PDA

View Full Version : Student Suspended For Saving Fellow Student’s Life

sailingaway
06-04-2013, 01:28 PM
We’ve been hearing a number of reports this past year about students being suspended for being kids and standing up for their constitutional rights. Kindergartners, first and second graders are being punished for pretend shooting with their fingers or supposedly chewing a toaster pastry into the shape of a gun. But have you ever heard of a student being suspended for saving the life of another student?

Last Tuesday morning, 7th grader Briar MacLean was sitting in class. It was a study period. While the teacher was on the far side of the classroom, one student near Briar began to bully another student. Briar saw the bully grab his victim and place him in a headlock when he heard the distinctive click of a knife opening up. That’s when Briar instinctively reacted and got between the two students and pushed the knife-wielding bully away, where he was quickly subdued.

The victim thanks Briar for stepping in to help, and then the two students went about their classes. During the fourth period, Briar was summoned to the school office where he was asked about the incident and had to give a statement as to what happened. At that point, the police were called in, not on the knife wielding student but on Briar, where they searched Briar’s locker.

Briar MacLean ended up serving an in-school suspension for the rest of the day. Briar’s mom, Leah O’Donnell was called to the school and told that her son had been involved in an incident. When the school informed her of what had happened, she was surprised that her son was being disciplined for doing something heroic. According to O’Donnell:

“They phoned me and said, ‘Briar was involved in an incident today.’ That he decided to ‘play hero’ and jump in.”

“I asked: ‘In the time it would have taken him to go get a teacher, could that kid’s throat have been slit?’ She said yes, but that’s beside the point. That we ‘don’t condone heroics in this school.’”

Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/06/student-suspended-for-saving-fellow-students-life/#ixzz2VG5agZyG

:mad:

kcchiefs6465
06-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Zero tolerance.

Even if you defend yourself from an attack you will be suspended.

Crazy.

Anti Federalist
06-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Zero tolerance.

Crazy.

Thought everybody learned their lesson about "just sitting back, not playing hero and letting authority handle it" on 9/11?

Guess not.

Just another day in AmeriKa.

Anti Federalist
06-04-2013, 01:33 PM
War on boys.

James Madison
06-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Zero tolerance.

Crazy.

That was the policy at my high school.

Never had a chance to test it out, though. Figured I would just enjoy my day off.

brandon
06-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Zero tolerance.

Crazy.

Yep, happened to me in 7th grade. Some boy attacked me, I defended myself. We were both scrawny boys that didn't know how to fight at all and neither of us were injured even slightly. 3 day suspension for it and they threatened to call the police on me.

Brian4Liberty
06-04-2013, 01:53 PM
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/31/briar-maclean-reprimanded-for-stopping-a-knife-wielding-bully-at-school/

Anti Federalist
06-04-2013, 05:00 PM
////

heavenlyboy34
06-04-2013, 05:04 PM
FFS...SMH. /speechless Man, this is an epic government education camp fail. :eek:

LibertyEagle
06-04-2013, 05:39 PM
It's conditioning.

Christian Liberty
06-04-2013, 08:47 PM
:mad:

So basically, the US military can "Play hero" in Iraq and kill over a hundred thousand innocents, not to mention plundering hundreds of millions of taxpayers, in order to pay for it, is fine.

But for a kid to intervene in a situation he can see with his own eyes, even though he does not hurt any innocent person, does not plunder anyone to foot the bill, and does not interfere with actions that didn't occur anywhere near him, is not?

What's the logic behind this crap?

James Madison
06-04-2013, 09:32 PM

Easy. This child was not licensed by the state to commit aggression; he was a mundane and will be dealt with accordingly.

brushfire
06-04-2013, 09:35 PM
The government school system needs to go.

Occam's Banana
06-04-2013, 09:57 PM
I guess everyone except the bully should've just "sheltered in place" ...

“I asked: ‘In the time it would have taken him to go get a teacher, could that kid’s throat have been slit?’ She said yes, but that’s beside the point. That we ‘don’t condone heroics in this school.’”

They don't condone heroics? Well, duh! Of course, they don't. Why would they?

Heroics require initiative and a willingness to act.

As such, they run entirely counter to the mandate of "educators" to instill their charges with pasivity & meek submission.

That they have been successful in fulfilling this mandate is evidenced by the fact that the mother is described as merely being "surprised" - rather than "mad as ever-lovin' hell" ...

BAllen
06-04-2013, 10:15 PM

There is no logic. Only compliance. The state will dictate what is and is not acceptable behavior for its children. They are no loger yours. You gave them up when you accepted the Marxist bribes in the form of racial and gender quotas, as well as government money for food, health and schooling.

alucard13mm
06-04-2013, 10:26 PM
We got a young lad who is defending someone who cannot defend him or herself.. and he gets punished for it.

Nice.

Occam's Banana
06-05-2013, 02:27 AM
I'm sure this is just a coincidence (and not a sign of any kind of trend or larger phenomenon) ...

San Antonio Police Taser Man Trying to Save His Infant Son from House Fire: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?416638-San-Antonio-Police-Taser-Man-Trying-To-Save-His-Infant-Son-From-House-Fire