PDA

View Full Version : Lautenberg has died.

Warlord
06-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Senator Frank Lautenberg, the oldest member of the Senate, died this morning of viral pneumonia at age 89, his office said.

supermario21
06-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Republicans pick up a Senate seat then, right?

Warlord
06-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Republicans pick up a Senate seat then, right?

Yes but as I understand it there will be a special election pretty swiftly.

I can't remember exactly the relevant dates but there's a cut off this fall.

supermario21
06-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Yes but as I understand it there will be a special election pretty swiftly.

I can't remember exactly the relevant dates but there's a cut off this fall.

No special, but there's a 2014 election. I could see Christie appointing a staffer or even a Dem.

Warlord
06-03-2013, 07:53 AM
No special, but there's a 2014 election. I could see Christie appointing a staffer or even a Dem.

He will appoint someone hopeless. Christie is very predictable.

ronpaulfollower999
06-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Warlord is faster than the AP.

Debbie Downer
06-03-2013, 07:54 AM

Has Christie changed his party registration yet? RINO (well, not any,ore) Gov. Lincoln Chafee in Rhode Island just did.

Warlord
06-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Warlord is faster than the AP.

Satellite communications from the mountains are lightening fast -- thanks US taxpayers!

sluggo
06-03-2013, 07:57 AM
The man who had thousands disarmed, for misdemeanors, for life.

http://www.recordclearing.org/learn-more/domestic-violence-the-lautenberg-amendment-gun-rights/

Debbie Downer
06-03-2013, 07:58 AM
The man who had thousands disarmed, for misdemeanors, for life.

http://www.recordclearing.org/learn-more/domestic-violence-the-lautenberg-amendment-gun-rights/

But he did it for the children and to punish men, so that's ok.

Warlord
06-03-2013, 07:59 AM
But he did it for the children and to punish men, so that's ok.

Presently answering to God.

What' the exact sequence of events according to your belief system that now happens to his mortal soul?

Debbie Downer
06-03-2013, 08:03 AM

What' the exact sequence of events according to your belief system that now happens to his mortal soul?

I don't know, only God knows.

If he died with unrepentant mortal sin he'd go straight to hell. Since he was a Jew, Democrat, and politician, I'd say that's the most likely scenario. However, only God knows what was in his heart and I therefore can't judge whether he is in hell or not.

Warlord
06-03-2013, 08:04 AM
There will be a swift special when Warlord looked it up he realized this:

@SteveKornacki

The law in NJ (as I understand it): Christie picks interim, has choice whether to call special for 11/13 or a free-standing date before then
-

The Dems there probably factored in the fact that he would die at some point. They're not stupid.

tangent4ronpaul
06-03-2013, 08:11 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDLQg8ZKBS8

So who are the other oldest members of Congress and other members with health problems - like McCains cancer?

-t

pcosmar
06-03-2013, 08:21 AM

We all do eventually.
but this is very good morning news.

Good riddance and may God have mercy on his soul,, if it is right for him to do so.

NationalAnarchist
06-03-2013, 08:25 AM
I don't know, only God knows.

If he died with unrepentant mortal sin he'd go straight to hell. Since he was a Jew, Democrat, and politician, I'd say that's the most likely scenario. However, only God knows what was in his heart and I therefore can't judge whether he is in hell or not.

LMAO...As an Atheist I find things like this amusing....it truly is funny to me I guess some people take it seriously I just laughed really hard and spit my water out LOL. Anyways good news!

HOLLYWOOD
06-03-2013, 08:33 AM
So who are the other oldest members of Congress and other members with health problems - like McCains cancer?

-tJohn Dingel (D-Big 3 Auto Representative Michigan) He was on this pass weekend's 'Propaganda Sunday' shows... Dingel has been working in the Washington DC House since 1941, when he was a page and his daddy was a Congressman. Congressman since 1955 http://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/john_dingell/400110

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dingell
If he serves until June 8, 2013, he will become the longest-serving member of Congress in American history. Currently, he has served for 57 years, 172 days.

