PDA

View Full Version : 3 People Arrested In Connection With IL Judge's Overdose

angelatc
05-28-2013, 07:46 PM
For lack of a Law and Disorder subforum, I put this in here;

http://fox2now.com/2013/05/28/more-arrests-could-be-made-after-ill-judge-dies-of-drug-overdose/

The third person arrested in the growing scandal appeared in federal court in East St. Louis Tuesday. 45-year old James K. Fogarty of Belleville waived his right to a preliminary hearing during his first court appearance before Magistrate Judge Donald Wilkerson.

Fogarty was charged in a federal criminal complaint with distribution and intent to distribute cocaine. His case will go to a grand jury within thirty days so he was not required to enter a plea on the accusations.

Fogarty is a probation worker from the St. Clair County Office. He is alleged to have sold the cocaine two judges used in March during a weekend party at the Cook family hunting lodge in Pike County. Judge Joe Christ was found dead of cocaine intoxication in the lodge bathroom by fellow attorney Judge Michael Cook that weekend. Cook was arrested last week on two federal charges, possession of heroin and unlawful user of a controlled substance in possession of a firearm.

Sean McGilvery of Belleville was arrested at the same time for conspiracy to distribute and possession with intent to distribute heroin. He will appear in federal court on Thursday.

Seriously. The lives they've ruined....

But you have to wonder about a judge who wasn't smart enough to get rid of his stash before the cops showed up.

Working Poor
05-28-2013, 08:33 PM
I just don't know what to say about this one.

squarepusher
05-28-2013, 08:37 PM
wow, corruption goes up high

tod evans
05-28-2013, 08:39 PM
wow, corruption goes up high

I can't view getting high as corrupt..

However I do view hypocrisy as corrupt..

angelatc
05-28-2013, 08:58 PM
I can't view getting high as corrupt..

However I do view hypocrisy as corrupt..

THat's the thing. Two judges who likely sent people away for 30 - 40 years for doing the same things they were doing, and a Probation Officer who likely made people pee in a cup while collecting their cash.

He probably accepted alternative forms of payment.