PDA

View Full Version : Greg Brannon Welcomes Thom Tillis To The US Senate Race

lib3rtarian
05-31-2013, 04:42 PM
Greg Brannon Welcomes Thom Tillis To The Race
Says The Race Will Offer a Clear Choice Between
Establishment Insider and Anti-Establishment Change Agent

Raleigh, NC - Today, Dr. Greg Brannon, North Carolina's anti-establishment Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate, who is running to oppose the Big Government, big spending status quo in both political parties, welcomed Thom Tillis to the race to challenge Senator Kay Hagan next year.

"If Republicans in this state would rather be represented by a political insider, heavily influenced by special interests, who has taken liberal positions on legislation in the North Carolina State House, including Ferry Tolls, Interstate Toll HOT Lanes and the protection of telecommunication monopolies at the expense of smaller free market competitors, then Mr. Tillis has certainly proven he is willing to compromise on our core conservative principles to benefit his friends," said Brannon.

Brannon added, "Mr. Tillis is the poster child for why I'm in this race. I represent conservatives that are fed up with crony capitalism, special interests, political compromise and excuses. Mr. Tillis is yet another in a long line of career politicians eager to take the next step on the ladder of political power."

Mr. Tillis has recently been under fire from conservative activists across the state. Many believe he has used his leadership position in the State House to defeat Republican candidates in party primaries in favor of Democrats who switched parties or were part of his personal circle of political allies.

As recently as this week, the Craven County GOP Executive Committee voted to censure the Speaker, listing numerous grievances against him and his leadership. Other counties have expressed their interest in doing the same.

The Republican primary between Dr. Brannon and Mr. Tillis reflects the larger debate going on in the Republican Party nationwide. North Carolinians will have to decide if they want to bring change to Washington or if they are satisfied with more of the same.

"Those who know me know I'm a straight forward guy. Are they looking for an uncompromisable ambassador from the sovereign State of North Carolina, who will immediately join Senators Ted Cruz, Rand Paul and Mike Lee by standing firm against all infringements by the federal government into the lives of North Carolinians?

If they're looking for that kind of Senator, then I'm their candidate. This primary will give Republicans the opportunity to choose the candidate who best represents the conservative values we say our party stands for. I intend to be just as steadfast in challenging my opponent in this primary to walk the walk as I will my colleagues in the U.S. Senate. Mr. Tillis, welcome to the race," finished Brannon.

Dr. Greg Brannon is a hard-working, dedicated physician, not a career politician. His entrance into politics is indicative of his life’s work: a desire to diagnose problems and provide practical solutions. He encourages conservatives who believe that our problem is a lack leadership and not a lack of compromise, to visit (http://www.gregbrannon.com)www.GregBrannon.com (http://www.GregBrannon.com) to learn more about his campaign and sign up to get involved.

Warlord
05-31-2013, 04:47 PM
Good press release.. He's sharpening his operation which is good to see and reacting to news/setting the agenda.

Bastiat's The Law
06-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Good press release.. He's sharpening his operation which is good to see and reacting to news/setting the agenda.

Are we going to step up and fund raise for him though, that is the million dollar question?

Rocco
06-02-2013, 08:08 AM
I am starting to see a serious fund raising problem developing for 2014. If Amash decides to take the plunge in Michigan I think there's no question he becomes priority #1 for the liberty movements fund raising, whether that is wise or not, as he has the largest profile of anyone running. I would say Joe Miller stands the best chance of anyone at winning and will likely take 2nd priority. After that, I would say Glenn Jacobs is probably next in line for liberty fund raising if he decides to run in Tennessee. After those 3 Brannon still has to compete with Nancy Mace/Lee Bright, Paul Broun and Pat McGeehan for donor money. The thing is, I think the Amash and Miller races alone would kinda break our bank. Hopefully guys like Brannon, Jacobs, Broun and McGeehan can fundraise for themselves in some capacity.

Are we going to step up and fund raise for him though, that is the million dollar question?

sluggo
06-02-2013, 08:50 AM

That's my concern, as well.

JakeH
06-02-2013, 09:54 AM
That's one of the reasons it is so crucial for us to help secure funding for these guys from the various PAC's and organizations that are generally on our side. FreedomWorks, the Club for Growth, and the Senate Conservatives fund can make up a big gap in fundraising if they see that a candidate has the fiscal chops and the grassroots support. You throw in some help from the smaller PAC's and the locals and we could easily fund multiple races.

