PDA

View Full Version : Report: Government Shuts Down LDS Canneries and Demands Lists of Patrons

sailingaway
06-01-2013, 02:56 PM
because charity is evil since it doesn't let government control the poor. Or what?

http://revolutionradio.org/?p=51108

The LDS church runs farms and
canneries manned by thousands of volunteers to provide food and groceries
for the needy, unemployed, those who have survived disasters, or famines in
other parts of the world. These canneries have been in ever increasing
demand to supply food for those who need it. The LDS Church welfare
program produces canned fruits, vegetables, pastas, dairy products, breads,
flours, and grains. They even produce soaps, shampoos, and other health
aids. The LDS church welfare program has employment services and programs
to retrain people to get them back on their feet. It is all about self
sufficiency. Well the government lately has not taken lightly to a private
entity competing with them to provide for the needy and has been hitting
these private canneries and food stores with un needed regulations and
bureaucracy.The canneries always surpassed the health inspections, so
the feds had to hit them with new and expanding regulations .Finally the
church has had to give in to the government pressure and shut down
facilities all across the east coast putting many needy people in jeopardy,
hurting those who cant feed their families, and hindering in the world wide
famine relief efforts.That is the Change our new government wants,
they want people to be dependent on their welfare program, not a private
programs that actually works.
Please pass this on, the main news media will probably not cover this
story. Here are two links, please read them.

http://www.inedc.com/1-4688

The government even raided several canneries looking for lists of the
patrons.

http://www.preparednesspro.com/breaking-news-lds-canneries-halt-canning-2/

Anti Federalist
06-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Free Country.

PierzStyx
06-01-2013, 03:23 PM
The Church Welfare program was designed to help keep people from being dependent on the government and "abolish the evils of the government dole" according to Lds Leader and Prophet Heber J. Grant. The LDS Church has long promoted self-reliance among its members and service to the needy to help them regain their independence as well. It is no surprise that the government would take aim at these programs, and ones like them everywhere. The government can't stand competition and wants us to be dependent on it, so it can own us.

amisspelledword
06-01-2013, 03:27 PM
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865579566/LDS-home-storage-centers-tweaking-cannery-policy.html?pg=all

mad cow
06-01-2013, 03:58 PM
From the Article:

LDS Canneries “east of the Mississippi” will no longer be canning any food at their facilities beginning June 27th, 2013, as they are no longer able to justify the abhorrent costs to keep in compliance with the ever-changing criteria set forth by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration.

"But they are just the sort of armed enforcers we need to mandate regulations to protect us from GMO's"
-say millions of marchers world-wide.

SMH

tangent4ronpaul
06-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Interesting story, though the facts posted here don't seem to be the actual facts...

-t

Carson
06-01-2013, 11:41 PM
They are a lifeline to untold numbers of people world wide. Not strictly members either.

It certainly seems safer to me to pool your resources and can as a group then to do it as individuals in kitchens in the home. Look at the assembly line they have going for themselves.

Sola_Fide
06-01-2013, 11:52 PM
The Church Welfare program was designed to help keep people from being dependent on the government and "abolish the evils of the government dole" according to Lds Leader and Prophet Heber J. Grant. The LDS Church has long promoted self-reliance among its members and service to the needy to help them regain their independence as well. It is no surprise that the government would take aim at these programs, and ones like them everywhere. The government can't stand competition and wants us to be dependent on it, so it can own us.

Then why is food stamp and welfarism so common, especially amongst polygamist Mormons?

Carson
06-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Then why is food stamp and welfarism so common, especially amongst polygamist Mormons?

I think what your thinking of was a very small percentage of the church. Much like you might find in any other denomination.

I do remember one group that took advantage of the system that would make even a politician stand up and take notice. For pointers of course.

If I remember right they had a church that provided them with housing and food since they were out of work. Since they had time off being out of work and all they donated their time to the church building things like the church and housing for people out of work. Since they didn't own anything outright they qualified for public assistance. I think they called it, "Bleeding the Beast".

