PDA

View Full Version : Cop Chokes Man in His Own Kitchen (Video)

kcchiefs6465
06-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Video description:

Footage of an angry Suffolk County police officer grabbing a resident by the throat. The man claims he told the officer he couldn't come in without a warrant and this upset the officer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0qhzz3E8vU

Police on Long Island are conducting an internal investigation after a video surfaced on YouTube that showed a Suffolk officer grab the throat of a man and push him while responding to a noise complaint at a house in March, authorities said.

Authorities say they were called to Sayville Road in Sound Beach March 28 after someone called to complain about a loud party. Responding officers dispersed a large crowd and the 31-second YouTube video apparently captured part of the commotion, police said.

Mike Schuchman, the man captured in the video, admits to drinking that night but says he believes his rights were violated and the officer was trying to goad him into acting out.

"He was trying to provoke me to get me to do something so he could arrest me," said Schuchman, 22.

Schuchman told Newsday he first argued with the officer outside the house when the officer allegedly tried to gain entry to his home. Suffolk police confirmed they dispersed a large crowd from the home that night.

Some of Schuchman's neighbors say unruly parties at the house have been commonplace for several months.

Suffolk Police say the department is aware of the video, which also shows the officer cursing repeatedly at the man. The department says its Internal Affairs Bureau is conducting a "complete and thorough" investigation into the matter.

hxxp://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Suffolk-County-Police-Video-YouTube-Party-Choke-Curse-207507651.html

jclay2
06-05-2013, 06:48 PM
I would fire that police officer just for his language. If you can't calmly ask some college kids to call it a night without cursing and getting ready to "beat the blood shit" out of someone, you don't deserve to be a police officer.

pcosmar
06-05-2013, 07:14 PM
It's just the 95% that make the rest of the cops look bad.

Neil Desmond
06-05-2013, 07:27 PM
What matter are they investigating, police misconduct, assault & battery, brutality, conduct unbecoming, etc., or the problem of a video that "shouldn't exist" (as in something didn't get tossed into the memory hole that should've been tossed in there)?

kcchiefs6465
06-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Pretty much.

What matter are they investigating, police misconduct, assault & battery, brutality, conduct unbecoming, etc., or the problem of a video that "shouldn't exist" (as in something didn't get tossed into the memory hole that should've been tossed in there)?
My guess is that the matter will be thoroughly investigated by the same type who perpetrated the crime. Counseling or 'more training' will be the consequence result, if any. An apology will never be formally issued.

My reason for posting this is because this type of encounter happens all too often when there is no camera from which the officer's word could be challenged. Many people sit in prison or are cast aside when looking looking for a job because of these all too common pig tactics. While some people here who've never been physically accosted by the police wonder why cops are viewed in a different light.

I had a few encounters such as the one on video that all but a few wouldn't believe. (aside from those who were there) That's why I posted this. So that people could get an idea of what happens to tens of thousands of people yearly. (if you do not submit quickly and quietly) Having been threatened execution by a cop who sincerely claimed in another incident that was captured on camera that he could kill the man and go to sleep that night knowing his partner would cover for him, I can say that it isn't always about what's captured on camera. Many, many years have been thrown away because of attitudes this cop showed in the video. I feel for them, knowing every one of the dozens of applications they'll undoubtedly be filling out throughout their lifetime, they'll have to explain themselves. All for nothing.

If I had the money, every time a police levy came up for a vote, this would be my commercial against. My billboard would have a picture of Kelly Thomas's unrecognizably bloodied face. One day.

Neil Desmond
06-05-2013, 10:37 PM
My guess is that the matter will be thoroughly investigated by the same type who perpetrated the crime. Counseling or 'more training' will be the consequence result, if any. An apology will never be formally issued.

My reason for posting this is because this type of encounter happens all too often when there is no camera from which the officer's word could be challenged. Many people sit in prison or are cast aside when looking looking for a job because of these all too common pig tactics. While some people here who've never been physically accosted by the police wonder why cops are viewed in a different light.

I had a few encounters such as the one on video that all but a few wouldn't believe. (aside from those who were there) That's why I posted this. So that people could get an idea of what happens to tens of thousands of people yearly. (if you do not submit quickly and quietly) Having been threatened execution by a cop who sincerely claimed in another incident that was captured on camera that he could kill the man and go to sleep that night knowing his partner would cover for him, I can say that it isn't always about what's captured on camera. Many, many years have been thrown away because of attitudes this cop showed in the video. I feel for them, knowing every one of the dozens of applications they'll undoubtedly be filling out throughout their lifetime, they'll have to explain themselves. All for nothing.