Email these organizations religiously. Let them know that these guys have our support. They'll come running with money.

And with any luck, Rand will make a 2014 endorsement tour and raise the status of the guys he'll need in the Senate to help him out.

compromise
06-02-2013, 09:55 AM
I am starting to see a serious fund raising problem developing for 2014. If Amash decides to take the plunge in Michigan I think there's no question he becomes priority #1 for the liberty movements fund raising, whether that is wise or not, as he has the largest profile of anyone running. I would say Joe Miller stands the best chance of anyone at winning and will likely take 2nd priority. After that, I would say Glenn Jacobs is probably next in line for liberty fund raising if he decides to run in Tennessee. After those 3 Brannon still has to compete with Nancy Mace/Lee Bright, Paul Broun and Pat McGeehan for donor money. The thing is, I think the Amash and Miller races alone would kinda break our bank. Hopefully guys like Brannon, Jacobs, Broun and McGeehan can fundraise for themselves in some capacity.

Joe Miller has the best chance at winning? Are you sure about that?

Rocco
06-02-2013, 10:22 AM
He has already won a GOP primary before and won't have Murkowski to compete with, I think he probably represents our best shot at victory personally.

Joe Miller has the best chance at winning? Are you sure about that?

JakeH
06-02-2013, 10:22 AM
On another note though, I love seeing Brannon going on the offensive against Tillis as soon as he declares. So far most of what I've heard from Brannon has been more philosophical, so seeing him bashing Tillis and his policies is a win for me.

FSP-Rebel
06-02-2013, 10:53 AM
On another note though, I love seeing Brannon going on the offensive against Tillis as soon as he declares. So far most of what I've heard from Brannon has been more philosophical, so seeing him bashing Tillis and his policies is a win for me.
I was hoping that his philosophical musings would end once he endeared himself to the Tea Parties and proven he was anti-establishment. Now, it's time to call out this RINO for the fraud that he is and this will only be beneficial for cleaning up the NCGOP as a whole. Status quo needs to be on blast for their cooperation to keep the economy the way it is and hurting middles class families in NC.

FSP-Rebel
06-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Yes, we may have some fundraising issues if the troops and allies aren't properly engaged. Too many people are sitting back spinning on their thumbs for whatever reasons/excuses. Next and based upon your assessment of the candidates that are on the plate currently, some people will only give to say Amash, the anti-Graham pick, Brannon and maybe Jacobs. The intact and favorable Rand supporter will do as much as they can for all these guys as the cards are started to be dealt. Despite being endorsed by Ron, Broun doesn't seem to inspire much confidence on the loyalists' (extreme minority of actives) minds because he isn't a raving and vocal non-interventionist in all things foreign policy yet is undoubtedly on Rand's page if Ron was to endorse. This race is important because it is a GOP seat that is ripe for the taking and it will send a solid 85%+ ally to the Senate which is why this is at the top of my list. I'm hoping that with the proper campaign staff he can be distanced from some of the nonsense content he's put out but thankfully we're talking GA here where it won't go over like a turd in the punch bowl.

Jacobs' notoriety could probably do most of the dealings he'll need with some broader liberty movement support. I think if he tones down the Rothbard talk that he can stage a Tea Party revival starting in TN which will inspire broad conservative support from the country outside of our clique and turn the tables in the TNGOP forever by inspiring TN folks to get active in their party. Amash will have the most support because he's the most tried and true Paul supporter and we already have significant levels of support in the MIGOP up and down the party with more coalitions being sowed as we speak. Plus, Amash will be great for Gov Snyder's reelection bid in terms of turnout.

