PDA

View Full Version : Philly Police Kill Suspect, 3rd Shooting in a Day

tangent4ronpaul
05-30-2013, 07:12 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/philly-police-kill-suspect-3rd-shooting-day-19286146

Philadelphia police have shot and killed a suspect during a gun battle, marking the third police-involved shooting in the city in 24 hours.

Authorities say the latest shooting happened Wednesday night in the city's Germantown section. Police say they were pursuing at least three suspects and at least one officer fired, killing one of the suspects. A 2-year-old boy also suffered a graze wound during the exchange.

Officers are searching for the remaining suspects.

It marked the third police-involved shooting in the city on Wednesday, hours after the police commissioner announced a review of the department's use of deadly force. In the other incidents, officers shot a man in the buttocks after police say he pointed a gun; another man was critically injured after he was shot by officers who said he fired at them.

-t

BAllen
05-30-2013, 07:14 AM
Why don't officers use tranq weapons?

kathy88
05-30-2013, 07:26 AM
Grazing a two year old? Fucking really? They are so out of control.

pcosmar
05-30-2013, 07:47 AM
officers shot a man in the buttocks after police say he pointed a gun;

Trick shot? or bullshit?

kcchiefs6465
05-30-2013, 07:51 AM
Why don't officers use tranq weapons?
Lmao.

Your posts are becoming more and more 'hilariously' sarcastic. Why don't you just say what you want to say?

kcchiefs6465
05-30-2013, 07:56 AM
Philadelphia had what, 50+ shootings of suspects last year?

There was an article on it. Can't find it at the moment.

They lead the country IIRC.

jkr
05-30-2013, 08:05 AM
its only a FLESH WOUND!

http://cdn.indulgy.com/eD/kC/e6/248260998178403163gZ9YtcHfc.jpg

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-30-2013, 08:08 AM

Maybe this officially begins the era of "They ain't fucking around no more." Suspect = Target

Trick shot? or bullshit?

Gun over shoulder, looking through a mirror. lol

Cleaner44
05-30-2013, 08:14 AM

If a citizen just grazes a cop with a bullet, is that reported and treated as lightly? Since when is shooting a 2 year old child just a simple grazing? I guess sometimes kids just need a good grazing so they learn to respect authority.

Please tell me the parents of the 2 year old are suing the police...

asurfaholic
05-30-2013, 08:49 AM
Officer safety.

They are cleaning the trash off the streets. It's for the children.

2 year old should thank the officer for saving him from someone who wants to get home and smoke dope.

tod evans
05-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Does anyone on the board live in Pa.?

Be interesting to hear the word on the street there..

green73
05-30-2013, 09:33 AM
The rash of shootings marks seven by Philadelphia police in the past week and brings this year's total to 22. Last year, police-involved shootings rose nearly 50 percent to 52 shootings. That number marks a 10-year high.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20130530_Police_critically_wound_three_in_separate _shootings.html

kathy88
05-30-2013, 09:37 AM
I live in PA Green but Philly is another world.

tod evans
05-30-2013, 09:38 AM
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20130530_Police_critically_wound_three_in_separate _shootings.html

The only comment just now;

The criminal justice system grants violent criminals the freedom to terrorize the city. The cops are left to do society's dirty work.

kathy88
05-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Perhaps we should remedy that. Nanny state bastards.

pcosmar
05-30-2013, 09:41 AM

Any bets that the comments are "moderated". (censored)

amy31416
05-30-2013, 11:01 AM
Does anyone on the board live in Pa.?

Be interesting to hear the word on the street there..

