PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Graham dismisses NSA Verizon surveillance, "Rand Paul's World"

jct74
06-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Sen. Graham dismisses NSA Verizon surveillance, "Rand Paul's World"

Published: June 6, 2013
By William Douglas — McClatchy Washington Bureau

When told that Republican Sen. Rand Paul called the revelation of the not-so-new, congressionally-approved collection of phone records of Verizon customers by the National Security Agency "an astounding assault on the Constitution," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., rolled his eyes, sighed, and apologized in advance for getting so worked up about the remark from junior senator from Kentucky and possible 2016 presidential candidate.

"Sen. Rand Paul, he's a libertarian, and in Rand Paul's world you have almost no defenses against terrorists," Graham said. "In Rand Paul's world, you can't hold somebody for questioning who's been involved in an attack on our country. The drone program has saved thousands of lives, our soldiers can't go to the border regions, nobody is talking about armed drones flying around the United States because you don't need them, but if you need to use force to prevent a terrorist attack in the United States, you have the legal authority to do it."

Graham said he respects Paul, who recently knotted up the Senate with a filibuster in which he warned against the domestic use of military drones, but "I see the threat to our nation differently" than Paul.

"I see the threat to the average American, radical Islam coming to our backyard trying to destroy our way of life. He sees the threat (from) the government that's trying to stop the attack. I'm more threatened by the radical islamists than I am the government agencies who are trying to protect us," Graham added. "These people are Americans, too. They have families. The people that run the drone program are not SS officers. So the one thing about Senator Paul that gets me going a bit is that he thinks that the people running these programs somehow don't care about civil liberties and are a bunch of Nazis, they're not. They are patriotic Americans."

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/06/06/2668172/sen-graham-dismisses-verizon-surveillance.html

Aratus
06-06-2013, 11:30 AM
i see lindsey is in rarified form

he's gotten more irritatingly vile

as of late, like almost as if he's

now contemplating a potus run

economics102
06-06-2013, 12:11 PM
In Rand Paul's world, you can't hold somebody for questioning who's been involved in an attack on our country.

In Lindsey Graham's world, we would have sent Kevin Curtis (the Elvis impersonator accused of mailing Ricin) to Guantanamo, and if he didn't have the good fortune that the police caught on to Everett Dutschke's trail, Curtis would have stayed in Guantanamo...indefinitely.

If Lindsey Graham has to spy on you, abduct you, lock you in a secret prison and torture you to keep you safe, he's willing to do it.

Don't you feel so much safer knowing Lindsey Graham is willing to stop at nothing to protect you?

economics102
06-06-2013, 12:12 PM
now contemplating a potus run

Lindsey draws out the neocon position as the monstrous thing that it is. I would rather our libety candidates face off against him than against neocons-in-conservative skin.

Kotin
06-06-2013, 12:13 PM
saying that the drone program saved thousands of lives makes me cringe.. graham and mccain must go before the senate republicans can ever get back to where they need to be.. I honestly hate both of them so much.

Warlord
06-06-2013, 12:24 PM
saying that the drone program saved thousands of lives makes me cringe.. graham and mccain must go before the senate republicans can ever get back to where they need to be.. I honestly hate both of them so much.

The drones in Pakistan have killed 3,500 people and about 200 children.. The most recent one has been responsible for the Taliban calling off a peace treaty with the Pakistan government which will lead to much bloodshed, car bombs and endless violence. Yeah saved so much. Well done Graham/Obama.

acptulsa
06-06-2013, 01:01 PM
"I see the threat to the average American, radical Islam coming to our backyard trying to destroy our way of life. He sees the threat (from) the government that's trying to stop the attack. I'm more threatened by the radical islamists than I am the government agencies who are trying to protect us," Graham added.

Then you're an idiot, Graham, or a member of the Privileged Class spewing propaganda. Radical Islamists are a bunch of powerless, hunted people half a world away. Our own government is an over-empowered bunch of thugs right here at home.

"These people are Americans, too. They have families. The people that run the drone program are not SS officers.

And what the propagandis--er, I mean senator does not say is that SS officers also had something in common with the majority of their victims--they were all Germans--and most SS officers had families.

Hell, "Sybil"s mother had a family...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybil_(book)

So, they're Americans and we shouldn't worry, because Americans can do no wrong. Yet Germans are capable of it. And if you search our roots, you'll find that the majority of Americans are German-Americans.

sluggo
06-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Fuck you, Lindsey.

twomp
06-06-2013, 02:02 PM
"I see the threat to the average American, radical Islam coming to our backyard trying to destroy our way of life. He sees the threat (from) the government that's trying to stop the attack. I'm more threatened by the radical islamists than I am the government agencies who are trying to protect us," Graham added.

You mean "radical islamists" that your buddy John McCain was taking pictures with recently? In Lindsey's world, John McCain should be sitting in Guantanamo right now but he isn't is he. Hypocrite.

dannno
06-06-2013, 02:09 PM
"I see the threat to the average American, radical Islam coming to our backyard trying to destroy our way of life. He sees the threat (from) the government that's trying to stop the attack. I'm more threatened by the radical islamists than I am the government agencies who are trying to protect us," Graham added. "These people are Americans, too. They have families. The people that run the drone program are not SS officers. So the one thing about Senator Paul that gets me going a bit is that he thinks that the people running these programs somehow don't care about civil liberties and are a bunch of Nazis, they're not. They are patriotic Americans."

SS officers were German, they had families and were very patriotic.

Czolgosz
06-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Lindsey is going to bat for his MiC owners, wants that good retirement plan.

Lindsey. lol

PSYOP
06-06-2013, 02:14 PM
WILL SOMEONE HANG THIS MAN FOR TREASON!

Mr.NoSmile
06-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Nancy Mace, or whomever runs her Twitter page, retweeted the article.

https://twitter.com/nancymace

Occam's Banana
06-06-2013, 05:27 PM
That was all, "Terrists! Rawr! Rawr! Rawr! 'Murrica! Fuck, yeah! Don't you dare disagree with me, you terrist-lovin' 'Murrica-fuckers!"

He manages to completely avoid any treatment of the actual subject (the NSA/Verizon issue).

The Joker was right. We deserve a better class of criminal.

VoluntaryAmerican
06-06-2013, 05:47 PM
shoddy reporting.. no comment from Rand or his people... seems they didn't even ask.

James Madison
06-06-2013, 05:52 PM
SS officers were German, they had families and were very patriotic.

And that's where the biggest danger of all lies. Change 'SS officers' to any branch of the military and 'German' to American, and you'll see why we have far more in common with our 'greatest enemies' than we think. It also means we, as a nation, are capable of equal or greater evil.

You could also sub in 'terrorists' and 'Arab' and it would be a true statement.

satchelmcqueen
06-06-2013, 06:22 PM
this guy makes me sick

Brett85
06-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Lindsey Graham's world is apparently no Bill of Rights and no constraints on government power whatsoever. According to Graham that's supposedly the "conservative" perspective.