PDA

View Full Version : New York bill would make it a crime to ‘annoy’ police

RonPaulFanInGA
06-06-2013, 10:06 AM
http://www.copblock.org/34168/new-york-bill-would-make-it-a-crime-to-annoy-police/

green73
06-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Better Smile at Officer Friendly (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/138787.html)
Posted by Becky Akers

Their unspeakable despotism never gluts New York’s tyrants. Now they have introduced a bill that criminalizes “annoying” a cop, (http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/new_york/bill-would-make-annoying-a-cop-a-crime) I kid you not. Irritate Officer Dimwit, and you could go to jail for four years – providing he doesn’t taser you to death first.

Grab a barf bag, because I’m going to quote New York State Senator Joe Griffo, a Nazi-sorry, Rethuglican: "Police officers who risk their lives every day in our cities and on our highways deserve every possible protection, and those who treat them with disrespect, harass them and create situations that can lead to injuries deserve to pay a price for their actions."

Um, Joe? Those ruffians risk our lives, not theirs. The SAFE Act you craven legislators and Gov. Guano-ah, Cuomo, passed rendered us defenseless against them.

Root
06-06-2013, 10:24 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s480x480/600528_646808768681311_389708824_n.jpg

06-06-2013, 10:35 AM
I agree with the law. Read the wording, it's not what you think. It covers physical contact like shoving or kicking.

pathtofreedom
06-06-2013, 10:35 AM
New York has never been the same since Robert Moses took it over and changed it.

BAllen
06-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Movie come to life:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fa/John_Carpenter_-_1981_-_Escape_from_New_York_(reissue).jpg/220px-John_Carpenter_-_1981_-_Escape_from_New_York_(reissue).jpg

Anti Federalist
06-06-2013, 11:21 AM
I agree with the law. Read the wording, it's not what you think. It covers physical contact like shoving or kicking.

Which is already amply covered by laws WRT to "assault on an officer" and so on.

You'll get beat down and arrested for laying a finger on a member of the enforcement class.

So why the need for this?

Unless it does more than what it says, which I am sure it does.

ItsTime
06-06-2013, 11:23 AM

In that case they don't need it. There are already laws against that. Equal protection under the law. This law would make things unequal.

Anti Federalist
06-06-2013, 11:25 AM
"Police officers who risk their lives every day in our cities and on our highways deserve every possible protection, and those who treat them with disrespect, harass them and create situations that can lead to injuries deserve to pay a price for their actions."

http://25.media.tumblr.com/1a36f63d61b4bad44244164a51c333c0/tumblr_mj0sbwVxPx1r4ugi5o1_500.gif

ZENemy
06-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Which is already amply covered by laws WRT to "assault on an officer" and so on.

You'll get beat down and arrested for laying a finger on a member of the enforcement class.

I kid you not.

About 20 years ago when I was a little kid my mom was pulled over and arrested for assaulting an officer.

My mom was pulled over and given some sort of lightweight sobriety check (Follow my finger type stuff)...after that was done, the cop searched my mom with her hands on her head, when he was done, he said "put your hands down" and my mom DROPPED her hands, my moms hand touches the cops hand on the way down and he threw her onto her face with his entire body on top of her. Yup, my moms hand GRAZED this cops hands on the way down from her head and he busted one of her teeth out.

COPS do NOT need any laws to protect them. My mom is 5.1, blond and may have weighed about 115.

Anti Federalist
06-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Served and protected.

I kid you not.

About 20 years ago when I was a little kid my mom was pulled over and arrested for assaulting an officer.

My mom was pulled over and given some sort of lightweight sobriety check (Follow my finger type stuff)...after that was done, the cop searched my mom with her hands on her head, when he was done, he said "put your hands down" and my mom DROPPED her hands, my moms hand touches the cops hand on the way down and he threw her onto her face with his entire body on top of her. Yup, my moms hand GRAZED this cops hands on the way down from her head and he busted one of her teeth out.

COPS do NOT need any laws to protect them. My mom is 5.1, blond and may have weighed about 115.

ZENemy
06-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Oh I forgot, he broke 2 of her ribs too.

ZENemy
06-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Served and protected.

Yeah, I think the move he did on her is called a "peace tackle" ? :D:(

jkr
06-06-2013, 11:29 AM
SCUMBAG RETARDS NEED PROTECT'N

FUCK
NEW
YORK

Anti Federalist
06-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Oh I forgot, he broke 2 of her ribs too.

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope she recovered fully and that both of you never had any further contact with cops.

ZENemy
06-06-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, I hope she recovered fully and that both of you never had any further contact with cops.

Thanks man! My hands still shake a little bit when even thinking about the story.

My dad who was at work that night, I'm glad he wasn't there, not cause he is a tough guy but I just think he would have hurt someone that night. I belong to a white middle class family that lives in a very normal city and for some reason we have ALWAYS had very bad run experiences with cops. They are going to be victims of their own service though because they create someone like me every time they fuck with us.

