PDA

View Full Version : I've waited my entire adult life for this and I'm NOT letting it slip away!

Sematary
11-26-2007, 10:26 AM
I have been eligible to vote for 28 years now and I take my right to vote very seriously. I vote in every election/referendum I can and I have been waiting my entire life for THIS candidate. He reflects almost perfectly everything I believe our nation is about - integrity, honesty, freedom, liberty. We are supposed to be the beacon that draws the rest of the world's yearning hearts to our bosoms. Instead, our government has become a malignant tumor that infests the rest of the world with grandiose schemes of empire and "empire building". I can't take it any longer and I am going to do everything within my limited power to influence this election and get Ron Paul elected.

If you are NOT doing everything you can to get to people in your town/city/county, etc... and tell them who Ron Paul is then you need to do more. If you think that just voting is enough, then you are not helping. Your vote is important. Your activism is MORE important. You can influence hundreds or even thousands of people to vote for Ron Paul.

Please, I beg of you, if you want the nation that I, and all other freedom loving Americans yearn for - tell people who Ron Paul is! Get off your computer, go get a voting list. Canvass your neighborhood. Put slimjims on cars. Put a yard sign on your lawn and your neighbors lawn and your parents/childrens lawns and your friends lawns. Get those Ron Paul business cards and hand them out! If you're not promoting Ron Paul in the concrete world, then you need to. We own online. Let's own offline and let's do it NOW before it's too late!

drexhex
11-26-2007, 10:43 AM
You didn't happen to watch the movie "Network" last night too, did you? :P

I totally agree with you. If you're not doing enough, then start!

Also, one of the things that brings me down now and then is the fact that I'm currently in Philadelphia for college and am unable to travel. Pennsylvania's primary is in April, so I sometimes get the feeling that by then the nomination will be decided already and what I do doesn't matter.

However, I can look on the bright side and think that if Dr. Paul does get the nomination, I could be promoting the General election at the same time =D

Sematary
11-26-2007, 10:44 AM

I totally agree with you. If you're not doing enough, then start!

Also, one of the things that brings me down now and then is the fact that I'm currently in Philadelphia for college and am unable to travel. Pennsylvania's primary is in April, so I sometimes get the feeling that by then the nomination will be decided already and what I do doesn't matter.

However, I can look on the bright side and think that if Dr. Paul does get the nomination, I could be promoting the General election at the same time =D

When you go on Winter break you could go to one of the early primary states and canvass to help the cause.

drexhex
11-26-2007, 10:49 AM
When you go on Winter break you could go to one of the early primary states and canvass to help the cause.

What can I say? You speak the truth. All I need now is transportation... Hmm... I think it's time to setup a chipin for the Philly college students who want to go to NH or SC :D

Sematary
11-26-2007, 11:01 AM
What can I say? You speak the truth. All I need now is transportation... Hmm... I think it's time to setup a chipin for the Philly college students who want to go to NH or SC :D

Isn't there a student group for Ron Paul there?

drexhex
11-26-2007, 11:03 AM
Isn't there a student group for Ron Paul there?

Yeah, there is... What are you saying? Do you mean organize something with them? I'm sure we're already working on it. Also, there's an organizational meeting tonight for the general Philly meetup group, so I could bring up the subject then.

Sematary
11-26-2007, 11:09 AM
Yeah, there is... What are you saying? Do you mean organize something with them? I'm sure we're already working on it. Also, there's an organizational meeting tonight for the general Philly meetup group, so I could bring up the subject then.

