PDA

View Full Version : Alaska GOP coup a bad sign for party's future

Mr.NoSmile
05-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Pretty Much.

The Alaska GOP refused to properly seat elected Chairman Russ Millette and subsequently attempted to remove Vice Chair Debbie Brown when she assumed the Chairmanship. This past week, the takeover of the party was confirmed when the Central Committee rejected appeals from Millette and Brown, reaffirming the unelected installation of establishment favorite Peter Goldberg as the new party Chairman. Goldberg will be the fourth Chairman the party has had in a year, a very unhealthy sign for any organization....The result is what many Republicans in Alaska perceive as a coup overthrowing the elected leadership of the party by a group of long-time office holders seeking to perpetuate an oligarchic control of the party which opposes change and is unfriendly to new members. The refusal of the establishment leaders to give anyone outside of their circle access to financial records, mailing lists or fundraising information makes the situation look even more suspicious, especially because it seems as if denying them access to those party resources may have been the motive behind opposition to Millette and Brown.

And here's a nice one:

What is happening in Alaska is not surprising or unique. It’s just more blatant and shameless.

Lookit:

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/liberty-our-times/2013/may/27/alaska-gop-coup-bad-sign-partys-future/

Warlord
05-29-2013, 08:38 AM
It's really bad there... Reince if he had any credibility would fix this once and for all.

GunnyFreedom
05-29-2013, 09:25 AM
It's really bad there... Reince if he had any credibility would fix this once and for all.

PR-BS claims to want our people involved, but you know he actually supports the Alaska coup. I have no evidence of it, but he probably aided and abetted it. Exact same thing happened in Tampa.

Mr.NoSmile
05-29-2013, 12:40 PM
I posted the article on the Party's Facebook page and found it deleted. Guess some folks aren't open to criticism, even when it highlights the Party's infighting. The folks talk about moving forward without acknowledging whether this was a problem.

Bastiat's The Law
05-29-2013, 12:55 PM
Alaska is just as corrupt as Chicago and Louisiana politics. I hope our people keep fighting. Even if you lose it exposes their corruption.