Looking at the Miller situation, I'm pretty sure that his crowd and the Palin overlap can take the nomination but will definitely need outside help. I'm sure he'll get support from the talk radio audiences of Levin and some others as he's been on them during the last go arounds and Levin seems on a vendetta against the estab picks. I'd like to think that he'd be a slam dunk in the general but I'm in a confused state regarding AK's voting populace. And Brannon, while having no track record, seems to be the best outsider running for Senate as he's not taking on an incumbent in a primary like Jacobs or the anti-Graham pick. Also, he like Amash will be able to raise more money from the Ron loyalists than the others. But imo, the canary in the coal mine is our boy from WV. This may seem like a back bencher race but we all know the republican nominee will become the next Senator in this open race. Like Broun and Amash, this would be at the top of my list if one is on a fixed political budget since the odds are in our favor for political capital extension for the buck. Since WV is a smaller state, I think that we could really shake up that primary if we put that firmly in our radar.

Regarding the Graham race, whoever decides to take on Graham will be the lucky beneficiary of Whacko Bird money from all across the country and probably similar to the dynamic in the Jacobs primary in terms of a conservative revolt.

Now, input the conservative and libertarian PACs. I believe they'll get in on all of these races and most early on in the primary. That said, we all know that Rove and his Crossroads clonePac has something up their sleeves and tho they've stated they aren't anti-TP candidates if they pass the coherence and bumbling test, I find it hard to believe that they'll leave us alone in most or all of these races. There's no time like now to stay engaged, mobilize others, network with random conservative groups of all kinds where they fit the bill, start planning how much and to whom that money will go based on the race dynamics and the likely outcomes. I have no doubt that outside of the usual suspect PACs we all think of, that Rand has been going around speechifying and raising mass loot for his PAC to redirect to his ally candidates in these races and thus giving him as many legs to stand on if he should decide to run for Prez. Even if for some reason he doesn't run, having the Senate stacked with another 3-5 solid picks would be a huge feat that can be built on in 2016 in any event.

sailingaway
06-02-2013, 12:38 PM
well Brannan is particularly good, I do agree with that.

Bastiat's The Law
06-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Yes, we may have some fundraising issues if the troops and allies aren't properly engaged. Too many people are sitting back spinning on their thumbs for whatever reasons/excuses. Next and based upon your assessment of the candidates that are on the plate currently, some people will only give to say Amash, the anti-Graham pick, Brannon and maybe Jacobs. The intact and favorable Rand supporter will do as much as they can for all these guys as the cards are started to be dealt. Despite being endorsed by Ron, Broun doesn't seem to inspire much confidence on the loyalists' (extreme minority of actives) minds because he isn't a raving and vocal non-interventionist in all things foreign policy yet is undoubtedly on Rand's page if Ron was to endorse. This race is important because it is a GOP seat that is ripe for the taking and it will send a solid 85%+ ally to the Senate which is why this is at the top of my list. I'm hoping that with the proper campaign staff he can be distanced from some of the nonsense content he's put out but thankfully we're talking GA here where it won't go over like a turd in the punch bowl.

Jacobs' notoriety could probably do most of the dealings he'll need with some broader liberty movement support. I think if he tones down the Rothbard talk that he can stage a Tea Party revival starting in TN which will inspire broad conservative support from the country outside of our clique and turn the tables in the TNGOP forever by inspiring TN folks to get active in their party. Amash will have the most support because he's the most tried and true Paul supporter and we already have significant levels of support in the MIGOP up and down the party with more coalitions being sowed as we speak. Plus, Amash will be great for Gov Snyder's reelection bid in terms of turnout.

Looking at the Miller situation, I'm pretty sure that his crowd and the Palin overlap can take the nomination but will definitely need outside help. I'm sure he'll get support from the talk radio audiences of Levin and some others as he's been on them during the last go arounds and Levin seems on a vendetta against the estab picks. I'd like to think that he'd be a slam dunk in the general but I'm in a confused state regarding AK's voting populace. And Brannon, while having no track record, seems to be the best outsider running for Senate as he's not taking on an incumbent in a primary like Jacobs or the anti-Graham pick. Also, he like Amash will be able to raise more money from the Ron loyalists than the others. But imo, the canary in the coal mine is our boy from WV. This may seem like a back bencher race but we all know the republican nominee will become the next Senator in this open race. Like Broun and Amash, this would be at the top of my list if one is on a fixed political budget since the odds are in our favor for political capital extension for the buck. Since WV is a smaller state, I think that we could really shake up that primary if we put that firmly in our radar.

Regarding the Graham race, whoever decides to take on Graham will be the lucky beneficiary of Whacko Bird money from all across the country and probably similar to the dynamic in the Jacobs primary in terms of a conservative revolt.

