PDA

View Full Version : Ft. Worth Police Shoot and Kill Innocent 72-year-old Man While on Burglary Call

SeanTX
05-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Ft. Worth police are the same cowards who last Memorial Day weekend went to the wrong address and shot and killed a border collie, with the coward officer saying he thought it was a "pit bull." Not so surprising that they will kill anything that is even remotely a threat to their oh so precious "officer safety." Dogs, people, it's all the same (that's for the whiners who bitch "why should we care about dogs being shot when people are being shot?" -- well, the two things kind of go hand-in-hand -- cowardice with a firearm is cowardice, no matter the target).

Interesting that supposedly the officers were crying afterwards -- usually they are high-fiving after something like this. That could have something to do with the fact that this happened in a wealthy neighborhood (I'll bet their reaction would be far different if it were an old black man in the 'hood).

Other reports I've since read say that he was shot inside his own garage, and make it sound like maybe the cops went to the wrong address ...

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/05/28/police-shoot-kill-grandfather-while-responding-to-burglary-call/

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A grandfather checking on his neighbor is shot and killed by Fort Worth police. The shots rang out early Tuesday morning near Woodhaven Country Club, in east Fort Worth.

Those close to the family say the victim lived nearby and heard his neighbor’s burglar alarm. Neighbor Jerry Wayne Waller then apparently went outside to see what was going on.

The 72-year-old man didn’t even make it to the house across the street before he was shot. He died on his own property.

The neighbors in the Woodhaven Country Club area and generally know each other pretty well. Becky Haskin, a former Fort Worth City Councilmember, lives in the area and said she believes Waller, “…was doing what neighbors do probably checking on the neighbor that the alarm went off.”

The elderly man, who was armed at the time, was shot and killed in his own driveway by police responding to a burglary call. “We heard five shots,” Haskin recalled. They were just rapid fire one after the other.”

Speaking on the incident Fort Worth police Cpl. Tracey Knight said, “Officers felt threatened by the man with the handgun and he was shot.”

After the shooting Haskin said, “The police officers were sobbing uncontrollably and very distraught.”

SNIP

CBS 11 News has been trying to get more answers from Fort Worth police. The official response has primarily been that the shooting is “an ongoing investigation.”

SNIP

HOLLYWOOD
05-28-2013, 10:33 PM
Sounds like 30 days paid vacation while the city "Rubberstamps NO FAULT" on the investigation for the murderers and then back to shooting/killing as usual, per the Judge, DAs, and State authoritarians.

Welcome to another data point of Stalin's Soviet Union of oppression and murder.

jclay2
05-28-2013, 10:54 PM
Wow, I am very surprised at this. The police were actually showing some actually remorse for their actions.

Anti Federalist
05-29-2013, 01:02 AM
8 times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist.

I reckon that ratio is much higher now.

QuickZ06
05-29-2013, 01:08 AM
Shoot first, never ask questions........

Working Poor
05-29-2013, 05:58 AM
I hate it happened but msybe the fact that it happened in a more up scale neighborhood will she some mich needed light on the subject.

Warlord
05-29-2013, 06:00 AM
I hate it happened but msybe the fact that it happened in a more up scale neighborhood will she some mich needed light on the subject.

They will have forgot about it within a week. Sad but true.

tod evans
05-29-2013, 06:04 AM
The demographics don't change a thing.

All that's different is that a different group of people are talking about how out of control the cops are.

It'll take one of two things to change police behavior, either cut off their funding or fight back.