I'm surprised some politician hasn't had the instructions for "Bleeding the Beast" printed up in several foreign languages like they have for foods-stamps in Spanish. Maybe the central banks already have someone on it. If not it would be an opportunity for an enterprising individual working their way up through the system.

Be the sort of idea to propel you into a position in the United Nations.

tangent4ronpaul
06-02-2013, 12:33 AM
Summary of facts as I understand them so far:

The federal gvmt via FDA and USDA is targeting self sufficient food production, and LDS canneries and orchards in particular by adding constantly changing and stricter regulations designed to shut them down.

Canneries east of the Miss river (and in 4 western states) will stop letting church members and the public come in and can their own food. They will, however:

Loan out canning equipment for several days at a time so people can can at home.
Continue to sell canned items at cost, however these items will have to be canned by volunteers west of the Miss river and delivered to eastern locations, stressing the production system.
Some locations will continue to sell bulk items, like grain. Some will discontinue doing this.
At least one location has stopped canning meat due to new FDA/USDA regulations.
It may be possible to still can in some locations in the east after June if there are UN-canned food supplies left on site.

FBI raided one cannery in TN demanding financial info and member lists. They didn't get either.
Also in TN, there was some door to door activity trying to determine peoples level of preparedness as far as food stocks.

What I really don't get is why federal regulations would effect almost exclusively people living east of the Miss river.
I have also seen no specific mention of what these regulations are, other than for orchards. There was the accusation that USDA was in the habbit of dropping by to find something wrong and fine a cannery for revenue.

As to orchards - they demanded knowing who everyone was that was volunteering there, insisted on "training" that consisted mainly of:
wash your hands
watch any kids helping and make sure they wash their hands
you must carry a training verification ID card on your person
any fruit that hits the ground can not go into a basket
it is illegal to eat fruit in the orchard.

I am just sooo sure that illegal er, "undocumented workers" working on corporate orchards have to go through this same, rigorous, common sense safety regulations... :rolleyes:

Actually, for canneries, I believe having someone on staff and present that had a special certification, fudguv "training" people doing the canning and one anecdote of a USDA inspector coming in and telling them they couldn't can these peaches because they were too "juicy", so they ended up dehydrating them first.

-t

helmuth_hubener
06-02-2013, 12:34 AM

I do not know. Keep in mind that the polygamist Mormons are not members of the Church, they're their own split off thing. There's very few of them, and living off in the wilderness in semi-isolated communities as they often do may make it difficult to get money and survive any other way. The Amish do it, though, of course, so they should get to work and be self-reliant!

Another possible factor: the more recent leaders of the Church, the ones who set up the Welfare Program and spoke a lot about the evils of the dole, are ones whom the split-off polygamist groups do not follow. Again, they're not part of the main LDS (Mormon) Church, who are the ones who do the canning.

Thanks, sailingaway, for posting this. I have forwarded it to my LDS relatives.

oyarde
06-02-2013, 12:38 AM
What is the gubmint going to do with the list of patrons? force feed them food stamps ?

moostraks
06-02-2013, 09:35 AM
What is the gubmint going to do with the list of patrons? force feed them food stamps ?

My guess is compiling a list of survivalist types and also cross referencing to send social services to "help" families out of their children...

Dr.3D
06-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Something tells me, the government wants to be able to starve people at will and can't have places like these standing in the way.
If you control the food supply, you control the people.

Dr.3D
06-02-2013, 10:06 AM

I would suspect, they want to know how much food those people have put away. I'm pretty sure, the government doesn't want anybody to have a full years supply of food on hand.

JK/SEA
06-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Free Country.

i'm starting to re-think that.

talkingpointes
06-02-2013, 10:10 AM

Yes, ask any mormon about this program and the difference between welfare and this is what you usually hear. Welfare is for drug addicts and people that have major problems with authority. The church will give only the people they deem worthy and will put it too good use.

