PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Attack on the Ron Paul Curriculum

Warlord
06-03-2013, 09:23 AM
Surprised Lew Rockwell (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/138556.html) linked to this but here goes:

This time from Americans United, a group allegedly dedicated to the separation of church and state. They get most things wrong, as you might expect, but they are clearly worried about Ron's entrance into homeschooling in such a major way. They know it undermines state schools. They also attack Gary North for not emphasizing what they say are his religious views, but why isn't this a good thing to these people? In fact, this curriculum is Ron's, not Gary's nor Tom Woods's. Note, btw, that the separators do not applaud Ron's expansion of the non-state sector in education, since their real agenda is Christian-hating and state loving, not separation of church and state.

-
When former U.S. Rep. Ron Paul announced a new online curriculum for home-schoolers in April, few political observers were surprised. Paul, a three-time candidate for president with a distinctly libertarian bent, has long been wary, if not hostile, to public schools and other government-sponsored public services.

But what was surprising to many was Paul’s choice of leadership for the project. The man he named as director of curriculum development is Gary North.

North, 71, is not a professional educator. He is a leading theorist of Christian Reconstructionism, a radical movement that denounces democracy, thinks some forms of slavery are OK and wants to impose a draconian version of biblical law that prescribes the death penalty for gays, adulterers, blasphemers, witches and incorrigible children, among others.

Like some of his colleagues in the movement, North advocates stoning as the biblically preferred means of execution. The “implements of execution are available to everyone at virtually no cost,” he said once, and executions become “community projects.”

North’s role in the “Ron Paul Curriculum” is a stark reminder of the on**going influence of Christian Reconstructionism on American political and religious life. Although the movement’s views may seem outlandish, adherents and camp followers pop up in many unexpected places.

Christian Reconstructionists trace their thinking back through the centuries, but the modern founding of the movement came in the 1960s with the late Rousas J. Rushdoony, a California theologian who coined the term.

Rushdoony, a prolific author and activist, wrote the three-volume, 1800-page Institutes of Biblical Law and dozens of other books and articles, making the case for a strict application of the Old Testament’s legal code on modern society. In 1965, he founded the Chalcedon Foundation, a Vallecito, Calif.-based outfit, to spread his views about how to establish “theonomy,” literally God’s law.

Says the Chalcedon website, “We believe that the whole Word of God must be applied to all of life. It is not only our duty as individuals, families and churches to be Christian, but it is also the duty of the state, the school, the arts and sciences, law, economics, and every other sphere to be under Christ the King. Nothing is exempt from His dominion.”

Rushdoony promoted a “pre-suppositional” theology that insisted on the pre-supposition that the Bible is true and anything that conflicts with it is inherently wrong. He argued for a rigid patriarchal society where fundamentalist Christian men rule the family, church and community, and dissenters are executed or sent into exile.

Much more
h xxps://www.au.org/church-state/june-2013-church-state/featured/ron-pauls-appalling-pal"]h ttps://www.au.org/church-state/june-2013-church-state/featured/ron-pauls-appalling-pal

green73
06-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Rockwell:

This time from Americans United, a group allegedly dedicated to the separation of church and state. They get most things wrong, as you might expect, but they are clearly worried about Ron's entrance into homeschooling in such a major way. They know it undermines state schools. They also attack Gary North for not emphasizing what they say are his religious views, but why isn't this a good thing to these people? In fact, this curriculum is Ron's, not Gary's nor Tom Woods's. Note, btw, that the separators do not applaud Ron's expansion of the non-state sector in education, since their real agenda is Christian-hating and state loving, not separation of church and state.

cajuncocoa
06-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Warlord gives the impression that Lew Rockwell has attacked the Ron Paul curriculum...the truth is, as green's post clarifies, LRC is only alerting their readers to the attack.

Warlord
06-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Warlord gives the impression that Lew Rockwell has attacked the Ron Paul curriculum...the truth is, as green's post clarifies, LRC is only alerting their readers to the attack.

