rich34
06-23-2007, 08:30 PM
http://ronpauldailynews.blogspot.com/2007/06/can-ron-paul-win.html

MusoSpuso
06-23-2007, 08:43 PM
yes

angrydragon
06-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Are you leading to an article or asking?

rich34
06-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Just leading to the article, sorry.

GoRonPaul
06-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Does a leopard have spots?

Noodles
06-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Does a cat have a climbing gear?

angrydragon
06-24-2007, 12:38 AM
I see the link now. I clicked on the technorati link and went in circles. =)

theknightshift
06-24-2007, 01:01 AM

Since somebody commented on my blog that "Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance, so quit your pretending" (http://theknightshift.blogspot.com/2007/06/ron-paul-supporters-vs-fred-thompson.html), I'm assuming he can't.

(But what do anonymous commenters on blogs know? :D )

Zydeco
06-24-2007, 01:39 AM

Yes, next question! :cool:

FluffyUnbound
06-24-2007, 07:04 AM
I don't think Paul can win.

I'm trying to be realistic. A victory in the primaries just isn't in the cards, and that's not what I hope to get out of this.

I just want someone to shame the warmongers and slobbering torturers in what used to be my party. Paul's the only person with the courage to do that.

What everyone will realize at some point is that 80% of the people who still are Republicans actively WANT the war with Iraq escalated, they WANT war with Iran, they WANT people tortured in our name, they WANT the Bill of Rights [other than the 2nd Amendment] to be toilet paper. That's what they're looking for in a candidate.

Paul can't win in that party. He can make it interesting as long as there are several mainstream frontrunners to split the torture vote, but that won't last past South Carolina. All the mainstream candidates other than the eventual candidate will withdraw and that will be it.

All Paul can do is be the conscience the Republican party doesn't want to hear. But that's desperately important work and I'll support him as long as he does it.

rich34
06-24-2007, 08:20 AM
I was kinda just wondering if you guys were going to put the signs out the night before July 4th.

lucky
06-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Yes he will win the primaries and be the Republican nominee and then go on and win the election and be our next President.

Most of us will take some days off and go and have a huge Rally (Party) at his swearing in. Gonna be a lot of hang overs.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
06-24-2007, 08:37 AM
How do we deal with the people who dont like his message? What about the pople who want the government to spoon feed them? The people who want to government to spread a military empire around the globe?

I was brought up in a school system that drilled in year after year that there where 2 kinds of problems in the world. The problems we created, that require government regulation to fix what americans are doing wrong; and the problems caused by other countries, that require our government to go in with relief work and military intervention.

Lots of people have this idea of "Well, if the US government isnt out activly enforcing laws that would protect the world, how are we going to right all the wrongs?"

And lets face it. The media blackout is hurting. People out there are going to vote for whoever the media tells them to vote for. I still dont know who the heck this Barack Obama is, why I should care about him, and what makes him qualfied to lead the country.

rich34
06-24-2007, 08:39 AM
We just gotta hope there ends up being more of us than them. That's what democracy is all about.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-24-2007, 08:46 AM
We just gotta hope there ends up being more of us than them. That's what democracy is all about.

Not even necessary. Let's just hope that we CARE more than they do. There are enough apathetic people who don't vote, that we don't need the majority. We just need enough of us to vote to counter the truly malevolent who also vote.

That's why, while other candidates poll higher, their weak supporters don't match up to Ron Paul's deep and strong support, and is why we're going to have thousands in Iowa next Saturday and the other candidates won't.

lucky
06-24-2007, 08:52 AM
Apologize. I thought this was whether he could or could not win. Not about the apathetic ones that do not matter because their apathy means they do not vote and hence get the government we deem they deserve.

tsoldrin
06-24-2007, 11:06 AM
When you analyze it, there are a lot of goldbergian scenarios where Paul can win the nomination handilly. At this point, two big factors work in his favor... he's the only anti-war guy in the field. That's 25% of the vote right there (IF they vote, and IF they know about Ron Paul and his stance - it's not just a given). Also, all of the other candidates are basically clones, so they are going to dilute eachother's votes rather seriously. All this is not even considering the folks who will be returning to the republican party after having left and those who are third partiers and independents who will be registering republican JUST to vote for Paul...these two factions are an unquantifiable X-factor, but I remain hopeful. I think there is indeed a very real chance.

dude58677
06-24-2007, 11:38 AM
I don't think Paul can win.

I'm trying to be realistic. A victory in the primaries just isn't in the cards, and that's not what I hope to get out of this.

I just want someone to shame the warmongers and slobbering torturers in what used to be my party. Paul's the only person with the courage to do that.

