PDA

View Full Version : Adam Kokesh Cancels D.C. March (interview)

green73
05-29-2013, 05:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVn1hE9dAh8

green73
05-29-2013, 05:08 AM
Some points addressed:

Will focus on the 50 state march
Will the time for non-violent revolution soon come to pass?
Is he COINTELPRO?

His statement:

When a government has repeatedly and deliberately failed to follow its own laws, violated the fundamental human rights of its citizens, threatened the sanctity of a free press, created institutions intended to eliminate privacy of communication, waged war at the behest of special interests that threatens the public safety, killed hundreds of children with drone strikes, imprisoned and destroyed the lives of countless individuals for victimless crimes, stifled economic opportunity to maintain the dominance of the financial elite, stolen from the people through an absurd system of taxation and inflation, sold future generations into debt slavery, and abused its power to suppress political opposition, it is unfit to exist and it becomes the duty of the people to alter or abolish that government by whatever means necessary to secure liberty and ensure peace. A new American revolution is long overdue. This revolution has been brewing in the hearts and minds of the people for many years, but this Independence Day, it shall take a new form as the American Revolutionary Army will march on each state capital to demand that the governors of these 50 states immediately initiate the process of an orderly dissolution of the federal government through secession and reclamation of federally held property. Should one whole year pass from this July 4th while the crimes of this government are allowed to continue, we may have passed the point at which non-violent revolution becomes impossible. The time to sit idly by has passed, to remain neutral is to be complicit, just doing your job is not an excuse, and the line in the sand has been drawn between we the people, and the criminals in Washington, DC. While some timid souls will say that it is too early, that we can solve this problem through democratic means provided by government, that current levels of taxation are reasonable for the services provided, and that the crimes of this government are merely a tolerable nuisance; it may already be too late. While there is risk in drastic action, the greater danger lies in allowing this government to continue unchallenged. So if you are content with the status quo, stay home, get fat, watch the fireworks from a safe distance, and allow this Independence Day to pass like any other. But if you see as we see, and feel as we feel, we will see you on the front lines of freedom on July 4th 2013 for this: The Final American Revolution.

Working Poor
05-29-2013, 06:01 AM
we will see what happens now.

PSYOP
05-29-2013, 06:17 AM
Glad this was cancelled. Having 5000 armed citizens thrown in jail and their gun liscenses revoked permanently will do us no good when the FED's swoop in for their final solution. Oh, and Adam Kokesh is controlled op -- hates Rand, gave up on Ron Paul, and now this. Wake up you dupes.

RM918
05-29-2013, 08:46 AM
The march at least was trying to prove some kind of point, this absurd 50 state gambit has no appeal to anyone but the most diehard of folks in the movement and will result in no notice whatsoever. Might sound good to us but anyone outside the bubble is going to think Adam is looney toons.

I also think it's a little sad how he refers to people who think it's too soon as "timid". Calling people cowards for not going along with you IS straight out of the neocon playbook and I hope anyone who agrees with him thinks about that.

Tinnuhana
05-29-2013, 09:34 AM
So if you are content with the status quo, stay home, get fat, watch the fireworks from a safe distance, and allow this Independence Day to pass like any other. But if you see as we see, and feel as we feel, we will see you on the front lines of freedom on July 4th 2013 for this: The Final American Revolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKvvOFIHs4k

ZENemy
05-29-2013, 10:16 AM
He didn't really cancel it, he decentralized it.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-29-2013, 11:16 AM
wtf, biggest disappointment ever. He's tucking his tail between his legs after all that big boy talk.

Murray N Rothbard
05-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Glad this was cancelled. Having 5000 armed citizens thrown in jail and their gun liscenses revoked permanently will do us no good when the FED's swoop in for their final solution. Oh, and Adam Kokesh is controlled op -- hates Rand, gave up on Ron Paul, and now this. Wake up you dupes.

Rand and RP gave up on US.

Calling him controlled/cointelpro is just your poor way of addreasing the cognitive dissonance.

jllundqu
05-29-2013, 11:24 AM
That's what we like to refer to as "All hat, no cattle"

dannno
05-29-2013, 11:37 AM
He didn't really cancel it, he decentralized it.

Ya, I might actually be able to participate in this now.

ZENemy
05-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Ya, I might actually be able to participate in this now.

I was thinking the same thing!

ZENemy
05-29-2013, 11:42 AM
wtf, biggest disappointment ever. He's tucking his tail between his legs after all that big boy talk.

Did you watch the interview? It was really good and gave us a clear answer.

Adam wants to make sure the march is not CENTERED around him, essentially he is trying to include the people and make it less about him.

dannno
05-29-2013, 11:43 AM
That's what we like to refer to as "All hat, no cattle"

So by making this statement can I assume you are disappointed that you won't be going to the DC march as you had planned?

JK/SEA
05-29-2013, 11:44 AM
not cancelled.

JK/SEA
05-29-2013, 11:44 AM

Adam wants to make sure the march is not CENTERED around him, essentially he is trying to include the people and make it less about him.

yep.

PSYOP
05-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Rand and RP gave up on US.

Calling him controlled/cointelpro is just your poor way of addreasing the cognitive dissonance.

LOL RON PAUL GAVE UP? HAHAHAHAHHA. Rand perhaps, but Ron, come on troll.

WM_in_MO
05-29-2013, 11:52 AM
LOL RON PAUL GAVE UP? HAHAHAHAHHA. Rand perhaps, but Ron, come on troll.
Ron has admitted that he never expected to win.

Czolgosz
05-29-2013, 11:54 AM

I'll bite.

If 5000 armed citizens would allow themselves to be thrown in jail, and have their gun "licenses" revoked, why would there be rebellion against a "final solution?"

Tod
05-29-2013, 11:56 AM
As I understand it, the DC march IS cancelled and a new group of marches is planned instead, on each state capitol.

By not clearly saying that the DC march is cancelled, it is possible that some poor sap would show up and wonder where everyone is?

