PDA

View Full Version : Web Help Wanted - LDS For Ron Paul Also Needed

Fyretrohl
11-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Okay, had an idea, but, I know I can not do this by myself. So, I am looking for help in the following areas:

1 - Web Developers willing to give thier own time to put together a GOOD, high quality site in a short time. Target audience will be members of the LDS/Mormon Church. Site will need to be database driven, but, I can take care of that side of it. I have hosting available, will just need to secure the domain name.

2 - Other LDS Supporters of Ron Paul to help me with content, layout, look, etc. This will not be 'church' sponsoed, of course, but, I want it to look church polished and clean.

3 - I will want to add some polls, etc, but, will need as near a sure fire way to ensure one vote per person as possible.

4 - Graphics help - Many of the Web developers I know are not layout/graphics folks. :) Again, going to want good polish on this site.

The idea is to push the reasons why we LDS supporters of Ron Paul believe he is the best candidate, based on our faith.

Thoughts, ideas, opinions?

specialkornflake
11-26-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm a Management Information Systems major who used to be Mormon, so I could likely provide some valuable insight.

Corydoras
11-26-2007, 08:39 PM
You have of course visited this site?
http://mormonsforronpaul.org/

mconder
11-26-2007, 08:48 PM
I live in Southern Utah and it's almost unbearable to deal with all the LDS support of Romney. Considering the various LDS prophets who have spoken out politically in the exact same vain as Ron Paul, it's perplexing how so many members of our church can be duped so easily.

mconder
11-26-2007, 08:59 PM
You have of course visited this site?
http://mormonsforronpaul.org/

Umm...judging by their "about" statement, they really don't get it, if all they can say is "Not that Mitt is bad, it’s just that Ron Paul is better."

I could put quotes by Mormon prophet Ezra Taft Benson and Ron Paul side by side and you'd be hard pressed to tell me who's quote it is. There are those in our church that say we have to separate our politics from our religion, but our religion should have everything to do with our politics. The whole Mormon Doctrine about how the world came into existence and that man should be free in this world to exercise his/her agency is at the root of the RP message. RP represents the plan of Christ to allow free agency, while Romney represents the power and force of the state, or Satin's plan to control mankind. How people can separate the vastly opposing world views from their faith is beyond me.

About MFRP

We started this site because most of our LDS friends were going to automatically vote for Mitt Romney. Not that Mitt is bad, it’s just that Ron Paul is better.