PDA

View Full Version : Japan halts import of US wheat after GMO contamination found

Carlybee
05-31-2013, 10:32 AM
http://www.naturalnews.com/040572_Japan_GE_wheat_genetic_pollution.html

tod evans
05-31-2013, 10:42 AM
Chickens.......................................... .....Roost.

Carlybee
05-31-2013, 10:53 AM
Yep....the dominos are lined up.

familydog
05-31-2013, 10:54 AM
And who ultimately gets hurt by this? The small farmer and local producers. When exports decline, the profit will need to be made up stateside and that will lead to tighter regulation on food freedom.

Carlybee
05-31-2013, 10:57 AM
And who ultimately gets hurt by this? The small farmer and local producers. When exports decline, the profit will need to be made up stateside and that will lead to tighter regulation on food freedom.

Higher prices..higher subsidies...possible bail outs. But Monsanto is our friend!

Brian4Liberty
05-31-2013, 10:57 AM
Monsanto needs to be held financially responsible for all crops that have been polluted with it's altered creations.

Brian4Liberty
05-31-2013, 11:00 AM
Just feed the excess to Americans! We love our food toxic! There was a recent report that food that comes from China almost always contains industrial toxins. Yippee! At least it's cheaper. :rolleyes:

familydog
05-31-2013, 11:07 AM
Higher prices..higher subsidies...possible bail outs. But Monsanto is our friend!

Exactly.

The USDA exists to sell grain. That is it's sole purpose. I predict grain usage in the United States will decline over the next couple of decades as people seek out renewable and more environmental friendly ways to grow food. GMO grain will be increasingly scrutinized during that time period. It's a perfect storm of regulation and outright banning of farmer's markets and small farmers.

Carlybee
05-31-2013, 11:09 AM
I've decreased wheat consumption anyway since most of it is some kind of frankenwheat

Eagles' Wings
05-31-2013, 11:11 AM
Very good article and comments following.

I have a very close family member who proudly farms GMO crops. It seems they are quite wealthy due to the spending they talk about.

Never dreamed that "farming" would be a topic that is taboo, and experienced such vehemence about growing GMO.

Eagles' Wings
05-31-2013, 11:15 AM
I've decreased wheat consumption anyway since most of it is some kind of frankenwheat

I found a really tastey, Organic sprouted wheat bread at Trader Joes.

No soy or corn. $3.99 Keep in the freezer at home and use sparingly. I find that it does not stick in the gut at all. Nice product.

Carlybee
05-31-2013, 12:14 PM
I found a really tastey, Organic sprouted wheat bread at Trader Joes.

No soy or corn. $3.99 Keep in the freezer at home and use sparingly. I find that it does not stick in the gut at all. Nice product.

According to the Wheatbelly doctor, even the organic stuff isn't safe...he says the wheat that has been grown here for the last 50 years is not the wheat that used to grow here. Article here about it: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/against-the-grain-how-wheat-wrecks-your-health.html Bearing in mind he is pushing a low carb diet and selling books from it so you would have to do your own due diligence.

puppetmaster
05-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Monsanto needs to be held financially responsible for all crops that have been polluted with it's altered creations.

yep.......punitive