HOWEVER: At least at my state capitol, it is not against the law to carry on the sidewalk around the capitol building, and because it is not illegal, that changes the march from an act of civil disobedience down to a simple protest, which is a major change.

It also makes it look like Adam chickened out. (I was too chicken to go in the first place, so feel free to call me all the names you like for pointing this out)

JK/SEA
05-29-2013, 11:56 AM
not cancelled. Watch the video again, and this time fucking listen.

PSYOP
05-29-2013, 12:03 PM
Adam just doesn't want to go back to jail -- a chicken shit if you ask me.

ObiRandKenobi
05-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Wow. Totally lame.

Tod
05-29-2013, 12:08 PM
not cancelled. Watch the video again, and this time fucking listen.

At 6:55, Derrick explicitly says that the main march, open carry on DC has been cancelled. Adam does not refute that statement and in fact nods his head in assent at that statement. What part are YOU listening to?

The fact that there is so much confusion about this point is ridiculous and speaks volumes about how poorly this is being handled.

JK/SEA
05-29-2013, 12:08 PM
Adam just doesn't want to go back to jail -- a chicken shit if you ask me.

who's paying you?...Lindsey Graham?

JK/SEA
05-29-2013, 12:10 PM
At 6:55, Derrick explicitly says that the main march, open carry on DC has been cancelled. Adam does not refute that statement. What part are YOU listening to?

The fact that there is so much confusion about this point is ridiculous and speaks volumes about how poorly this is being handled.

start listening...real close..at the 1:15 mark.

PSYOP
05-29-2013, 12:11 PM
who's paying you?...Lindsey Graham?

Ummm, no. I just think Adam is a little pussy to cancel the march just because he doesn't want to go back to jail. A nation wide protest isn't going to do shit. You need one big ass wave of people to launch on Washington D.C. That gets attention. Not these piddly little 50 people rallies at individual state capitals.

dannno
05-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Ummm, no. I just think Adam is a little pussy to cancel the march just because he doesn't want to go back to jail. A nation wide protest isn't going to do shit. You need one big ass wave of people to launch on Washington D.C. That gets attention. Not these piddly little 50 people rallies at individual state capitals.

Nobody is stopping you from leading a march in DC...

Tod
05-29-2013, 12:16 PM
start listening...real close..at the 1:15 mark.

lol........feel free to go to DC; I suspect you will be the only one. He explains that instead of the original plan of actual civil disobedience with an armed march on DC he is now going to "escalate" it to (mere) protest at each of the state capitols.

ZENemy
05-29-2013, 12:18 PM

I do think Adam is doing more than many others, he is doing more for liberty than I am, that's for sure. That being said I do agree with you, it is TIME for a big move and a bunch of scattered protest reminiscent of occupy will change nothing.

PSYOP
05-29-2013, 12:18 PM
Nobody is stopping you from leading a march in DC...

Irrelevant to my point.

Tod
05-29-2013, 12:22 PM
I do think Adam is doing more for many, he is doing more for liberty that I am, thats certainly true. That being said I do agree with you, it is TIME for a big move.

The main distinction that I see between what WAS planned and what IS NOW planned is that the former was clearly civil disobedience, an intentional breaking of the law. The latter is merely legal protest and as such will garner far less publicity and will have no effect (the peak response from the public was earlier this year when there was all the talk about proposed legislation and now very few will bother to show up)

JK/SEA
05-29-2013, 12:22 PM
lol........feel free to go to DC; I suspect you will be the only one. He explains that instead of the original plan of actual civil disobedience with an armed march on DC he is now going to "escalate" it to (mere) protest at each of the state capitols.

capitols also include D.C.

Tod
05-29-2013, 12:25 PM
capitols also include D.C.

state capitols do not.

Todd
05-29-2013, 12:26 PM
As I understand it, the DC march IS cancelled and a new group of marches is planned instead, on each state capitol.

By not clearly saying that the DC march is cancelled, it is possible that some poor sap would show up and wonder where everyone is?

HOWEVER: At least at my state capitol, it is not against the law to carry on the sidewalk around the capitol building, and because it is not illegal, that changes the march from an act of civil disobedience down to a simple protest, which is a major change.

It also makes it look like Adam chickened out. (I was too chicken to go in the first place, so feel free to call me all the names you like for pointing this out)

Absolutely spot on assessement.

RickyJ
05-29-2013, 12:29 PM
How is he going to cancel it? He doesn't have the power to stop it now, too late Adam and you think way too much of yourself if you think the march needed you in any way. You might have got it started but you won't stop it from occurring now.

PSYOP
05-29-2013, 12:31 PM
How is he going to cancel it? He doesn't have the power to stop it now, too late Adam and you think way too much of yourself if you think the march needed you in any way. You might have got it started but you won't stop it from occurring now.

Umm you clearly have no idea how the internet works.

RickyJ
05-29-2013, 12:31 PM

He thinks he can cancel it, so he obviously thinks it is about him. He is full of it if he thinks it will not happen now. No one needs Adam for any march.

RickyJ
05-29-2013, 12:32 PM
Umm you clearly have no idea how the internet works.

I know Adam is full of himself to think he can cancel it now. He isn't going obviously, but that won't stop the march.

PSYOP
05-29-2013, 12:36 PM
I know Adam is full of himself to think he can cancel it now. He isn't going obviously, but that won't stop the march.

The march won't stop but it's been significantly dismantled and thus no longer a threat to the establishment. AKA a failure.

damiengwa
05-29-2013, 01:46 PM
Kokesh: "Please don't come to DC"

Even as the organizer he "might not" be there.
Now a march on all 50 states. Guns optional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5p75A94c6E&t=0h45m50s

sailingaway
05-29-2013, 01:49 PM
I'm glad he cancelled it, I thought it wasn't thought out completely, although I appreciated his fighting the fight.

I hope he didn't cancel it under threats, but of his own free will, rethinking it.

bolil
05-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Well, there goes that investment. Thanks Adam.

phill4paul
05-29-2013, 01:59 PM
If he marches he's a looney if he doesn't he's a pussy. SMFH.

