PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee talks Jesus, not politics

sharedvoice
11-26-2007, 08:53 AM
FOUNTAIN INN, South Carolina (CNN) — Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee stepped into a familiar role on Sunday morning: that of Baptist minister.

Huckabee, who was a minister before he served two and a half terms as governor as Arkansas, took to the stage for about half an hour at two Baptist churches in South Carolina and told the congregations: "I am here today to talk about Jesus and not to talk about me."

"I always try to remind people that there is a place for politics, but when I come to church, it's to worship," he said at Gateway Baptist Church in Irmo, where he was mistakenly introduced as "Governor Hucklebee."

In Irmo and at First Baptist Church in Fountain Inn, Huckabee weaved jokes and anecdotes from his life in Arkansas into his sermons while also demonstrating a deep familiarity with the New Testament, quoting passages from memory.

"God is still looking for good soldiers, good soldiers for Christ," he told the congregation in Irmo. "Every single person here is a soldier that God needs in his army. He is just waiting on us to say here am I, send me." :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Huckabee said he has been confronted by people unsure about his transition from faith to politics.

sedele
11-26-2007, 09:43 AM
The same people who sold us on Bush being a "great man of God", are pushing this man on us.

noxagol
11-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Anyone who advocates war cannot be a man of God. I realize this and I'm not even religious.

tfelice
11-26-2007, 09:52 AM
The same people who sold us on Bush being a "great man of God", are pushing this man on us.

Actually, Huckabee has a much more credible testimony than Bush ever had. There's alot of Huck's policy stances that I disagree with, but I don't question the genuiness of his faith at all.

sedele
11-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Actually, Huckabee has a much more credible testimony than Bush ever had. There's alot of Huck's policy stances that I disagree with, but I don't question the genuiness of his faith at all.

I myself am a christian. I also don't doubt that the man is saved. However I can't shake this feeling that there is a Zionist Agenda that the establishment is trying to fulfill with the Huckster.

tfelice
11-26-2007, 10:15 AM
I myself am a christian. I also don't doubt that the man is saved. However I can't shake this feeling that there is a Zionist Agenda that the establishment is trying to fulfill with the Huckster.

I agree, Huck is a dispensationalist, so it's only natural that he would be a willing accomplise in anything like that.

I have to say though, I am impressed with his climb in the polls. I would feel much more positive with the Paul campaign if he had gained in numbers over the last 30 days like Huck has in some states. With all the money and the free press on 11/5, I think the campaign isn't much further along than it was 30 days ago.