PDA

View Full Version : MoveOn.Org Petition: "Tell Guantanamo Hunger Strikers: Stop Torturing President Obama"

RonPaulFanInGA
05-29-2013, 03:08 PM
http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/tell-guantanamo-hunger

Dear Hunger Strikers,

We understand that indefinite detention is not a picnic and that many of you are probably homesick. But the hunger strike is doing nothing to hurt the Congressional Republicans, who are actually the ones responsible for your imprisonment. Meanwhile, the man who has pledged repeatedly to free you is said to be suffering from deep anguish. Obama has your back, but do you have his? Please call off this ill-advised hunger strike.

Seems they pulled it now.

Christian Liberty
05-29-2013, 03:16 PM
LOL! Obama can free these people anytime they want. But will he? I don't think so. Do you really believe he wants to?

Stupid people are stupid, sheep trust government...

seyferjm
05-29-2013, 03:20 PM
ROFL it says that it is now under review.

Dr.3D
05-29-2013, 03:23 PM
"Move On", "Lean Forward".... argh... every time I see the first one I think of the person who just took laxatives. The second one, they should have just said, "Bend Over."

kcchiefs6465
05-29-2013, 03:28 PM
LOL! Obama can free these people anytime they want. But will he? I don't think so. Do you really believe he wants to?

Stupid people are stupid, sheep trust government...
It is a mess.

If he frees them, while they may not have been terrorist sympathizers before, they will be now. I doubt he wants to answer to why someone he freed went on to attack 'us' somewhere in the world. The longer he keeps them without charges or justification the more they will resent it. Thus making it that much harder in their mind to release them. Many were innocent of what they were accused and simply want to see their family. They might seek justice other ways. (possibly suing the United States)

It is clear they will never be released. (as if many people in their respective countries aren't angry over that and taking up arms.. moreso than those released Guantanamo would) That is the problem with interventionism - the unintended consequences. They will be kept forever, as no president is going to want to own up to releasing them knowing that a percentage (however small) will take up arms. I suppose that is what they call "containment of 'radical Islam'?"

Indefinite containment. While creating more who need 'contained.' I don't think words could properly describe how fucked the whole situation is. Books worth of fucked. They don't realize that they aren't making the situation better with increased intervention. Or rather, they realize they are making the situation worse with increased intervention, but have other interests at heart. Lucrative contracts to be filled through the means of corporate welfare and foreign aid. Just wait, the show has just begun.

anaconda
05-29-2013, 03:51 PM
This is indeed an infowar.

angelatc
05-29-2013, 04:11 PM
That poor, poor man. I know what it's like to care too much.

http://redstateeclectic.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83452719d69e2019102b1da16970c-800wi

jkob
05-29-2013, 04:35 PM
lol this has to be a troll

ghengis86
05-29-2013, 05:22 PM
Da faq?

cajuncocoa
05-29-2013, 05:31 PM
I would have sworn that came from The Onion.

BenIsForRon
05-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Obviously a troll, especially in the P.S.

An A+ effort though.