PDA

View Full Version : Laura Ingraham: Stay Cautious on Syria

supermario21
06-02-2013, 01:43 PM
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/laura-ingraham-counsels-caution-on-syria-stuns-chris-wallace-you-sound-like-a-congressman/

She's learning...

The normally pugnacious Laura Ingraham struck an odd note of restraint of Fox News Sunday over the prospect of American intervention in Syria.

“I’m not going to sit here and in any way defend Barack Obama’s foreign policy,” Ingraham said, “but in this case we have to know with whom were dealing.”

Like Rand Paul on Friday, Ingraham objected to al-Qaida’s corruption of Syrian rebel forces, who are now attacking Christians in the region.

“We have entire Christian villages slaughtered, women and children, by the Syrian rebels,” Ingraham said. “The idea that were going to send arms to these people who are slaughtering Christians, and have one goal, which is to establish an Islamic caliphate thorught the Middle East—and, if they get their way, throughout Africa as well—is ludicrous.”

“Wait,” said a taken-aback Chris Wallace. “Are you saying let Assad stay in?”

“I’m saying America has got to grapple with this idea of a limited power in a world where the parties are unknown, where their intentions are unknown,” Ingraham said.

“You sound like a congressman!” Wallace said. “Are you saying let Assad rule?”

“I’m saying let them figure it out.”

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-02-2013, 01:47 PM
Leave it to Chris Wallace to always make himself sound like an ass.

Warlord
06-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Wallace is a fascist who wants war everywhere.

If it was up to Wallace and Kristol the US would be turned into a military state headed by the Joint Chief of Staff (someone they worship like Petraeus) and with 30% of resources devoted to the Pentagon. Even then they'd still complain it wasn't enough.

Sola_Fide
06-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Chris Wallace is one of the biggest shills in the game.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Wallace is a fascist who wants war everywhere.

Which is exactly why he always sounds like an ass. If he wants to fight, I bet he has a passport. He's clearly paid for that bullshit, and nothing else.

FSP-Rebel
06-02-2013, 02:07 PM
It's almost like she feels comfortable puppeting Rand's talking points around in confident fashion. It's great to have a mouth piece spitting the right lingo considering her profile and audience.

lib3rtarian
06-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Why aren't the Christian conservatives cheering for war everywhere see that in the end, minority Christians in the region ALWAYS get slaughtered at the hands of these "rebels" with the arms they vote to give them? The Muslims at least care for their brethren, but the Christians, not so much.

enhanced_deficit
06-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Enhanced_Deficit: Stay Cautious on Laura Ingraham

That is my view.

enhanced_deficit
06-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Why aren't the Christian conservatives cheering for war everywhere see that in the end, minority Christians in the region ALWAYS get slaughtered at the hands of these "rebels" with the arms they vote to give them? The Muslims at least care for their brethren, but the Christians, not so much.

To be fair, many of same US "Christians" who don't sweat much about sluaghter of their "brethren" in mideast do care a lot about population of UK whatever their religion might be these days. Killing of few in UK got more media coverage than killing/exile of almost a million Arab Christians of Iraq. Why that be?

compromise
06-02-2013, 02:17 PM
To be fair, many of same US "Christians" who don't sweat much about sluaghter of their "brethren" in mideast do care a lot about population of UK whatever their religion might be these days. Killing of few in UK got more media coverage than killing/exile of almost a million Arab Christians of Iraq. Why that be?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Europe#Eurobarometer_poll_2010
Only 37% of Brits believe in God.

William R
06-02-2013, 03:20 PM
bump

James Madison
06-02-2013, 03:54 PM

It isn't in man's nature to be perceptive of Truth. It was the most devout among the Israelites that called for Christ's crucifixtion.

AlexAmore
06-02-2013, 04:09 PM
How to Argue Like a Neocon 101:

If an opponent addresses you with an intellectual argument, don't even try to hide the fact that you're using a straw man. Just loudly and proudly exclaim "So your saying you want [completely theoretical outcome]?!". Rinse and repeat.

Occam's Banana
06-02-2013, 04:11 PM
“Wait,” said a taken-aback Chris Wallace. “Are you saying let Assad stay in?” [...] “Are you saying let Assad rule?”

Ingraham may be too much of a coward to say it (or - much more probably - simply wants to have it both ways), so I will:

Yeah, Chrissy-boy. I'm saying let Assad stay in. I'm saying let Assad rule. Wanna make something of it, you smug prick?