RickyJ
05-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Kokesh: "Please don't come to DC"

Even as the organizer he "might not" be there.
Now a march on all 50 states. Guns optional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5p75A94c6E&t=0h45m50s

LOL! The FreeAdamKokesh site was up 6 days before he was "arrested." This guy is playing people for fools.

PatriotOne
05-29-2013, 02:02 PM
Adam Kokesh Cancels D.C. March

In other words, he couldn't find enough crazy people to volunteer to be human targets for the police and it was going to be an embarrassing and epic failure.

The alarm was sounded all over the internet on this ludicrous plan. People listened.

RickyJ
05-29-2013, 02:05 PM
I'm glad he cancelled it, I thought it wasn't thought out completely, although I appreciated his fighting the fight.

I hope he didn't cancel it under threats, but of his own free will, rethinking it.

What makes you think he can cancel it? He doesn't have super powers.

damiengwa
05-29-2013, 02:05 PM
LOL! The FreeAdamKokesh site was up 6 days before he was "arrested." This guy is playing people for fools.

Enough of that conspiracy stuff dude...do you even have a link. People said that sandy hook fbook pages were up days in advanced. all debunked. inaccurate google date stamping on re-titled fbook pages were to explain. Like any one planing this stuff would make such an obvious mistake. how can "they" be so competent as to have a 7 year planted co-intel agent slowly gaining support only to blow the cover so easily.

RickyJ
05-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Enough of that conspiracy stuff dude...do you even have a link. People said that sandy hook fbook pages were up days in advanced. all debunked. inaccurate google date stamping on re-titled fbook pages were to explain. Like any one planing this stuff would make such an obvious mistake. how can "they" be so competent as to have a 7 year planted co-intel agent slowly gaining support only to blow the cover so easily.

Weren't you the guy that said he got turned on by Adam's biceps pose? You are not really impartial when it comes to Adam, are you?

sailingaway
05-29-2013, 02:10 PM
What makes you think he can cancel it? He doesn't have super powers.

Obviously others can continue it. I guess I meant I'm glad he's not calling for it: I think good people will get in trouble with less benefit than other ways of structuring this would allow. However, I support people fighting for liberty with non violent civil disobedience if they are prepared for the consequences.

as to the free Kokesh page, I have no idea when it went up, but I think it is entirely possible they EXPECTED him to get arrested -- just not until the DC march -- and intended to use it to raise awareness. Now Adam has already been arrested and jailed for nothing as far as I can tell, has a 'prior' potentially, in the citation, and his Dad was just arrested coming into the country. (That was his Dad, wasn't it? I didn't follow that, really.) He's put more on the line than most.

JK/SEA
05-29-2013, 02:20 PM
The Trolls on this Website are part of the facebook page, "The Modern American Revolution". They have been trying to spread rumors that the armed March on Washington DC is cancelled. This is not true, bring your guns and kick some ass. As for the racist right attacking Kokesh, everybody who supports Kokesh should go to the Modern American Revolution and give them all the special trolling you have. http://www.lolbrary.com/content/883/how-to-troll-traffic-8883.jpg

I have heard Adam say the march is not cancelled. Until i hear him say DIRECTLY that the march is cancelled, refer to the above.

Fuckin trolls...its springtime, i guess a new batch of trolls has sprouted from the manure.

RickyJ
05-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Obviously others can continue it. I guess I meant I'm glad he's not calling for it: I think good people will get in trouble with less benefit than other ways of structuring this would allow. However, I support people fighting for liberty with non violent civil disobedience if they are prepared for the consequences.

as to the free Kokesh page, I have no idea when it went up, but I think it is entirely possible they EXPECTED him to get arrested -- just not until the DC march -- and intended to use it to raise awareness. Now Adam has already been arrested and jailed for nothing as far as I can tell, has a 'prior' potentially, in the citation, and his Dad was just arrested coming into the country. (That was his Dad, wasn't it? I didn't follow that, really.) He's put more on the line than most.

I don't know anything about his dad being arrested. You might be right about his supporters putting the site up before the march, but something is still very fishy about the way Adam was arrested. Standard protocol in a arrest was not followed when he was arrested. He was not cuffed before being taken away. That seems very strange to me.

noneedtoaggress
05-29-2013, 02:38 PM
I don't know anything about his dad being arrested. You might be right about his supporters putting the site up before the march, but something is still very fishy about the way Adam was arrested.

They did put it up in expectation for the DC march. In fact, they were caught off guard when he was arrested earlier and put up a hacked together, broken site because they had to go live with it earlier than they were expecting. They registered it because they wanted to prevent the domain from going to one of his detractors.

Standard protocol in a arrest was not followed when he was arrested. He was not cuffed before being taken away. That seems very strange to me.

Pause this video at 3:53. He's cuffed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKB4ltAnY4Y

They tried to take him down to the ground ( presumably to rough him up a bit and cuff him ), but were unable to destabilize him and his hands were up and rigid so they ended up dragging him standing up to the cordoned off area where they cuffed him.

RickyJ
05-29-2013, 02:52 PM
They did put it up in expectation for the DC march. In fact, they were caught off guard when he was arrested earlier and put up a hacked together, broken site because they had to go live with it earlier than they were expecting. They registered it because they wanted to prevent the domain from going to one of his detractors.

Pause this video at 3:53. He's cuffed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKB4ltAnY4Y

They tried to take him down to the ground ( presumably to rough him up a bit and cuff him ), but were unable to destabilize him and his hands were up and rigid so they ended up dragging him standing up to the cordoned off area where they cuffed him.

They didn't take the other guy to a cordoned off area before cuffing him, so why did they do that to Adam? And what makes you think they couldn't have taken him to the ground? Adam may be strong but they two of them on him would have brought him down easy, and they could have just tazed him if he didn't listen to their demands like they do to most everybody else.

sailingaway
05-29-2013, 02:56 PM
I don't know anything about his dad being arrested. You might be right about his supporters putting the site up before the march, but something is still very fishy about the way Adam was arrested. Standard protocol in a arrest was not followed when he was arrested. He was not cuffed before being taken away. That seems very strange to me.

