PDA

View Full Version : Gallup: America’s got a fee-vah and the only prescription is more Chris Christie

RonPaulFanInGA
06-05-2013, 09:18 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2013/06/05/gallup-americas-got-a-fee-vah-and-the-only-prescription-is-more-chris-christie/

Anti Federalist
06-06-2013, 01:39 AM
It's all just a fucking game, one I am quite tired of playing after thirty plus years of it.

Two, I wonder if there’s actually anything, or any accumulation of things, that Christie could do to keep conservatives home in 2016 if he’s the nominee. We’ve nominated two guys in a row on electability grounds and, paradoxically, the fact that they lost will only make electability weigh more heavily in some Republicans’ minds next time. I.e. “Can we really afford 12 years of Democratic executive control? We need to take back the White House now, no matter what compromises on policy that might mean!” Plenty of white middle-class would-be Republican voters stayed home last year, but I suspect that had little to do with Romney being too squishy and a lot to do with him being insufficiently populist, especially at a time of economic hardship. Christie, a savvier politician (Sean Trende calls yesterday’s special-election gambit “genius”), probably won’t make that mistake. He’ll be a RINO, but he’ll be a populist RINO — and conservatives, faced with the prospect of President Hillary, will swallow hard and trudge to the polls. The only issue that I think could end up as a legitimate dealbreaker is Christie’s position on guns, an issue about which some righties are so passionate that it would pain them almost viscerally to vote for someone who’s crosswise with them on it. To be sure, most of them would vote for Christie anyway — President Hillary would be worse on guns too, right? — but some of them would feel almost morally obliged to stay home. Maybe that sinks him.

AlexAmore
06-06-2013, 03:02 AM
We need to use this slogan against him "If Chris Christie was president, gun control would have passed".

shane77m
06-06-2013, 06:33 AM
If Big'n got the nomination then it only solidifies that there is no point in voting.

Christian Liberty
06-06-2013, 06:35 AM
It's all just a fucking game, one I am quite tired of playing after thirty plus years of it.

They're stupid if they vote Christie. But they will.

Still trying to convince people to vote third party. Unless Rand Paul is the nominee. I'd roll the dice on Rand.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-06-2013, 07:16 AM
If Big'n got the nomination then it only solidifies that there is no point in voting.

It's really hard to argue with that.

talkingpointes
06-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Let's just hope as hard as we can. Maybe if we hope enough these people will just stop. I mean they are the bottom of the barrel they have to have some morals or sense of justice right ?

RonPaulFanInGA
06-06-2013, 08:06 AM

Christie received surgery to lose weight, so he might not be "Big'n" in 2015/2016.

Cleaner44
06-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Those numbers don't mean much. Many voters still don't know who Christie is and when they find out, they won't like much. If I remember correctly, Rick Perry was all the rage until he opened his mouth and people ran away.

ObiRandKenobi
06-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Chris Christie and Marco Rubio have the establishment imprimatur and will be a lot more formidable than people expect.

In 2008 and 2012 despite near total opposition from the conservative grassroots, the GOP establishment dragged John McCain and Mitt Romney across the finish line.

Occam's Banana
06-06-2013, 11:27 PM

[...] He’ll be a RINO, but he’ll be a populist RINO — and conservatives, faced with the prospect of President Hillary, will swallow hard and trudge to the polls. [...]

Gee, ya mean like conservatives "swallow[ed] hard and trudge[d] to the polls" for Romney - 'cause they were "faced with the prospect" of an Obama 2nd term? Tell me something ... how'd that work out for ya?

Also FTA:

[Christie] doesn’t need a campaign platform for the primaries in 2016. All he needs, really, is [a graphic of his favoribility ratings] with a single word in 120-point font underneath: “ELECTABILITY.”

Those are the first two sentences of the piece. They pretty much perfectly sum up the level & quality of analysis you'll find in the rest of it.

SMH. What a freakin' joke! Some idiots just never learn ...