PDA

View Full Version : CA-Deputies shoot woman's dog while she was walking with him.

Anti Federalist
05-30-2013, 01:42 PM
San Marcos Woman's Dog Shot by Deputies

http://www.sandiego6.com/story/san-marcos-woman-s-dog-shot-by-deputies-20130530

Created: Thu, 30 May 2013 09:45:00 PST

Updated: Thu, 30 May 2013 09:48:16 PST

Law enforcement officers shooting the family dog, it’s happening more often than you may know and experts say it’s not just pit bulls and dogs off leash being shot, but Beagles and Chihuahuas and dogs in their own homes and yards. It happened to Callie Ford’s dog Jack.

Ford says her mom was walking Callie’s dogs in a remote area of San Marcos back in April. She admits the dogs were off leash. According to the incident report, deputies said they shot Jack when he growled and charged at them.

“My mom didn't hear any barking. I believe he was just running to the truck, excited to be going home and was shot and killed instantly,” says Ford.

She says Jack was not aggressive and wouldn't charge at anyone. She says she thinks deputies were just frightened when they saw a pit bull running at them.

According to the National Canine Research Council, statistics show between 2000 and 2005 in California, nearly half the time officers fired their weapons, they were shooting animals, mostly dogs. The figures were even worse for Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Between 2000 and 2002, nearly three quarters of police shootings involved dogs.

The group says it’s a problem that’s not only embarrassing for law enforcement, but expensive when pet owners sue. Donald Cleary with NCRC says if officers received training on dealing with dogs they would better understand their behavior and could take actions to diffuse the situation that don’t involved shooting. The NCRC has compiled a manual in conjunction with the Department of Justice to help law enforcement better handle situations with dogs. Clearly couldn't say if law enforcement in San Diego had requested the manuals, but he says he’d gladly send some their way.

SDPD says its narcotics officers did receive training on subduing dogs just last month. The Sheriffs Department says its deputies receive training on dogs as part of their time at the academy. Both agencies say officers always try to avoid shooting an animal and officers only shoot when they fear for their safety.

Ford says they need more training so what happened to Jack doesn't happen to other dogs.

“I just want them to understand that their actions have consequences and it affects people deeply and it’s not okay, what’s going on is not okay,” she says.

GunnyFreedom
05-30-2013, 01:53 PM
San Marcos Woman's Dog Shot by Deputies

http://www.sandiego6.com/story/san-marcos-woman-s-dog-shot-by-deputies-20130530

Created: Thu, 30 May 2013 09:45:00 PST

Updated: Thu, 30 May 2013 09:48:16 PST

Ford says they need more training so what happened to Jack doesn't happen to other dogs.

“I just want them to understand that their actions have consequences and it affects people deeply and it’s not okay, what’s going on is not okay,” she says.

She doesn't yet understand that they don't care how much it affects her and others. Indeed, that is exactly the effect they are going for. A big part of a fascist society is insinuating hyper-statism such that the state and it's agents become like gods to the commoners. This is exactly the kind of public display of power that establishes that relationship.

These 'incidents' are not mistakes or due to lack of training, if it were, they would be a lot more rare. They are the direct result of an intentional culture of exerting power and dominance over an allegedly free society. We have become the bastard child of Nineteen Eighty Four and A Brave New World, and are in fact becoming worse than both.

jkr
05-30-2013, 02:08 PM
can dogs have concealed carry in caliRUSSIA?

Anti Federalist
05-30-2013, 02:08 PM
She doesn't yet understand that they don't care how much it affects her and others. Indeed, that is exactly the effect they are going for. A big part of a fascist society is insinuating hyper-statism such that the state and it's agents become like gods to the commoners. This is exactly the kind of public display of power that establishes that relationship.

These 'incidents' are not mistakes or due to lack of training, if it were, they would be a lot more rare. They are the direct result of an intentional culture of exerting power and dominance over an allegedly free society. We have become the bastard child of Nineteen Eighty Four and A Brave New World, and are in fact becoming worse than both.

Owe ya a rep...

Somebody cover for me please.

While I can take some solace in the fact that "policies" are being changed WRT to dog killings by cops, I fear that, as with everything else, it's just a bunch of window dressing, and that things will continue to get worse.

belian78
05-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Owe ya a rep...

While I can take some solace in the fact that "policies" are being changed WRT to dog killings by cops, I fear that, as with everything else, it's just a bunch of window dressing, and that things will continue to get worse.
gotcha covered

tod evans
05-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Owe ya a rep...

Got it.

Pericles
05-30-2013, 03:46 PM
War against dogs.