I think his targeting was strange. But I was thinking that they were looking specifically for him in order to put the pressure on BEFORE the march they actually wanted to impact, not that he was in on it. I don't have a hard and fast opinion of Adam, but I take people on good faith until shown otherwise, and I liked him enough to donate to his campaign at one point. I didn't like the way he reacted at the end of Ron's campaign, but a lot of people were upset in that time frame, and were acting out of emotion, so I don't put it down to anything suspicious.

noneedtoaggress
05-29-2013, 03:03 PM
They didn't take the other guy to a cordoned off area before cuffing him, so why did they do that to Adam? And what makes you think they couldn't have taken him to the ground? Adam may be strong but they two of them on him would have brought him down easy, and they could have just tazed him if he didn't listen to their demands like they do to most everybody else.

Poe didn't just put his hands up and stabilize himself, he was flailing around and was taken to the ground and roughed up because of it. Kokesh didn't resist being arrested, he prevented himself from being thrown down the ground. There was also an angry yelling mob right next to them.

Either way, he was cuffed before being taken away.

sailingaway
05-29-2013, 03:05 PM
The Trolls on this Website are part of the facebook page, "The Modern American Revolution". They have been trying to spread rumors that the armed March on Washington DC is cancelled. This is not true, bring your guns and kick some ass. As for the racist right attacking Kokesh, everybody who supports Kokesh should go to the Modern American Revolution and give them all the special trolling you have. http://www.lolbrary.com/content/883/how-to-troll-traffic-8883.jpg

I have heard Adam say the march is not cancelled. Until i hear him say DIRECTLY that the march is cancelled, refer to the above.

Fuckin trolls...its springtime, i guess a new batch of trolls has sprouted from the manure.

seriously? I'll have to watch the youtube in the OP now.... :/

sailingaway
05-29-2013, 03:11 PM

OK go to 1:20 where he speaks of the march and says 'that's off now, not cancelled but.....' essentially diffused into multiple marches so no one head can be cut off by disappearing someone is the way he seems to put it. And he was willing to go into solitary for thirty days which is the limit of what they can do with the 'speedy trial' law per what he was saying....

He is saying his parole is based on his not doing things so on June 8 may not be able to do something unless charges are dropped...I was primarily listening to find out if the march was canceled and half tuned out after that, so I went back and listened to this part after others commented. He said he did WAS able to be at the follow up smoke out event in June because he didn't have bail, and it is Poe who can't go because he has conditions. So they have another opportunity to arrest him between now and the march, I guess, at least one, since I have no idea what the rest of his schedule may contain... and I didn't listen to the whole thing.

I will say Adam looks a lot better than he has in youtubes I've seen at the end of and after Ron's campaign. Getting his teeth into this issue seems to agree with him.

RickyJ
05-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Poe didn't just put his hands up and stabilize himself, he was flailing around and was taken to the ground and roughed up because of it. Kokesh didn't resist being arrested, he prevented himself from being thrown down the ground. There was also an angry yelling mob right next to them.

Either way, he was cuffed before being taken away.

OK, thanks for letting me know that, I didn't see this video before and your explanation makes sense about the way he was arrested.

Tod
05-29-2013, 03:35 PM
He is saying his parole is based on his not doing things so on June 8 may not be able to do something unless charges are dropped... and I didn't listen to the whole thing.

Are you sure he wasn't talking about Poe? Poe is out on bail, but Kokesh made no concessions and has no court date.

sailingaway
05-29-2013, 03:36 PM
Are you sure he wasn't talking about Poe? Poe is out on bail, but Kokesh made no concessions and has no court date.

He said 'I may not be able to...' Maybe he meant his bail was conditioned. He may not have 'agreed' to it, the court may have just set terms, I don't know.

noneedtoaggress
05-29-2013, 03:40 PM
He said 'I may not be able to...' Maybe he meant his bail was conditioned. He may not have 'agreed' to it, the court may have just set terms, I don't know.

He wasn't bailed and his charges were reduced to citations with no conditions which he didn't even sign (he said he was prepared to go back to the SHU over it, but they probably figured it was more trouble that it was worth, and he's already getting prepared to sue them over the whole thing).

He said he was probably going to burn them (citation papers) in DC at the Smokedown Prohibition event there.

damiengwa
05-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Weren't you the guy that said he got turned on by Adam's biceps pose? You are not really impartial when it comes to Adam, are you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOqJ1F44_-Y

noneedtoaggress
05-29-2013, 03:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF-dq6UkVxY

Here's a podcast discussing the arrest & experience in the detention facility (from Kokesh's perspective), the change in the march, and an interview with Poe. Which will probably answer a lot of questions.

It's pretty long though, just over 1 1/2 hrs.

damiengwa
05-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Maybe they just targeting him bc he was a MJ organizer. Maybe it didn't have so much to do with the armed march?

Maybe when he was inside they put him back into that sensory deprived room, strapped him to a chair, injected him with the mind control drungs and taped his eyelids open and made him watch flashing QR codes that reprogrammed him. Maybe Bester from the Psycore planted a fake personality in him that will be triggered at the right moment when he is dealt the queen of hearts, and the fake Adam Kokesh personality will be destroyed and the real Adam will come out and do something that will be the death blow of the liberty movement.

Seriously, you guys just go off the rails with your 'what ifs' about Kokesh. He's doing his best to organize something that will have the biggest impact. Maybe folks go to DC anyway, but we got the vids of him discouraging that. He wants state capital marches, armed or not, at the discretion of local organizers.

Quick lets keep destroying him. Call him a pussy, a turncoat a russian agent controlled opposition. Seriously folks, Adam is exactly what he appears, maybe hes got a secret or two, but who doesn't.

anaconda
05-29-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm confused: Adam was critical of people two weeks ago (like Lew Rockwell) for being wary that "something bad might happen." Now Adam cancels the D.C. march because the "government might disappear people?" Isn't this contradictory? Furthermore, if a thousand or more were expected to attend the D.C. march, how is this "about him?"

