PDA

View Full Version : Semi rural Louisiana needs $3,364.20 to run the USA today ad!

jenninlouisiana
11-26-2007, 10:10 AM
How do I go about getting pledges???

I cannot stress how important it is for us to run the ad. ****NO ONE***** around here, except 10 meetup members, knows who Ron Paul is.

And they would vote for him if we could get the word out. They have no name recognition for anyone... they hate Clintion ... but will probably vote for Gouhl based on the 9.11 rhetoric.

Ron Paul is for family farms, no NAIS, gun ownership, he's pro-life... ect... he could have the majority in Louisiana if we can get the word out!!!

My meetup had no one who could afford the 45.00 for 3 months membership until I came by.

I need help. I can't afford to take out this ad. My district will never be able to get delegates with the way this is going...

Is anyone willing to donate to this very important cause?

what's the best way for me to figure out pledges??? HELP!!!!

Jennifer (PM torchbearer if you need a personal reference for me)

KewlRonduderules
11-26-2007, 10:12 AM
You have a picture or image of the ad?

steph3n
11-26-2007, 10:16 AM
The USA Today ad :)

jenninlouisiana
11-26-2007, 10:23 AM
I made a chipin: http://cenla4ronpaul.chipin.com/the-ron-paul-usa-today-ad-in-my-local-paper-alexandria-louisiana

I was talking about running the exact USA today ad.

Why mess with perfection? :D

qwerty
11-26-2007, 10:25 AM
I made a chipin: http://www.chipin.com/contributors/private/id/02c014419a1e752c

Yes, itīs good one since it advertise the Tea Party 07 too!

JenHarris
11-26-2007, 10:53 AM
For 3k you could buy some serious cable network air time, here in my town we're getting something like 100 spots for 1000 dollars. Just thought I'd throw that out as an option for you guys.

jenninlouisiana
11-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Because it is a semi-rural/rural area, many people (such as myself) don't have cable. I have satellite and I don't get the local channels.

But it is a good idea.... I'm not poo-pooing anything!

BrianH
11-26-2007, 11:12 AM
What's the circulation? We just contacted our local paper and the price was $895 for a 3200 daily circulation. But it does reach a lot of the remote farms who have subscriptions but still a little pricey for the circulation. Yours is probably a better deal, but this makes USA Today look like an awesome deal!

coffeewithchess
11-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Because it is a semi-rural/rural area, many people (such as myself) don't have cable. I have satellite and I don't get the local channels.

But it is a good idea.... I'm not poo-pooing anything!

Hey Jennifer,

This is Scott Mullins. I was born and raised in central Louisiana. Most of my family is still there. My parents, grandparents, and father-in-law now all have Ron Paul yard signs in their yards...we were visiting family last week. You are correct, the people in Louisiana need to know about Ron Paul, and I think that passing out his "Farmer Slim Jim" is a great thing in the rural areas. My father-in-law lives in the rural areas and "High Speed" internet is extremely difficult to get, unless it is satellite. Farming in his area is HUGE and I think we should try to get the word out to the farmers ASAP! My father-in-law also said that there is an Avoyelles Parish paper that ALL houses get two days of the week, and we could run ads in it. He thinks it would be about $3000 for a full page ad. What paper are you planning to run the ad in?

Thanks,
Scott

jenninlouisiana
11-26-2007, 11:22 AM
My understanding is that they were bought out by Gannett and when that happened, their prices skyrocketed. They are a "USA Today family of newspapers".

The circulation on a Saturday (that's the $3,364.20 price) is 34,000 homes. The area is called "Cenla" and encompasses about a 4 parish area.

jenninlouisiana
11-26-2007, 11:24 AM
The Town Talk. www.thetowntalk.com Also, I have satellite.

I have ordered 100 slim jims "Family Farms/ no NAIS" and I plan to mail some and hand out some at Petrus, etc.