Now, input the conservative and libertarian PACs. I believe they'll get in on all of these races and most early on in the primary. That said, we all know that Rove and his Crossroads clonePac has something up their sleeves and tho they've stated they aren't anti-TP candidates if they pass the coherence and bumbling test, I find it hard to believe that they'll leave us alone in most or all of these races. There's no time like now to stay engaged, mobilize others, network with random conservative groups of all kinds where they fit the bill, start planning how much and to whom that money will go based on the race dynamics and the likely outcomes. I have no doubt that outside of the usual suspect PACs we all think of, that Rand has been going around speechifying and raising mass loot for his PAC to redirect to his ally candidates in these races and thus giving him as many legs to stand on if he should decide to run for Prez. Even if for some reason he doesn't run, having the Senate stacked with another 3-5 solid picks would be a huge feat that can be built on in 2016 in any event.
I have to spread some reputation around before giving you more, but this post is very deserving of praise!

GunnyFreedom
06-02-2013, 04:04 PM
I was hoping that his philosophical musings would end once he endeared himself to the Tea Parties and proven he was anti-establishment. Now, it's time to call out this RINO for the fraud that he is and this will only be beneficial for cleaning up the NCGOP as a whole. Status quo needs to be on blast for their cooperation to keep the economy the way it is and hurting middles class families in NC.

I suspect there will be a lot more philosophical stuff to come. Drawing them down will become easier as candidates enter the race and the particular distinctions become known.

lib3rtarian
06-02-2013, 06:49 PM
N&O, the liberal newspaper here, covered this: http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/brannon_blasts_tillis_in_first_gop_blows_of_senate _race

PatriotOne
06-02-2013, 07:02 PM
I don't see where Rand or Ron has endorsed Greg Brannon yet. I'm always a bit wary until they get an endorsement. Easy to throw names around like Rand, Cruz and Lee if they think it will help them get elected. I'm always hopeful it's genuine but.....

sailingaway
06-02-2013, 07:16 PM
He's genuine. Gunny knows him, and a year ago, I think was saying to watch for him. I don't know all details, in terms of differences etc, but he was a supporter and is a Constitutionalist. Ron doesn't know everyone, but I hope he will endorse, and think he would -- assuming he looks into the race.

PatriotOne
06-02-2013, 07:20 PM
He's genuine. Gunny knows him, and a year ago, I think was saying to watch for him. I don't know all details, in terms of differences etc, but he was a supporter and is a Constitutionalist. Ron doesn't know everyone, but I hope he will endorse, and think he would -- assuming he looks into the race.

Thanks. Gunny's relationship and good word makes me feel confident in him. I just couldn't find any donations to Ron/Rand or any activism from him online in support of Ron/Rand so was skeptical.

Brannon 2014!

JakeH
06-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Obviously a Ron endorsement would help, but I think one from Rand would carry more weight in NC. There's been lots of people here talking about how Burr didn't Stand with Rand and how his voting has sucked lately and they're not too happy about it...

GunnyFreedom
06-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Yes, I would like to encourage Senator Rand Paul to Stand with Brannon. Rand has been received with joy at almost every meeting and convention that I have attended here.

Warlord
06-03-2013, 03:27 AM
Obviously a Ron endorsement would help, but I think one from Rand would carry more weight in NC. There's been lots of people here talking about how Burr didn't Stand with Rand and how his voting has sucked lately and they're not too happy about it...

Brannon just needs to keep running a great campaign, shaking hands, attending meetings, getting attention and profiles where possible etc. The endorsements and money will start coming into this race pretty late i imagine. Brannon just needs to be positioned well enough when they do come.

Brian4Liberty
06-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Yes, I would like to encourage Senator Rand Paul to Stand with Brannon. Rand has been received with joy at almost every meeting and convention that I have attended here.

It seems like a Ted Cruz endorsement would help too.

Krzysztof Lesiak
06-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Lol, that's a great press release. I love they way it's written!

aclove
06-09-2013, 10:06 PM
I was in the NCGOP State Executive Committee meeting Sunday morning. Big political drama went down concerning Greg Brannon's opponent, NC House Speaker Thom Tillis. Read all about it here:

http://dailyhaymaker.com/?p=5570