What everyone will realize at some point is that 80% of the people who still are Republicans actively WANT the war with Iraq escalated, they WANT war with Iran, they WANT people tortured in our name, they WANT the Bill of Rights [other than the 2nd Amendment] to be toilet paper. That's what they're looking for in a candidate.

Paul can't win in that party. He can make it interesting as long as there are several mainstream frontrunners to split the torture vote, but that won't last past South Carolina. All the mainstream candidates other than the eventual candidate will withdraw and that will be it.

All Paul can do is be the conscience the Republican party doesn't want to hear. But that's desperately important work and I'll support him as long as he does it.

Yes, he can win. He can get independents and democrats to his side over teh war. He can also get conservatives on his side with the second amendment and abolishing the IRS is fascinating to alot of conservatives.

dspectre
06-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Yes he can win...I had a longer rant...but I will just leave it out for the time being...

JTCoyoté
06-24-2007, 02:59 PM
It all depends on how well we Paul supporters can get the message out. Hitting the various forums with well tutored talking points armed with a keen understanding of the Constitution and Dr. Paul's position with regard to it, an understanding of his position on the major issues in this campaign, as well as posting links to his articles and videos on the web will help a bunch in spreading the word, increasing his chances...

Also, by posting lucid well written letters to the editor in your local newspaper, and spreading the word via the on-line comments sections of your paper, this all will go a long way to making up for the LACK of coverage he gets in the MSM.

JTCoyoté

"Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." -- Thomas Jefferson

NewEnd
06-24-2007, 03:15 PM
After my meetup meeting, I believe in his chances. We had enough to take over my county Republican party handily, and there was lots of good discussion about people approaching the memebrs who were wearing Ron Paul tshirts, and talking about him.

We are a rural county, and we ended up having 2 more people show up than were supposed to, one was a doctor who saw us, (we met at a coffee shop) and offered his doctor's clinic for us to use as a meeting place instead.

Also, all people who said they would show up did.

Mattsa
06-24-2007, 03:46 PM
After my meetup meeting, I believe in his chances. We had enough to take over my county Republican party handily, and there was lots of good discussion about people approaching the memebrs who were wearing Ron Paul tshirts, and talking about him.

We are a rural county, and we ended up having 2 more people show up than were supposed to, one was a doctor who saw us, (we met at a coffee shop) and offered his doctor's clinic for us to use as a meeting place instead.

Also, all people who said they would show up did.

Ron Paul can win

I think I have a sixth sense about things and I can feel a vibe like I've never experienced before

The American people are soooo positive

Keep it together folks. This thing can happen

I just wish I could be in America right now. I'd be out on the street campaigning for Ron Paul

JTCoyoté
06-24-2007, 11:33 PM
The good Doctor has been fortunate and wise enough to surround himself with kindred spirits of many walks... some have been with him in his offices, many are constituents, some are just folks he has befriended throughout his life and Lord there are many. There are others like Lew Rockwell who understood the message, and have compiled the wisdom and the wit of Dr. Paul... for all of us to read and learn.

Like our brother in England points out, the message of America is arousing again after a 100 year sleep that began in earnest with the recession/depression of 1907... Now 100 years later, it is the vision of Washington, Jefferson's creed, Lincoln's prayer, the optimism of T.R., JFK's, "we can do enthusiasm", along with Reagan's realization, that is awakening within the American People... and the catalyst is one man... Ron Paul!

JTCoyoté

" ...the constitution of the United States confirms and strengthens the principle, supposed to be essential to all written constitutions, that a law repugnant to the constitution is void; and that courts, as well as other departments, are bound by that instrument."-- Justice John Marshall, Marbury v Madison, 1803

Terribliz
06-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Here are two good articles about why Ron Paul can win:

http://blog.lewrockwell.com/lewrw/archives/012378.html

and

http://www.lewrockwell.com/ostrowski/ostrowski83.html

JTCoyoté
06-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Here are two good articles about why Ron Paul can win:

http://blog.lewrockwell.com/lewrw/archives/012378.html

and

http://www.lewrockwell.com/ostrowski/ostrowski83.html

Thank you Terribliz for posting these links... the analysis given there is flawless!

http://infowars.com/listen.html

At the above link, there is a great rant going on right now. Alex ties together the reasons why we must fight with the net, to get a groundswell of the people to rise and vocalize there desire for Paul integrity at the head of the federal government. We must rise up in the face of Congress, and the government courts... it is our RIGHT.

Ron Paul CAN win!

JTCoyoté

"We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts not to overthrow
the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." --Abraham Lincoln