PDA

View Full Version : Another PaulAddict with a few positive observations around Raleigh, NC.

NCSURonPaulAddict
11-26-2007, 09:41 AM
First off, I'm a 19 year old NCSU student that has never been interested in politics before Dr. Paul. Along with joining my local meetup and donating on Nov. 5th (and convincing my dad to nearly max out) I've recently joined the newly created NCSU Students for Ron Paul club. Like many, I lurked here for quite a while but figured I should eventually post.

I'd like to note that there are quite a few Ron Paul yard signs and bumper stickers around the city and campus, so people are getting exposure to his name! There aren't many signs (if any) for other candidates. Everyone I talk to in the area while blanketing with Slim Jims is also very positive.

Tonight I'm driving down to the Myrtle Beach rally, I'll try and post some pictures in this thread tonight.

Jason

smhbbag
11-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Hahaha, NCSU grad here, still living in Raleigh...and of course talkin up Ron Paul on TWW :)

I haven't seen many signs/stickers around the west/north side of Raleigh, but I headed down by campus for some pizza the other day for the first time in years. I saw 5 separate cars decked out with RP gear.

It was hilarious. I shoulda known that it would be much more solid down there.

Shink
11-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Good news! Is there any chance of Fayetteville getting blanketed? I can just imagine all the exits from Fort Bragg w/Ron Paul signs and supporters. It'd be huge. That'd possibly double or triple our military/vet contingent.

TechnoGuyRob
11-26-2007, 09:51 AM
This is why I'm kind of worried. There's a lot of people that maxed out on the 5th, and I doubt there's going to be as many on the 16th.

Are you, in total, going to bring in more or less money for the 16th?

NCSURonPaulAddict
11-26-2007, 09:54 AM
The amount of people that my Dad and I have now convinced to donate far surpasses the amount on the 5th. :)

PatriotOne
11-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Fab NCSU. Can't WAIT to hear your rally experience. Are you kidnapping any of your apathetic political friends to the rally? Hearing RP speak is the fastest sure-fire way to convert :D.

NCSURonPaulAddict
11-26-2007, 11:03 AM
One of my friends is going, most of the others can't make it because of classes. Most of my friends are Paulites anyways, I figure I've gotten 15 or so to register specifically for Dr. Paul. We're getting organized... who says the youth doesn't vote? ;)

JMann
11-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Also from Raleigh and I get a smile on my face driving around town and seeing Ron Paul signs at every exit on the belt line and most major intersections. Spotted a big goggle Ron Paul banner hanging from the Ridge Road bridge on 440 on Thanksgiving. The Crabtree Mall exit has about 5 signs lining the ramp now. It is a great sight and they are all campaign signs as opposed to the homemade signs.

NCSURPaddict: Any chalking plans? Has the Free Expression Tunnel been Paul'ed?