Absolutely. Look into starting a chipin to help you pay for buses or rental cars or something and maybe you could use couchsurfing.com to find places to stay for free.
I'm certain that you can come up with something by being proactive! :)

Matthew Zak
11-26-2007, 11:16 AM
My major problem is that I come up with ideas, but I don't know how to implement them. I am terrible at following directions, as well. I tend to way, way over analyze every step of every procedure, and as a result I don't do much of anything. I have ordered Ron Paul signs for my yard, some bumper stickers (which haven't arrived yet, oddly) and I've donated over $100 to the campaign so far. I've also created a Ron Paul video, and I spam some message boards, and myspace with Ron Paul material. I talk to my friends and family every day. I bought the USA today and left it sitting open to the Ron Paul Ad, in the lunch room at work. I do these things, feeling as though I'm not doing enough. I know I'm not! I feel motivated, yet incredibly disorganized. I have not met with my meet up yet, I don't even know who/where they are. I have not researched how to become a delegate, even though I have forwarded those concerns to everyone I know in hopes that they will be more proactive than I am. I am not completely useless, but I could be making much more of a difference. How can I get over this inability to do more?

filmmaker58
11-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Also, don't forget about fundraising. You can do a lot in your home state to make more people aware of Ron Paul so and to donate more cash to the campaign so he can run ads in the early states. There are millions of people out there that feel just like us, but just don't know about him yet. if we can just reach them, we will win in a landlside. Canvas your precinct with flyers (I use a copy of the USA taday ad on one side, and current info on the other) and remind them to watch the debate on the 28th. I'm sure Ron Paul will kick ass again.

filmmaker58
11-26-2007, 11:24 AM
The link to the pdf http://www.sendspace.com/file/4sohtv

Sematary
11-26-2007, 11:49 AM
My major problem is that I come up with ideas, but I don't know how to implement them. I am terrible at following directions, as well. I tend to way, way over analyze every step of every procedure, and as a result I don't do much of anything. I have ordered Ron Paul signs for my yard, some bumper stickers (which haven't arrived yet, oddly) and I've donated over $100 to the campaign so far. I've also created a Ron Paul video, and I spam some message boards, and myspace with Ron Paul material. I talk to my friends and family every day. I bought the USA today and left it sitting open to the Ron Paul Ad, in the lunch room at work. I do these things, feeling as though I'm not doing enough. I know I'm not! I feel motivated, yet incredibly disorganized. I have not met with my meet up yet, I don't even know who/where they are. I have not researched how to become a delegate, even though I have forwarded those concerns to everyone I know in hopes that they will be more proactive than I am. I am not completely useless, but I could be making much more of a difference. How can I get over this inability to do more?

Get a copy of the voter registration list for your town/city and begin formulating a plan to get material to registered voters who vote in the primaries. That is a good place to start.

LibertyAddict
11-26-2007, 01:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dib2-HBsF08

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTN3s2iVKKI

I'm so happy we have internet now that they cannot control.

ThePieSwindler
11-26-2007, 01:47 PM
Well, im planing on spending a week of my christmas break doing Operation Live Free or Die, basically sleeping on a Ron Paul supporter's couch, waking up, and campaigning every single day.

kylejack
11-26-2007, 01:51 PM

The important part for those who haven't seen it.

Original_Intent
11-26-2007, 01:58 PM
I have been eligible to vote for 28 years now and I take my right to vote very seriously. I vote in every election/referendum I can and I have been waiting my entire life for THIS candidate. He reflects almost perfectly everything I believe our nation is about - integrity, honesty, freedom, liberty. We are supposed to be the beacon that draws the rest of the world's yearning hearts to our bosoms. Instead, our government has become a malignant tumor that infests the rest of the world with grandiose schemes of empire and "empire building". I can't take it any longer and I am going to do everything within my limited power to influence this election and get Ron Paul elected.

If you are NOT doing everything you can to get to people in your town/city/county, etc... and tell them who Ron Paul is then you need to do more. If you think that just voting is enough, then you are not helping. Your vote is important. Your activism is MORE important. You can influence hundreds or even thousands of people to vote for Ron Paul.

Please, I beg of you, if you want the nation that I, and all other freedom loving Americans yearn for - tell people who Ron Paul is! Get off your computer, go get a voting list. Canvass your neighborhood. Put slimjims on cars. Put a yard sign on your lawn and your neighbors lawn and your parents/childrens lawns and your friends lawns. Get those Ron Paul business cards and hand them out! If you're not promoting Ron Paul in the concrete world, then you need to. We own online. Let's own offline and let's do it NOW before it's too late!

