PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Gohmert: ‘If It Had Not Been For McCain/Obama,Benghazi would not have happened"

compromise
06-02-2013, 10:30 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/31/gop-rep-louie-gohmert-if-it-had-not-been-for-sen-john-mccain-and-president-obamabenghazi-would-not-have-happened/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=Share%20Buttons&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=Share%20Buttons

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) on Friday placed blame on Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and President Barack Obama for the Benghazi terrorist attack.

Appearing on conservative radio host Frank Gaffney’s program on Friday, Gohmert argued that Obama and McCain’s (and others) support for the Libyan rebels’ cause, of which intelligence suggested al-Qaeda involvement, emboldened Muslim extremists forces that later attacked the U.S. compound in Benghazi.

That is also why Gohmert is completely opposed to McCain’s plan to fund and arm the rebels in Syria.

“If it had not been for Senator John McCain and President Obama being for what we knew at the time included al-Qaeda anti-rebel forces, then we would still have a U.S. ambassador and three others alive today, because Benghazi would not have happened,” he said.

He continued: “By giving power to the rebel forces that included al-Qaeda, that brought that whole mess about and helped create problems in Tunisia and Algeria. So I’m not sure what to think about his going to Syria. If history’s any lesson, the people he met with who wants us to help should be very careful about what Senator McCain’s support could mean for them.”

The conversation began with a discussion about McCain’s recent trip to Syria where the senator met with rebel forces. McCain supports U.S. intervention in the bloody Syrian conflict, while others, like Gohmert, believe arming the rebels would mean arming radical Islamists and members of al-Qaeda.

He's quickly becoming one of my favorite Congressmen.

compromise
06-02-2013, 01:47 PM
bump

mad cow
06-02-2013, 05:06 PM
How about not funding either side of any conflict who has not declared war on us,ever.
Americans as individuals should be free to fund or go fight in any war on any side they want,as long as it is not a country the USA is at war with,which would be treason.
See Lafayette Escadrille,Abraham Lincoln Brigade for examples,there are others.

Debbie Downer
06-02-2013, 05:28 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/31/gop-rep-louie-gohmert-if-it-had-not-been-for-sen-john-mccain-and-president-obamabenghazi-would-not-have-happened/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=Share%20Buttons&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=Share%20Buttons

He's quickly becoming one of my favorite Congressmen.

I saw him on some panel at CPAC about America fighting too many wars, he seemed ok. Tom Cotton was on the panel promoting war...

NewRightLibertarian
06-02-2013, 05:29 PM
Awesome! We need more of this out of GOP reps and senators

compromise
06-03-2013, 11:21 AM
I saw him on some panel at CPAC about America fighting too many wars, he seemed ok. Tom Cotton was on the panel promoting war...
Yeah, Cotton's a neocon (and boring). Gohmert's more of a realist and has voted the right way on more than a few civil liberties bills. He has of the best records on fiscal issues this year. Charismatic and fiery too. Offered Rand his boots during the 13 hour filibuster. He's one of the best allies we've got.

HOLLYWOOD
06-03-2013, 11:34 AM
Gohmert & his staff must be reading all the conservative websites...

American people aren't buying corporate media propaganda, plus they are getting fedup with bought & paid for politicians in Washington DC creating war after war, spending on foreign military base after base, blowing billions on ally dictators/racist regimes... as this country becomes dilapidated with record Americans falling into poverty and homelessness.

LibertyEagle
06-03-2013, 12:08 PM
I'm just going to point out that a lot of this wind change in Republican thought is largely due to Rand's actions. I am amazed at how much he has been able to change sentiment in such a short time. It's nothing short of amazing. We have a long, long way to go, but we are headed in the right direction for once.