PDA

View Full Version : Swiss agree to work with IRS on collecting taxes from Americans

green73
05-29-2013, 05:45 AM
AFP - Switzerland has accepted a United States demand to settle a dispute over the alleged complicity of Swiss banks in tax evasion by Americans, Finance Minister Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf announced Wednesday.

"This is both a good and a practical solution," Widmer-Schlumpf told reporters after a cabinet meeting approved the draft accord.

She indicated that the Swiss government had been presented with a take it or leave it offer by Washington.

"It was a unilateral offer, one that we couldn't negotiate," she said.

She declined to give details of the sum that the banks will have to pay US revenue authorities in order to win legal closure, though Swiss media have reported that the overall figure could hit 10 billion Swiss francs ($10.3 billion, 8.0 billion euros).

"If a bank has done a lot of business involving undeclared American funds, it will be a big problem for it," she underlined.

She rejected reports that the Swiss taxpayer would have to come up with at least part of the funds.

"Switzerland will pay nothing," she insisted.

http://www.france24.com/en/20130529-swiss-strike-deal-with-us-over-tax-evasion

HOLLYWOOD
05-29-2013, 09:39 AM
There is no doubt the World's largest MAFIA organization is the US government.

Land of the Free... HAH!

Land of the open prison, expanded those prison walls to a "weaker/smaller" country near you.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-29-2013, 09:45 AM
Many other countries will reap the benefits because of this.

oyarde
05-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Seen this coming for a long time.

Brian4Liberty
05-29-2013, 11:09 AM
Global government will be enabled by international taxation. The IRS is ready to go global.

Warlord
05-29-2013, 11:12 AM
Rand is blocking their tax treaties so poor them!

Seraphim
05-29-2013, 11:16 AM
So the Swiss police will arrest non complying Americans?

Americans in Switzerland should at least see if it's a bluff by telling them to FUCK OFF.

One Man Wolf Pack
05-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Damn, now I have close my Swiss numbered bank account and move my cash back into my mattress....

cindy25
05-30-2013, 02:54 AM
they will learn the hard way they can't serve two masters, as did Rapidshare (also Swiss)