PDA

View Full Version : Abolish the IRS "Setting the Internet on fire"

kpitcher
06-03-2013, 11:46 PM
https://www.facebook.com/iamconservative/posts/10151480104107971

Conservative daily with 2.5 million followers likes GOP Ted Cruz saying the IRS should be abolished. And it's a piece from Fox News! Gee.. where have I heard that before? Out of the 2K+ comments most are saying he's brilliant. Very few are crediting the fight the good doctor put up with these exact same suggestions.

talkingpointes
06-04-2013, 12:18 AM
That's on behalf of their concerted effort to focus the energy into their candidates and too smear ours. Ron is worth more than 100 Ted Cruzs. The IRS should be abolished.

Mani
06-04-2013, 12:24 AM
https://www.facebook.com/iamconservative/posts/10151480104107971

Conservative daily with 2.5 million followers likes GOP Ted Cruz saying the IRS should be abolished. And it's a piece from Fox News! Gee.. where have I heard that before? Out of the 2K+ comments most are saying he's brilliant. Very few are crediting the fight the good doctor put up with these exact same suggestions.

The fact that his ideas are starting to become more mainstream and can actually be discussed and suggested is a win.

Seriously the entire complex tax code is B.S.

It is meant to reward corporatists with armies of tax accountants and lawyers, and screw over the person that doesn't know how to find the loop holes in the system. And if too many common folk figure out those benefits, it's just removed.

Hong Kong has a super easy tax form. In fact the tax department will even let you know, "BTW, based on your two incomes in your family, you will pay less taxes if you file separately...We recommend you file separately." The actual IRD (Internal Revenue Department) will give you tax advice on how to save! WTF!!!

It's a super easy formula, you can figure out without much trouble. It's a scale that goes from 0 to 13% to a max of 17%. It's basically a flat tax with a couple of deductions.

It's so fucking simple it boggles the mind why the US Tax code is so hellish, until you realize it's true intent.

luctor-et-emergo
06-04-2013, 01:49 AM
The fact that his ideas are starting to become more mainstream and can actually be discussed and suggested is a win.

Seriously the entire complex tax code is B.S.

It is meant to reward corporatists with armies of tax accountants and lawyers, and screw over the person that doesn't know how to find the loop holes in the system. And if too many common folk figure out those benefits, it's just removed.

Hong Kong has a super easy tax form. In fact the tax department will even let you know, "BTW, based on your two incomes in your family, you will pay less taxes if you file separately...We recommend you file separately." The actual IRD (Internal Revenue Department) will give you tax advice on how to save! WTF!!!

It's a super easy formula, you can figure out without much trouble. It's a scale that goes from 0 to 13% to a max of 17%. It's basically a flat tax with a couple of deductions.

It's so fucking simple it boggles the mind why the US Tax code is so hellish, until you realize it's true intent.

I'd rather not feel all happy and yay because my government told me a way to pay them a little less.
I'd be happy if they stopped asking for money, they're like a heroin addict. You know they won't change their bad behavior but you pay them anyways because they will ruin your life if you don't.

If there have to be taxes; consumption tax and keep food/edibles exempt.

Noob
06-04-2013, 06:09 AM
Abolish the IRS!

http://act.theteaparty.net/10184/abolish-irs/

Warlord
06-04-2013, 06:12 AM
Abolish Goldman Sachs!

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2013/02/big-bank-welfare-queens-unprofitable-without-government-subsidies-so-why-dont-we-regulate-them-like-utilities.html

Keith and stuff
06-04-2013, 06:24 AM
It is good to see Harry Browne finally getting some mainstream recognition. I don't think he was a doctor, though.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aXs9ujSbM4c

jkr
06-04-2013, 06:24 AM
#ABOLISHit!

FindLiberty
06-04-2013, 06:51 AM
first 8 minutes (audio) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXGepFEqWHs

Red Green
06-04-2013, 08:06 AM
I like getting rid of the IRS, but I don't like Cruz's idea of keeping the income tax. The Feds should be forced to go back to apportionment. Either that or move to a federal VAT.

Cleaner44
06-04-2013, 08:18 AM
These opportunities don't come along often. We need to add fuel to the fire. Who knows what could come of this? It certainly is a chance to shake up the status quo.

jmdrake
06-04-2013, 08:28 AM
I prefer Ron Paul's position. Abolish the income tax and replace it with nothing. Decide what the proper role of government is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rUn-aPvRSY

Brian4Liberty
06-04-2013, 09:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXs9ujSbM4c

jmdrake
06-04-2013, 10:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXs9ujSbM4c

Yep. That's the solution. Shrink the government to its proper size and fund it from tariffs, excise taxes and user fees. And yes that means saying no to the globalist "free traders" who would rather tax your income to fund their international expansionism.

ghengis86
06-04-2013, 10:09 AM
I like getting rid of the IRS, but I don't like Cruz's idea of keeping the income tax. The Feds should be forced to go back to apportionment. Either that or move to a federal VAT.

I don't know if the federal VAT is the answer, but a consumption based tax seems the most fair. That or reduce goverment's size to the point that tariffs cover the costs...anything but taxing the fruits of your labor

FSP-Rebel
06-04-2013, 10:58 AM
I can't say whether Cruz is trustworthy or not but bringing forth this discussion and gaining it some traction seems healthy to me. We all know who started trending this concept and it's great when others emulate it. That said, if Cruz turns out to be a snake I surely don't want his profile owning this issue.

sluggo
06-04-2013, 11:02 AM
IF these guys are serious about ending the IRS, they had best put some sort of plan together. Otherwise it's just talk and will be forgotten about next month.

limequat
06-04-2013, 11:04 AM
How would it be legally done? Constitutional amendment?

Sola_Fide
06-04-2013, 11:05 AM

Yes, only slaves are taxed on income. We can't be free with an income tax.

jllundqu
06-04-2013, 11:15 AM
It still amazed me that the 16th Amendment was ever even ratified (some say it wasn't). But how could the people be so stupid as to fall for this trap? I guess the same way they fell for the Obamacare trap.

ANyone ever notice that liberals always "go big" with their constitutional encroachments? The new deal, the great society, SS, Obamacare... When was the last time (besides the good doctor) that conservatives actually put forward an idea/agenda that would radically shrink the size of government and limit its power?

Perhaps it is worth something that more people are open to abolishing the IRS.

Again... the people get the government they deserve.

Danan
06-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Yep. That's the solution. Shrink the government to its proper size and fund it from tariffs, excise taxes and user fees. And yes that means saying no to the globalist "free traders" who would rather tax your income to fund their international expansionism.

Or you get rid of that too.

Anti Federalist
06-04-2013, 11:48 AM

Yah, honestly, what's the point?

The income tax needs to be abolished.

Whatever FedCoat agency is in charge of collecting the tax is of little consequence.

You could call it the Internal Bureau of Lollipops and Fuzzy Kittens, and it would still be tyrannical.

The very nature of the income tax, and more importantly, income tax withholding, is tyrannical.

Anti Federalist
06-04-2013, 11:50 AM

+rep!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jmdrake again.

Damn it.

sluggo
06-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Ending payroll withholding would force tax change in a year's time.

Let people write a check on April 15th. See how many actually do it.

Edit: And move election day to April 16th. :D

TaftFan
06-04-2013, 11:56 AM

No VAT, instead of single time sales tax.

ghengis86
06-04-2013, 12:14 PM
+rep!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jmdrake again.

Damn it.

Got you covered!

Czolgosz
06-04-2013, 12:26 PM
If government was run by donation, I would likely donate money for certain projects.