Tod
05-29-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm confused: Adam was critical of people two weeks ago (like Lew Rockwell) for being wary that "something bad might happen." Now Adam cancels the D.C. march because the "government might disappear people?" Isn't this contradictory? Furthermore, if a thousand or more were expected to attend the D.C. march, how is this "about him?"

Maybe while he was in prison, a little birdie whispered in his ear that if he goes through with the DC march he just might be gitmoed.

anaconda
05-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Maybe while he was in prison, a little birdie whispered in his ear that if he goes through with the DC march he just might be gitmoed.

He has too high of a public profile. Too many in the liberty movement would go ballistic if he vanished.

noneedtoaggress
05-29-2013, 04:08 PM
I'm confused: Adam was critical of people two weeks ago (like Lew Rockwell) for being wary that "something bad might happen." Now Adam cancels the D.C. march because the "government might disappear people?" Isn't this contradictory?

"something bad might happen" is abstract, while "the government might disappear people" may be "something bad", most people were talking about some sort of civil war/massacre/bloodbath situation.

It seems, for better or worse, he wants to use the momentum of the march to decentralize it making it more "leaderless" and refocus it on a more fundamental problem (federal gov) than a symptom (gun rights infringements). His arrest appears to have catalyzed him to push harder. He had already tried to expand it from strictly a gun-rights issue to a general "civil disobedience" event before this more recent expansion, after the response by the DC Chief of Police (I think?). It may be arguable at what would have a more positive effect, or be effective depending on the goals, but he largely seems like he's intent on pushing the conversation forward as much as possible. Conversations about the federal government, individual rights, and peaceful secession, etc.

Furthermore, if a thousand or more were expected to attend the D.C. march, how is this "about him?"

Detractors, some supporters, and the media made the march largely focused on him as it's "leader".

RickyJ
05-29-2013, 04:15 PM
He has too high of a public profile. Too many in the liberty movement would go ballistic if he vanished.

I don't think his profile is that high. And I don't think they care if people go ballistic, they have the capability to arrest all who give them problems.

brooks009
05-29-2013, 04:23 PM
I thought about buying .freeadamKokesh.com as soon as I heard about the march. So why are people surprised someone bought the site before he got arrested? Use common sense people.

Liberty74
05-29-2013, 04:24 PM

Gave up on Ron Paul so that makes him a controlled op? LOL

Ron Paul was NEVER in it to win it people. He had no real ambition of becoming President. He never attacked the front runner Romney because - it came out all after the fact - that the Romney camp threatened to go nuclear on Ron Paul with vicious attacks. Ron Paul's "in it to win it" message was just that, to educate the young crowd via college campuses by spreading the message of liberty despite that fact that the youth don't vote in primaries. So please, blame RON PAUL for his own loss and for giving up. Some of you still don't get it.

Adam does not hate Rand. But he will attack Rand when Rand is wrong. Heck, I will attack Rand now for his vote in support of Monsanto. Rand is one of the 71 sell outs senators who basically sided with Monsanto's position to not label food as GMO. Now eat your cancer!!!

damiengwa
05-29-2013, 04:24 PM
Detractors, some supporters, and the media made the march largely focused on him as it's "leader".

BINGO! He's doing it for the movement. How can they accuse some one of organizing 50 rallies? They can't! Even the dumbed down public couldn't believe that.

Maybe he was also creeped-out by all them trolls coming out and spreading disinfo on him. Even liberty movement folks who just don't like the march and think it will some how be bad for the movement began attacking him personally. Have we learned nothing, even DR. Paul always said you can't control people. Did you detractors seriously think you'd stop the march by going on Anti-Kokesh tirades? You keyboard warriors who guard the sanctity of the movement?

Now he's opened it up. More people can theoretically come. It may be ignored by the media now though b/c its dispersed.

Lets look at the pluses and minuses and interesting points (PMI):

DC March:
Civil Dis that may have resulted in headline grabbing arrests
P: Could wake people up to the unfairness of the gun laws and the lack of application of Heller in DC.
M: Spun to make gun rights people look kooky, scare up the need for banning open carry or other gun restrictions
I: What is the point of open carry other than this? I mean who carries a loaded rifle in public for self defense?

P: Harder for the media to ignore: Armed marchers brazenly in violation of dc law, "angry" tea partiers, anti-govs...etc bear down on whitehouse, organizer saying its armed revolt!
M: Easier to possibly demonize
M: Easy to blame one person for organizing it, and to demonize him.
I: Won't they always demonize the liberty movement anyhow?

50 State March:
P: Does not depend on Kokesh, can't be blamed on one guy
M: Not as likely to achieve as much media attention
P: Can't organize a federal response and black bag all those people so quickly! Too many organizers, it would be totally obvious they were targeting peaceful organizers!
P: Can't provocateur all 50 states, government too weak and disorganized. Impossible to maintain plausible deniability.
P: Its been done before, armed assemblies at many state capitols, precedents set. people won't be so freaked out
M: Its been done before, a rally at the capitol for this or that. nothing ever comes of it. ever.
P: No longer calling it an armed revolt (i hope), but calling for political action to dissolve the Fed
M: Completely impractical in what they are asking for, the politicians in the state house are just as bad (see nothing will come of it)
M: No challenge to DC's insane gun restrictions
I: Lew Rockwell, Stu Rhodes, Jame Yeager, et al chicken littles can't say its dumb and will end in a bloodbath, or its going to be a violent revolt by an evil man.
I: No one in the liberty movements should be against this, its peaceful political action in furtherance of free speech, no precious laws being threatened.

Thoughts?

noneedtoaggress
05-29-2013, 04:26 PM
I don't think his profile is that high. And I don't think they care if people go ballistic, they have the capability to arrest all who give them problems.

They do have the capability to do a lot, especially the more isolated and disorganized (as opposed to decentralized) people are. Or centralized as a movement for that matter.

