” he says. “The way we proposed was to distinguish between things you want and things you don’t want.” Instead, he adds, “they’re storing everything they gather.” And the agency is gathering as much as it can.

Once the communications are intercepted and stored, the data-mining begins. “You can watch everybody all the time with data- mining,” Binney says. Everything a person does becomes charted on a graph, “financial transactions or travel or anything,” he says. Thus, as data like bookstore receipts, bank statements, and commuter toll records flow in, the NSA is able to paint a more and more detailed picture of someone’s life.
[...]
Can you hear me now? The NSA sure can:

According to Binney, one of the deepest secrets of the Stellar Wind program—again, never confirmed until now—was that the NSA gained warrantless access to AT&T’s vast trove of domestic and international billing records, detailed information about who called whom in the US and around the world. As of 2007, AT&T had more than 2.8 trillion records housed in a database at its Florham Park, New Jersey, complex.

Verizon was also part of the program, Binney says, and that greatly expanded the volume of calls subject to the agency’s domestic eavesdropping. “That multiplies the call rate by at least a factor of five,” he says. “So you’re over a billion and a half calls a day.” (Spokespeople for Verizon and AT&T said their companies would not comment on matters of national security.)

In fact, as you talk now, the NSA's computers are listening, recording it all, and looking for keywords.

The NSA also has the ability to eavesdrop on phone calls directly and in real time. According to Adrienne J. Kinne, who worked both before and after 9/11 as a voice interceptor at the NSA facility in Georgia, in the wake of the World Trade Center attacks “basically all rules were thrown out the window, and they would use any excuse to justify a waiver to spy on Americans.” Even journalists calling home from overseas were included. “A lot of time you could tell they were calling their families,” she says, “incredibly intimate, personal conversations.” Kinne found the act of eavesdropping on innocent fellow citizens personally distressing. “It’s almost like going through and finding somebody’s diary,” she says.
[...]
Asked how many communications—”transactions,” in NSA’s lingo—the agency has intercepted since 9/11, Binney estimates the number at “between 15 and 20 trillion, the aggregate over 11 years.”

Anti Federalist
06-06-2013, 05:19 PM
I think this story was leaked, so everyone will be reminded that big brother is watching them.

I wonder how much a FEMA camp guard job pays.

I could possibly take it up.
And all the people inside would be telling me how they got locked up for criticizing the government, and how it is unconstitutional the government spied on them, and how they can't believe it.

And I'd shout down from the guard tower, "I know, I figured that out long ago, that's why I decided to join them. Better to be up here with no surprises, then down there... ...and I tried to warn your dumb asses for decades. Now get back to work on that sluice flooring. Your freedom is just on the other side of that rubber curtain."

Seriously... ..I am actually trying to learn to hate the masses. Because all I have done out of love for them has been nihilistic and empty, and gained me only grief and ridicule. And I look around, and see who they are, and realize they do not deserve salvation. I feel like Lot pleading one last time, and realizing how futile it is.

Well stated.

I know exactly how you feel.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Well stated.

I know exactly how you feel.

However at one time, we were them.

georgiaboy
06-06-2013, 05:42 PM
And guess what else?

By collecting all the data on everyone, an interesting pattern will also emerge -- a list of those who have chosen to let their logins go silent, to abandon their accounts, opt-out, etc., for privacy's sake.

And you'll be added to a new list.

Ain't it fun. Ron Paul 2016.

torchbearer
06-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Once again...Dear NSA....Go hang yourselves you fascist fucks.

I don't even get the joy of reporting you.
Your post has already been data mined and sent via word filter to the appropriate threat folder.

shane77m
06-06-2013, 06:02 PM
And people think I am paranoid for no good reason. I am starting to feel like Burt Gummer.

Reason
06-06-2013, 06:14 PM
I am really really surprised.

