PDA

View Full Version : Twisted ankle

Schifference
06-03-2013, 07:15 PM
14 year old Daughter twisted her ankle Saturday. Went to school with her mother today with swollen ankle. Asked for elevator permission and was told she needs a Doctors note to be able to use the elevator. Obvious ankle swollen and obvious from looking at it that it hurts. I told her she has a couple choices. Go to office and say she will not go upstairs and have her work brought down to her, Hobble up the stairs slowly, or try to reason with the administration. But in no case am I going to pay for ex-rays and doctors visits for a sprained ankle. Been there done that.
Sorry for General Politics please move.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-03-2013, 07:34 PM
14 year old Daughter twisted her ankle Saturday. Went to school with her mother today with swollen ankle. Asked for elevator permission and was told she needs a Doctors note to be able to use the elevator. Obvious ankle swollen and obvious from looking at it that it hurts. I told her she has a couple choices. Go to office and say she will not go upstairs and have her work brought down to her, Hobble up the stairs slowly, or try to reason with the administration. But in no case am I going to pay for ex-rays and doctors visits for a sprained ankle. Been there done that.

ask them to pay for the doctor's visit

Anti Federalist
06-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Zero Tolerance.

jclay2
06-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Reported for child abuse.

Anti Federalist
06-03-2013, 07:49 PM

See Something Say Something.

DamianTV
06-03-2013, 08:02 PM
Zero Tolerance.

Zero Tolerance Empathy.

Fixed.

The Definition of Sociopath is one that is unable to have any form of Empathy for another. This is just yet another example that the structure of our society is designed to reward and encourage more and more Sociopathic Behavior in ALL Administration.

noneedtoaggress
06-03-2013, 08:11 PM

4th option: Get out of the prison indoctrination school system.

Anti Federalist
06-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Zero Tolerance Empathy.

Fixed.

The Definition of Sociopath is one that is unable to have any form of Empathy for another. This is just yet another example that the structure of our society is designed to reward and encourage more and more Sociopathic Behavior in ALL Administration.

Policy will be followed.

DamianTV
06-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Policy will be followed.

Because Policy trumps Rights every time. And Rights are voluntarily waived when entering into a Contract. And the Contract is not goverened by Constitution or limits of the Law.

Anyone ever read those fucking agreements that schools throw at people? You seriously have to sign a contract to be able to Grad-joo-eight? From fucking Kindergarden?

evilfunnystuff
06-03-2013, 08:25 PM
If you believe she is not milking it, why not let her have a day or 2 off?

DamianTV
06-03-2013, 08:27 PM
If you believe she is not milking it, why not let her have a day or 2 off?

Days off are goverened by School Policies. Youre not allowed to take a day off, even if you die, because of federal blackmail money for enslaving your children and their minds.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Days off are goverened by School Policies. Youre not allowed to take a day off, even if you die, because of federal blackmail money for enslaving your children and their minds.

yup it's like prison, the school gets funding for the amount of inmates per day

donnay
06-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Sprained Ankle Remedies
Carolyn Dean MD ND

Sometimes I think I injure myself just to make use of all my remedies. A few days ago I twisted my right ankle over the edge of the beach boardwalk. I also landed on my left knee where I sustained a bad gravel burn.

What did I do to be able to stand in one day and walk within two days?

I immediately opened my vial of my homeopathic arnica that I carry with me at all times. I took a few pellets for shock, swelling, pain and bruising and more doses every 15 minutes.

Then I had to walk home. You can’t hail a cab on the walkway or even on the streets in Maui but I made it.

At home I mixed a half-teaspoon of clay in water and put that on my gravel burn to pull out the dirt.

Then I poured several ounces of magnesium oil in a bucket of warm water and soaked both feet.

After the soak I applied arnica cream and ice packs to my ankle and continued to take arnica by mouth every two hours.

At night I put on a wool sock saturated with castor oil and wrapped my foot in a plastic bag. I slept on the living room couch because I couldn’t hop up the stairs on one foot. I supported my legs with several pillows so my feet were elevated.

