PDA

View Full Version : Truckers for Ron Paul?

IHaveaDream
11-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Are you a truck driver? As an owner-operator, your rig could easily become a rolling billboard for Ron Paul. How many vehicles do you pass in an average day? How many eyes could be captured by your message? Even a few bumper stickers could get an awful lot of campaign mileage…literally.

I’m not a trucker, but I’d sure love to see all those truckers who support Ron Paul get together and put this show “on the road” from coast to coast. :D

Adamsa
11-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Better put the call out to Truckin' Mike. :D

TruckinMike
11-26-2007, 10:41 AM
This is a tuff nut to crack. Why? Talk Radio indoctrination. I almost got in a fight with an entire truckstop in South Carolina.:cool: All over Ron Paul. There were some ferocious slurs thrown my way over the CB.

Though the Independent trucker is a small businessman, Hannity et.al. have taken their toll. However, for the thinking trucker, Ron Paul is the OBVIOUS choice. And i am not alone. I do get Honks, waves, and thumbs up, from brother truckers. But i also get a fair share of the opposite opinion. -- via unmentionable communication preferences.

But yes, For the folks that think for themselves, it just takes a few minutes to bolt on a couple of Ron Paul yard signs to the mud Flaps of their trailer. They fit Perfectly! And wow... What a bumper sticker!

--- Problem, many truckers pull other companies trailers, thus cannot bolt on signs. But they can pass out slim jims at the truck stops!! And post signs along their routes.

On my way back to Texas for Thanksgiving...
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2035/2047944534_52d6f94b9f.jpg

seapilot
11-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Tell the other truckers Ron Paul is best shot for lowering fuel prices, without middle east speculation/ threat of war with Iran price would drop 20 dollars a barrel. That would help independent truckers a lot.

By the way your truck and trailer rocks truckin Mike!

azminuteman
11-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Tell the other truckers Ron Paul is best shot for lowering fuel prices, without middle east speculation/ threat of war with Iran price would drop 20 dollars a barrel. That would help independent truckers a lot.

By the way your truck and trailer rocks truckin Mike!

There is a thread I'd probably start about yours and a couple of other points.
Some random thoughts:

Fuel prices, vote Ron Paul to get back to $1.15 a gallon or lower.

Radical Islamics do not hate us because we're free, it's because we're over there.
Do they hate Japan and the Japanese for their lifestyle?
Do they hate the Australians and New Zealanders for their lifestyle or involvement?

steph3n
11-26-2007, 11:04 AM
:) I get honks almost each time I drive more than 40 miles on the interstates just with car bumper stickers!

1LBRT
11-26-2007, 11:07 AM
This is a tuff nut to crack. Why? Talk Radio indoctrination. I almost got in a fight with an entire truckstop in South Carolina.:cool: All over Ron Paul. There were some ferocious slurs thrown my way over the CB.

Though the Independent trucker is a small businessman, Hannity et.al. have taken their toll. However, for the thinking trucker, Ron Paul is the OBVIOUS choice. And i am not alone. I do get Honks, waves, and thumbs up, from brother truckers. But i also get a fair share of the opposite opinion. -- via unmentionable communication preferences.

But yes, For the folks that think for themselves, it just takes a few minutes to bolt on a couple of Ron Paul yard signs to the mud Flaps of their trailer. They fit Perfectly! And wow... What a bumper sticker!

--- Problem, many truckers pull other companies trailers, thus cannot bolt on signs. But they can pass out slim jims at the truck stops!! And post signs along their routes.

That looks fantastic, man! Just fantastic.

IHaveaDream
11-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Now, just imagine a hundred similar rigs on every interstate highway in America. Advertising like that would cost $$$ and be worth $$$,$$$,$$$.00. All it would take is a few more couragous guys like Truckin Mike to start the trend and pretty soon you'd see the Haul for Paul brigade showing up everywhere. :D

Fyretrohl
11-26-2007, 11:56 AM
OKay, now I am picturing a bunch of trucks in a convoy...And, the song 'Convoy' is stuck in my head...

'Pig pen to Rubber Duck...Come in'

apc3161
11-26-2007, 11:58 AM

Awesome

Maltheus
11-26-2007, 04:21 PM
At a recent sign waving, I was under the impression that all truckers supported Ron Paul. Or at least, the truckers were more likely to honk than not (like 4 out of every 5 were honking for us).

Corydoras
11-26-2007, 08:46 PM
You have of course seen this?
http://www.truckers4ronpaul.org/

TruckinMike
11-26-2007, 09:01 PM
I was under the impression that all truckers supported Ron Paul. Or at least, the truckers were more likely to honk than not

Were there woman in your group?...Did any of you have long flowing hair - that might resemble a female at a distance. If so, thats most likely why they honked!:D

Truckinmike

Maltheus
11-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Were there woman in your group?...Did any of you have long flowing hair - that might resemble a female at a distance. If so, thats most likely why they honked!:D

Good point (two with a large banner). But they were mostly confined to one corner and I believe we were getting honks from all directions. In any case, most of the support was real. One guy even had a sign in the passenger seat that he held out the window as he drove by. And about a third of the honks were repeated and sustained. I tell you, if you're ever feeling down on the campaign, get out with a group and do a sign waving. It felt really good to know there's so much support out there. And our enthusiasm did encourage others to stop and ask about him.

hrdman2luv
09-20-2011, 11:52 AM
The mud flaps are an excellent idea. I gotta put some one my Classic XL.

dannno
09-20-2011, 12:03 PM

Really???

What do they think Al Qaeda is going to bomb their rig?

Voluntary Man
09-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Mike, your rig looks awesome!

ideas for trucker campaign:

[signs]
"RETORE TRUCKIN' GLORY!
VOTE PRESIDENT RON PAUL!"

That ought to at least get 'em thinking, "maybe rush, sean, and mark just don't know anything about trucking." and it might get 'em asking you (and others), " how's he gonna do that?" there's your opening.

RIPLEYMOM
09-21-2011, 02:47 PM
I bought a CB Radio for my emergency kit because for some reason, I want to know what the truckers are saying when the you know what hits the fan. I developed a soft spot for the American trucking phenomenon after 9/11. Also, wasn't it a trucker who spotted that sniper on the East Coast? I think reaching out to the trucking community is brilliant. Hey! Maybe I should turn on that CB! Breaker, Breaker...this is RIPLEYMOM!

tfurrh
09-21-2011, 03:02 PM
I am a freight broker for United Vision Logistics DBA: Dynasty Transportation (No: 32 in Transport Topics 2010 'Largest For Hire Trucking Companies'). Since I am an agent/broker though, I have no say on what goes on our corporate office's trucks.

I have 'www.RonPaul2012.com' included in my email signature. I average about 50 emails a day to folks all over the greater 48.

tfurrh
09-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Really???

What do they think Al Qaeda is going to bomb their rig?

You would be surprised to know how many people from the middle east are in the trucking industry.