Subtract two years from your age and we could have been separated at birth. Ron Paul is the dream candidate that I believe will save our country.

I will admit, though that unlike you, Sematary, I have not done all that I can. I am more than "just avote" supporter, but there are people in my meetup that completely blow me away. Lowell Nelson, Poppy Moreno,and David Garber from the Provo, Utah meetup as far as I can tell they take breaks from Ron Pauling to do things like eat, sleep, go to work...

I think that I have done quite a bit, but you can't be around poeple of that calibre without being constantly humbled. I want us to win, I am willing to make sacrifices, but these people (and I am sure many of you are the same way) completely amaze me with their energy and enthusiasm.

Sematary
11-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Well, im planing on spending a week of my christmas break doing Operation Live Free or Die, basically sleeping on a Ron Paul supporter's couch, waking up, and campaigning every single day.

Nice. I like it.

Sematary
11-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Subtract two years from your age and we could have been separated at birth. Ron Paul is the dream candidate that I believe will save our country.

I will admit, though that unlike you, Sematary, I have not done all that I can. I am more than "just avote" supporter, but there are people in my meetup that completely blow me away. Lowell Nelson, Poppy Moreno,and David Garber from the Provo, Utah meetup as far as I can tell they take breaks from Ron Pauling to do things like eat, sleep, go to work...

I think that I have done quite a bit, but you can't be around poeple of that calibre without being constantly humbled. I want us to win, I am willing to make sacrifices, but these people (and I am sure many of you are the same way) completely amaze me with their energy and enthusiasm.

If you believe in something strongly enough, you will devote all of your free time and energy to that. As I said, I've been waiting my entire life for this candidacy and I am going to do everything I can to help him win the presidency.

American
11-26-2007, 02:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTN3s2iVKKI

I'm so happy we have internet now that they cannot control.

Can anyone find a torrent of this movie, I cant seem to find the "one" network is such a basic term these days I cant find the movie network.

kylejack
11-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Can anyone find a torrent of this movie, I cant seem to find the "one" network is such a basic term these days I cant find the movie network.

Rent or purchase it.

Maltheus
11-26-2007, 03:46 PM
Get a copy of the voter registration list for your town/city and begin formulating a plan to get material to registered voters who vote in the primaries. That is a good place to start.

This is good, I'd initially focus on getting the Libertarians to (re)register as Republicans, since they'll be the easiest to convert. Be sure you know the voter registration deadlines for your state. In Colorado, we need to get people to switch their registrations by December 5th in order to participate in the primaries. Once that date is past, focus exclusively on registered Republicans. And use the meetup site to coordinate your efforts with others in your community.

When you go door to door, you goal is not to convert everyone to being a Ron Paul supporter, it's to identify the supporters, get their contact info and make sure they get out and vote. Don't waste any time arguing unless they're on-the-fence Republicans or Libertarians (and even then, only a little). You also want to identify the more committed supporters who can go on to be delegates and precinct committee people.

This is my biggest problem with the campaign right now. There are legions of supporters out their waiting for direction and they're getting none from the campaign HQ. Money alone, will not do it. We could easily win this thing if they'd spend a little less on advertising and a little more on organization. Ron Paul needs to hire new, more capable people, regardless of any loyalties he may have to those working for him. They're like deer caught in a headlight and they need to get their act together. Granted that electoral rules are placing an artificial division between the paid campaign workers and the volunteers, and that seems to be a big part of the problem right now, but that doesn't mean they can't put together a simple website with step-by-step guidelines for each state. I would do it myself if I had the knowledge. I'm worried they're gonna Buchanan New Hampshire. It's an important state, but they need to be thinking beyond it already.

qwerty
11-26-2007, 03:48 PM
Sematary; are you a delegate ?

Thatīs important!

Sematary
11-27-2007, 01:01 AM
Sematary; are you a delegate ?

Thatīs important!

I have made myself available as a delegate (of course). :)

jointhefightforfreedom
11-27-2007, 02:02 AM
bump