Did we miss meeting this weekend? I didn't see a call?

coffeewithchess
11-26-2007, 11:24 AM
Yea, our schedule was swamped. I'm mailing more signs back down, because my brother and some friends wanted them.

jenninlouisiana
11-26-2007, 11:30 AM
I figured that's what happened!

The bottom line here, which is GRAVELY Serious is: no name recognition= NO DELEGATES.

No delegates- NO win for Ron Paul.

I can't express in words how serious this is.

Energy
11-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Is the campaign on top of Louisiana?

jenninlouisiana
11-26-2007, 12:27 PM
No. I think they are just coming to understand how bad it is here. New Orleans... that may be a different story...

And the thing is.... Louisiana and Ron Paul would be PERFECT together!

I've been in touch with the national campaign. So I have told them about "nothing is going on" around here.

Sandra
11-26-2007, 12:31 PM
How is voter turnout in that area?

runderwo
11-26-2007, 12:35 PM
1. Get the registered voter lists
2. Send letters, slim jims, liberty cards and DVD to each registered voter, along with information on how to vote in the primary

Also, writing letters to the editor in the newspaper is an easy way to get exposure. Just try to be neutral and make the letter relevant to the locale somehow, not a blatant ad.

jenninlouisiana
11-26-2007, 12:53 PM
We have 1,600 slim jims that we're waiting for delivery and our first event is on Dec 15th.

Maybe the campaign has already given us to Huckabee??????

Sandra, turn out is usually poor, though people WILL come out and vote when their soul is stirred.

No NAIS will get them all fired up. That's why I bought the "ron Paul for family farms" slim jims.

Plenty of times here people win by 1-18 votes. Seriously.

As for mailing... I can mail about 100 items. After that, the meetup can't afford postage.

jenninlouisiana
11-26-2007, 05:49 PM
http://cenla4ronpaul.chipin.com/the-ron-paul-usa-today-ad-in-my-local-paper

correcting the link

torchbearer
11-26-2007, 06:01 PM
For 3k you could buy some serious cable network air time, here in my town we're getting something like 100 spots for 1000 dollars. Just thought I'd throw that out as an option for you guys.

Do you have a way of sending us the ads you used?

Lord Xar
11-26-2007, 06:05 PM
hmm.. I think perhaps a half page might be good and then with the difference you can do a phonebank calling that would reach 100,000 or more people... targeted voters..

34,000 voters.. some repubs, some not.. or target them with phonebank automated calls... we could reach 100,000's with that money.....targeted primary voters..

I am about to launch this capaign for phonebanking automation.

Jordan
11-26-2007, 06:07 PM
What's the circulation? We just contacted our local paper and the price was $895 for a 3200 daily circulation. But it does reach a lot of the remote farms who have subscriptions but still a little pricey for the circulation. Yours is probably a better deal, but this makes USA Today look like an awesome deal!

Thats terrible. For $.25 per paper you might as well do a mailer. Atleast it wont be buried in the news.

torchbearer
11-26-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm up for any idea that maximizes the number of people exposed to Ron Paul's name in a meaningful way.

withallmyheart
11-26-2007, 06:15 PM
How about leaving slims or other flyers on the counters or at least one on the bulletin boards at
feed stores
farm supply stores
vet offices

torchbearer
11-26-2007, 06:21 PM
How about leaving slims or other flyers on the counters or at least one on the bulletin boards at
feed stores
farm supply stores
vet offices

wal-marts would be the best places... if we could get away with it.

torchbearer
11-26-2007, 06:35 PM
//

torchbearer
11-26-2007, 07:06 PM
bump

FSP-Rebel
11-26-2007, 07:24 PM
Sent $15, potentially more later. So many chip-ins to keep up w/

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-26-2007, 07:37 PM
well your 10 meetup people should be out there spreading the word.

face to face is worth much more then an ad ignored

anyways wasnt it already in the USA Today?
if it didnt help then why would it change when you run it?

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-26-2007, 07:41 PM
we could be so much more organized.

it's sad.

jenninlouisiana
11-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Ronpaulstreetteam, I am *exceptionally* organized. I am in contact with state and national leaders.

