PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul: 'I Wanted To Like' Obama, But He's Fostered 'Culture Of Corruption'

jct74
06-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Rand Paul: 'I Wanted To Like' Obama, But He's Fostered 'Culture Of Corruption' (VIDEO)

By Nick Wing
06/05/2013 9:25 am EDT

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Tuesday accused President Barack Obama of leading his administration down a road of secrecy and "corruption," while still attempting to convince the public that transparency is a key value to the White House.

Speaking to Sean Hannity of Fox News, Paul said that recent scandals, including Tuesday's report that some of Obama's political appointees were using secret government email accounts to conduct official business, had left him "disappointed" more than anything.

"I've been kind of disappointed, because honestly there were certain aspects of President Obama that I wanted to like," Paul said. "I wanted to see a president who was truly liberal, who I couldn't have voted for, but I wanted to see a good liberal who would defend the First Amendment who would defend transparency, who wouldn't be targeting the press or targeting political enemies, so really defending the First Amendment, defending the Fourth Amendment. And now we have this whole culture of corruption where we've got these secret email accounts."

Paul went on to say that he was similarly concerned with the administration's approach to investigating reporters who cover national security. He then connected it to other civil liberties issues, including his opposition to indefinite detention.

read more:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/05/rand-paul-obama-corruption_n_3389451.html

supermario21
06-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Lol the comments are so negative, but it just reveals the stupidity of many HuffPo commenters.

AuH20
06-05-2013, 09:07 AM
I can't wait to read the comments. Ad hominem attacks galore instead of focusing how corrupt the boy king is and the numerous promises he has openly violated.

SludgeFactory
06-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Ugh, those comments make me lose faith in the people of this country.

Warlord
06-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Rand is trying to take them through a thought process. Funny.

radiofriendly
06-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Comments are so bad, they're funny. If you comment probably best to make a joke about the silly comments and site something of substance on drones, foreign policy, civil liberties...

thoughtomator
06-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Ugh, those comments make me lose faith in the people of this country.

We're in transition from denial phase to anger phase.

I'm saving my popcorn for the grief and depression stages.

supermario21
06-05-2013, 10:41 AM
We're in transition from denial phase to anger phase.

I'm saving my popcorn for the grief and depression stages.

Maybe it would take a war with Syria to get them thinking. Then Rand runs and wins as the anti-war candidate.

sluggo
06-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Sometimes I wonder if there are liberal internet "hit squads" that swarm comment sections on news sites.

Sort of like "Megaphone" except for retarded people.

Warlord
06-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Sometimes I wonder if there are liberal internet "hit squads" that swarm comment sections on news sites.

Sort of like "Megaphone" except for retarded people.

There are and they're called comment squads hired and paid by the DNC and they're swarming comment sections of every Rand Paul article with the most stupid, hateful partisan attacks.

NIU Students for Liberty
06-05-2013, 11:02 AM
While I don't believe Rand was willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt, it's not as if what he said was so difficult for liberals to acknowledge. Hell, even Jon Stewart admitted that Fox News was justified in its recent criticisms of the administration:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-may-15-2013/the-victorious-gop

Kotin
06-05-2013, 11:07 AM
the comments are clear proof of how well the division of the left/right paradigm has worked.. they dont even pay attention past knowing he is a republican even though he is saying exactly what they are feeling.. but they need to support their "team" of liberals and thus critical thinking is killed.

fuck em all'.

klamath
06-05-2013, 11:10 AM
While I don't believe Rand was willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt, it's not as if what he said was so difficult for liberals to acknowledge. Hell, even Jon Stewart admitted that Fox News was justified in its recent criticisms of the administration:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-may-15-2013/the-victorious-gopActually I believe him. I neither voted for Obama or supported him but I thought he was a honorable man especially compared to Hillary. I know exactly what Rand was talking about in that on almost all issues I disagree with the liberal supreme court judges but the one area I agree with them is civil rights and free speech. The same with Obama. The few areas I thought I would agree with him on, he trashed.

Warlord
06-05-2013, 11:23 AM
the comments are clear proof of how well the division of the left/right paradigm has worked.. they dont even pay attention past knowing he is a republican even though he is saying exactly what they are feeling.. but they need to support their "team" of liberals and thus critical thinking is killed.

fuck em all'.

The obviously partisan attacks are paid DNC "comment squads". They do it in every Rand Paul story as soon as they come out on every site.