View Full Version : Matt Drudge lying?

Warlord
05-30-2013, 01:03 PM
Headline:

WAR DRUMS: ASSAD VOWS TO STRIKE ISRAEL

Links to:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/lebanese-tv-syria-has-received-russian-missiles

Where does he says this?

Screw you Matt, back to your neocon ways I see.

jkob
05-30-2013, 01:15 PM
He said that he would retaliate if Israel attacks them again.

Warlord
05-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Quotes please

compromise
05-30-2013, 02:16 PM
http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Assad-Arab-world-prepared-to-join-fight-against-Israel-314961

CPUd
05-30-2013, 02:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zDrMaYU.jpg

juleswin
05-30-2013, 02:21 PM
He said that he would retaliate if Israel attacks them again.

He better get to it, it seems like Israel is calling their bluff. 3rd attack now and more to come and he still hasn't done squat to Israel. If anything, Assad threat is more of a sabre rattle in the hope that the noise and gyration will scare off the bigger predator. But Israel knows there its only bark and no bite and will continue hitting Syria until the terrorists take over

Warlord
05-30-2013, 02:23 PM
http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Assad-Arab-world-prepared-to-join-fight-against-Israel-314961

They have the right to do it if attacked (they already were). Drudge it making sound like he's an aggressor.

enhanced_deficit
06-02-2013, 02:02 PM
They have the right to do it if attacked (they already were). Drudge it making sound like he's an aggressor.

That is correct.

His coverage bias tends to be somewhat libertarian, anti-est on many domestic issues like partisan fights, abuse of power, gay marriage, abortion etc but when it comes to mideast wars/ interventions , he seems to become a war-monger who plays his part too willingly and plays along in the MSM deception through distortion, omission and even through plain lies.

Often notorious scam artists like notorious NYT's Judith Miller are mentioned as culprits for pushing Iraq bogus WMD stories but Drudge was ahead of many as he aggregated and pushed bogus claims from whole US/UK media spectrum. Same holds true today regarding his coverage of Iran war drums, "clash of civilization" coverage of Londom soldier attack etc by distorting statements.

jj-
06-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Matt Drudge is cool. Leave him alone.

Warlord
06-02-2013, 03:22 PM
NEOCON when it comes to foreign policy... loves war

LibertyEagle
06-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Drudge isn't a neocon. When you throw around that term so carelessly, it loses all meaning.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul110.html

Warlord
06-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Drudge isn't a neocon. When you throw around that term so carelessly, it loses all meaning.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul110.html

Yes he is. He loves war and its documented. Maybe he doesn't believe in neo-conservatism but he's pro-war. I guess all the hype is good for web traffic but not good for Iraq or the other nations in the sights of the neocons.

I notice only today he acknowledges that Iraq is in a mess. Yes Matt, you helped with that you crazy fuck.

LibertyEagle
06-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Yes he is. He loves war and its documented. Maybe he doesn't believe in neo-conservatism but he's pro-war. I guess all the hype is good for web traffic but not good for Iraq or the other nations in the sights of the neocons.

I notice only today he acknowledges that Iraq is in a mess. Yes Matt, you helped with that you crazy fuck.

Disagreeing with you on war in the Middle East does not make one a neocon.

Warlord
06-02-2013, 03:40 PM
He's pro-war LE. it's documented.

His Iraq is in a mess link has now disappeared. Must have been up for 12 hours or less. In 2003 he was all over Iraq and hyping a war there.

He must be so proud.

Now he's doing the same with Syria.

jj-
06-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Matt likes stirring up shit. Apparently some people are too dumb to realize it and must make us know that by starting threads.

Warlord
06-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Matt likes stirring up shit. Apparently some people are too dumb to realize it and must make us know that by starting threads.

'stirring up shit' has very real consequences. Iraq is in a mess thanks to morons like him who love a good war and worship the mite of the US military and "shock and awe".

10 years ago he was all over Iraq. Today the violence tearing the country apart barely gets a mention.

What a douche he is.

Now he's doing the same with Syria with his absurd headline suggesting Assad VOWED to strike Israel when all he said was they will defend themselves.

jj-
06-02-2013, 03:50 PM
It's funny. It gets him traffic. He is NOT responsible for whatever idiocy Cheney or Obama does. He isn't even advocating it. He reflects the most shocking, attention-grabbing statements other people are making. You should get a fucking life instead of hating on Matt. Hate Cheney. Hate Kristol. Hate Obama.