John Dingel and his father have represented the Auto Industry since 1933

Lautenberg missed 85% of Senate votes this year... another emperor dies of old age in office.

tangent4ronpaul
06-03-2013, 08:35 AM
http://www.northjersey.com/news/national/US_Sen_Frank_Lautenberg_dies_at_xx.html

This doesn't sound good...

He had a breakthrough last month on one of them, a bill to overhaul the law that regulates chemicals used in household products, when a bipartisan compromise bill was unveiled.

Anyone know the details? This sounds rather ominous...

F'n cocksucker:

Lautenberg is probably best known for his crusade against smoking, including a ban on smoking on airplanes enacted through a series of bills first adopted in 1989. He also battled repeatedly to prevent the privatization or de-funding of Amtrak.

2009: Ranked by National Journal magazine as the nation's fourth-most liberal senator.

April 17, 2013: Breaks six-week absence from Senate floor to cast vote on gun-control measures.

Pure evil receded a little bit today. Rot in hell you SOB!

-t

NationalAnarchist
06-03-2013, 08:40 AM
If there is a special election there anyone in NJ we would like to run for the seat?

brandon
06-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Nah Jersey sucks. They aren't going to elect anyone good.

tangent4ronpaul
06-03-2013, 08:45 AM
If there is a special election there anyone in NJ we would like to run for the seat?

Judge Nap!

-t

trey4sports
06-03-2013, 09:04 AM
hopefully we get someone better.

Brian Coulter
06-03-2013, 09:06 AM
LMAO...As an Atheist I find things like this amusing....it truly is funny to me I guess some people take it seriously I just laughed really hard and spit my water out.

It guys like you who make people think all atheists are dicks.

amy31416
06-03-2013, 09:10 AM
I wonder if it's possible for NJ/Christie to appoint someone even worse than Lautenberg...I think it's a challenge, but they're up to it.

thoughtomator
06-03-2013, 09:25 AM
I wonder if it's possible for NJ/Christie to appoint someone even worse than Lautenberg...I think it's a challenge, but they're up to it.

Yes, and keep your eye out because I have zero doubt he will be accepting that challenge with the intent to exceed all expectation.

pcosmar
06-03-2013, 09:32 AM

And there ya have it.

It is hard to imaging worse, but that is certainly a possibility. as is getting someone just a little less bad.

I have doubts that any of the damage will be reversed.

green73
06-03-2013, 09:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccsNr9UJeVY

thoughtomator
06-03-2013, 09:34 AM
When certain individuals arrive in hell, they are treated as honored guests.

VIDEODROME
06-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Hell's to good for him.

send him to Detroit.

amy31416
06-03-2013, 10:14 AM
And there ya have it.

It is hard to imaging worse, but that is certainly a possibility. as is getting someone just a little less bad.

I have doubts that any of the damage will be reversed.

Reverse their "progress?" Not a chance in hell....

compromise
06-03-2013, 11:34 AM
My condolences to his family. I didn't agree with his policies, but thank him for his service to our nation during the Second World War.

The main potential liberty GOP candidates in NJ seem to be:
- Geraldo Rivero (doesn't support RKBA)
- Rep. Scott Garrett (has had a very bad year this year with regards to fiscal issues)

Smart3
06-03-2013, 11:43 AM
A Republican has not won a Senate seat in 40 years in NJ.

Senator Booker.

Warlord
06-03-2013, 11:47 AM
A Republican has not won a Senate seat in 40 years in NJ.

Senator Booker.

Another con man for Democrats to fall in love with.

NationalAnarchist
06-03-2013, 06:46 PM
Judge Nap!

-t

YES! I wonder if he would! I can see it now! He is appointed or wins this seat. In 2016 runs for president and wins! Maybe throw Rand a bone and let him be VP or something :D