PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Greenwald to Obama Administration: Bring It, Bullies!

Warlord
06-06-2013, 12:51 PM
John Nolte

After publishing a major scoop (and embarrassing the American media) about the Obama administration's shocking overreach with the seizing of the records of every Verizon cell phone user, The Guardian's Glenn Greenwald remains defiant in the face of what is sure to come next: a DOJ investigation into how Greenwald obtained the information:

Glenn Greenwald ✔ @ggreenwald

Dear DOJ: your bullying tactics will scare some sources, but they embolden others, who realize what USG is becoming http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/06/doj-guardian-leak-investigation_n_3395735.html?1370525438

Hopefully, our lazy, corrupt, lapdog media that has thus far failed to break even a single one of these Obama scandals, will back Greenwald and maybe even flex their own atrophied investigative skills (five years is a long time) and find out if maybe just perhaps other cell phone companies are playing along?

By the way, kudos to Greenwald. The difference between a liberal and a leftist is Glenn Greenwald.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/06/06/Glenn-Greenwald-to-Obama-Administration-Bring-It-Bullies

angelatc
06-06-2013, 12:55 PM
You know, thanks to the things I learn from Ron Paul Forums, I feel like I'm about 10 years ahead of the GOP.

The difference between a liberal and a leftist is Glenn Greenwald.

Can you imagine hearing that when Booosh was in office though?

Spikender
06-06-2013, 02:53 PM
From the comments:

kraychik • 4 hours ago −
Kudos to Greenwald for this story, yes. But he's no liberal in the classical sense. He regularly parrots the leftist anti-American narrative of American foreign policy resulting in "blowback", i.e. 9/11 was understandable because America is oh-so-mean to Arabs/Muslims.

Just had to share this. I hear and see this all the time, but I still can hardly believe how ignorant some people are of our involvement in the Middle East.

Warlord
06-06-2013, 04:02 PM
From the comments:

Just had to share this. I hear and see this all the time, but I still can hardly believe how ignorant some people are of our involvement in the Middle East.

This is a good rebuke to the "it's an anti-american"

Limbaugh was even more misleading when he screeched and whined over and over that Scheuer supposedly said that "It’s the United States’ fault!" "It’s America’s fault!" No, Rush, it’s not "America’s" fault. It is the fault of the several dozen or so political connivers, liars, manipulators and empire builders who call themselves "statesmen." The average American never has anything whatsoever to do with the "diplomacy" that gets us into never-ending, perpetual wars for perpetual peace. As Randolph Bourne wrote in his famous essay, "War is the Health of the State," [A]ll foreign policy, the diplomatic negotiations which produce or forestall war, are . . . the private property of the Executive part of the Government, and are equally exposed to no check whatever from popular bodies, or the people voting as a mass themselves."

It is not "America" that is responsible for the killing of hundreds or thousands of Muslim civilians with drone strikes or other weapons of mass destruction. War always originates, wrote Bourne, when "the government, with no mandate from the people, without consultation of the people, conducts all the negotiations, the backing and filling, the menaces and explanations, which slowly bring it into collision with some other government, and gently and irresistibly slides the country into war" (emphasis added). Contrary to what Limbaugh insinuates and what Barack Obama has similarly declared, the government is not us. The government is the government; it is the largest instrument of organized plunder ever known to man. We are the plundered, duped, and misled into catastrophic, bankrupting war after war that has nothing to do with "national defense."

http://lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo253.html

VoluntaryAmerican
06-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Here's the Greenwald article if anyone is interested:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/06/us-tech-giants-nsa-data

Warlord
06-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Greenwald is on Piers Morgan and Lawrence O'Donnell lol... wonder if Lawrence is going to act as an apologist for the regime again

TERRORISM!