Warlord
06-02-2013, 03:51 PM
It's funny. It gets him traffic. He is NOT responsible for whatever idiocy Cheney or Obama does. He isn't even advocating it. He reflects the most shocking, attention-grabbing statements other people are making. You should get a fucking life instead of hating on Matt. Hate Cheney. Hate Kristol. Hate Obama.

I hate them all.

Drudge used a sensational headline and linked to a story with no quotes affirming that headline. His agenda is to hype confrontation and ultimately war.

It's disgusting.

LibertyEagle
06-02-2013, 03:57 PM
He's pro-war LE. it's documented.

His Iraq is in a mess link has now disappeared. Must have been up for 12 hours or less. In 2003 he was all over Iraq and hyping a war there.

He must be so proud.

Now he's doing the same with Syria.

Being pro-war is NOT the same thing as being a neocon. Have you even read Ron's article that I linked to?

Warlord
06-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Being pro-war is NOT the same thing as being a neocon. Have you even read Ron's article that I linked to?

I know what a neocon is and i've read that speech numerous times. His pro-war screeching headlines align with the neocons most of the time (nearly always) so I've no problem in labeling him a neocon.

That doesn't mean he's an ex-Trot or whatever the exact definition of a neocon is but the usage of the term has become a bit more looser since Ron gave his speech and rightly so.

Neocons to me are interventionists and boy Drudge would love another intervention and shock and awe headlines and pictures of the US military kicking some mideast raghead butt.

That's what he wants more than anything because I guess its good for web traffic. I dont actually believe he's ideologically committed to the neocon cause or has a financial interest in weapons manufactuers (maybe he does but I dont know).

enhanced_deficit
06-02-2013, 04:03 PM

That is very true. Drudge's bent is selectively pro war, his most prominent distortions or rather his participation in misleading public has been on Iraq war, future Iran war drums and few foreign policy issues. What he almost never ceases to do is pushing Neocons "clash of civilization" worldview often using deceptive reporting.
But on key FP issues, distinction is more academic than substantial.

That said, he has done good work in highlighting some scandals of Obama regime. I cannot say if he is closet supporter of Obama due to his foreign policy or not. He seems like the "small government" Tea Party factions that are ok with elective foreign wars/occupations.

LibertyEagle
06-02-2013, 04:04 PM
That is very true. Drudge's bent is selectively pro war, his most prominent distortions or rather his participation in misleading puiblic has been on Iraq war, future Iran war drums. What he almost never ceases to do is pushing Neocons "clash of civilization" worldview often using deceptive reporting.
But on key issues, distinction is more academic than substantial.

That he said, he has done good work in highlighting some scandals of Obama regime. I cannot say if he is closet supporter of Obama due to his foreign policy or not.

In case you haven't noticed, being for foreign entanglement is not limited to just Obama supporters.

LibertyEagle
06-02-2013, 04:05 PM
I know what a neocon is and i've read that speech numerous times. His pro-war screeching headlines align with the neocons most of the time (nearly always) so I've no problem in labeling him a neocon.

It's a lie is what it is. Again, if you use the term incorrectly, it loses all significance and just comes off as ignorant.

Warlord
06-02-2013, 04:08 PM
It's a lie is what it is. Again, if you use the term incorrectly, it loses all significance and just comes off as ignorant.

It's not a lie. A lie is saying Assad "vows" to strike Israel i.e what the stupid neocon, pro-war (whatever label you want to use) moron splashed all over his site this weekend.

Warlord
06-02-2013, 04:13 PM
If you took the literal definition of neocon there's probably 10 in the whole of America

Is Murdoch a neocon? Probably not but he promotes and pushes their view and agenda just like Drudge does but Ron mentioned him in his speech and i'd consider him a neocon as well.

Wars give Fox and CNN their best ratings. That's why they love them and hype them.

I'm guessing the same for Drudge.

Although they do little to balance it out or cover the wreckage of their adventures. i.e Iraq gets no coverage now but boy it was daily headlines for months a decade back.

They all lust for the shots from the Pentagon's B52's grainy black and white camera dropping bombs on some raghead and the tales from the embedded reporter. That's what the news people want more than anything. Always another war and the mite of the awesome military to be used again. Cost and implications be damned.

enhanced_deficit
06-02-2013, 04:22 PM
In case you haven't noticed, being for foreign entanglement is not limited to just Obama supporters.

I believe this thread's main premise was questioning honesty of Drudge's coverage.
But to address your view about him not being a "neocon", how would you classify his political ideological makeup?