The next day I was able to stand and took a much needed shower. Then it was more ice, more arnica cream and another castor oil sock at night.

I knew I was out of the woods when my gravel burn hurt more than my ankle sprain!

Today I’m using magnesium cream on my ankle under a clean sock and except for bruising pain on my ankle bone, my foot feels pretty good.

To hasten full recovery I’ll be sure to massage my leg muscles and get a professional massage to balance out my leg and thigh muscles from hopping on my left leg.

So, that’s it, all done without any pain killers and a gratefulness that I have so many remedies that really work!

Because someone is bound to ask, I get my magnesium oil, magnesium cream and clay from LL’s Magnetic Clay.

Source:
http://drcarolyndean.com/2011/03/sprained-ankle-remedies/

green73
06-03-2013, 08:38 PM

For sending kid to a public school...

evilfunnystuff
06-03-2013, 08:48 PM

lol, I remember them telling me I couldn't leave, didn't stop me.

I probly would have dropped out as a freshman, if it were today's schools though (my HS years were the late 90's). But, if I were coming up through school these days, I would probly have gotten a HS Diploma through online courses or something and saved a year or few though.

kcchiefs6465
06-03-2013, 09:58 PM
You can write a letter for your child to miss school. Then it will be an 'excused absence' instead of an 'unexcused.' You get so many per nine weeks. The problem would be falling behind but with an excused absence they will prepare a packet for your child to do as 'makeup work.'

I've missed weeks. No one really cares.

tangent4ronpaul
06-03-2013, 10:29 PM

Tomm:
strap some cold packs to that foot and wrap everything up in a folded over pillow. (Though at this point, it probably just needs an ace bandage or a unna boot (bandage) and the latter is actually better.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unna%27s_boot
They are a bit messy, and it's a lot like applying a cast - being totally anal about avoiding wrinkles/folds. Also be sure to check the distal pulse to make sure you didn't apply it too tight. You want a support bandage, not a tourniquet. here's a video tutorial on applying one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esO_29qGZaU

get crutches. you can rent them cheaply. Grocery store pharmacies or drug stores have them for rent - you can pick up a unna bandage at the same time.
have a parental unit take the knee biter to school, armed with 2 items: A video camera and a copy of your lawyers business card (or just a printout of their contact info off the web). turn on the former when you enter the school, hand the second to whatever clown is refusing access to the elevator immediately prior to asking permission to use it again.

Your problem should disappear. If not, ask them for their contact info, so the local TV news station/newspaper can contact them and get their side of the story.

-t

kcchiefs6465
06-03-2013, 10:36 PM
You can write a letter for your child to miss school. Then it will be an 'excused absence' instead of an 'unexcused.' You get so many per nine weeks. The problem would be falling behind but with an excused absence they will prepare a packet for your child to do as 'makeup work.'

Oh, and there is only two weeks a year where attendence really matters. One (usually, I'm not sure if it's the same everywhere) in September and one in March.

They lose out on federal money if you aren't there on a certain week.

Aside from that,... meh.

heavenlyboy34
06-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Tomm:
strap some cold packs to that foot and wrap everything up in a folded over pillow. (Though at this point, it probably just needs an ace bandage or a unna boot (bandage) and the latter is actually better.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unna%27s_boot
They are a bit messy, and it's a lot like applying a cast - being totally anal about avoiding wrinkles/folds. Also be sure to check the distal pulse to make sure you didn't apply it too tight. You want a support bandage, not a tourniquet. here's a video tutorial on applying one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esO_29qGZaU

get crutches. you can rent them cheaply. Grocery store pharmacies or drug stores have them for rent - you can pick up a unna bandage at the same time.
have a parental unit take the knee biter to school, armed with 2 items: A video camera and a copy of your lawyers business card (or just a printout of their contact info off the web). turn on the former when you enter the school, hand the second to whatever clown is refusing access to the elevator immediately prior to asking permission to use it again.