They all pay 10% and their church is now beginning to catch up with RCC in terms of money and power. But the reality is just like everywhere you know the people at the top use it just like everyone else. Hell they make all their churchs temples out of marble. That is EXTREMELY expensive, in the millions. I know it isn't donated and that money comes from somewhere.

talkingpointes
06-02-2013, 10:14 AM
I do not know. Keep in mind that the polygamist Mormons are not members of the Church, they're their own split off thing. There's very few of them, and living off in the wilderness in semi-isolated communities as they often do may make it difficult to get money and survive any other way. The Amish do it, though, of course, so they should get to work and be self-reliant!

Another possible factor: the more recent leaders of the Church, the ones who set up the Welfare Program and spoke a lot about the evils of the dole, are ones whom the split-off polygamist groups do not follow. Again, they're not part of the main LDS (Mormon) Church, who are the ones who do the canning.

Thanks, sailingaway, for posting this. I have forwarded it to my LDS relatives.

Do you know the differnce? Mainstream mormons believe in polygamy as a big family in the afterlife ONLY, where as the fundamentalist believe that if couples are not together and sealed on this life they won't be polygamist in their afterlife, or won't have as many mates. The fundamentalist are following the same doctrine handed down from Bring'em Young and Joeseph Smith?

If that is the original religion it's a matter of preference. I know mainstream mormons are embarrassed by the polygamist. But get to know them and then ask them again. They will laugh and say the truth later on.

It's a church ideology based on fighting a war in the afterlife and they need as many people on OTHER planets they can get.

oyarde
06-02-2013, 10:25 AM
My guess is compiling a list of survivalist types and also cross referencing to send social services to "help" families out of their children...

Yes the children must be stolen for re education camp .

oyarde
06-02-2013, 10:32 AM
I would suspect, they want to know how much food those people have put away. I'm pretty sure, the government doesn't want anybody to have a full years supply of food on hand.

Probably , I had not thought of that. Between what I kill , grow , can , buy and put back ( beans, spam , olives , beanie weinies, wine :) ), I imagine they would not like it. Some fried Spam and fresh eggs are good enough breakfast for me, I can hunt deer ,rabbits, turkeys, squirrels all day on that :)

Ender
06-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Yes, ask any mormon about this program and the difference between welfare and this is what you usually hear. Welfare is for drug addicts and people that have major problems with authority. The church will give only the people they deem worthy and will put it too good use.

They all pay 10% and their church is now beginning to catch up with RCC in terms of money and power. But the reality is just like everywhere you know the people at the top use it just like everyone else. Hell they make all their churchs temples out of marble. That is EXTREMELY expensive, in the millions. I know it isn't donated and that money comes from somewhere.

Mormon funds for the needy come from tithes and offerings and the LDS Church gives to people all over the world, whether they are Mormon or not.

The Mormons are usually the first responders in any major disaster and are ready to feed and help those in need, no matter who they are.

oyarde
06-02-2013, 10:39 AM
Do you know the differnce? Mainstream mormons believe in polygamy as a big family in the afterlife ONLY, where as the fundamentalist believe that if couples are not together and sealed on this life they won't be polygamist in their afterlife, or won't have as many mates. The fundamentalist are following the same doctrine handed down from Bring'em Young and Joeseph Smith?

If that is the original religion it's a matter of preference. I know mainstream mormons are embarrassed by the polygamist. But get to know them and then ask them again. They will laugh and say the truth later on.

It's a church ideology based on fighting a war in the afterlife and they need as many people on OTHER planets they can get.

Battle in after life , sounds too violent for me, I was hoping for some peace :)

phill4paul
06-02-2013, 10:43 AM
Battle in after life , sounds too violent for me, I was hoping for some peace :)

Valhalla might have been fun in my youth. These days...not so much. ;)

Ender
06-02-2013, 04:05 PM
talkingpointes:

Mormons do NOT believe in a war in the afterlife- they believe in the war in heaven that happened before mortal life, as do many other Christian denominations.

liberty2897
06-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Government doesn't like competition. They don't want a bunch of volunteers to impede their ability to steal in the name of helping people.

sluggo
06-02-2013, 05:14 PM

It's called "Bleeding the Beast."

VIDEODROME
06-02-2013, 06:21 PM
Almost read this as LSD Canneries

whoa

Brian4Liberty
06-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Yet contaminated food flows unfettered from China on a daily basis...