CCTelander
06-06-2013, 11:39 AM
Served and protected.

Translated into layman's terms that means "occupied and oppressed."

James Madison
06-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Again I will ask the question can we please sell New York back to the British.

Anti Federalist
06-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Translated into layman's terms that means "occupied and oppressed."

'Murika!!!

An authoritarian police state is a small price to pay for living in a free country.

Time to bump "The myth of police protection" again as well.

Beorn
06-06-2013, 12:00 PM

This.

The act that's being criminalized is physical contact with a policeman with the the intent to annoy.

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S2402-2013

S 240.33 AGGRAVATED HARASSMENT OF A POLICE OFFICER OR PEACE OFFICER.
A PERSON IS GUILTY OF AGGRAVATED HARASSMENT OF A POLICE OFFICER OR
PEACE OFFICER WHEN, WITH THE INTENT TO HARASS, ANNOY, THREATEN OR ALARM
A PERSON WHOM HE OR SHE KNOWS OR REASONABLY SHOULD KNOW TO BE A POLICE
OFFICER OR PEACE OFFICER ENGAGED IN THE COURSE OF PERFORMING HIS OR HER
OFFICIAL DUTIES, HE OR SHE STRIKES, SHOVES, KICKS OR OTHERWISE SUBJECTS
SUCH PERSON TO PHYSICAL CONTACT.

ZENemy
06-06-2013, 12:03 PM
This.
S 240.33 AGGRAVATED HARASSMENT OF A POLICE OFFICER OR PEACE OFFICER.
A PERSON IS GUILTY OF AGGRAVATED HARASSMENT OF A POLICE OFFICER OR
PEACE OFFICER WHEN, WITH THE INTENT TO HARASS, ANNOY, THREATEN OR ALARM
A PERSON WHOM HE OR SHE KNOWS OR REASONABLY SHOULD KNOW TO BE A POLICE
OFFICER OR PEACE OFFICER ENGAGED IN THE COURSE OF PERFORMING HIS OR HER
OFFICIAL DUTIES, HE OR SHE STRIKES, SHOVES, KICKS OR OTHERWISE SUBJECTS
SUCH PERSON TO PHYSICAL CONTACT.

http://open.nysenate.gov/legislation/bill/S2402-2013

??? where is "annoy" defined?

Beorn
06-06-2013, 12:09 PM

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3262441/stooges-eye-poke-o.gif

Seraphim
06-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Subject to Ociffer Frundly's whim and desire.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Subject to Ociffer Frundly's whim and desire.

Who ever meets a cop that's not already annoyed?

And then shortly after, they claim to do you some kind of favor, cut you a break, whatever.

gwax23
06-06-2013, 01:33 PM
I got in an accident a few days ago. Old lady hit my car. It was totaled. Old lady calls the cops to write up an incident report. Cops never show up. (Its usually state cops who In my opinion are nicer than our local cops) After a while these 2 jackass local county cops show up and started arguing with me that I needed to move my unmovable car. I tried to explain it to them they eventually left. They then come back sirens on 20 minutes later yelling at my at the top of their lungs to move my car (It was on the side of a busy road) I yelled back at them telling them it wont fucking move, then just in the nick of time the two truck shows up and the situation descalated. These schmucks faces where blood shot. He then yelled at me as he got back in his car that I should be glad he didnt write me a ticket.

Fucking New York cops.

Occam's Banana
06-06-2013, 04:11 PM
The act that's being criminalized is physical contact with a policeman with the the intent to annoy.

So Officer Friendly is a mind-reader now. He can divine peoples' "intent to annoy." I am impress.

I'm willing to bet that Officer Friendly's ESP powers are greatly enhanced by "physical contact" - and that a lot of cops are going to start touching people and discovering that those people are "intending" to "annoy" them. Of course, it will be written up in police reports that the annoyers initiated the touching, but that's an irrelevant quibble when it comes to instilling and promoting proper respect for "our" boys in blue ...

Anti Federalist
06-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Lucky they didn't taser you into compliance.

I got in an accident a few days ago. Old lady hit my car. It was totaled. Old lady calls the cops to write up an incident report. Cops never show up. (Its usually state cops who In my opinion are nicer than our local cops) After a while these 2 jackass local county cops show up and started arguing with me that I needed to move my unmovable car. I tried to explain it to them they eventually left. They then come back sirens on 20 minutes later yelling at my at the top of their lungs to move my car (It was on the side of a busy road) I yelled back at them telling them it wont fucking move, then just in the nick of time the two truck shows up and the situation descalated. These schmucks faces where blood shot. He then yelled at me as he got back in his car that I should be glad he didnt write me a ticket.

Fucking New York cops.

Uriel999
06-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Zenemy...man I am sorry about your mother. My girlfriend is 5'2 and if a cop did that to her...well...it would end up a bad day for the piggy that is for sure.

anaconda
06-06-2013, 04:35 PM
There should be a bill against making annoying laws.

