PDA

View Full Version : How many Iowans are there going to be?

Seer
06-23-2007, 07:30 PM
Specifically, how many people that all ready support Ron Paul are we expecting at the event? I think it'd be a good thing for the Iowans to outnumber the out-of-staters. So, how many people do we reasonably expect from each, and can our Iowans here make sure that they bring their friends and family to pump up the number of Iowans?

A little off-topic, but isn't Iowa part of the Midland accent? It shouldn't be too hard to blend in.

UCFGavin
06-23-2007, 07:34 PM
i expect 1 billion

IrrigatedPancake
06-23-2007, 09:33 PM
That is probably my biggest concern at the moment. I don't think would Iowans like people from other states telling them how to vote (even politely), just as any state doesn't want any other state telling it how to run it's government. Its part of why we feel so subverted by the North American Union plan.

A gentle, nonoffensive showing of support for RP from other states might be able to draw the interest of Iowans, but active promotion by nonIowans might be taken as uninvited mingling in Iowan affairs.

CJLauderdale4
06-23-2007, 09:35 PM
That is probably my biggest concern at the moment. I don't think would Iowans like people from other states telling them how to vote (even politely), just as any state doesn't want any other state telling it how to run it's government. Its part of why we feel so subverted by the North American Union plan.

A gentle, nonoffensive showing of support for RP from other states might be able to draw the interest of Iowans, but active promotion by nonIowans might be taken as uninvited mingling in Iowan affairs.

I guess I could understand your point, but Iowans chose to make their primary when they did, and they're always host of one of the first straw polls. They should expect this, especially when these polls are "do or die" for candidates who aren't spotlighted by the MSM.

We need not be rude, but passionate. Iowans going to such events should understand...

DavyDuke17
06-23-2007, 09:43 PM

Supporters have to make sure they aren't going around just telling people to vote for Ron Paul. They should just be trying to talk about the issues and representing where Ron Paul stands.

As far as having one state telling another how to run, that fits in perfectly with Ron Paul's message, and out of state supporters can use that to there advantage when talking to Iowans (or any other state). For example, say something like, "Well I am from Minnesota, so I do not know what works best for Iowa, but Ron Paul feels a one size fits all federal approach is not the best way to go. Instead, he feels like local Iowa representatives should be making the crucial decisions for Iowa, and Iowa voters like you would have more of a say in the matter."

LibertyEagle
06-23-2007, 09:49 PM
I hate to bring this up, but I wonder how many out-of-state Ron Paul supporters reserved tickets for the forum, as a kind of protest? It's my understanding that some of these people have no intention of showing up for it. Given the current plan, should they cancel their reservations, so as not to be tying up room space that an Iowan could fill?