We do have at least one regular member who lives in or around the area--maybe he'll chime in.

tod evans
05-30-2013, 11:05 AM
This type of behavior exhibited by the ruling class has spawned armed insurrection time and again throughout history.....

kcchiefs6465
05-30-2013, 11:09 AM
We do have at least one regular member who lives in or around the area--maybe he'll chime in.
Philly is ridiculous. Not even being from the area I know this. (the video of the groups of kids (8-12 years old) robbing people after school and the video of the guy who shot up the strip club because they wouldn't play his music for example. It's nuts out there.) That being said, Philadelphia far surpasses any other city in the US in the number of shootings by a cop. Also in deaths by a police officer, as well. (IIRC.. there was an article posted here about it. Something like 67 officer shooting deaths in one year. That is give or take but I remember it is very high)

Looking at the wiki it mentioned that since 2010 27 officers have been arrested. There was the cop who shot himself in the shoulder and claimed he was in a shootout, the cop who was working with a drug dealer (informant) to rob other drug dealers, the woman who was punched in the face after being mistaken as the one who threw water. In general, the cops out there are pieces of shit. Not that it's different in any other big city. (or city, for that matter)

amy31416
05-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Philly is ridiculous. Not even being from the area I know this. (the video of the groups of kids (8-12 years old) robbing people after school and the video of the guy who shot up the strip club because they wouldn't play his music for example. It's nuts out there.) That being said, Philadelphia far surpasses any other city in the US in the number of shootings by a cop. Also in deaths by a police officer, as well. (IIRC.. there was an article posted here about it. Something like 67 officer shooting deaths in one year. That is give or take but I remember it is very high)

Looking at the wiki it mentioned that since 2010 27 officers have been arrested. There was the cop who shot himself in the shoulder and claimed he was in a shootout, the cop who was working with a drug dealer (informant) to rob other drug dealers, the woman who was punched in the face after being mistaken as the one who threw water. In general, the cops out there are pieces of shit. Not that it's different in any other big city. (or city, for that matter)

I lived in Baltimore and one of my best friends lived in Philly, so I visited pretty regularly. I never had any issues, but I'd never want to live there. (Of course, I don't want to live in Baltimore again either.)

There's just kind of a stench to both of the cities, from the residents, the cops and the politicians. Glad I left.

It's a shame too, they could both be beautiful cities.

kcchiefs6465
05-30-2013, 11:31 AM
I lived in Baltimore and one of my best friends lived in Philly, so I visited pretty regularly. I never had any issues, but I'd never want to live there. (Of course, I don't want to live in Baltimore again either.)

There's just kind of a stench to both of the cities, from the residents, the cops and the politicians. Glad I left.

It's a shame too, they could both be beautiful cities.
Yeah, it's so corrupt even on the local level, I can imagine where the people started thinking they were gangsters came from. Plus drugs and everything else. That's pretty much every big city out that way though. Mob ties for generations. I don't think it will be changing anytime soon. Except maybe for the worse.

I wouldn't mind living in Baltimore... so long as they kept the crabcakes coming.

amy31416
05-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Yeah, it's so corrupt even on the local level, I can imagine where the people started thinking they were gangsters came from. Plus drugs and everything else. That's pretty much every big city out that way though. Mob ties for generations. I don't think it will be changing anytime soon. Except maybe for the worse.

I wouldn't mind living in Baltimore... so long as they kept the crabcakes coming.

You have no idea how much I miss the East coast seafood...fresh markets. Buying live crabs, mussels, etc. :( Amazing restaurants in that area too. Going a bit farther North to NYC & Boston was awesome too--all the markets and beautiful architecture.

Good and bad no matter where you are, I suppose. But I'm glad to be in the boonies given where things seem to be heading, I just have to cook everything myself if I'm lucky enough to find the ingredients I want.

pcosmar
05-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Good and bad no matter where you are, I suppose. But I'm glad to be in the boonies given where things seem to be heading, I just have to cook everything myself if I'm lucky enough to find the ingredients I want.

Crawdads

http://www.terrybullard.com/images/Plate.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX0Q2UY_l0g

:D :p

amy31416
05-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Crawdads

http://www.terrybullard.com/images/Plate.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX0Q2UY_l0g

:D :p

Mini-lobsters! Where can I git me some of those?

pcosmar
05-30-2013, 01:10 PM
Mini-lobsters! Where can I git me some of those?

People use traps in streams.. I have used a line and look for holes around ponds. (or did as a kid)
They are all around the country.

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/mscms/fishing-articles/the-rusty-crayfish-a-culinary-delicacy/