People don't read USA Today here because 1) they would have to go out and find it and 2) they consider it to be a liberal paper

We are waiting for 1,600 slim jims to be delivered and *then* we will go out. A meetup group in San Francisco is sending us materials as well.

FSP-Rebel... thanks soo much! We appreciate it!!!:)

BrianH
11-26-2007, 08:04 PM
I made a chipin: http://www.chipin.com/contributors/private/id/02c014419a1e752c

I keep trying to get the chipin and I get this:

Oops!

Looks like we took a wrong turn trying to get here:

* /contributors/private/id/02c014419a1e752c

Please hit the "Back" button in your browser to return to the previous page or visit our support area.

You can contact us directly at contact.chipin.com with specific questions.

Thank you!
Team ChipIn

torchbearer
11-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Damn tech trouble! Contact chipin!

jenninlouisiana
11-26-2007, 08:19 PM
No, that's my fault. I posted the wrong link!

Here is the correction:

http://cenla4ronpaul.chipin.com/the-ron-paul-usa-today-ad-in-my-local-paper-alexandria-louisiana

I'll see if I can still edit the first page. Thanks!!!

RonPaulStreetTeam
11-26-2007, 08:22 PM
give me $3,364.20 and I will take THREE months off work and TALK to people FACE to FACE and hand out FREE materials.

Get true conversions.

throwing 3 grand away on another copy of the same ad that didnt get anyone to sign up for Tea Party isnt that smooth is it?

jenninlouisiana
11-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Bumping again for rural congressional district 5 in Louisiana. (my town is semi-rural, the district is mostly rural)...Ron Paul for family farms-- No NAIS!!!!!

coffeewithchess
11-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Hey Jenn,

What if we made an ad speaking directly to farming families and gun owners? I don't think the USA Today ad will convert many new people, but will probably just do name recognition. If we can start reaching the farmers in Louisiana, gun owners and even church goers...I think we could get some new supporters easily...especially from the farmers. The ad should include local LOUISIANA contact information so people can get involved and request more information. What do you think?

me3
11-27-2007, 03:20 PM
//

Mark
12-08-2007, 07:51 AM
How's it going so far?

LibertyEagle
12-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Hey Jenn,

What if we made an ad speaking directly to farming families and gun owners? I don't think the USA Today ad will convert many new people, but will probably just do name recognition. If we can start reaching the farmers in Louisiana, gun owners and even church goers...I think we could get some new supporters easily...especially from the farmers. The ad should include local LOUISIANA contact information so people can get involved and request more information. What do you think?

Jenn, what do you think about this?

jenninlouisiana
12-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm glad to update. I found out I have to collect no more than 999.00 in order to avoid FEC issues.

Yes, farming is BIG. I've been handing out the "Ron Paul for Family Farms" slim jim one at the feed store.

I have 1,000 slim jims and handed out about 400 at the Pineville, La Christmas parade last night. We have the Alexandria one tomorrow and then all my slim jims will be wiped out.

If anyone has extra slim jims you can mail, please do because we have a sign waving next week and an order takes 3 weeks from the 2008.com store. I know I can print stuff out.

My cohort went to Kinkos's and had 100 legal sized copies made of the USA today ad and we handed those out also at the parade.

My chipin is stuck at 280.55 (though I am very happy to have that).

We had an anonymous donor for a billboard and the billboard company said UPS lost the vinyl. They are giving us a new one, and if the first one shows up, we will have a 400.00 vaule for free.

So the chipin may go to a billbaord.

This is a rural area, so we're trying to think of whatever will cover the most amount of people.

Name recognition is an issue (though I was surprised at the parade how many people I saw look up and say, "Oh, Ron Paul.." and then run up to the truck and ask for information because they had heard of his name but knew nothing about him.

I am short on delegates for my district. I have a month to go to find several more.

So that's the report from Louisiana congressional district 5.