1- Liberal
2- Neocon
3- Conservative

Not a polite exercise to discuss individuals like this probably but since you made a statement, curious in which camp you would place him.
I won't place him with conservatives as I understand things.

vita3
06-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Certainly a pro war headline & Drudge rightfully should be called out for it.

Warlord
06-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Warlord thanks you for the support!! Drudge loves his war... bombs away

Warlord
06-02-2013, 06:08 PM
Whether it's Iran, North Korea or Syria you can always rely on a screeching hyped headline from DRUDGE.

He's almost salivating for another conflict.

HOLLYWOOD
06-02-2013, 06:25 PM
If you took the literal definition of neocon there's probably 10 in the whole of America

Is Murdoch a neocon? Probably not but he promotes and pushes their view and agenda just like Drudge does but Ron mentioned him in his speech and i'd consider him a neocon as well.

Wars give Fox and CNN their best ratings. That's why they love them and hype them.

I'm guessing the same for Drudge.

Although they do little to balance it out or cover the wreckage of their adventures. i.e Iraq gets no coverage now but boy it was daily headlines for months a decade back.

They all lust for the shots from the Pentagon's B52's grainy black and white camera dropping bombs on some raghead and the tales from the embedded reporter. That's what the news people want more than anything. Always another war and the mite of the awesome military to be used again. Cost and implications be damned.

Matt Drudge is an Israeli fister... everything in his right slanted world goes, with the exception of sacred Israel. It's that plain & simply... but there is another reason ALL media loves war/conflict. Listen to the reciprocal below...

Hear it straight from the Fascist-Corporate Media mouths:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsivAsQ28pE

Warlord
06-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Hollywood, that's true and why I think the media/talking heads love war even though they dont have a financial interest their interest is promoting either Israel first or just the lowest form of puerile "look at how awesome our military is" fuck yeah America type jingoistic crap.

For example people like Rush and Hannity are not on the payroll of the MIC directly but their interests align. When Drudge puts up a screeching headline like that he has every neocon talk radio host reading it out and hyping it further. He gives his "clients" i.e the media news rooms and whores on talk radio what they want: Hype and pushing the agenda and narrative to further conflict and bloodshed which is in turn good for ratings and has the switchboard lighting up.

Notice they never talk about the costs of war or the implications... just lets do it, lets take out the bad guy. Though with Syria I am pleased to report that the propaganda has completely failed. It's a lot harder to sell war after Iraq now and McCain has made a big gaffe which has some people thinking critically for a change therefore Drudge has to resort to ISRAEL UNDER THREAT type scenario's to stoke up the fear once more.

Notice Rand's slam on McCain meeting kidnappers to much laughter at the REAGAN (THEIR GOD) LIBRARY didn't make it on to Drudge.

I wonder why :) That really hurt Drudge and the war lovers. They know it's a tough sell.

edit:

Warlord
06-02-2013, 07:02 PM
I know his minions read this site so he might get embarrassed to cover it tomorrow but even if he doesn't the word is out thanks to mofopolitics and other sites. The neocons will have trouble selling a Syrian intervention to their own base judging by that reaction at the REAGAN library.

That's why their next trick is to get the UK and William Hague to ship them weapons and do an intervention via the back door:

See this article:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?416385-PETER-HITCHENS-Britain-set-Syria-ablaze-Now-we-re-hurling-in-explosives

HOLLYWOOD
06-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Hollywood, that's true and why I think the media/talking heads love war even though they dont have a financial interest their interest is promoting either Israel first or just the lowest form of puerile "look at how awesome our military is" fuck yeah America type jingoistic crap.

For example people like Rush and Hannity are not on the payroll of the MIC directly but their interests align. When Drudge puts up a screeching headline like that he has every neocon talk radio host reading it out and hyping it further. He gives his "clients" i.e the media news rooms and whores on talk radio what they want: Hype and pushing the agenda and narrative to further conflict and bloodshed which is in turn good for ratings and has the switchboard lighting up.If you watch any of the US Fascist corporate media... it's about ratings and their advertisers(revenue sources). Embedded with; Defense contractors, US .Gov agencies, Big Pharma, Multi-National Conglomerates, etc, that advertise on their so-called news shows.

PT Barnum & Bailey 3 Ring Media Circus

enhanced_deficit
09-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Headline:

WAR DRUMS: ASSAD VOWS TO STRIKE ISRAEL

Links to:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/lebanese-tv-syria-has-received-russian-missiles

Where does he says this?

Screw you Matt, back to your neocon ways I see.

He is switching anti Syria drums lately, real test will be Iran wwar drums.