DamianTV
06-06-2013, 05:58 PM

Assault is Verbal. Battery is Physical. Be sure to know the difference.

Now, as far as being annoying, can we arrest every politician for passing laws that "annoy" anyone, which would be pretty much everybody in office or on Govt payroll?

kcchiefs6465
06-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Assault is Verbal. Battery is Physical. Be sure to know the difference.

Now, as far as being annoying, can we arrest every politician for passing laws that "annoy" anyone, which would be pretty much everybody in office or on Govt payroll?
In many states assault is physically accosting someone. Simple assault, felonious assault etc depending on the severity of injury done.

Assault on a police officer is a felony that is more than simply verbally berating a cop. It would be punching or kicking a cop, for example.

satchelmcqueen
06-06-2013, 06:35 PM
bull shit

satchelmcqueen
06-06-2013, 06:36 PM
cops must be the biggest pussies to ever walk. they hurt old people , tackle 115lb moms, takes 9 to subdue a knocked out or dead guy on the ground already, they taze anyone for anything, they now have a fear of "an aggressive stance".

Natural Citizen
06-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Come on, kiddies. Pay attention now....

Saying Privacy Is 'Off the Table,' NYC Police Commissioner Demands More Surveillance Cameras (http://reason.com/blog/2013/04/25/saying-privacy-is-off-the-table-nyc-poli)

Relevant reading from Lauren Weinstein over at vortex.com... The Coming War Against Personal Photography and Video (http://lauren.vortex.com/archive/001022.html)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?405111-Orwellian-Skies-amp-Complicit-Media

Nothing new here. Is a work in progress. This is yet another aspect....a major blow, btw, as the war on photography continues. That is what this is about.

Neil Desmond
06-06-2013, 07:43 PM
There are so many things wrong with the idea of such a law:

* I would think that tons of laws have been in existence that already cover things like assault & battery of anyone, obstruction of justice, etc. Why the redundancy?
* Are there also corresponding laws that address public servants such as police not being allowed to do the same to everyone else?
* It's creates a false notion that makes these public servants out to be special like they're royalty to be worshipped or something to that effect.

The laws that already address these problems should just be used, and laws should not be written to favor one group over another; it should not be people are not allowed to do this or that to police (while implicitly making it ok for police to do so to other people), it should be no one is allowed to do this or that to anyone (not just police, and police are equally subject to the law themselves). Laws ought to apply equally in both directions. If we can't do that, then shut down police departments to resolve whatever dilemma is manifested by their existence.

Again I will ask the question can we please sell New York back to the British.
Why not the descendants of the indigenous people from whom it was purchased from, for the same amount they were paid for it: $24?

seyferjm
06-06-2013, 07:47 PM
cops must be the biggest pussies to ever walk. they hurt old people , tackle 115lb moms, takes 9 to subdue a knocked out or dead guy on the ground already, they taze anyone for anything, they now have a fear of "an aggressive stance".

don't forget about those vicious puppies and leashed up dogs!

Anti Federalist
06-06-2013, 08:28 PM
“At a time when shocking incidents of disrespect and outright confrontation are at an all-time high, the men and women who patrol the streets of our cities deserve every possible protection we can offer them,” Senator Griffo stated. “My bill would make it a crime to take any type of physical action to try to intimidate a police officer. This is a necessary action because we can see from the rise in incidents that too many people in our society have lost the respect they need to have for a police officer. We need to make it very clear that when a police officer is performing his duty, every citizen needs to comply and that refusal to comply carries a penalty.”

This is a lie.

It has never been safer to be a cop.

But at least they are being honest, you will comply, citizen.

I loathe a number of political "types" but I think I loathe, above all else, a "law and order" republican.

HOLLYWOOD
06-06-2013, 08:28 PM
What if you eye fuck them?

DamianTV
06-06-2013, 08:40 PM
In many states assault is physically accosting someone. Simple assault, felonious assault etc depending on the severity of injury done.

Assault on a police officer is a felony that is more than simply verbally berating a cop. It would be punching or kicking a cop, for example.

Depends on the definition in each state. Here, assault is verbal and anything physical falls into the category of battery. It doesnt stop the confusion of the terms from being applied in courts however, and being applied elsewhere. In reality if one were to shoot someone else with an Assault Rifle, the gun would do nothing but spout insults at the victim, not bullets. Then again, if one were to call said item a Battery Rifle, one would have the interpretation that upon squeezing the trigger, a baseball bat would come out of the end and bludgeon whoever was on the wrong side.

Although the applied and actual definitions of assalt are quite different, they are negligible as Cops think that merely passing gas in their general vicinity constitutes an act aggression. Look at a Cop crosseyed, expect to get tazered and be brought up on charges. Our real problem isnt in the definition of the Law, it lies in the fact that we are powerless to hold anyone accountable for any action, even Murder.

Mani
06-06-2013, 11:46 PM
What if you annoyed them because you're brown?

Isn't that enough to annoy some of these guys?