Wasn't aware he was giving that impression. He's linked to Lew's comments and expressed surprise that he linked to the attack if you get what he means.

LibertyEagle
06-03-2013, 09:59 AM
How about breaking the link to this hit piece?

cajuncocoa
06-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Wasn't aware he was giving that impression. He's linked to Lew's comments and expressed surprise that he linked to the attack if you get what he means.
That was the impression I got...anyway, I'm not surprised that it was linked as the commentary (the actual post) on Lew's site addresses what he thinks the the article's real agenda is.

cajuncocoa
06-03-2013, 10:01 AM
How about breaking the link to this hit piece?
OMG I agree with you. :eek: It would be better to just link to the Rockwell blog.

LibertyEagle
06-03-2013, 10:04 AM
OMG I agree with you. :eek: It would be better to just link to the Rockwell blog.

Yup.

Warlord
06-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Tried to break the link and put Lew's comments above to make it perfectly and abundantly clear to the uninitiated

Warlord
06-03-2013, 10:12 AM

If he's linking to it he's obviously not that bothered and mildly amused by it.

cajuncocoa
06-03-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm betting it's the latter.

sailingaway
06-03-2013, 10:36 AM

seriously, why not link to the guy debunking the idiot instead of the idiot?

Without even seeing Lew's piece, let's give this a shot.

North married a guy's daughter. North had a very public break with the guy over ideology. But the guy says bad stuff.

Ron is having a curriculum put in. We know for a fact he specifically directed North and others that he wanted the curriculum to be friendly to religion but not religious.

But Ron's curriculum has some weird mystic relationship to the thoughts of the long since enstranged father in law of the guy working for Ron who has been instructed not to have a 'religious' curriculum, but one that is friendly to religions.

Do I just about have it?

Progressives want kids in state schools, the earlier the better, to twist them to their own point of view, imho.

I'll find Lew's blog since it isn't even in the OP and will add that.

sailingaway
06-03-2013, 10:38 AM
Tried to break the link and put Lew's comments above to make it perfectly and abundantly clear to the uninitiated

actually, I broke it.

I'm sure you are right, but there is no reason to reward nonentities by raising their blogs in google search when they do hit pieces. If you reward something, you get more of it.

jllundqu
06-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Gary North is like the Christian version of Sharia/Wahabism.... a freaking loon.

I will take a look at the Curriculum in September and decide for myself if there is any hint of religion in the teaching. If so, I will move on to greener pastures. If not, my kids will be the first to employ the RP homeschool system!

sailingaway
06-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Gary North is like the Christian version of Sharia/Wahabism.... a freaking loon.

I will take a look at the Curriculum in September and decide for myself if there is any hint of religion in the teaching. If so, I will move on to greener pastures. If not, my kids will be the first to employ the RP homeschool system!

I think one of the big POINTS of homeschooling is that the government or school is not supposed to teach religion, or for or against religion, it is the place of the family and their religious centers and community. History, math, science, literature, writing, accounting, those, schools should teach.

jllundqu
06-03-2013, 11:16 AM
I think one of the big POINTS of homeschooling is that the government or school is not supposed to teach religion, or for or against religion, it is the place of the family and their religious centers and community. History, math, science, literature, writing, accounting, those, schools should teach.

+ Rep

This is exactly my point. My children's relationship with God is for my family to pursue. One can teach morals without religious dogma.

Warlord
06-03-2013, 11:22 AM
jllundqu: Lew said in his comments they're attacking what they SAY are his beliefs. They might not be entirely all of his or whatever and I seriously doubt North will infect the curriculum with anything not worthwhile.