But ultimately they really don't have the capability to "arrest all who give them problems", and while they may be able to get away with a lot at first, it would ultimately lead to their downfall. This system runs as "smoothly" as it does because there is virtually no resistance to it, and it requires a vast vast majority to consent. There is consent as just about everyone is attempting to reform it, and the political process is able to largely diffuse dissent.

Adam largely seems like he's trying to push people past the idea that the Federal Gov can (and should) be reformed, and that people should start actively promote severing their relationship with it.

anaconda
05-29-2013, 04:32 PM
At around 9:16 Adam says if these events have "leaders" then there are "followers" and the "followers," by his definition, are "not part of the freedom movement." This is patently false. When Ron Paul sent out emails asking for contributions for himself or various candidates, I stepped up and contributed. I followed. And contributed to liberty. I discuss with my friends, I study, and I vote accordingly. I did what Ron Paul suggested. The fact that I may defer to someone with leadership charisma is not antithetical to liberty. If the persons with leadership charisma and integrity of philosophy wish to inspire, this is a positive thing. If Adam had a problem with "leading" I would have preferred he came to that conclusion before rallying participants for his open carry march (before getting arrested he was not choosing to label all of those that pledged to march with him on D.C. as "followers" and "not part of the freedom movement"). He could have even given a speech at the D.C. march that said he was henceforth passing the torch to all individuals to self actualize and not "follow," or words to that effect. Rather than cancel the event after a week in jail.

I admire all that Adam has attempted to do, but I fear that they "got to him." This is deeply disturbing.

noneedtoaggress
05-29-2013, 04:37 PM
He could have given a speech there that said he was henceforth passing the torch to all individuals to self actualize and not "follow" or words to that effect.

From my POV this is essentially what he's trying to do, and trying to say in that comment about "leaders". He was trying to push the idea that liberty is about self-actualizing as the leader of your own life. I agree with you that he didn't really put it in a good way, and that there's nothing unlibertarian about looking up to others for guidance, but he's a fallible human. Shrug.

TBH I'm pretty sure he sees himself as a sort of leader, regardless of what he says about it. Though he may struggle with that idea a bit.

damiengwa
05-29-2013, 04:40 PM
And I don't think [the government] cares if people go ballistic [over vanishing kokesh], they have the capability to arrest all who give them problems.

No they don't have such ability, you misunderstand the beast. I blame Alex Jones, he makes the government out to be so powerful and nasty. Even people who don't listen to him wind up getting affected.

Do this exercise: Count the number of cops on duty in your neighborhood. Count how many homes they cover, look at the capacity of their holding cells. If one out of 1000 people in your home town went ape against the government all the "officials" who could, would flee to an underground bunker or leave the country.

That's all it takes. You can't round up the people like that. These liberals like Bill Maher laugh about the idea that the American public could fight off the US government if they wanted.

1) Most of the military would defect or stand down
2) if they didn't they are concentrated to a few bases. They can't patrol more than a few major cities, most of the country would become rebel territory
3) the daily jobs of the bureaucrats are all offices with known locations that are minimally secured. They could be raided, burned or shutdown by a small group of people.

The US & even state governments are not set up to survive and assault by more than just a few people. They are so freaking weak, they were afraid of that march, thats why they threw all the trolls and black bagging at Kokesh. It was their only hope. They knew that if they leveled the kind of responses needed against 1,000+ armed marchers it would terrify the public and they might go ape and it would be over for them.

They are so scared. Think about it. At the highest levels they are involved in cover ups or political targeting, illegal spying, kickbacks from special interests, bribes, murders. they get a thrill in their criminal minds from it. Testing what they can get away with, how far they can push it. They fear exposure, just like they said in They Live. Expose them and its over. Thats why they try to control the media and internet.

They fear the anger and retribution of the public when they are exposes. Thats why they at the higher levels all built bunkers and i'm sure have offshore arraingements. I imagine most of the Senate and House and Presidential staff just getting on a plane and flying out of hte country when SHTF. They have no death camps, no legion of brainwashed thugs. They really have nothing, and when their pants come down they are thru.

Its pathetic that this nation is actually currently held at bay by such evil yet so ridiculously weak people. A tribute to your methods, Feds! Must be all the dam government education. Public education should be banned in the new order.

noneedtoaggress
05-29-2013, 04:43 PM
+1

http://www.mises.org/document/1218/The-Politics-of-Obedience-The-Discourse-of-Voluntary-Servitude

http://mises.org//store/Assets/ProductImages/SS374.jpg (http://www.mises.org/document/1218/The-Politics-of-Obedience-The-Discourse-of-Voluntary-Servitude)

States are more vulnerable than people think. They can collapse in an instant—when consent is withdrawn.

This is the thesis of this thrilling book. Murray Rothbard writes a classic introduction to one of the great political essays in the history of ideas.

In times when dictators the world over are falling from pressure from their own people, this book, written nearly 500 years ago, is truly the prophetic tract of our times.

Étienne de La Boétie was born in Sarlat, in the Périgord region of southwest France, in 1530, to an aristocratic family, and became a dear friend of Michel de Montaigne. But he ought to be remembered for this astonishingly important essay, one of the greatest in the history of political thought. It will shake the way you think of the state. His thesis and argument amount to the best answer to Machiavelli ever penned as well as one of the seminal essays in defense of liberty.

La Boétie's task is to investigate the nature of the state and its strange status as a tiny minority of the population that adheres to different rules from everyone else and claims the authority to rule everyone else, maintaining a monopoly on law. It strikes him as obviously implausible that such an institution has any staying power. It can be overthrown in an instant if people withdraw their consent.

He then investigates the mystery as to why people do not withdraw, given what is obvious to him that everyone would be better off without the state. This sends him on a speculative journey to investigate the power of propaganda, fear, and ideology in causing people to acquiesce in their own subjection. Is it cowardice? Perhaps. Habit and tradition. Perhaps. Perhaps it is ideological illusion and intellectual confusion.

La Boétie goes on to make a case as to why people ought to withdraw their consent immediately. He urges all people to rise up and cast off tyranny simply by refusing to concede that the state is in charge.

