PDA

View Full Version : Why haven't I seen anyone try this?

kpitcher
06-04-2013, 09:27 PM
I know the online gambling with bitcoin is popular. Since it's not a currency the whole question on if it's really against the rules is questionable. Satoshi Dice brought in 1/2 a million in 6 months. Why haven't I seen anyone doing real work physical poker with bitcoins? Buy in with so many BTC and have chips with values of .01 .1 .2 whatever. Cash out to BTC. No fiat currency switches hands.

I know the normal definition of gambling is anything of worth and some states will even state a person's time could be considered worth. Maybe that's why it's not being done?

I have no desire to try a gambling den but in a discussion with a friend the idea came up as something we're surprised hasn't been done.

talkingpointes
06-04-2013, 09:28 PM
I know the online gambling with bitcoin is popular. Since it's not a currency the whole question on if it's really against the rules is questionable. Satoshi Dice brought in 1/2 a million in 6 months. Why haven't I seen anyone doing real work poker with bitcoins? Buy in with so many BTC and have chips with values of .01 .1 .2 whatever. Cash out to BTC. No fiat currency switches hands.

I know the normal definition of gambling is anything of worth and some states will even state a person's time could be considered worth. Maybe that's why it's not being done?

I have no desire to try a gambling den but in a discussion with a friend the idea came up as something we're surprised hasn't been done.

Isn't the point of bitcoin to be private, that would reveal alot of the people and scheme. Then it attach ips to them.

Crystallas
06-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Maybe it is being done, but the games aren't being advertised?