PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Rand Paul: Dynamic tech sector must be Free of Government Interference

bobbyw24
06-03-2013, 01:40 PM
By Rand Paul

Special to the Mercury News
Posted: 06/03/2013 12:01:00 PM PDT

Last week I traveled through San Francisco and Silicon Valley, seeing firsthand the cutting-edge research and development at Facebook, Google and eBay. I talked with developers, engineers, executives, investors and technology enthusiasts.

These conversations have all reinforced my basic view: Internet freedom must be preserved and enhanced, and the dynamic technology sector must be freed as much as possible from the grip of government.

Government by its very nature is inefficient. Washington dullards attempting to micromanage tech geniuses would be bad for virtually everyone.

http://www.mercurynews.com/opinion/ci_23375181/sen-rand-paul-dynamic-tech-sector-must-be

ObiRandKenobi
06-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Great job Rand.

bobbyw24
06-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Great job Rand.

"Apple and Google have done more to improve our lives than any politician ever will."

Brian4Liberty
06-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Last week I traveled through San Francisco and Silicon Valley, seeing firsthand the cutting-edge research and development at Facebook, Google and eBay. I talked with developers, engineers, executives, investors and technology enthusiasts.

Dog and pony shows.

In recent years, we have seen repeatedly how the online sphere is enabling democracy and human rights activists to organize and act.

True enough. Ron Paul used to make trips that included visiting with his online activists. Meeting with Zuckerberg or Gates or their hand picked "representatives" isn't quite the same thing.

We are in the midst of a national debate about our immigration system. Some are skeptical about inviting more immigrants into America. I believe we should be welcoming more immigrants, and especially entrepreneurs and innovators. We should work to attract science, technology, engineering and math graduates to come to the U.S. and remain here. We should welcome in particular the best and the brightest.

There are two main sides to this story. There are the people who have experienced what is really happening with this at the ground level (replacing Americans with cheaper imported workers). Then there are the corporatists who push this agenda with the hope of getting favorable treatment from the government for their interests.

talkingpointes
06-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Dog and pony shows.

True enough. Ron Paul used to make trips that included visiting with his online activists. Meeting with Zuckerberg or Gates or their hand picked "representatives" isn't quite the same thing.

There are two main sides to this story. There are the people who have experienced what is really happening with this at the ground level (replacing Americans with cheaper imported workers). Then there are the corporatists who push this agenda with the hope of getting favorable treatment from the government for their interests.

Americans want too much. They are pricing themselves out of the market. Especially in a world where telecommunication is taking over. Mercantilism would do to our economy what that wars and welfare haven't, For sure.

Listening to Americans complain about foreigners is hilarious. I would never hire Americans. They are in general -in the flooring trade, drunks, tweekers, obese and lazy. It's a damn joke. I made more then most older guys and more then the Mexicans because I was good at what I did and am in tip top shape. Which means not needing two other people to do the job of one man.

Brian4Liberty
06-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Americans want too much. They are pricing themselves out of the market. Especially in a world where telecommunication is taking over. Mercantilism would do to our economy what that wars and welfare haven't, For sure.

When the Mercantilists are global, it's simply corporatism.

Listening to Americans complain about foreigners is hilarious. I would never hire Americans. They are in general -in the flooring trade, drunks, tweekers, obese and lazy. It's a damn joke. I made more then most older guys and more then the Mexicans because I was good at what I did and am in tip top shape. Which means not needing two other people to do the job of one man.

Welfare, food stamps and Obamacare will take care of the lazy Americans.