If I had the money, every time a police levy came up for a vote, this would be my commercial against. My billboard would have a picture of Kelly Thomas's unrecognizably bloodied face. One day.
Oh, I don't doubt that this kind of thing in this video happens. If it was caught on camera, I believe that most likely it has happened thousands of times off camera; most likely far worse has happened. There's no reason for someone wearing a badge and uniform to be grabbing someone by the throat and slamming their head, I don't care what that person's tone is. People do have freedom of speech, and even if they didn't it's not up to cops to punish people who don't grovel to them. To me, this cops is doing 2 things wrong: #1 he's not handling the situation the way he ought to be, and #2 he's doing things that he should not be doing, including breaking the law himself (based on what appears to be happening in this video).

HigherVision
06-06-2013, 01:17 AM
Cops being cops

J_White
06-06-2013, 03:18 AM
investigation ?
i know the result - "The cops acted appropriately"...what else ?

Mani
06-06-2013, 03:39 AM
investigation ?
i know the result - "The cops acted appropriately"...what else ?

"If the person would have just complied, listened, and obeyed the cop would never have needed to swear and grab the person by the throat. It's unfortunate these people force our officers into this situation.....(Winking over looking to his fellow officers)....We don't see any fault here, our officers handled this appropriately. It's also unfortunate the mundane didn't raise his hands to defend himself as most people do instinctively. That would have been a perceived threat, then we could have beaten this shit out of that cocky 22 year old piece of shit. We had 3 officers roided up and ready to baton the fuck out of that son of a bitch in the head until his mother wouldn't recognize him....Wait, is this thing still on? Aaaah, no more questions..."

If only the truth would come out.

What I can't comprehend is how the fuck that kid did not raise his hands after being in a chokehold for several seconds.

Isn't it PURE INSTINCT if your being choked...to grab at your neck???? Isn't it PURE instinct if you can't breathe to attempt to alleviate the pressure around your neck?

How the fuck did that kid have the presence of mind to not raise his hands for pure defensive or instinct purposes???? Especially after a few drinks as well.

tod evans
06-06-2013, 05:26 AM
What I can't comprehend is how the fuck that kid did not raise his hands after being in a chokehold for several seconds.

Isn't it PURE INSTINCT if your being choked...to grab at your neck???? Isn't it PURE instinct if you can't breathe to attempt to alleviate the pressure around your neck?

How the fuck did that kid have the presence of mind to not raise his hands for pure defensive or instinct purposes???? Especially after a few drinks as well.

Public school indoctrination seems to be successful...........Don't fight back:mad:

PaulConventionWV
06-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Video description:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0qhzz3E8vU

Police on Long Island are conducting an internal investigation after a video surfaced on YouTube that showed a Suffolk officer grab the throat of a man and push him while responding to a noise complaint at a house in March, authorities said.

Authorities say they were called to Sayville Road in Sound Beach March 28 after someone called to complain about a loud party. Responding officers dispersed a large crowd and the 31-second YouTube video apparently captured part of the commotion, police said.

Mike Schuchman, the man captured in the video, admits to drinking that night but says he believes his rights were violated and the officer was trying to goad him into acting out.

"He was trying to provoke me to get me to do something so he could arrest me," said Schuchman, 22.

Schuchman told Newsday he first argued with the officer outside the house when the officer allegedly tried to gain entry to his home. Suffolk police confirmed they dispersed a large crowd from the home that night.

Some of Schuchman's neighbors say unruly parties at the house have been commonplace for several months.

Suffolk Police say the department is aware of the video, which also shows the officer cursing repeatedly at the man. The department says its Internal Affairs Bureau is conducting a "complete and thorough" investigation into the matter.

hxxp://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Suffolk-County-Police-Video-YouTube-Party-Choke-Curse-207507651.html

It's a complete and thorough investigation! Oh heaven be praised, we are finally saved! Someone will surely take action to rectify this situation in the process of their "investigation." I mean, that's what investigations are for, right?

PaulConventionWV
06-06-2013, 08:32 AM
"If the person would have just complied, listened, and obeyed the cop would never have needed to swear and grab the person by the throat. It's unfortunate these people force our officers into this situation.....(Winking over looking to his fellow officers)....We don't see any fault here, our officers handled this appropriately. It's also unfortunate the mundane didn't raise his hands to defend himself as most people do instinctively. That would have been a perceived threat, then we could have beaten this shit out of that cocky 22 year old piece of shit. We had 3 officers roided up and ready to baton the fuck out of that son of a bitch in the head until his mother wouldn't recognize him....Wait, is this thing still on? Aaaah, no more questions..."

If only the truth would come out.

It looked like he was in handcuffs.

EDIT: Never mind, just watched it again. You're right. That guy has some ballz in the form of excellent self-control.

VBRonPaulFan
06-06-2013, 11:52 AM

Oh, you mean that 95% that have a job but shouldn't....