The tyrant has "nothing more than the power that you confer upon him to destroy you. Where has he acquired enough eyes to spy upon you, if you do not provide them yourselves? How can he have so many arms to beat you with, if he does not borrow them from you? The feet that trample down your cities, where does he get them if they are not your own? How does he have any power over you except through you? How would he dare assail you if he had no cooperation from you?"

Then these inspiring words: "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."

In all these areas, the author has anticipated Jefferson and Arendt, Gandhi and Spooner, and those who overthrew Soviet tyranny. The essay has profound relevance for understanding history and all our times.

As Rothbard writes in his spectacular introduction, "La Boetie's Discourse has a vital importance for the modern reader—an importance that goes beyond the sheer pleasure of reading a great and seminal work on political philosophy, or, for the libertarian, of reading the first libertarian political philosopher in the Western world. For La Boétie speaks most sharply to the problem which all libertarians—indeed, all opponents of despotism—find particularly difficult: the problem of strategy. Facing the devastating and seemingly overwhelming power of the modern State, how can a free and very different world be brought about? How in the world can we get from here to there, from a world of tyranny to a world of freedom? Precisely because of his abstract and timeless methodology, La Boétie offers vital insights into this eternal problem."

sailingaway
05-29-2013, 04:54 PM
At around 9:16 Adam says if these events have "leaders" then there are "followers" and the "followers," by his definition, are "not part of the freedom movement." This is patently false. When Ron Paul sent out emails asking for contributions for himself or various candidates, I stepped up and contributed. I followed. And contributed to liberty. I discuss with my friends, I study, and I vote accordingly. I did what Ron Paul suggested. The fact that I may defer to someone with leadership charisma is not antithetical to liberty. If the persons with leadership charisma and integrity of philosophy wish to inspire, this is a positive thing. If Adam had a problem with "leading" I would have preferred he came to that conclusion before rallying participants for his open carry march. He could have given a speech there that said he was henceforth passing the torch to all individuals to self actualize and not "follow" or words to that effect. Rather than cancel the event after a week in jail.

I admire all that Adam has attempted to do, but I fear that they "got to him." This is deeply disturbing.

I think he may have had it driven home to him that the cost of this march would be more than would be reasonable consequences, and he decided the message of the march specifically, wasn't worth it. Since I think the march was not perfectly conceived, I have no problem agreeing with that, but I don't really hold it against him. Reasonable consequences for the civil disobedience would be about what he went through already, only on the right march, with ability to address the 2d amendment issue. He may have had it made clear that consequences far beyond the reasonably expected would be in store. No idea if his Dad's arrest played into this, but he says he stonewalled them in prison and maybe family was where it got out of bounds. No clue.

But this isn't 'fighting for liberty' v caving, it is, even if he did get pressured, 'this specific march where he would be handing them an obvious law violation to use against him' vs changing the march a bit. I won't prejudge future actions.

sailingaway
05-29-2013, 04:59 PM
He wasn't bailed and his charges were reduced to citations with no conditions which he didn't even sign (he said he was prepared to go back to the SHU over it, but they probably figured it was more trouble that it was worth, and he's already getting prepared to sue them over the whole thing).

He said he was probably going to burn them (citation papers) in DC at the Smokedown Prohibition event there.

Well, I may have to listen to it again, I was doing something else at the same time.

--

OK, you are right. I was primarily listening to find out if the march was canceled and half tuned out after that. He said he did WAS able to be at the follow up event in June because he didn't have bail, and it is Poe who can't go because he has conditions. So they have another opportunity to arrest him between now and the march, I guess, at least one, since I have no idea what the rest of his schedule may contain...

damiengwa
05-29-2013, 05:00 PM
I think he may have had it driven home to him that the cost of this march would be more than would be reasonable consequences...

But this isn't 'fighting for liberty' v caving, it is, even if he did get pressured, 'this specific march where he would be handing them an obvious law violation to use against him' vs changing the march a bit. I won't prejudge future actions.

Yeah the federal response even shocked me. And you know what, one person won't do it all. But at least we know what scares the living shit out of them. Some on the internet saying "NOW! March on DC." And people actually having balls to sign up for it, publicly. Thousands not afraid of their petty little criminal system, even if they just walked peacefully it would show every one, any time you are ready you can take us down. They can't let the myth of their power to be broken.

noneedtoaggress
05-29-2013, 05:04 PM
oops double post.

noneedtoaggress
05-29-2013, 05:05 PM
They can't let the myth of their power to be broken.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to damiengwa again.

:P

damiengwa
05-29-2013, 05:08 PM
...No idea if his Dad's arrest played into this, but he says he stonewalled them in prison and maybe family was where it got out of bounds.

"But it is quite a different thing to sit by and watch it happening to some one else..." -Kahn Noonien Singh

anaconda
05-29-2013, 05:46 PM
They got to Adam.

05-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Glad it's over. What a mess this would have been.

torchbearer
05-29-2013, 06:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF-dq6UkVxY

Here's a podcast discussing the arrest & experience in the detention facility (from Kokesh's perspective), the change in the march, and an interview with Poe. Which will probably answer a lot of questions.

It's pretty long though, just over 1 1/2 hrs.

thanks, good break down.

torchbearer
05-29-2013, 06:20 PM
They got to Adam.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bolil
05-29-2013, 06:27 PM
I am bummed about the march, I might still go east just to check out the blue ridge and maybe Fredricksburg, Manassas, and wherever the battle called the Wilderness was fought. I'd like to see where Jackson died, and pay my respects to his memory, Lee's, and everyone that died in that misremembered war.

Working Poor
05-29-2013, 07:00 PM
I have been tbinking about this and I can say I am glad that the DC march is pretty much a no go.
I feel like violence might would break out and intensify the violence thst is already going on

I know we do need to be heard and acknowledged. The numbers on our side are growing. I wamt peace not more war.