Your problem should disappear. If not, ask them for their contact info, so the local TV news station/newspaper can contact them and get their side of the story.

-t
I agree with this^^ I've popped my shoulder out a few times (double jointed and all) during sparring as well as really bruised up my toes on a heavy bag, and the ice pack alone fixed it for me. Avoid pain killers as best you (she) can. Pain killers fuck up your stomach if you take them for an extended period of time.

heavenlyboy34
06-03-2013, 11:03 PM

I've missed more that a month. I just did the packets and passed my classes easily. There aren't many classes that can't be done from home. They're almost all ridiculously boring IMO. :p

DamianTV
06-04-2013, 02:23 AM

Whats funny is the classes I skipped, I got better grades in than the classes I went to. Of course, that was probably because I went to class to sleep through.

But yes, I agree, no one really cares. Looking at society as a whole, there are too many people who just dont give a shit if their kids LEARN something or not. Certainly not the teachers. Certainly not the Principals. Certainly not the Prison Guards, er, School Security / Truancy Officers. They only give a shit about their own paychecks and start caring when their jobs are on the line. Oh not enough Inmates, er, Students rather and getting less federal funding? Quick! Get rid of Gym Class! Get rid of Music! Get rid of (you cant cut that class sir, you cut that during the last budget), WHADDYA MEAN CUT MY JOB!?!?!? Enslave MOAR CHILDREN!

Yes, parents are on that list too. There is a big disconnect between EDUCATION and LEARNING. But too many parents think it is the Schools responsibility to make sure their kids LEARN. Then dont do a damn thing when they come home with an EDUCATION (that is Indoctrination) and havent LEARNED anything useful. Their kids come home and instead of undestanding something they can apply to the real world, they come home and have been 'educated' in the Lesson of School. Yes, School itself is a Lesson.

Lesson #1: Obedience

Lesson #2: Confusion

Lesson #3: Inferiority

Lesson #4: Sustained Dependancy

But too many parents that actually do care fail to comprehend that EDUCATION and LEARNING are not only different, but nearly completely Polar Opposites. They make the mistake of pushing their children to get an EDUCATION, and place less emphasis on LEARNING, which is where the understanding of the subject matter takes place. Some fault rightfully falls on the Educators. Hmm, I wonder what their jobs encompass...

Im deviating a bit from the topic title, so although this is something we could talk about in general for hours, I'll try to steer back toward Topic. But really who the fuck do these educators think they are that they can dictate ANYTHING to ANY PARENT? Your child MUST attend school, or else. Or else what? Well, lets not answer that, but that is nothing short of claiming ownership of a human being. The age of 18 has nothing to do with it, period. Educators and School Boards do NOT get to decide how many colds my kid is 'ALLOWED' to come down with. They dont get to decide how many days of education my kid gets to miss. As far as I am concerned, especially those on School Boards are trying to run Tyrannical Educational Systems of their own. Teachers arent quite as much at fault as those who actually genuinely believe they have some sort of Right to tell you what you can and can not do with your kid. My kid didnt do his homework? Why was that? Oh because I was spending time with him? Yeah Mr. Schoolboard, go fuck yourself.

And while Im on a bitch-fest about schools, there is one lesson that is purposefully not taught in schools:

THE SELF CONFIDENCE TO STAND UP AGAINST TYRANNY IN ANY FORM INCLUDING EDUCATION

Anti Federalist
06-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Yes, School itself is a Lesson.

Lesson #1: Obedience

Lesson #2: Confusion

Lesson #3: Inferiority

Lesson #4: Sustained Dependancy

Sig line worthy

catfeathers
06-04-2013, 03:30 PM
It was such a huge relief when I started homeschooling our youngest. No having to get doctor's excuses, he was healthier staying home anyway.
It was a big relief to him too, no school lunches, no riding the bus with bigger rowdy kids, and no competition for the attention he needed.