PDA

View Full Version : Leno hits Obama, California politicians

Warlord
06-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Interesting applause/laughter from the liberal crowd.

VIDEO:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/06/04/A-Tale-of-Two-Scandals

Zippyjuan
06-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Jay and his crowd are actually pretty conservative. Maybe not hardcore right wing.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/jay-leno-jimmy-fallon-tonight-show-89224.html

Right bemoans possible Jay Leno exit

Could Jay Leno become a new conservative hero?

In the bitter and gossipy duel between Leno and NBC (the “Tonight Show” host is set to be replaced by Jimmy Fallon, according to reports), some see political fallout in Leno’s fall from grace.

“Left cheering Leno exit typical, he dared to entertain and offer jokes for the other 50% of country. Unacceptable in ‘New America’…” tweeted Matt Drudge this week in the wake of news of Fallon’s ascension. And Jezebel touched on Leno’s rough relationship with the coastal elites, describing him as “Middle America’s favorite late-night host.”

Fox News’ “The Five” speculated, if slightly in jest as is the show’s wont, that Leno was suffering for his barbs against President Barack Obama.

(PHOTOS: Pols on late-night talk shows)

“Clearly he pushed it too far,” said Greg Gutfeld said, half joking, on Thursday. “The network will send him to a reeducation camp for required therapy,” adding that Leno should poke more fun at Sarah Palin if he wants to keep his job.

Fox News’ Greta van Susteren wrote in defense of Leno on her blog.

“In the last few hours I have read about NBC and Jay Leno. I don’t know if what I read is 1/2 true … all true … or even false … but I do think this could be handled better. Jay Leno deserves to be treated better — he has accomplished much and done a great deal for the network. I don’t know if it is NBC or the media but Jay Leno deserves better treatment than he appears to be getting. What do you think?”

Perhaps conservatives will be cheering when they hear this — Leno could land at Fox.

This from the New York Post on Friday: “The head of Fox’s powerful affiliate board — who represents the majority of the 206 Fox stations around the country, said yesterday he favors building a new late-night show — starting at 11 o’clock — around the departing ‘Tonight Show’ host. ‘If Fox were to present the right business plan, the affiliate board would be interested,’ Steve Pruett, the board chairman, told the Post.

Matt Towery wrote on the conservative Town Hall website that Leno — despite being a liberal — is like “Barry Goldwater” when compared with David Letterman.

“… I know that Jay Leno, like most on network TV, is a self-proclaimed ‘liberal,’ but I could care less. Next to David Letterman, he looks like Barry Goldwater,” Towery wrote.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/03/jay-leno-jimmy-fallon-tonight-show-89224.html#ixzz2VI0CxX3p

Warlord
06-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Jay and his crowd are actually pretty conservative. Maybe not hardcore right wing.

No they're not. A crowd in LA at NBC studios is not conservative.

Jeeez Zippy, you're still concern trolling.

TaftFan
06-04-2013, 04:30 PM
LOL

"How about shipping the IRS to Guatanamo Bay?"

matt0611
06-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Those were some pretty good ones.

I can't stand Letterman but I'll catch parts of Leno every once in a while.
He earned my respect by having Ron on so many times and treating him with respect.

Zippyjuan
06-04-2013, 04:35 PM
http://nation.foxnews.com/jay-leno/2013/03/25/leno-too-conservative-nbc

Leno Too Conservative for NBC?

From the Breitbart.com article cited in the video:

Despite solid ratings and wide appeal to middle America, NBC is poised to replace Jay Leno as the host of the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon as Leno's contract nears its end.

Even in his stand up work, Leno has always been known as a clean comic, one not prone to going "blue" or trafficking in easy jokes. But he has been more willing than any of his TV counterparts to mock Democrats and President Obama. Leno even recently got in trouble for poking fun at his "masters" at NBC.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/jay-leno/2013/03/25/leno-too-conservative-nbc#ixzz2VI1HvgtT

But he picks on everybody.

Warlord
06-04-2013, 04:37 PM
Zippy, Leno is a Democrat and has been forever and so is that LA crowd. Will you please stop trolling?

qh4dotcom
06-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Interesting applause/laughter from the liberal crowd.

So a bunch of liberals applaud at the idea of getting rid of the IRS....and at the ballot box they support politicians whom they know won't get rid of the IRS.

Zippyjuan
06-04-2013, 04:57 PM
On his show, Leno is both liberal and conservative. Polititians give him some of his best material. He pals with Arnold Schwarzenneger (former Republican Governor of California) but rips on Palin (she is such an easy target- that one is not fair). He has criticized all presidents- Clinton, Reagan, both Bushes, Obama. Hits on all of the latest scandals.... Letterman is more obvious.

Which Way Does Leno Lean?

Coming just days after David Letterman's interview with special guest President Obama, the appearance of conservative icon Rush Limbaugh on the Jay Leno Show on Thursday night made for an interesting juxtaposition. As some writers have observed, Letterman's liberal loyalties are becoming increasingly obvious, while Leno remains something of an enigma when it comes to politics. Though some have labeled him a "Red State" comedian, Leno tussled with Limbaugh over automaker bailouts, Social Security and Medicare. So where does he stand? Pundits on both sides of the aisle can't agree on whether or not Jay's their man.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2009/09/which-way-does-leno-lean/26873/

Warlord
06-04-2013, 04:57 PM
So a bunch of liberals applaud at the idea of getting rid of the IRS....and at the ballot box they support politicians whom they know won't get rid of the IRS.

Cognitive dissonance. They're registering their dissent though.

Warlord
06-04-2013, 04:59 PM
On his show, Leno is both liberal and conservative. Polititians give him some of his best material. He pals with Arnold Schwarzenneger (former Republican Governor of California) but rips on Palin (she is such an easy target- that one is not fair). He has criticized all presidents- Clinton, Reagan, both Bushes, Obama. Hits on all of the latest scandals....

He's probably still a registered Democrat and has voted Democrat forever. He's just not a partisan butt kisser. He is in no way conservative. He is very liberal and so is his LA crowd.

Must really piss you off they're showing their dissent against your president Zippy.

TaftFan
06-04-2013, 07:12 PM
No they're not. A crowd in LA at NBC studios is not conservative.

Jeeez Zippy, you're still concern trolling.
Right, they just laugh to be polite to Leno.

CPUd
06-04-2013, 07:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4q5rBve.gif

Occam's Banana
06-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Oh, my! A public figure who can't be easily pigeon-holed by pundits & assorted other hacks into the fake left-right/liberal-conservative paradigm?

Shame on Leno! We can't have nonsense like that confusing people, now ...

On his show, Leno is both liberal and conservative. Polititians give him some of his best material. He pals with Arnold Schwarzenneger (former Republican Governor of California) but rips on Palin (she is such an easy target- that one is not fair). He has criticized all presidents- Clinton, Reagan, both Bushes, Obama. Hits on all of the latest scandals.... Letterman is more obvious.

Which Way Does Leno Lean?

Coming just days after David Letterman's interview with special guest President Obama, the appearance of conservative icon Rush Limbaugh on the Jay Leno Show on Thursday night made for an interesting juxtaposition. As some writers have observed, Letterman's liberal loyalties are becoming increasingly obvious, while Leno remains something of an enigma when it comes to politics. Though some have labeled him a "Red State" comedian, Leno tussled with Limbaugh over automaker bailouts, Social Security and Medicare. So where does he stand? Pundits on both sides of the aisle can't agree on whether or not Jay's their man.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2009/09/which-way-does-leno-lean/26873/