Czolgosz
05-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Glad the march is cancelled, all that violence. Would hate for the tyrants to be uncomfortable in their tyranny.

damiengwa
05-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Violence at the march? Bunch of left wing talking points and chicken littles of the liberty movement who think it gets taken back by voting or some silly thing. The march would not have been violent, it would have been a big blow to the US Govt either way. They are not allowed in the city, and that would have made a point, or they would be able to go in, which shows them as so vulnerable. They would not have fired a shot on them. Why are you people so delusional? Peaceful marchers would not be fired upon, especially if they were armed.

anaconda
05-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Violence at the march? Bunch of left wing talking points and chicken littles of the liberty movement who think it gets taken back by voting or some silly thing. The march would not have been violent, it would have been a big blow to the US Govt either way. They are not allowed in the city, and that would have made a point, or they would be able to go in, which shows them as so vulnerable. They would not have fired a shot on them. Why are you people so delusional? Peaceful marchers would not be fired upon, especially if they were armed.

I think there's something else going on behind the scenes. I'm afraid they got to him in some way.

Weston White
05-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Really, the D.C. march was really only about establishing a cause of action under a class-action suit, no?

Adam had been clarifying that really the D.C. march was only to entail them marching up to the borderline of D.C. by crossing over a bridge with the expectation that police would be awaiting them they were then going to sound off for an exception to enter the district, get denied about-face and march away. That was all. So really, assuming the city they were marching from permits loaded open carry, there was nothing to be arrested for (which I somehow doubt is the case, e.g., they might be able to open carry while unloaded but not loaded—I could be wrong on that assertion though).

Personally, I think the D.C. march should still go through as planned, although now it could be established as the headmaster or quartermaster march, with the addition of fifty separate state marches to take place all on the same day throughout America.

I think though, the locked-and-loaded aspect should be removed from the mix (for all of the marches); being that the real point is to rise firearms appreciation and awareness of the II Amendment, to challenge the status quo perception on individual rights to keep and bear arms (such can be achieved without the need of cartridges, which for many will result in criminal penal charges).

To also note the D.C. march as a legal/class action would provide for a case to be heard directly within the D.C. Circuit—which would provide for a more impressive impact at the federal level than having merely been reviewed within whichever the Federal Circuit.

Other than that I can only deduce that someone of importance might have told Adam behind the scenes (and was able to reason with him) that D.C. has authority to place whatever reasonable limits on how firearms and muntions are possessed and transferred there and perhaps that relevant SCOTUS cases have even acknowledged this (that effectively should he file suit after the march its outcome will bear his cause no fruit).

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-29-2013, 10:37 PM
I think there's something else going on behind the scenes. I'm afraid they got to him in some way.

divide and conquer? One big protest is now going to turn into 50 tiny ones if people care what Adam has to say, which I don't anymore..

Lucille
05-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Cosmotarians at United Liberty didn't get the memo. They published this today:

In light of recent statements made and actions taken by Adam Kokesh, United Liberty wishes to reaffirm its commitment to individual liberty, limited government, free markets, and peace.

We believe there is a bright line between the type of civil disobedience of the 1960s that helped secure the rights of the disenfranchised, and the notion of potentially violent conflict with federal law enforcement.

We endeavor to continue the temperate, reasonable, and incremental work of spreading libertarian ideas through this site and other media. Adam Kokesh is clearly a troubled individual, and his fringe views should in no way ever be construed to be consistent with the ideals we hold dear.

— The Contributors

Via https://twitter.com/cobrown/status/340140520925970433

torchbearer
05-30-2013, 11:50 AM
divide and conquer? One big protest is now going to turn into 50 tiny ones if people care what Adam has to say, which I don't anymore..

we are doing our own thing in louisiana. someone already started a facebook page for it.
guess where me and most of my caucus will be this july 4?
oh yeah, and it didn't require a leader, or someone doing it for me.
time to be your own leader in your area, and at the very least- believe in yourself.

ZENemy
05-30-2013, 12:36 PM

I think so.

If you look back in history one will usual find the both sides of most wars were funded by "The same people"

No reason to think its any different now.

Tod
05-30-2013, 03:27 PM
So now that I would be legal in carrying armed in my state capitol of Columbus, it sounds like the proposed message I would be telling my state lawmakers is something like:

Ohio Secede Now
Dissolve The Union
Make DC Irrelevant

osan
05-30-2013, 09:01 PM
Ron has admitted that he never expected to win.

An indication of his rationality. Had he held such expectations I would have had to assess him as being in a state of clinical psychosis.

He had no chance. I knew it and so did many others. That doesn't mean he was wrong to try.

kcchiefs6465
05-30-2013, 09:07 PM
An indication of his rationality. Had he held such expectations I would have had to assess him as being in a state of clinical psychosis.

He had no chance. I knew it and so did many others. That doesn't mean he was wrong to try.
Ron Paul did more good with his losing campaigns than the last 10 presidents thought about doing.

Finally woke up a good number of people. Had it not been for shifty MSM parrots I do think he would have had a shot.

anaconda
06-01-2013, 02:02 AM
One big protest is now going to turn into 50 tiny ones if people care what Adam has to say, which I don't anymore..

Bad psychology to plan a big event, have thousands commit, get lots of press coverage, and then cancel. I won't be able to take Adam seriously hereafter.

noneedtoaggress
06-01-2013, 03:03 AM
Bad psychology to plan a big event, have thousands commit, get lots of press coverage, and then cancel. I won't be able to take Adam seriously hereafter.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you about how he's handled changing things up, but I'm guessing he doesn't consider this "cancelling" so much as "kicking things up a few notches"... at least in his own mind. He obviously got a much stronger response than he was expecting when he first mentioned the DC march, and who knows what sort of responses he got outside of FedBook.

It seems like he felt like he could use the inertia from the DC march to push for something even "bigger and better". He's been getting press coverage for this latest stunt too.

speciallyblend
06-01-2013, 10:11 PM
monday morning quarterbacks just the other week. People were foaming out of the mouth if he didn't cancel it now that he has. the foam continues!

Michigan11
06-01-2013, 10:15 PM
There were people running everywhwere.... life is just a party and parties weren't meant to last