PASSION FOR POWER
06-03-2013, 11:47 AM
Hi,
If what you're saying about Gary North is even 1/10 true, then Ron Paul needs to seriously reconsider his choice of people for the aforementioned project. Every "rational" and sane person knows by now that god and religion have nothing to do with each other. god, more than likely, does not exist, and religion is mind poison, aimed at using fear tactics to literally steal money from people and pay no taxes. If Gary North is that $%&*ed - up then perhaps increasing the dosage of the psychotropic medication that he is obviously on, may help him. In the interim, he may need to consider standing down, so he can recover from the "dain Bramage" he has obviously suffered.

Speaking of taxes. 13th Amendment could be and should be interpreted as taxes on personal income are illegal. When might Dr. Paul tackle that one with any sincere fervor?

jllundqu
06-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Holy triple-post Batman!!!

jllundqu
06-03-2013, 12:04 PM
And to think... those are the first three posts for new user..... lol

LibertyEagle
06-03-2013, 12:05 PM
He's doing it intentionally. Check the time stamps.

Warlord
06-03-2013, 12:08 PM
As Lew has said, it's a characterization of North's positions which may (very likely) be taken out of context/twisted etc. also North is professional enough to create a broad curriculum that will meet the needs of students. I'm sure he actually said in one of the videos he would do this.

sailingaway
06-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Hi,
If what you're saying about Gary North is even 1/10 true, then Ron Paul needs to seriously reconsider his choice of people for the aforementioned project. Every "rational" and sane person knows by now that god and religion have nothing to do with each other. god, more than likely, does not exist, and religion is mind poison, aimed at using fear tactics to literally steal money from people and pay no taxes. If Gary North is that $%&*ed - up then perhaps increasing the dosage of the psychotropic medication that he is obviously on, may help him. In the interim, he may need to consider standing down, so he can recover from the "dain Bramage" he has obviously suffered.

Speaking of taxes. 13th Amendment could be and should be interpreted as taxes on personal income are illegal. When might Dr. Paul tackle that one with any sincere fervor?

The 16th amendment amended everything there before it was passed. SCOTUS DID find income tax unconstitutional until it was passed.

I'm confident Ron's curriculum will let each family teach their own religious beliefs, and that you would be free to teach your children your lack of them.

ChristianAnarchist
06-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Gary North can believe in the "Great Pumpkin" for all I care, just as long as it's not in the Curriculum...

jllundqu
06-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Agreed.

PASSION FOR POWER
06-10-2013, 07:30 AM
Although appalled, I am convinced that a good modicum of humans have lost conscious contact with reality. The insatiable craving to "CONTROL" and to "literally" INFLICT an opinion on others, is almost that of a bad "B" Sci-Fi movie. If 1% of what they are saying about Gary North is true, I think they should "stone" him first. John Lennon said it best when he said that "It's an insane world, being run by insane people." The sad part is, that the "sheeple" have become so complacent with their huge flat screen T. V.' s and their "smartphones" they have neither the inclination or the fortitude to question any of the things that are keeping the "choke-chain" leash on Americans. Once again "RELIGION;" the worst poison ever put on the Earth. Religious zealots, demanding obedience, and of course a percentage of your money.
With respect, be safe.

PASSION FOR POWER
06-10-2013, 07:31 AM
Agreed my friend.
Although appalled, I am convinced that a good modicum of humans have lost conscious contact with reality. The insatiable craving to "CONTROL" and to "literally" INFLICT an opinion on others, is almost that of a bad "B" Sci-Fi movie. If 1% of what they are saying about Gary North is true, I think they should "stone" him first. John Lennon said it best when he said that "It's an insane world, being run by insane people." The sad part is, that the "sheeple" have become so complacent with their huge flat screen T. V.' s and their "smartphones" they have neither the inclination or the fortitude to question any of the things that are keeping the "choke-chain" leash on Americans. Once again "RELIGION;" the worst poison ever put on the Earth. Religious zealots, demanding obedience, and of course a percentage of your money.
With respect, be safe.

PASSION FOR POWER
06-10-2013, 07:37 AM
With respect, be safe.