I thought the NSA meant "no sexytime allowed"

:confused:

torchbearer
06-06-2013, 06:16 PM
And people think I am paranoid for no good reason. I am starting to feel like Burt Gummer.

people think i'm Nostradamus just because i saw this shit coming way before they did...
my coworkers say all angry.."can you believe all this IRS/NSA/DHS stuff... etc?", i don't even show emotion anymore.
i ask them, 'how long you think this has been going on?'
they are really pissed now.
and i get no joy out of being redeemed.

jonhowe
06-06-2013, 06:21 PM
This is all a ploy to get the USPS back in the black. They can't scan sealed letters for key words, so people will start to go back to sending them physically.

shane77m
06-06-2013, 06:22 PM
people think i'm Nostradamus just because i saw this shit coming way before they did...
my coworkers say all angry.."can you believe all this IRS/NSA/DHS stuff... etc?", i don't even show emotion anymore.
i ask them, 'how long you think this has been going on?'
they are really pissed now.
and i get no joy out of being redeemed.

At work some people were saying the token line "if you have nothing to hide....."
I wonder if they will be saying that in the FEMA camp, police home invasion, roadside stripsearch, etc?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110530235956/bakugan/images/1/1b/Double_facepalm_lg.jpg

torchbearer
06-06-2013, 06:28 PM
At work some people were saying the token line "if you have nothing to hide....."
I wonder if they will be saying that in the FEMA camp, police home invasion, roadside stripsearch, etc?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110530235956/bakugan/images/1/1b/Double_facepalm_lg.jpg

i seem to influence people i'm around enough...
its not really a concious effort, but i haven't really done it with honey.
i have verbally destroyed my coworkers during the last presidential election.
i challenged every stupid thing that came out of their mouth.
I ridiculed the naive, and praised those who took the time to learn.
I call it the 'brick to the face' method. and it takes time, because no one likes a brick in the face.
of course, toughness and such is prized amongst the males of our local tribes.

moostraks
06-06-2013, 06:42 PM
And guess what else?

By collecting all the data on everyone, an interesting pattern will also emerge -- a list of those who have chosen to let their logins go silent, to abandon their accounts, opt-out, etc., for privacy's sake.

And you'll be added to a new list.

Ain't it fun. Ron Paul 2016.

Yeah, I learned after my dealings with government how to deal with the system in a manner that doesn't give them so much of an ability to paint us in a poor light. Unfortunately, being a private person is seen as a means to go after you to find what you have to hide or portray what they wish you were hiding when they don't find anything juicy enough to feed their sick story lines off of so I now learn to live in plain sight and give them less ammunition to use against me. I hate what they have forced me to feel the need to do but I'll be damned if I will willingly let them easily control the storyline if there's a next time...

tangent4ronpaul
06-06-2013, 06:59 PM
I am really really surprised.

I thought the NSA meant "no sexytime allowed"

:confused:

No Such Agency

-t

puppetmaster
06-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Surprised the Mormons let this in their state.

A Son of Liberty
06-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Disappointed, AF. I thought for sure you'd know the answer right away... the reason the Verizon issue is coming to light now is Fuck You. And you'll like it, too. And if you don't, perhaps I can show you something in a fuck you anyway?

phill4paul
06-06-2013, 07:43 PM
This is a system test. One that will go by every American. It's not here yet. Once upon a time I thought in generations. Lifetimes. THIS is upon us. Here and now.

Anti Federalist
06-06-2013, 08:02 PM
This is a system test. One that will go by every American. It's not here yet. Once upon a time I thought in generations. Lifetimes. THIS is upon us. Here and now.

The glove is off the iron fist.

When will it hit?

phill4paul
06-06-2013, 08:05 PM
The glove is off the iron fist.

When will it hit?

Easily within the next decade. I've seen what can happen between 2001 and now. Ten years. Tops.

Anti Federalist
06-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Disappointed, AF. I thought for sure you'd know the answer right away... the reason the Verizon issue is coming to light now is Fuck You. And you'll like it, too. And if you don't, perhaps I can show you something in a fuck you anyway?

What the hell was I thinking?

Anti Federalist
06-06-2013, 08:11 PM
No Such Agency

-t

Never Say Anything

Uriel999
06-07-2013, 01:21 PM
I don't even get the joy of reporting you.
Your post has already been data mined and sent via word filter to the appropriate threat folder.

You could go ahead and do it anyways. It might at least bring some comfort.